House of Japan - Dublin
6153 Parkcenter Circle
Dublin, OH 43017Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
House of Japan - Dublin
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.houseofjapanohio.com/menu.html
- Phone: (614) 792-2445
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Japanese
- Executive Chef: David
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
- Private Party Contact: Joyce or Jack 614-792-2445
- Entertainment: Watch our chefs perform tricks, flying shrimp tails, fire volcano, juggling eggs and much more... You have to come to experience it!!!! Bring the kids too... They would love it!!!
A word from House of Japan - Dublin
Japanese Hibachi Steakhouse, Seafood, and Sushi Restaurant where we cook and entertain you right in front of the Grill. Everyone gets a Front Row Seat!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
House of Japan - Dublin - Best Restaurants in Dublin ›
House of Japan - Dublin reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (57)special occasion (54)kid-friendly (44)great for lunch (35)fit for foodies (14)hot spot (8)romantic (8)great for brunch (7)neighborhood gem (6)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Always a pleasureGrizzlyDined on 11/15/2014The food is consistently good and filling. Was disappointed this last time since it was my wife's birthday and I noted that in my reservation, however that was over looked by the staff. This detail soured the trip as that was the sole purpose, a birthday dinner. We will still visit on occasion but not for special events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oldschoolrxguyDined on 11/14/2014We've dined at House of Japan before at the Polaris location. This location was just as good. Great food with a good presentation. Great spot to take a date!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wedineoutDined on 11/8/2014As always our experience was outstanding and the chefs are greatSpecial Features:
- Restaurant AmbienceSamuraiDined on 11/8/2014When one goes to these types of restaurants and expectation is set by the customer to have a level of Restaurant Ambience... With the restaurant sets in the heart of Buckeye country, all the restaurants hibachi cooks/chefs are dressed in the usual Buckeye attire. I get it, however there are certain expectations which are expected and a symbol of Japanese steakhouses to have all the hibachi cooks/chefs dress in the appropriate attire. So, with that said, the overall experience was diminished and the family felt let down as the chef skipped over a good part of the hibachi table chef opening entertainment as they have done in the past.Special Features:
- BatmanDined on 11/6/2014This was my first time here at the House of Japan. I was very impressed with the service, food, and the show laid out by are chef. The food was prepared right in front of us. Everything was fresh and cooked just right. I was eating things I don't normallly eat such as shrimp. But the grilled shrimp was awesome. along with the fresh grilled veggies. I would recommend this place to friends and family. As well as anyone looking for a great meal, good service, and a fun and awesome show. And I found it to be very reasonable priced for what I was served. I was given very large portions to which I just about had trouble finishing. If you've never been I say go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DAUGHTER'S 17 BIRTHDAYBIRTHDAYDINER1024Dined on 10/24/2014THE 8 OF US WENT AT MY DAUGHTER'S REQUEST TO HOUSE OF JAPAN. WE MADE RESERVATIONS AND WERE SEATED PROMPTLY, THE ATMOSPHERE WAS JOYOUS, ARE WAITER WAS GREAT, SO WAS ARE CHEF HE WAS A GOOD COOK AND TALENTED. THE FOOD WAS GOOD AND PLENTEOUS AND REASONABLY PRICED. OVER ALL WE HAD A VERY GOOD TIME. I THINK I LEFT MY JACKET THOUGH.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, as alwaysJamieDined on 10/19/2014Love coming to this restaurant and the chefs are always so nice and accommodating to the kids. Had a great time with the family celebrating my son's birthdaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodColumbusDiner18Dined on 10/14/2014Great atmosphere - gets very crowded, though, so I would recommend a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerdubdarkoDined on 10/8/2014My daughter turned 16 and we went there for her birthday. We always go there as the food is great. We also had a great chef (somethings they are okay, in our case he was really funny and definitely skilled... learned that the chefs practice their 'egg' trick learning w/ lemons). I ended up ordering the pineapple birthday cake w/ a sprinkler which was awesome. Overall a great experience and highly recommended.Special Features:
- Katiemay5517VIPDined on 10/7/2014Great food!! Love this place. The sushi and Mt. Fuji are my favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's the point of a reservationSmithyDined on 10/4/2014Our reservation was at 730pm. We got there at 715pm. We weren't seated until 820pm. When they finally seated us we were so crammed in it was uncomfortable.They put 3 people on the ends. ugh. Kept bumping elbows all night. Good was decent but not worth the aggravation and wait.
- FamilyFosterDined on 10/4/2014We have foster children and we like to them somewhere special once a month and they usually pick house of Japan !! Every time ....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing restaurantElmm00Dined on 10/2/2014Food is amazing and service is amazing what else can you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nanNannetteDined on 9/27/2014The restaurant was too hot. The guy cooking the food was not very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time!NafnwogemDined on 9/22/2014Have been to HOJ many times. This particular time was to celebrate one of my teams reaching a goal. Great food, great conversation and great chef. Glad we chose HOJ for our celebration.Special Features:
- foodcatilynDined on 9/20/2014usually love the food, but for some reason my shirp was burnt and my rice was crispy, also the scallops were still raw.... very sad with my last visit.Special Features:
- what a showNesleyDined on 9/19/2014Cheif's are always fun. Drinks are good. Always a good time. Crave it at least once a month.Special Features:
- Great Even if Dining AloneMsLuVIPDined on 9/15/2014Even if you don't have a dining mate you'll have a great time. The chefs are entertaining and the other guests are always engaging! You'll have an enjoyable experience and will forget you came alone!Special Features:
- Good overall, food as expectedkennybDined on 9/7/2014Same as usual. Food prepared quickly and tasted as expected. Friendly folks at the table with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and funOSUCarolynDined on 8/30/2014I really like House of Japan for special occasions. The filet and shrimp was delicious, as was the rest of the meal. They feed you so much we had to take some home with us. The chef was entertaining with his knife tricks. However, this place is very loud so don't plan on any intimate conversations while you are there.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We almost waited 45 minutes for our chef to start cooking. We got to the restaurant at 7:30 and didn't start eating till almost 8:30.Special Features:
- Usually Good..HJIIDined on 8/23/2014I visit this restaurant quite a bit.. but on this occasion it was by far the worst service i have had at any restaurant ever. and when I talked to the manager they basically said better luck next time. I had to wait 25 minutes for a single refill on a drink then asked for it by flagging down a server.. then had to wait another 10 and then finally got it. Never did get a second refill of lemonade. Previous to this occasion I have never had to wait for a drink let alone flag someone down to get one though. The worst part was that when I talked to the manager about it, she said next time drinks are on her.. but the drinks are free when you get the feast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HOUSE OF JAPAN DiningGothereHungryDined on 8/21/2014Each time I go to the House of Japan, it's a little different. The food is good (especially the salad). it's very entertaining to watch the chefs as they cook, tossing the spatula and knife. I think it must take a lot of practice and skill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014Daughters favorite restaurant, family went there to have last meal before she went off to boot camp. Everyone loved their food, we had a great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family around the tableChrisDined on 8/13/2014You know what to expect and you get just that. The fun is, of course, watching the chef fix your food. Always entertaining and kids just love the experience. At House of Japan, we always love the fried rice. Folks rave about the egg yolk sauce so I'll have to try that sometime. Food is basic but good....it's all about the preparation!Special Features:
- I liked it but....RitaDined on 8/4/2014I got very little portions compared to people around me, including my husband. The shrimp portion was a lot smaller than the person next to me who also had a shrimp and scallop meal. My veggies were half the size of the the small portion of shrimp as well. The salad was soaked in dressing to the point it was soggy. I had mentioned we were celebrating our wedding and not one congratulation or recognition. The sushi and soup were the best and only part I liked. Did I mention how long it took for refills and to clear the dishes, also did I mention how we were crowded around people who literally did not care if they were in your personal space or around their children when we went for a a special occasion as stated in the reservation.Special Features:
- The BestRoobsDined on 8/3/2014House of Japan is the best Japanese steak house there is!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite japan retaurantFlameDined on 8/2/2014We realy like to eat there. Porsions are big,tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinneranticipationDined on 7/30/2014The chef cooked everything in the same spot,I ordered vegetarian, bean sprouts were dark from the beef and chicken grud in the grill. The whole table refused them. I was very disappointed .
- special experiencetlaLewistownDined on 7/29/2014We only go there for special occasions, but the food is always good and the whole dining experience is special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 662 reviews are from the House of Japan - Dublin reviews archive.
- Just say nojaymuDined on 7/26/2014Our group of 5 was immediately herded to our table, where our order taker wanted our order as soon as we sat down, as soon as the menus were shoved into our hands. We were not even given an opportunity tp peruse the menu. Our food was immediately shoved at us, soup, salad, drinks all at once (and I do mean shoved). Our chef was so hurried that he hadn't the time to do his "schtick." Plum wine is no longer served with The Feast; soup bowls are smaller. We received our bill before our meal was completed. We were just about shoved out the door, and the entryway was so crowded we could hardly leave. I'd bet the number of persons permitted by law was exceeded. We were in and out in 50 minutes for a supposedly 5-course meal! Too bad :(Special Features:
- Always ExcellentTastyFoodDined on 7/10/2014Very good food cooked perfect every time. Our family of 4 has always been happy with their meal. Good size portions and cooked just how you like it. Favorite place to go for birthdays and holidays.Special Features:
- burntbarberDined on 7/6/2014I love eating here its our favorite place but our chef this time had a request and we felt he didnt concentrate as much on his entire table and the food and as such it was somewhat burned....it will not stop us from coming but we would never come and sit at this groups table again...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waitingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014I was disappointed that I had made my reservation 2 weeks in advance and still had to wait 35 minutes to be seatedSpecial Features:
- As expected.likestoeatDined on 6/27/2014Our chef was very entertaining and considerate when my 5-year-old thought that the "spatula drumming" was too loud. What else can one say? If you like hibachi-style food you will like it. I find it more appropriate for families with kids as they love the koi fish under the glass bridge (which needs replacing as it is so fogged you can no longer see see the fish) and the atmosphere is quite dull. The food is better than Genji, though, in my opinion.Special Features:
- Good for entertainmentScucbusVIPDined on 6/26/2014Fun place to go. Entertaining to see the chef cook in front of you. Food was good, but felt it was a little too salty. They put soy sauce on everything, even the lobster! Maybe next time we will ask for no soy sauce on the lobster.Special Features:
- Wonderful and great entertainmentLovePastaVIPDined on 6/15/2014Overall, a wonderful place to eat!! The food was amazing and the chef was a blast. Made for a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDeeDeeDined on 6/15/2014Did not havea chance to enjoy the soup or salad it was brought out way to fast and we were offered boxes for our dinner as we were sitting there eating. They rushed us so fast I will never go back to the restaraunt again. Very disappointed to say the least. The cooks are not as interactive as they use to be either. it was 131.00 for five of us and I would have rather went to Bob Evans after that experience.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationBlueStatDust614Dined on 6/14/2014Highly recommend going to this location! There were multiple birthdays including my own. Always be sure your party will be ON time so you can sit down together. They won't seat you until all of your party is present. Great server too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014Food was good but cooked with too much oil last night. Prices raised again and the portions have got smaller.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.