House. Wine. & Bistro
1117 W. Business 83
Mcallen, TX 78501Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
House. Wine. & Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.housewineandbistro.com/
- Phone: (956) 994-8331
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Monday -Thursday: 11:00am -10:00pm (Kitchen Closes at 10pm), Friday: 11:00am - 12:00am (Kitchen Closes at 12am), Saturday: 12:00pm-12:00am (Kitchen Closes at 12am) Sunday: CLOSED
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Larry Delgado
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Private Parties, Weddings, Corporate etc.
- Private Party Facilities: Seats 15-50
- Private Party Contact: Lyzette Alanis 9569948331x
- Entertainment: Live Music...Adult Contemporary Lounge Music/Coffee House
A word from House. Wine. & Bistro
house. wine. & bistro. offers a boutique wine bar & New American Bistro dining experience featuring over 100 wines, craft beers and a diverse menu of locally sourced ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
House. Wine. & Bistro - Best Restaurants in McAllen ›
House. Wine. & Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (18)notable wine list (17)romantic (16)neighborhood gem (15)fit for foodies (14)good for groups (13)hot spot (9)great for lunch (8)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- "Best Pork Belly I've Ever Tasted!"AnomnomnonymousDined on 11/5/2014Recently, a dear friend flew in to the RGV on a business trip from Washington, D.C. He is a very serious foodie. He's been to all the best restaurants in D.C. -- and Austin, Texas, where he lived for 20+ years. Now, we all know that D.C. and Austin are major stars in the foodie cosmos. Obviously, I wanted to impress him, so I brought him to House. Wine. He seemed content at the atmosphere, but it wasn't until he tasted the Pork Belly that he truly got excited! I believe his exact words were: "This is BY FAR the BEST pork belly I have EVER tasted, and let me tell you, I've eaten pork belly many times, at many of the best places!" So, there you have it. House. Wine., you are on par with the best of the best in the nation! Cheers!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot in the valleyZDbub44Dined on 11/1/2014This is one of the best and most reliable spots in the valley. Solid wine list, consistently outstanding service and great food. Not a ton of choices in the valley for high end food and service, but this would be a great spot anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing culinary experienceslopez18Dined on 10/10/2014Magnificent food, awesome service, very nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placePhoebeKatDined on 10/4/2014As usual, food and service were outstanding. I love this place on special occasions and also to unwind after work with a glass of wine. One of the best places in McAllen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatmapizanaDined on 9/27/2014Thank you for experience my wife enjoyed her self and so did I. The restaurant had great service.Special Features:
- Always a delightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Had a great dinner and delicious seasonal drink. Dragon fruit mimosa was refreshing and tasty. Love that house.wine.bistro always had something new to introduce to the palate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- alma777Dined on 8/23/2014We went to the bistro to celebrate my sister's birthday this past Saturday. I'm a little picky and hard to please, but what a pleasant surprise! The food was tasty, and well presented. The ambience equally as pleasant. But most of all, kudos to Michelle our server. Talk about great service! Will definitely recommend House. Wine. & Bistro, and will definitely return. Thanks for a memorable afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Addition to McAllenEnjoyEatingOutDined on 8/8/2014Have not been to the valley in a few years but, eating at this restaurant made it well worth the trip. This eatery is a gem.Special Features:
- My New Favorite in McAllenTheRealLandoDined on 8/8/2014Tried this place for the first time and I absolutely loved it! The service was over the top and the food was incredible! The butternut squash risotto is a must-try and the baked Brie can be ordered as an appetizer or dessert. A little noisy after 8 but otherwise perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Delicious food and great service! Server recommended feature of the night.. Chicken Piccata!! Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutsatndingJCOTMODined on 8/1/2014The experience was outstanding. The service and great food keeps us coming back for more. This is truly a gem in McAllen. Our experience at Salt was also excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 40 reviews are from the House. Wine. & Bistro reviews archive.
- Great Restaurant!!Foodlover44Dined on 7/19/2014I had seen this restaurant a couple of times but never really stopped to try it. I am very glad I gave it a chance. The food is amazing! I loved everything! I will definitely be a recurrent customer. The service is excellent as well!Special Features:
- Pleasant eveningluv2dineoutDined on 7/18/2014Was greeted with a smile by hostess, quickly attended by server, and the food….had the ribeye...mouth watering delicious! Very comfortable and relaxing atmosphere. Definitely returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Our group had a wonderful time! Great food! Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Hit & Miss on the Winesmc7812Dined on 6/21/2014The food never disappoints at House. Wine. & Bistro. It is definitely a place for foodies, you really cannot go wrong with anything on the menu from entrees to dessert. The service is also excellent without being pushy. The only two drawbacks in my experience was that when the wine arrived, one of our glasses was filled with chunks of the cork. After trying four different kinds of wine, only one tasted amazing and the others seemed to have a cheap taste and appearance. The noise level was another issue. The restaurant was already pretty loud and we were seated directly under a speaker in the corner which made conversation difficult.Special Features:
- MemorableTandMDined on 6/6/2014Daniel made absolutely certain that we would remember or 15th anniversary at HWB. Thank you for all the extra effort, all the way down to the creamed corn. You'll have to ask Daniel about that.Special Features:
- Great time, but reeeeally loudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Good service and great food, but because we were a party of nine, we were seated at a gigantic round table that would have seemed at home in King Arthur's castle. The live music was actually pretty decent, but turned up so loud that conversation with anyone that wasn't to your left or right required constant repeating or yelling. Did I mention the gigantic round table? If you were to sit at that behemoth of a table, the person sitting opposite you would be in a different zip code. Our server was courteous and helpful, and the ladies appreciated the wine list. The grass-fed ribeye had great flavor and was cooked perfectly, and the flatbread appetizers were tasty, as well. Avoid the round table!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hotfood4meDined on 4/12/2014If you are looking for that place to take your special someone or hang out with a group of friends or colleagues, this is it. Fantastic personable staff, great atmosphere and the food is some of the best. It is easy to find, but hard to forget. Can get a little noisy, but that is part of what makes this such a great spot. If you do not go here, you have deprived yourself of a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingchefmarkDined on 3/28/2014The service is remarkable! Our servers knowledge of the menu was quite extensive and down right impressive, that is something no other restaurant has done in my experience. The food, there are no words to describe how amazing the ahi tuna was. It was so beautiful, I wanted to cry. Im going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodcanuckianDined on 3/27/2014Loved this hidden jem. Food was great and service supper. Keep it up!Special Features:
