House Red Vinoteca
7403 W. Madison Street
Forest Park, IL 60130Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
House Red Vinoteca
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.houseredvinoteca.com/
- Phone: 7087717733x
- Hours of Operation:
Hours: Tuesday - Friday: 2:00pm -10:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm -10:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm -9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: International
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from House Red Vinoteca
House Red Vinoteca is a European-style wine bar and lounge focusing on small-production organic wines and seasonal dishes with influences from around the world.Continued
Join us in our intimate setting for an experience that will bring you back again & again.
Join us in our intimate setting for an experience that will bring you back again & again.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
House Red Vinoteca reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (4)fit for foodies (3)romantic (3)neighborhood gem (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Unexpected pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/6/2014Great little wine bar which also serves good food. They have a limited menu but overall adequate selections. Love that it seemed we were in someone's living room rather than a restaurant. We will come back again when in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- SteigedeDined on 7/6/2014This place is wonderful. Great tasting food, great wine, great atmosphere. I would consider it a good place to grab a pre-dinner drink and/or a small appetizer. Little larger portion sizes or a few cheaper options on the menu would be nice. It's great for a treat or date night.Special Features:
- YummyYummyDined on 6/27/2014The wine and food was excellent. The ceviche was delicious and I would highly recommend it. Their special, which was braised rabbit filled ravioli melted in your mouth. Every small plate we tried was outstanding. We also enjoyed their wine list, we tried three different red wines and all three were great. We will surely be going again. The service was also great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/18/2014Food was excellent and different and unusual. Portions are not huge but quite tasty. Nice selection of wine choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not DelightedLDanoviaVIPDined on 5/31/2014We visited this establishment because they offered a coupon towards food and beverage. As soon as we notified our waitress that we had the coupon, her attitude turned dry and even more dry when we didnt tip heavily. The tampenade was awesome, the flatbread was less than desirable and the ten dollar bottle of wine we paid $30 for was just not right. I will not be returning.
- Great small platesFlamenca130Dined on 5/3/2014This was my first dining experience to House Red Vino Techa, but not my last! The staff and owner were helpful and gracious. I had the pasta special of bow tie pasta with a goat cheese cream sauce, very delicious. The wine list had a wonderful selection and the staff know their pairings well with our dinner and dessert. The ambience was very nice with wine bottles lining one of the walls. I will be going back to House Red Vino Techa.Special Features:
- What a find!WindyCityLoVIPDined on 5/3/2014We remember House Red as a great little wine shop and had picked up a bottle here and there in the last few years when we'd head from the city to the River Forest/Oak Park area for an event. Then I House Red Vinoteca listed on OpenTable and realized this sweet little shop now serves food ... Off we went. And what a delightful surprise - somewhat bistro-esque; somewhat tapas-like. Wines by the glass, quartino (1/2 bottle), bottle or in a 3-glass flight if you want to experiment. Food was creative, beautifully presented and very tasty. We had a great time and will definitely return! we MAY even use House Red Vinoteca as our reason to head west!Special Features:
- another home run!bonbon24VIPDined on 5/2/2014I brought yet another friend who lives nearby (Oak Park) but has never been to House Red. She was absolutely delighted! We ended up staying for almost 3 hours, and never felt rushed or pressured. But we did have a second glass of wine! The food continues to impress, and the wine is always a treat. I've made it my mission to bring everyone I know here to discover what a gem House Red is.Special Features:
- Plan on a relaxed long eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/26/2014I can't say enough good things about the wonderful evening my husband and I shared with another couple at this place. Perhaps what most impressed us what the European approach to the evening - slow to enjoy every moment. Our server asked what we liked in wine, made recommendations. I'm into Malbecs, my husband likes Riesling. She brought out two wines that could not have been more different but also were both incredibly delicious. We started with flat breads. When we made our choices she said "Ok, let's start with that and we'll see where you want to go after that." I have never had that kind of service and man did I love that soft sell. I'll be back with more people and often. The food is all very good, if not always stellar.Special Features:
- Authentic Neighborhood GemChrisDined on 4/12/2014We've lived near this place for years, going back to when it was a wine shop instead of a wine and small plates place. I took my wife here for her birthday and I was glad I did. Extremely friendly service along with a nice list of wines you won't find in those "trendy" places in Oak Park. Combine that with plates of delightful food and we will be back. Don't miss it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- once again...bonbon24VIPDined on 3/28/2014... a winning visit! I brought yet another friend to House Red for drinks and apps, and she was very impressed. Since it's Lent, we didn't order anything with meat, but certainly didn't miss it. We shared three small plates, including the olive tapenade, which I have now ordered on 3 successive visits! I love bringing friends here, and will be back again and again. Neb is the best, and he's done a great job reinventing House Red.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love House RedJackWackDined on 2/26/2014Everything great. It's just becoming too popoular. I wish they could knock down a wall and take the space next door, whatever it is! It's getting a little crowded. But the food is great, wine is fabulous and they remember you from the last time you came!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a cozy smaller restaurantFoodFanVIPDined on 2/25/2014This is a cozy smaller restaurant that offers a chance to try wines you don't see everywhere at a really accessible range of prices. Their food is very good -- a good list of well sized, well made appetizers, several flatbreads, three entrees and several desserts. I like that they have chosen to offer fewer really well made menu items rather than trying to do too much. The service was perfect -- helpful, knowledgable and friendly without being intrusive. I was there for conversation with a friend on a cold night but it would be a great spot for a date. It really is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great night!bonbon24VIPDined on 2/25/2014I have been buying wonderful wine at House Red for years, back to when it was just a small wine shop. But the ever-expanding addition of really great food has been a huge boost for this little Vinoteca. I was meeting up with a long-lost friend, and suggested the Vinoteca as a quiet place to catch up. I've have appetizers here, and the charcuterie plate, but this night, we shared the pork pate', hummus two ways, and olive tapenade. All were fabulous, and of course, the wine selection is outstanding. My friend was very impressed, and I was proud to share this gem. Love this place, and will definitely be back, both to purchase wine (be sure to ask for Neb's recommendations!) and to nosh on delicious, carefully-chosen and presented fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphere & first timeChicago2367VIPDined on 2/23/2014Nice atmosphere & first time dining experience. Being it is a wine bar, would like to see more options by the glass / flights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeJT78VIPDined on 1/30/2014Good place. Well above average food and interesting wine list. Pretty hard to find their wines elsewhere.Special Features:
- Lovely little wine barBreSamVIPDined on 1/24/2014Had a nice time catching up with girlfriends at this cozy spot. It's a wine store -with a great bottle selection plus a nighttime wine bar with delicious small plates in a cozy warm space. Also very reasonable.Special Features:
- Great little wine bar! NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2014Great little wine bar! Nice and cozy! Very knowledgeable about wines & gave great suggestions. Enjoyed a bottle of red wine and some small plates. Olives was delicious, glad to see the gluten-free flatbread option ... flatbread was okay, I didn't really enjoy but my friend really liked it. Highly recommend!
- Great Neighborhood FindOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/12/2014House Red was a terrific find in Forest Park for a nice dinner with a great wine list of New World and Old World varities. The Balkan New Year menu specials were excellent. Great little place for a quiet romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in the forestap23dineDined on 1/4/2014I took my wife to Red Vinoteca for our wedding anniversary dinner. The wine and food selection was delicious and the service was curtious and attentive. The wine selection had a lot of variety and we ended up buying a Croatian Red Wine because we enjoyed it without our dinner. The only thing I would change about this place is the portions of food for the price. The price was very high but and the food was excellent so we will not be able to go as often as we like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- differentddinerDined on 11/15/2013clean, quiet, and comfortable. entree portions small. great wine.
