8114 Beverly Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90048Neighborhood:
Beverly / Fairfax / La Brea / Third St.
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://housecafe.com/
- Phone: 323-655-5553
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 8:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Ricardo Moreno
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact Kushaiah at 310.434.2467.
A word from House Cafe
We wish to provide our guests with the finest food ingredients that are possible, letting these products dictate our creativity, finding the best wines available from any country, in a warm environment of true hospitality.Continued
Welcome to our home, house cafe
Welcome to our home, house cafe
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
House Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
- mmmmbiscuittVIPDined on 7/14/2013the food never fails. i had the artichoke and sea bass. both great! the waitress was awesome! so energetic and happy :)Special Features:
- Nice PlacebcohenVIPDined on 5/12/2013Wife and the family went here for Mother's Day. Nice menu...good options. Some of the menu items were a little overpriced - especially for the type of restaurant it is ($30 for a steak, etc). Don't think $4 for a diet coke (no refills) was reasonable. Quality of food was good. Breakfast/Brunch looked better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2013Always a solid menu and I'm consistently pleased with the food. Recommend.Special Features:
- The food was better than expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2013The food was better than expected and the menu was nice. We were sorry they were out of pork chops that night because one of our party wanted them but the swordfish substitute was excellent. Our server was VERY energetic and tad overly enthusiastic but very nice.Special Features:
- Consistently wonderful onOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/5/2013Consistently wonderful on all fronts. Staff is greatSpecial Features:
- Nice service. Food was nothingexexdir1VIPDined on 3/3/2013Nice service. Food was nothing memorable. Will give it a second chance.Special Features:
- Great Beers, they let youOKexperienceVIPDined on 3/2/2013Great Beers, they let you try some out first if you like. Food is consistently good.Special Features:
- Chef Ricky always come outOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/21/2013Chef Ricky always come out of the kitchen and greets us. We have developed a nice relationship with him and he explains new things on the menu and how it is prepared. This is always a nice touch...Special Features:
- I've lived in LA for 26 years,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2013I've lived in LA for 26 years, and House is truly one of my favorite restaurants. The decor is simple, elegant, homey and comfortable, and best of all -- it is quiet enough that you can actually talk to the person you're having dinner with! The food is excellent -- I usually have the grilled wild salmon, but have also had the tostada and the chicken pot pie, the only mild disappointment so far was the tangine. I love the way they prepare their dishes -- clean, savory and not sauced up or overcomplicated. House is a gem and well worth the visit.Special Features:
- Really delicious food andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Really delicious food and many great options to choose from!Special Features:
- This was a perfect neighborhoodOKexperienceVIPDined on 2/14/2013This was a perfect neighborhood spot. Great food, nice service. Interesting menu and specials.Special Features:
- Fantastic chef and wonderful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2013The food at House is just delicious. We love how the chef changes the menu based on what he sources locally each week. The steak tartar is the best we've ever had, including any french restaurant around the world. The chef allows substitutions (like rigatoni vs. bucatini)for the fabulous lamb ragout dish. Loved the young lady that waited on us even though there were issues with the wine list. Some are unavailable and the selection is a bit lacking. We were not impressed by the other male server that took our dinner order however nor the fact that the chairs have slats that poke your clothing and legs. All in all tho, would definitely recommend as it is one of our neighborhood favorites. Suggestion: happy hour is way too short. 5-6p? C'mon!Special Features:
- I was incredibly disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/2/2013I was incredibly disappointed with the inflated cost of the menu. The prices were the same as Sur, another place I enjoy, and there is absolutely zero comparison. The pasta dishes were over $15 - closer to $20 - and the side salads were over $10! Considering the place was only 1/2 full on a Saturday at 8:30, I would seriously suggest rethinking the prices if this place wants locals to come back again.
- Love this place! Food is great.AnArdentFanVIPDined on 1/29/2013Love this place! Food is great. Service is attentive and unpretentious. A wonderful place to visit with friends or by yourself.Special Features:
- We had eaten there once beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/12/2013We had eaten there once before and enjoyed it. But this most recent evening was a disappointment. I felt they didn't entirely honor the reservation: our party of three was given a choice between sitting on high tables by the bar that would be fine for a drink but way too small and uncomfortable for dinner; or outside, on the coldest night L.A. has experienced in decades. We opted for outside, and they heaters helped, but it was still a bit chilly. And in terms of service, we seemed to be out of sight and out of mind. I finally had to go inside to find someone to take my credit card when we were ready to leave. The onion soup was fine, but the calamari was completely forgettable. I may give the place another chance. Or not.
- A regular stop for us, weOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/30/2012A regular stop for us, we bring guests, it is an excellent, fairly priced spot, great service, wonderful food.Special Features:
- Unfortunately, this restaurantJasonVIPDined on 12/30/2012Unfortunately, this restaurant has steadily gone downhill over the past few months. Service has become terrible and food mediocre
- House is a nice Hot Spot..Maxx1021VIPDined on 12/1/2012Great Food, mushroom soup was amazing. This is small restaurant and very charming. The staff is inviting and very friendly. Highly recommend this little gem of a restaurant that is House.Special Features:
- Great menu with wide selectionluveditVIPDined on 11/17/2012Great menu with wide selection of very fresh tasty foodSpecial Features:
- Nice meal and service butRiveraVIPDined on 10/19/2012Nice meal and service but $12 for a glass of wine while my entree was $18 is a bit much for this place
- We love this restaurant becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/17/2012We love this restaurant because the food is simple and comforting whatever you order The spinach lasagna is over the top, the calamari is fresh and full of flavor. But most importantly the chef Mr. Moreno is always available to ask for suggestions. it's also quiet as compared to the other noisy venues in the area. you can have a conversation without shouting or reading lips! Try the tamales too...Special Features:
- House Café deserves a visit.ChrisVIPDined on 9/15/2012House Café deserves a visit. The food is interesting, i.e. crosses over multiple cuisines, therefore you’ll find something for everyone. The wine selection is rather large and mostly affordable. The service is attentive and the noise level is comfortable. So, overall, a pleasant experience.
- Maybe we were expecting toojkeatsVIPDined on 9/7/2012Maybe we were expecting too much as this restaurant had been listed as a "neighborhood gem." The staff were pleasant enough, but not very attentive and the second course was very slow in coming. For what we ordered -- a salad and a main course -- which we split, plus beverages, it was expensive. The food was okay, but nothing to rave about.
- Our server Lisa was terrific,OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/28/2012Our server Lisa was terrific, she did not push us to order quickly. She did stop buy the table to keep the wine glass full and answer any question. BobbiSpecial Features:
- We had a great experience.luveditVIPDined on 8/16/2012We had a great experience. The service was excellent and the food was even better. The chef Ricky Moreno is also a chef at Capo. Great American Bistro fare with some Mexican specialties. Their Sunday night Mexican Dinner is a taste treat as well. It was obvious tha everything was prepared using only the freshest ingredients. The four of us shared many items including the Sweet Corn Ravioli with shaved winter truffles. Soft Shell crab that was crispy and also moist and Pork Belly with pickled red cabbage that was more like porquetta. Can't wait to go back and try more of the daily specials as well as other items from the menu.Special Features:
- THis is my new favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/26/2012THis is my new favorite restaurant in Los Angeles! Everything on the menu is incredible! I love the staff, including the chef who pops out of the kitchen whenever he can to say hi to the customers. They have a great wine list too. Great atmosphere as well.Special Features:
- This is one of our favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/17/2012This is one of our favorite neighborhood restaurants.Special Features:
- From the huge range of cuisinesOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/6/2012From the huge range of cuisines and dishes on the menu and the lack of virtually any flavor in anything, it is my feeling that most if not all of the food has been prepared ahead of time in a commissary kitchen and reheated on the premises when ordered. One of the worst meals I have had in a very, very long time.
- Olive oil french fries areOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/28/2012Olive oil french fries are the best . . . anywhere.Special Features:
- We enjoyed Mother's Day dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/13/2012We enjoyed Mother's Day dinner at House Cafe! Each item we ordered was presented beautifully and was delicious. The service was attentive and personable but not overbearing. And the Banana Split dessert was divine! We will be certain to return!Special Features:
- the Chef is the waiter andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/1/2012the Chef is the waiter and suggested some great specialties to us. We loved the food and the service. will go back and take friendsSpecial Features:
- What a delightful find. IOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/17/2012What a delightful find. I had no expectations, It was close and the menu looked good. Wow, was I thrilled. I took 5 friends and we ooh and ahhed Tasting each others entrees. I have a new best place.Special Features:
- Portions seemingly small butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/14/2012Portions seemingly small but very well prepared, I left a bit hungry.Special Features:
- When in Los Angeles, it isOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/12/2012When in Los Angeles, it is the place I go to dine. Great for lunch and dinner.Special Features:
- Review from Neighborhood FoodieOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 4/9/2012Delicious pasta entree course; perfectly described in menu too. Coconut cream pie was good but not exactly to my particular taste expectations, but perhaps my memory of coconut cream pie off base.Special Features:
- House Cafe has it all!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/7/2012We loved the food! Our server was amazing! He gave us brilliant suggestions and everything he suggested was more delicious than we had expected! What was so incredible was that the food reminded us of a great perfume. It was layered in beats. Each mouthful complimented and augmented the previous one. We ordered a variety of dishes and shared. Everyone loved every dish and wanted more!Special Features:
- i'm still chewing the hangerScjimVIPDined on 4/2/2012i'm still chewing the hanger steak which was served with a dry potato cake and some chopped arugula, rather boring. Tacos were an odd addtion to a bistro inprised menu and were very ordinary. soup was good, as was a lasagne.
- We have been going to HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/21/2012We have been going to House for about 2 years and about 6-8 months ago their portion sizes had decreased while their prices went up. They have turned the corner and increased their portion size. Their menu selection has changed with great new dishes. Chef Ricky is do a great job. They do need a hard liquor lic.Special Features:
- I want more!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/20/2012It just keeps getting better and better. Go for the coconut cream pie for dessert - AMAZING!Special Features:
- Not memorable; much betterItalianFoodLoverVIPDined on 3/18/2012Not memorable; much better food options and atmosphere at several other close by restaurants. Tried dinner once; service was ok, food was decent but none of us were impressed. Went there for brunch a few weeks later; it was cold, lacked energy, food was served luke warm, zero atmosphere. Will not be returning.