House of Japan - Polaris
8701 Sancus Blvd
Columbus, OH 43240Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
House of Japan - Polaris
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.houseofjapanohio.com/
- Phone: 614-781-1776
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Japanese
- Executive Chef: T.R.
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Anne, Julie, or Wen 614-781-1776
- Entertainment: Watch our chefs perform tricks, flying shrimp tails, fire volcano, juggling eggs and much more... You have to come to experience it!!!! Bring the kids too... They would love it!!!
A word from House of Japan - Polaris
Japanese Hibachi Steakhouse, Seafood, and Sushi Restaurant where we cook and entertain you right in front of the Grill. Everyone gets a Front Row Seat!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
House of Japan - Polaris - Best Restaurants in Polaris ›
House of Japan - Polaris reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (34)special occasion (31)kid-friendly (20)fit for foodies (12)great for lunch (12)neighborhood gem (7)great for brunch (6)hot spot (4)romantic (3)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Good Food... ButOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014Good food, but don't like the fact that you have to pay extra for fried rice and noodles! At Benihana's all is included! Might as well go there, seems like the price will equal out after paying for the fried rice and noodles!Special Features:
- Cook WAS HorribleOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/3/2014I've been to this restaurant a ton of times, but this time the food was horrible. My lobster was raw, and when I asked for him to cook it more he burned it. Then my filet was overcooked. The rice was not fully cpoked either. The experience wasnt good at all. To make matters worse, we were celebrating my son's birthday.
- wonderfulauntkayeDined on 10/1/2014Seated immediatly,waited on immediatly,we had courses,so everything came out,nice and slow,able to enjoy everything.As always,the scallops r my favorite,and the egg sauce YUMSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- don't bother making a reservationAlipriceDined on 9/20/2014I made a reservation for 7:00 pm for 8 people for my daughter's 16th birthday. We were seated at 7:30 pm. I think that's how long of a wait they were telling people who walked in. Our chef was very dull and definitely not Asian. We felt rushed. The food was pretty good thought.Special Features:
- Awful service.hatehouseofjapanDined on 9/20/2014Reserved a table for 7pm. Arrived at 6:45pm and was told we had a 45 min wait. Wtf is the point in reserving? Good food, awful awful service.
- AmazingmKry19471Dined on 9/14/2014My family and I have always went to House of Japan (Polaris). We absolutely love it and recommend it to others. The food is outstanding, the service is great, and it's an overall amazing place! I will continue to come here and continue to recommend others to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Times with a High PriceEJonesVIPDined on 9/12/2014The dining experience was great from a service and hibachi style cooking perspective however it is a bit pricey and pretty loud which can be annoying if you are in a small group or a couple.Special Features:
- Always deliciousLuvgoodfood55Dined on 9/7/2014We went to eat here as a family dinner night out. We have eaten here before and they didn't disappoint us. The chefs are very personable and friendly but also very skilled in their preparation of our hibachi dinners. My son ordered 2 California rolls for his dinner and he enjoyed them. My husband and I ordered the hibachi scallops with egg yolk sauce, sooooo good. My daughter ordered the hibachi filet mignon and had no complaints. The waitress Taylor was very attentive refilling drinks as needed. My serving was large and I had enough after I was full to take home for lunch the next day. This is our favorite hibachi restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yervalierOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2014Great food and service. We love to celebrate birthdays here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014My only negative is there was no "Yum-Yum" sauce or something similar.Special Features:
- Love itkimmypearsonDined on 8/9/2014Took my girls for a back to school dinner. It was a great experience and food was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Meal had by AllBuddyBradDined on 8/5/2014Myself and co-workers have been here a number of times and are never disappointed. The show is "the show" after awhile, but the food is so fresh and tasty that we mainly come for that. It's a fun dinner to partake in with a bunch of folks.Special Features:
- Nice timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014It was the first time eating at your establishment. We enjoyed ourselves and when in the neighborhood, would eat there again. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the best!luvHOJDined on 8/2/2014I have been coming here for years! I even have my brother and his family hooked and they live in Youngstown!!! Wonderful and energetic atmosphere and great food! Best place I know of!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I really want to love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014I've been to this location at least fifteen times, and keep coming back for the great food and friendly service. I have been to many Japanese steakhouses and love your food the best! However, the chefs are not very engaging or entertaining. They don't seem well trained or even interested sometimes. It ruins the experience for the price you pay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUNDAY LUNCHlunch28Dined on 7/27/2014Everything was excellent-my only complaint was the length it took to get a seat-my reservation was at 1:00,but I did not get seated until shortly before 2:00.Special Features:
- DisappointedScottDined on 7/13/2014Ever since I was a kid I always have enjoys Japanese Steak House but this time was disappointing and very boring to say the least. The food was alright but everything else seemed slow. Very disappointed...
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014A little noisy at times but fun atmosphere. We come here at every birthday year after year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!jmw826Dined on 6/29/2014We absolutely LOVE this place! Every time we go to Columbus we ALWAYS have to stop here. Our 4-year-old loves coming too because he has so much fun watching the chefs do their "tricks" and everyone is always so helpful and friendly! They even give a little extra and sometimes let you try other food they're cooking. It is definitely worth the price and we have always had a great time going whether it's been with our son, with friends and family, or just me and my husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 445 reviews are from the House of Japan - Polaris reviews archive.
- MikeVIPDined on 6/19/2014Good food! Felt rushed to sit down this time!0, as they like to fill up the tables! Great food, but keep in mind that it is very child friendly. If you have little children, don't hesitate to take them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!FoodReviewDined on 6/15/2014The House of Japan chefs are not only wonderful cooks, but also great entertainers. It is a dining experience like no other. You know your food is fresh and you see all the ingredients that go into it. Love House of Japan!Special Features:
- amazing!fatandhappyDined on 6/7/2014Although I cannot remember our chefs name (I'm terrible at remembering names, and the sake didn't help ;)) but he was the most enjoyable, enthusiastic, hilarious, and quite possibly the best one I've ever seen at a Japanese steakhouse! And the food and apple sake was simply amazing. I will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigmackOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014The chef was fantastic for adults and the show was very entertaining he was good with the kids also it was a good experience . Thank You !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not FujiyamaLeslieDined on 5/24/2014We tried House of Japan for my sons birthday. He usually chooses Fujiyama. We were very disappointed in the good. We will be back to Fujiyama next year!
- Mind blowingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014I took my daughter here for the first time. She was just blown away from the cooking "show" the amount of portions and the fabulous taste!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loves2EatDined on 5/11/2014Went on Mothers Day. Very busy place but still had very good service and the food was great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Made reservations for six. At six thirty went up to desk and was told we would be sitted shortly. Once we were finally sitted the rest of the evening was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horrible organization and seatingtamarillalynnDined on 5/11/2014As usual, the food is still really good here. However, I don't think I will be back for two reasons. One, even though we made reservations we still had to wait for a half hour to be seated. Then when we finally got seated they crammed 11 people around a table that was only comfortable for 8. There was no room for plates, and certainly not enough room to enjoy our meal. It's ridiculous that they squeeze an extra three people to a table just so that they can shove more people into the restaurant. I will not be back.Special Features:
- Love ItOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/11/2014House of Japan never disappoints. They always have consistent service and food. I will always come back.Special Features:
- CrowdedEatoutDined on 5/11/2014Went to this restaurant on Mother's Day. Very crowded but we had reservations and were seated on time. However, the tables are made for 8 and 11 were seated (including 3 children). This made for very cramped dining. The food was very good and the service fine.Special Features:
- Morther's Day BustBustDined on 5/11/2014If we pick and Japanize place to eat it is only at "House of Japan"! BUT Mother's Day was the worst I have ever had. We were seated with a total of 11 people at an 8 person table. The cook was going so fast he said nothing to my children. The food was NOT good. The rice was still hard, to the point that my 5 year old noticed. I understand it is a Holiday and they have the right to service dinner price's anytime they want BUT come one. Just because they knew they would be busy at lunch time they toss a hand written note on the front door that say's "dinner prices" all. day. I was really disappointed. I hear that Shi Chi is good across town. I know next time I will be checking it out for my self.Special Features:
- Fun for groupDanODined on 5/11/2014A group of eight of us had brunch here for Mother's Day, treating mom and grandma. The chef was entertaining to watch and interact with, and he was careful to make each meal according to each person's preferences. Very enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food with great entertainmentskipsreviewDined on 5/10/2014The food, service, and the chef that prepared the meal were all great. It was entertaining being that close to all the action while things were being prepared.Special Features:
- Great time!ThreadOneDined on 5/10/2014I took my mother and my 6yr old daughter here for Mother's day and both of them had a blast. Food was good and our chef was fun as well.Special Features:
- kcoffee95Dined on 5/3/2014My son and his friends came to your restaraunt for dinner before prom. When they got home all they could talk about was their experience at your place. They really enjoyed it and loved the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fun family dining experiencePennyFDined on 5/3/2014Food is always excellent. A nice atmosphere for all age levels. A little on the expensive side but you get a ton of excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need more than an apologyFrustratedDined on 4/26/2014Good time, good food and never get bored watching the chefs entertain at this restaurant. We were informed of a billing error nearing $800 only to find, when we saw the receipt, it was nearly $1600. The waitress apologize and explained how it occurred but the real shock came when the manager responded "it is only a transaction". Seriously? In a restaurant of working class adults and many other teenage prom goers, i'm not sure how many of us can afford an error of this magnitude only to learn it would be fixed in 3-5 business days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious ..WillbebackDined on 4/26/2014The expirence was wonderful! Staff was nice, and chef was amazing and very entertaining. Highy recommend to check it out!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ChoiceKCandthebandDined on 4/11/2014Had family in from out of town, we were seated promptly, our meal was perfect. Enjoyed good conversation and loved the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old and tiredOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/2/2014Food was only seasoned with way too much soy sauce and was otherwise flavorless. For the price, it was definitely not worth it. We have been going here for over 10 years, but have not been here for a while and I remember why, just not worth it. I sent an email to them via their website several days ago nicely explaining our experience as not as good as it was in years past, but have not heard back.