- Great selection, everythingJbetancourtDined on 3/22/2014Great selection, everything we ordered was exquisite. The food is terrific, for dessert we had the Arnold Palmer which has been one of the best desserts I've ever had.Special Features:
- So far we've never been disappointeAngieRDHDined on 3/20/2014So far we've never been disappointed with our overall experience :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/12/2014I wouldn't have known this place was in town if it weren't for Open Table. What a great restaurant! The pork belly was awesome. Cooked the way it is supposed to be. So good I went back 2 nights in a row!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was a bit slow andnormaDined on 2/28/2014Service was a bit slow and waitress unfortunately didn't offer type of service attention you expect in a place like this. Our bill came when we had asked to see dessert menu. That took some time and then when bill came both tickets were charged on same account. Minot flubs but shouldn't happen in upscale diningSpecial Features:
- Fun Night of Fasting!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014I am the quiet type person, I don't like having to yell in order to talk to a person less than 12 " away from. Upon entering the establishment it was as to be expected for a wine theme. The decor was dead on right though the paintings on the walls were not so much along the theme as in wine is usually vineyards and such. I do not recall where Mexican artist theme with lizards and odd colors come into place. Prices are for at least myself were very expensive considering the meal received. I personally ordered the lamb chops and hand down bowing to the chef as they had explosive amounts of flavor but the portion is not what you would expect for the most expensive menu item at $28 for 6 silver dollar pieces of meat...so much more to write.Special Features:
- Great Food, but.....OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/20/2014No acoustics. Server has to tell at customer and vice versa to even order.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a very good placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014Overall a very good place to go. It is a nice place to take your love one for a special ocassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!ACCharlestonDined on 2/15/2014We loved this place! We got a gift card from friends. We did not know what kind of place this would be... We had the best service and the atmosphere was really cool. The food was awesome... We loved it all... You should try this place out for sure.:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DateValentinesDateDined on 2/14/2014This was my second time dining at House, Wine and Bistro. From the moment you walk in you are greeted by friendly, knowledgeable and professional staff. On both occasions my girlfriend and I have gone with the waiters recommendation and had an impeccable meal, wine and dessert. I couldn't possibly say enough good things about the experience. I highly recommend making the reservation using Open Table. On our first date we waited approximately three minutes to be seated and on Valentine's Day we waited no more than a minute, great experience. If there were anything negative, I would have to say, It's a bit noisy but not to the point where you can't hear or hold a conversation. Outstanding overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!CastleVIPDined on 1/25/2014We keep going back for more! The beef from the McAllen ranch is excellent (grass fed). We've been there with our 3 year old and have always been treated exceptionally well and were very comfortable. The noise level is energetic but you can still have a conversation with a table of 6. Their wine is reasonably priced and their happy hour prices are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Nightmc76Dined on 1/17/2014We have never been disappointed with House Wine. Great food, great ambiance. The best place for an evening with your spouse . Look forward to going back again to trying a new dish. The Pesca Risotto was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaitwaitingDined on 1/17/2014the wait was horrible and i had reservations. I added 2 guests an hour before and they said there will be a short wait, which was perfectly okay. We then waited a whole 1 and 15 mins to get seated then about 10 mins to get our waiter. He was okay he was always gone. We finally ordered at around 9:40pm received our food about 10:30. It was horrible. The food was amazing! I would go again because this was the first time i had a bad experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loudPoiuyDined on 1/10/2014maybe lower down the volume so no one needs to yellSpecial Features:
- So so serviceLuvFoodDined on 1/10/2014A little disappointed with service that evening. Our server looked busy and we noticed. Food and drinks were very good. BF is very finicky & he loved his meal!Special Features:
- There was a vert long waitFerita23Dined on 1/4/2014There was a vert long wait , but we had a reservation and we got seated ver fast, great service, everything was great , it was my friends first visit , they were amazed by the food..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- J-wowJwowDined on 1/4/2014We had a great time and the food was fantastic. More menu items for kids would be good for a lunch date. Wish we could've relaxed longer but we had somewhere else to be. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always A Good TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/3/2014I have been here plenty of times with friends, this was the first time I took my parents. We celebrated my mother's birthday and she had the best time! Food was great, service was attentive, everything was perfect!Special Features:
- My date enjoyed the food andelreyDined on 12/21/2013My date enjoyed the food and like the energy of the crowd and customer service was excellent, I will surely eat here again, when in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with my besties!LadybugDined on 12/20/2013This was the second time we have been there as a group and it was really great! Food and drinks were teriffic and staff was really attentive to our needs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was all good but thenjd1VIPDined on 12/20/2013Food was all good but the star was the lb chop with blue cheese sauce- to die for!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.