House of Lasagna
334 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
House of Lasagna
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.houseoflasagnanyc.com/
- Phone: 212-883-9555x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Jack O'Brien
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Delivery, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We can accommodate party of 15 to 35 people in our private dining room.
For more information please visit www.fagiolini.com.
- Private Party Facilities: We can accomodate from 15 to 40 people in our private upstairs dining room.
- Private Party Contact: Jack O'Brien 8776261913
A word from House of Lasagna
"...House of Lasagna's warm décor--amber walls and colorful framed poster art--provides a handsome showcase for some of Midtown's most value-packed trattoria dishes. The Lasagna Bolognese, for instance, is $12 and includes a small salad with first-rate bread. Travelers from nearby hotels and neighborhood residents have keep this place hummming..."Continued
--Trip Advisor 2013
--Trip Advisor 2013
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
House of Lasagna reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (12)great for lunch (7)romantic (3)fit for foodies (2)good for groups (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Cozy atmosphere/Good Food/ServiceDonnaDined on 9/16/2014House of Lasagna is a hidden gem. It was a relaxing atmosphere, the waiters were polite, the food was good and the food came out quickly and prices are very fair. I really enjoyed and had a pleasant experience.. I will definitely go back..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood localeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Excellent dining experience Saturday night. Great location wonderful food and very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicioso!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014Food was fantastic and the wait staff terrific. I heartily recommend this place.Special Features:
- Good food, average serviceGrizzzfanVIPDined on 8/21/2014This is the third or fourth time I have been to House of Lasagna. The Bologase was as usual excellent. Service was quite a bit slower this time, I'm not sure if they were short staffed or had other issues. The 20 minute lunch guarantee was not met, and it took forever to get our check. Worth going back for the food, and I hope the service gets back to its former level.Special Features:
- More than expectedFabfindDined on 8/5/2014We didn't have much expectations for the visit but were pleasantly surprised. Good was delicious and fresh. The staff was very attentive and friendly; what one would expect in a local restaurant. Wine and beers offerings were interesting also. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not "trendy", just wonderful!MeltingPotDined on 7/25/2014Not a trendy, young, hip, swingin', hot spot. Just an elegant quiet little restaurant with delicious pasta and excellent service. Bravo.Special Features:
- Great LasagnaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Second time I've been to House of Lasagna and it definitely will not be my last. Although not a wide variety on the menu, this is not disturbing, because what they offer is delicious and fresh. While eating great (very reasonably priced) lasagna, I caught up with a friend I hadn't seen in for several months. We spent over three hours at House of Lasagna and never once was pressured to hurry up and pay our bill. The wait staff are very forthcoming and professional. A very enjoyable experience at House of LasagnaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 94 reviews are from the House of Lasagna reviews archive.
- It is what it isCWrightVIPDined on 6/13/2014Expectations were low, and it was a decent value for what you got. But if your going to name your restaurant the House of Lasagna, then your Lasagna better be really good, and it was just ok.Special Features:
- Great lasagna!VeroniqueDined on 5/17/2014This small restaurant has the perfect name! Their specialty, their lasagna, was simply delicious! The service was fast, the food was great!Special Features:
- Very nice neighborhood spotsalandacDined on 3/28/2014Party of 6 all ate there for the first time this past Friday for a birthday dinner. The service was excellent and the food was great. We'll be back to this new neighborhood find.Special Features:
- average dinnerdoglover3422Dined on 3/20/2014The food is good to very good. The portions are small but the prices are very good. We had to ask for bread at the table which is unusual in an Italian restaurant. Overall, ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best lasagnaLovebug1970Dined on 2/28/2014Very romantic. My girlfriend & I loved the food. The wine was great. The service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no pretense, inexpensive great foodgemfinder101Dined on 2/5/2014Well this is a quirky little place. It's quite busy, but the service is very efficient. They move people in and out, but I never felt pressured to leave. The prices are strikingly reasonable...my Lasagna Bolognese was about $12 and I think my wine was $7. I would judge the food to very good, maybe even excellent in relation to the price. A small salad is included, which was unexpected but welcomed, and actually the perfect size. I noticed that regulars immediately asked to be seated upstairs because it is quieter so that is something I might ask for on my return. There were also Italian tourists on either side of my table, which I took to be a good sign! This is an unpretentious gem if you find yourself in the Grand Central area.Special Features:
- Good food at a reasonable pricephotogalVIPDined on 1/31/2014It is truly a neighborhood gem! Food is good and not expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's not just LasagnaEssieVIPDined on 1/23/2014We like to go here because it has a neighborhood feel always lots of regulars. There are $5.00 martinies. My husband had the chicken parm which he loved but the portion was so large, he took half home. Salad is included with the dinner. It could be improved upon. The lady sitting next to us was unhappy with the bread but we were satisfied. Service is timely but not necessarily friendly.Special Features:
- Good nieghborhood SpotneeneeVIPDined on 1/20/2014Food is good and decently priced. We prefer eating upstairs where there is more room and we can get a seat near the large window overlooking the street. However, this space is closed on Mondays. Service is okay but there are a few strange problems: one of our group requested a gin and tonic pre-dinner and was told the restaurant didn't stock tonic water(?). Good pasta dishes and many varieties of lasagna. We appreciate that the restaurant is quiet enough to hear each other which has become impossible in many places.
- Just OKLouisChicagoVIPDined on 1/17/2014Nothing special here. Lot's of ready-made baked pastas that get heated up with some fresh sauce applied. Menu is limited, wine list is limited, but the food was satisfactory. Good for a late night meal.Special Features:
- Great Little RetaurantDavidVIPDined on 12/24/2013I selected this location knowing I was heading into the city with my three young boys and wife. Being that they are under ten I had to find a location that was kid friendly yet not a chain. We seleced this location because of their name, my kids love Lasangna. Its a small non-assuming restaurant, the waiters were extremly friendly and very helpful. The food was fantastic and the kids loved the house lasangna. Price was very good as well. I would return to this little place!Special Features:
- Great! Would definitely go back :)MikeBrendaDined on 12/20/2013We really enjoyed our meal - excellent, attentive service, polite staff and very tasty food - the bruschetta was a little on the plain side but the mushrooms appetizer classic lasagna and eggplant parmesan were excellent. Check it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/14/2013Great edited menu, nice wine list. Very reasonably priced for wonderful food. The upstairs room has a nice street view as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ValueJohannaDined on 12/11/2013Went with a small group for lunch. Food was very good. Service was quick. Prices very reasonable.Special Features:
- Perfect for a larger groupJRNYCDined on 12/7/2013I had 14 people in the group on a December evening after seeing the Rockefeller Center tree. Found Fagiolini in a web search and decided to give it a shot based on the other reviews. It was perfect for the group with a big enough menu for folks to get a variety of items and to share some with others. The location is near Grand Central but has a neighborhood feel to it. We were given a nice table upstairs and pretty much had that level to ourselves for most of the time. Service was excellent and I would have no problem recommending this place to friends and family. We all enjoyed it very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fagiolini on 40thChrisCTVIPDined on 9/11/2013I frequent this place for lunch often - quick and competent service, delicious food and reasonable pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LUNCH DATEyankeeloverDined on 8/14/2013HAD A WONDERFUL LUNCH HERE. FOOD WAS GREAT, SERVICE WAS GOOD, MOST PEOPLE ONLY GET AN HOUR LUNCH AND WE WERE SAT, ORDERED AND ATE WITHIN ONE HOUR. MY ONLY ISSUE WAS THAT I WISH THE PORTIONS WERE JUST A LITTLE BIGGER BUT OTHERWISE, I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunchGrizzzfanVIPDined on 6/7/2013Wish the lasagna portions were a little bigger, but the taste is excellent, selectdion good and its a very fast in/out, reasonably priced lunch.
- Microwave Lasagna -- barelyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/20/2013Microwave Lasagna -- barely edible. But a good old-fashioned checkered table cloth space. So much potential. Too bad the food was so AWFUL.
- Express Lunch is a steal!HappyLeaderVIPDined on 5/17/2013Only went to Fagiolini because it was convenient. But lunch was amazing. In New York, near Grand Central, a very good lasagna for $8.50, a side salad for $2.00, and a good glass of Montepulciano for $7.50? And good, friendly service? Hard to beat. I'll be back.Special Features:
- DisappointedFitgirlDined on 5/10/2013The menu is very small. It's not that the food was bad, it just wasn't restaurant quality. I have made better pasta, lasagna and sauce in my own kitchen. I wouldn't go back or recommend it to any one.
- Very bad experience. PoorOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/24/2013Very bad experience. Poor service and very poor food quality. An absolute failure. We were ten people and all of them share this point of view.
- Cozy spot for drinks and dinnerDeeCee1409Dined on 3/11/2013Cozy spot for drinks and dinner conversation. "Steve", the maitre d', was gracious and attentive.Special Features:
- Just down the street fromOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/10/2013Just down the street from the hotel we were at is this small treasure of a restaurant. We tried three different lasagnas and each were delicious. Portions just the right size and reasonably priced. Perfect spot for nice family dinner.Special Features:
- They accommodated my groupOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/23/2013They accommodated my group of 20 the same day and provided excellent service! I highly recommend them!Special Features:
- Convenient, quiet but won't returnOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/22/2013Very quiet which was nice but the food was just okay at best. Eggplant Lasagna was very dry. Penne ala vodka was a little better... The menu was very different from what was online.
- Perfectly good Italian restaurantDallasDinesVIPDined on 2/20/2013Perfectly good Italian restaurant whose specialty is Lasagne! Very good comfort food without the fuss.Special Features:
- You Get What You Pay ForOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/18/2013The only highlight is that the food is very cheap. Nothing tasted very good nor was it anywhere near authentic Italian food.Special Features:
- I wanted to find an inexpensiveleahbnycVIPDined on 2/16/2013I wanted to find an inexpensive Italian restaurant near my parent's hotel at 47th and Lexington. This was perfect - the food was delicious, the service was great and it was packed on a Saturday night. Ordering a lasagna dish is a must!Special Features:
- had been quite a while sinceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/7/2013had been quite a while since I had been at Fagiolini. New menu and focus; no calimari or seafood option as in the past. With that the food remains quite good and service is good. Enjoyed dinner, no rush and will go back.Special Features:
- This is another neighborhoodPeng9608Dined on 1/5/2013This is another neighborhood gem. The food was delicious. We had the spaghetti and meatballs and the chicken cacciatore-both wonderful. A lovely evening!!
- Service was very good; foodRaySunshine1Dined on 1/5/2013Service was very good; food not as good as it has been in the past. Pasta and Lasagna was not as tasty as it had been in prior visits.Special Features:
- The food was good at thisOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2012The food was good at this midtown place but the service was a little slow. We kind of felt ignored and had to flag someone down just to get the check and pay.Special Features: