House 34 Dallas Restaurant & Bar
3403 McKinney Ave.
Dallas, TX 75204Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
House 34 Dallas Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.house34dallas.com/
- Phone: 2147749034
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:00 am - 11:00 am
Brunch: Saturday: 7:00 am - 4:00 pm
Sunday: 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00 pm - 10:30 pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Andres Bautista
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Michelle Avila 2146132344
A word from House 34 Dallas Restaurant & Bar
House 34 on McKinney Ave...American food with a twist!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
House 34 Dallas Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- Most awkward restaurant experienceJEJ3Dined on 2/14/2014I don't write reviews. The filet was top notch, but we'll never return to this place. We had a reservation for Valentine's Day at 6:30, and sat on the patio. When we got there, there was one other couple on the patio (and about 20 other open tables). Sure enough, the manager sat us right next to the other couple. When I asked if we could have any other table, he said all those tables were booked and people were stuck in traffic. I pleaded with him, but he said no. Many of those tables sat empty. The waitstaff was friendly, but didn't know much about service. The flatbread and shrimp cocktail were meh at best (the waitress didn't care when we told her about the flatbread). The bathrooms were shoddy, and the inside appeared unfinished.
- The food was amazing and theDocdineVIPDined on 1/3/2014The food was amazing and the service was great. Look forward to going there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingmichmatDined on 12/31/2013Good: Steaks cooked perfectly & collectively the staff was very attentive. Bad: Lukewarm "flatbread." Cheesecake (served plain on the plate) & chocolate torte tasted like boxed from frozen food aisle--no "presentation" for the food/beverages. 15 min for water. Napkins/utensils arrived after appetizer. OVERPRICED. The ugly: The mgr. Booked NYE b/c the website did not indicate a fixed-price menu. However, he was quick to correct me and that it "was on the website--not sure why so many people didn't know about it." I showed him the site and he replied, "That's not the correct website--I created a different one on Yelp." Said he'd only been there 2 wks and "food & cocktail menus for the night weren't a priority. Full menu may be better?
- Worse Dinner EverEnergizerbunnyDined on 12/31/2013I will start by giving props to the owner and, who I assume is his daughter, who tried to make things right, but overall, they are over their heads in the restaurant business. The manager, Sergio, is rude and confrontational and blatantly lied to our faces. He has no business running a restaurant or being in front of customers. We were served half eaten food from another table. The drinks were slow to come out. One menu item is even titled Airline Chicken. Unfortunately, the chicken on an airline is better prepared than we what received at dinner. I was horrible embarrassed as I set up this dinner for 9 of my friends and not one person walked away with a pleasant experience or meal.
- Just a few diners at 7 andDinnerVIPDined on 12/28/2013Just a few diners at 7 and the service was as if the place were full. Too many other places in Uptown that provide great service will keep me from going back.
- The party was on...5partygirlsDined on 12/17/2013We had a great time at House 34. The bar tender was awesome, the chef was amazing and the owner is the best!! We will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still working out the kinksrencpharmdVIPDined on 9/6/2013Surprising empty for a Friday night. The staff was very persistent in encouraging us to sit outdoors on the large expansive patio, however, A/C was chosen to humidity. The waiter recommended the beef roll appetizer and grilled pear salad, which were delicious. We split the scallops, which were overcooked. The grits were replaced with risotto, which was just okay. Tiramisu is fool-proof, especially if pre-made (I think). The menu is quite a hodgepodge and it feels as if House 34 is trying to figure out whether to go the fine dining route or the casual dining route. The manager and chefs came out to say hi, which was a nice touch. I would go back when the weather is nicer to enjoy their patio and to try a couple of their other entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & live music make it greatmlbdallasDined on 8/31/2013Their House 34 salad is awesome....something that I crave. It is a crab and avocado salad ...truly delectable. Seabass over mushroom risotto was outstanding. Love the live music on weekends. The staff is lovely. Very pleasant and accommodating. Wanted a red wine and they suggested a new blend that was great. Sorry that I forget the name of it. Just moved into uptown and definitely will frequent this restaurant often. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs Some WorkKevinDined on 8/3/2013For a new place in Uptown Dallas, I was not impressed with the level of service or the food quality. Food was slightly over-cooked and the service was slow. While the server was good to take care of us, there were not nearly enough servers working to accommodate for the night crowd the restaurant had that evening. The view and atmosphere were great, but it needs some work.Special Features:
- Worst service everFoody2208VIPDined on 8/3/2013Food arrived one hour after order. Instead of chicken with potatoes, I got shrimp with spaghetti. I said I har ordered chicken. The same spaghetti smelling like shrimp came back with a tiny piece of chicken on top. I had expected a half grilled chicken with gold potatoes..... Band playing outside was extremely loud. Impossible to have a conversation. We moved inside to a table facing the wall.... I left a $.10 tip. This restaurant is totally disorganized and their drinks are expensive. The outside bartender, when asked for a toothpick, said "I guess they have some inside" , left to go inside and came back empty handed..... Terrible experience.
- TOTAL disaster!DowntownJRDined on 8/1/2013First - the noise is out of control. Electric violinist with amplifiers stands outside on patio, but in the doorway, and guests have to wait til he finishes before passing. Once in, It only gets worse. Service was very sporadic. We rarely saw our server. Finally after 20 minutes I was able to place an order, wanted bread to break the hunger. None available. Ordered the "pasta" sdish and after 30 minutes was told they were out of all pastas! 15 minutes later, a manager came to tell us they could make pasta but would take 10 addl' minutes to boil. About an hour after arriving, I had my first bite. It was covered (swimming in) butter. We were offered a coupon for 20% off next visit. Won't be going back. This place is a disaster!Special Features: