House of Japan - Dublin
6153 Parkcenter Circle
Dublin, OH 43017Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
House of Japan - Dublin
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.houseofjapanohio.com/menu.html
- Phone: 614-792-2445
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Japanese
- Executive Chef: David
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
- Private Party Contact: Joyce or Jack 614-792-2445
- Entertainment: Watch our chefs perform tricks, flying shrimp tails, fire volcano, juggling eggs and much more... You have to come to experience it!!!! Bring the kids too... They would love it!!!
A word from House of Japan - Dublin
Japanese Hibachi Steakhouse, Seafood, and Sushi Restaurant where we cook and entertain you right in front of the Grill. Everyone gets a Front Row Seat!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
House of Japan - Dublin - Best Restaurants in Dublin ›
House of Japan - Dublin reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (57)special occasion (54)kid-friendly (43)great for lunch (31)fit for foodies (17)neighborhood gem (8)great for brunch (7)hot spot (6)romantic (3)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Good overall, food as expectedkennybDined on 9/7/2014Same as usual. Food prepared quickly and tasted as expected. Friendly folks at the table with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and funOSUCarolynDined on 8/30/2014I really like House of Japan for special occasions. The filet and shrimp was delicious, as was the rest of the meal. They feed you so much we had to take some home with us. The chef was entertaining with his knife tricks. However, this place is very loud so don't plan on any intimate conversations while you are there.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We almost waited 45 minutes for our chef to start cooking. We got to the restaurant at 7:30 and didn't start eating till almost 8:30.Special Features:
- Usually Good..HJIIDined on 8/23/2014I visit this restaurant quite a bit.. but on this occasion it was by far the worst service i have had at any restaurant ever. and when I talked to the manager they basically said better luck next time. I had to wait 25 minutes for a single refill on a drink then asked for it by flagging down a server.. then had to wait another 10 and then finally got it. Never did get a second refill of lemonade. Previous to this occasion I have never had to wait for a drink let alone flag someone down to get one though. The worst part was that when I talked to the manager about it, she said next time drinks are on her.. but the drinks are free when you get the feast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HOUSE OF JAPAN DiningGothereHungryDined on 8/21/2014Each time I go to the House of Japan, it's a little different. The food is good (especially the salad). it's very entertaining to watch the chefs as they cook, tossing the spatula and knife. I think it must take a lot of practice and skill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014Daughters favorite restaurant, family went there to have last meal before she went off to boot camp. Everyone loved their food, we had a great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family around the tableChrisDined on 8/13/2014You know what to expect and you get just that. The fun is, of course, watching the chef fix your food. Always entertaining and kids just love the experience. At House of Japan, we always love the fried rice. Folks rave about the egg yolk sauce so I'll have to try that sometime. Food is basic but good....it's all about the preparation!Special Features:
- I liked it but....RitaDined on 8/4/2014I got very little portions compared to people around me, including my husband. The shrimp portion was a lot smaller than the person next to me who also had a shrimp and scallop meal. My veggies were half the size of the the small portion of shrimp as well. The salad was soaked in dressing to the point it was soggy. I had mentioned we were celebrating our wedding and not one congratulation or recognition. The sushi and soup were the best and only part I liked. Did I mention how long it took for refills and to clear the dishes, also did I mention how we were crowded around people who literally did not care if they were in your personal space or around their children when we went for a a special occasion as stated in the reservation.Special Features:
- The BestRoobsDined on 8/3/2014House of Japan is the best Japanese steak house there is!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite japan retaurantFlameDined on 8/2/2014We realy like to eat there. Porsions are big,tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinneranticipationDined on 7/30/2014The chef cooked everything in the same spot,I ordered vegetarian, bean sprouts were dark from the beef and chicken grud in the grill. The whole table refused them. I was very disappointed .
- special experiencetlaLewistownDined on 7/29/2014We only go there for special occasions, but the food is always good and the whole dining experience is special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just say nojaymuDined on 7/26/2014Our group of 5 was immediately herded to our table, where our order taker wanted our order as soon as we sat down, as soon as the menus were shoved into our hands. We were not even given an opportunity tp peruse the menu. Our food was immediately shoved at us, soup, salad, drinks all at once (and I do mean shoved). Our chef was so hurried that he hadn't the time to do his "schtick." Plum wine is no longer served with The Feast; soup bowls are smaller. We received our bill before our meal was completed. We were just about shoved out the door, and the entryway was so crowded we could hardly leave. I'd bet the number of persons permitted by law was exceeded. We were in and out in 50 minutes for a supposedly 5-course meal! Too bad :(Special Features:
- Always ExcellentTastyFoodDined on 7/10/2014Very good food cooked perfect every time. Our family of 4 has always been happy with their meal. Good size portions and cooked just how you like it. Favorite place to go for birthdays and holidays.Special Features:
- burntbarberDined on 7/6/2014I love eating here its our favorite place but our chef this time had a request and we felt he didnt concentrate as much on his entire table and the food and as such it was somewhat burned....it will not stop us from coming but we would never come and sit at this groups table again...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waitingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014I was disappointed that I had made my reservation 2 weeks in advance and still had to wait 35 minutes to be seatedSpecial Features:
- As expected.likestoeatDined on 6/27/2014Our chef was very entertaining and considerate when my 5-year-old thought that the "spatula drumming" was too loud. What else can one say? If you like hibachi-style food you will like it. I find it more appropriate for families with kids as they love the koi fish under the glass bridge (which needs replacing as it is so fogged you can no longer see see the fish) and the atmosphere is quite dull. The food is better than Genji, though, in my opinion.Special Features:
- Good for entertainmentScucbusVIPDined on 6/26/2014Fun place to go. Entertaining to see the chef cook in front of you. Food was good, but felt it was a little too salty. They put soy sauce on everything, even the lobster! Maybe next time we will ask for no soy sauce on the lobster.Special Features:
- Wonderful and great entertainmentLovePastaVIPDined on 6/15/2014Overall, a wonderful place to eat!! The food was amazing and the chef was a blast. Made for a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDeeDeeDined on 6/15/2014Did not havea chance to enjoy the soup or salad it was brought out way to fast and we were offered boxes for our dinner as we were sitting there eating. They rushed us so fast I will never go back to the restaraunt again. Very disappointed to say the least. The cooks are not as interactive as they use to be either. it was 131.00 for five of us and I would have rather went to Bob Evans after that experience.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationBlueStatDust614Dined on 6/14/2014Highly recommend going to this location! There were multiple birthdays including my own. Always be sure your party will be ON time so you can sit down together. They won't seat you until all of your party is present. Great server too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014Food was good but cooked with too much oil last night. Prices raised again and the portions have got smaller.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lmadden74Dined on 5/25/2014Chose House of Japan to celebrate a high school graduation. We were seated immediately at our reserved time. The waiter was very patient when we asked questions about the menu. The chef at the table was great!! Very talented and entertaining. Great sense of humor. Although the meals are bit pricy, you do get a lot of quality food for the money. Nearly everyone ended up with a take-home box. Very tasty. Would highly recommend The House of Japan, especially for celebrations.Special Features:
- Had better food at Benihana...CatieDined on 5/20/2014Went there for dinner - mostly families with kids. Fried rice was nothing special... Quantity was there, but I guess I was expecting better than Benihana In terms of qualitySpecial Features:
- The following 650 reviews are from the House of Japan - Dublin reviews archive.
- Always pleased!Jogatsby10Dined on 5/18/2014Have never been let down by this restaurant! And, lunch is half the cost and still a ton of fun.Special Features:
- OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014This was my first time eating at House of Japan and it was an "okay" experience. The food was pretty good. Our chef was great with his entertainment and paid attention to the little ones in the group which was nice. We have a Japanese restaurant in southern Ohio and I actually like it better. They offer more vegetables and also noodles which are very good. I did not care for the sprouts that were added to our meals. My husband and son both love sushi and I think this restaurant seemed to have a large selection and they said it was very good. I guess I would recommend this place if someone is looking for this type of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dublin House of Japan 051214BlockheadsDiningDined on 5/11/2014Great everything for what it is supposed or be. We did not get the sherbet at the end unfortunately for our 4 kids but the experience and food is always great. First time using the OpenTable app and I love it! I plan to use it every time I possibly can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Seating occurred on time with our reservation. Foodwas cooked as requested and was excellent?Special Features:
- House of Japan - Dublin2StevensDined on 5/11/2014Took my wife and son to House of Japan in Dublin for Mother's Day. The food was outstanding, and the service was great. Try it, you'll like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Always GreatBigDDined on 5/11/2014We frequent House of Japan often. The Food and Service is always great! We made a 2:00 reservation and did not get seated until 2:30. We were a little upset by this but the friendly and entertaining chef we had soon made s forget. We will go back but would like to see them stick to the reservation times a little better!Special Features:
- Best Japanese Grill Ever!!!luv2oodineDined on 5/10/2014We have been coming here for years. Tried several other Japanese steakhouses, but have not found any that can compare to the quality of food, entertainment and service. We will drive past every other steakhouse just to eat here. You will NEVER be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for group celebrationCAKSDined on 5/10/2014We went for my daughter's birthday with family. She loved the attention the chef gave her as he prepared our food and how he entertained everyone with his onion volcano, etc. The food was also good although it is very salty. That is my major complaint about House of Japan. I need to drink three glasses of water when I am finished the meal or I wake up that night because I am thirsty. Overall though I think it is a great place for a group celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time experienceFoodie614Dined on 5/5/2014This was my first experience at House of Japan and I truly enjoyed myself. The food was great, the chef was a pleasure to have and the atmosphere was nice. Even though service was a little slow, I would definitely recommend it others. House of Japan is in my top 3 list of hibachi steakhouses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- McKaylaMcKaylaDined on 4/26/2014Chef Jon was great. Food was excellent. Service from Daria was above average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!Out2EatDined on 4/20/2014We eat here a lot. This is our favorite restaurant by far. The chefs prepare your food at the table and create a fun environment. They are always friendly and have excellent service. And the food, very high-quality, prepared perfect every time, and you get large portions. We went on Easter with our children this time and their interaction with the kids made for a great time for everyone at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yum!LuckyStarsDined on 4/16/2014Very entertaining for kid too! We have dined her quite a few times....very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!WillybeansmomDined on 4/14/2014I love a good Japanese restaurant and this place fits the bill. It is definitely pricey but no different than any other Japanese steakhouse. I used to only go to Shi Chi but this is now my new spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice experiencepaulDined on 4/12/2014it was our first anniversary and we had a great time. the food was very good and it was fun and entertaining watching the food being grilled.Special Features:
- Best Hibachi in ColumbusOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/12/2014Well I suppose it is unfair to say the best seeing as I've not been to all of them but I'm not sure you can get better for the price. This place provides the text-book Japanese Steakhouse experience so you can rely on it to deliver if that happens to be what you're craving. Food is always very high quality and they continually implement new elements into the show.Special Features:
- nut allergy friendlytac14Dined on 4/10/2014My son has a nut allergy and this place is safe and fun for him to eat at. The food and service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.