- A local hip eaterySpudDined on 10/19/2013Went out with three friends and was looking for something new and unique---and I certainly found it at Red Vinoteca. Great ambiance, extensive wine list, funky decor. Food was very good and they offered small plates. So, it your're looking for a big heavy meal, go elsewhere. The portions were perfect with the paired wine we were served. Service was very good and staff was friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary AppetizersSteigedeDined on 8/17/2013I made reservations through open table and noted that my girlfriend and I were celebrating our anniversary. They were extremely accommodating. They provided us with complimentary champagne, organized for their smores dish to include a congratulations message written in chocolate, and paired it with a free glass of porto! We got a 3 cheese platter with a tasting flight of red wine. All the wines were wonderful and very interesting (from regions that we were new to). Although a bit pricey, it's well worth it for the outstanding service, expertly picked wines and cheeses, and wonderful atmosphere. We'll definitely be coming back for future special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls' Night OutredrosemayDined on 7/11/2013The girls went out for a nbight of good wine and food and theu deliver. The wine list is great...Try a couple of variables before you choose if you like. We had several appetizers vs. dinner and the variety also good. Will go back for a main course meal meal very soon. The staff frendly and engaging.Special Features:
- House Red has an identity problemOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/12/2013All of House Red's communications say "wine experts or "wine bar," but the wine list wasn't large or impressive and the expertise was nowhere to be found. And all evening a mediocre guitarist with no vocal technique struggled with easy listening standards from the 40s to the 90s. Consistently annoying. Worse was his awkward visit to every table asking if we were enjoying the music. We'd have been honest but we were enjoying Mothers' Day and didn't want to make a scene. But the good news was how terrific the food was. Everything from the shortish menu was delicious and even inventive. They'd get us back if they'd recognize their strengths as a restaurant, expand the menu, focus their energy, and lose the awful music. Especially the music.
- Great experienceBrieJayDined on 5/12/2013I had a wonderful time at House Red for Mother's Day Brunch. All 4 of us were able to enjoy a delicious meal with just enough food and desert for an excellent price. I would love to bring my boyfriend here for some wine and cheese. The decor and ambience would be very romantic at night and during the day is very bright and beautiful. Definitely give this place a try--I will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RelaxingDiscriminateDinerVIPDined on 4/26/2013Small comfortable wine bar with good selection of reasonably priced wines. Food was good, but a bit overpriced. Drop the salads and appetizer prices by $2 and add a little more to the plate for sharing and it would seem like a real value and would probably be busier.
- This is one of my favoriteHannahwood1VIPDined on 4/19/2013This is one of my favorite Forest Park/Madison Ave locations! Small plate food, coupled with a unique selection of wine, with music on the weekends!Special Features:
- Excellent service. Wine adventure!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2013Outstanding service. I've been bragging about it. The rest of my party were very late so I was embarrassed to hold one of your tables for so long but the waitress was incredibly sweet and never made me feel bad about it. The owner made me feel very welcome too! All around excellent. I tried wines from tiny corners of the world I would have never considered, such as Serbia, which were some of my new favorites. The quality of the food was surprising! I came for a wine tasting and ended up eating.... a lot. Very good food. Adorable atmosphere. It was a little loud, on live music night but more than worth it!Special Features:
- We went for Valentines NightLauraDined on 2/14/2013We went for Valentines Night and went as a result of on online reviews. We don't eat meat, pork, but do eat fish. They offered a vegetarian price fixe option, which we opted for. That menu unfortunately did not meet our expectations . I would recommend this restaurant and wine bar for the appetizers and wine. Perhaps other diners enjoyed the standard price fixe but our vegetarian option was not worth the large price.Special Features:
- I really like this place.SlawDined on 1/4/2013I really like this place. The owner is usually there and sets up the wine for you. This place is very small but a good place to walk to for wine. You can eat here but it's mostly rabbit food (which is fine if you aren't particularly hungry.)Special Features:
- Yummy!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/2/2012My eggs Benedict was outstanding! Hubby loved the Monte Christo sandwich and younger members of our party loved the French toast. The sides were perfect and it was nice to have a choice of several items. Can't wait to come back!Special Features: