4343 State Road 26 East
Lafayette, IN 47905Neighborhood:
Lafayette / West Lafayette
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hourtimerestaurant.com/
- Phone: (765) 448-4669
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:00am - 11:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jose Del Real
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Hour Time offers private dining rooms for parties as small as six and as large as forty. We also offer banquet facilities for up to 250. Host your wedding reception, birthday bash, corporate event or holiday party. We can customize any event to meet your every need.
- Private Party Contact: Jay Hillwig 765-448-4669
A word from Hour Time
Dining under the station clock at the Hour Time Restaurant is a Lafayette tradition. Featuring a blend of elegance and comfort with incredible food and excellent service, Hour Time is the ideal setting for business meals, romantic evenings, or family gatherings. With dining tables on four levels surrounding a forty foot live Ficus tree, the atmosphere is truly unique. Hour Time serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day of the week. Dinner, along with a menu of lighter fare, is also served in our spacious lounge area which includes a full service bar. Private dining rooms are available for parties from six to thirty. For lunch and dinner, exciting weekly specials are offered from our award winning kitchen. With our staff of experienced professionals, we can assist with any special occasion, from business meetings to birthday parties to family reunions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Hour Time - Best Restaurants in Lafayette / West Lafayette ›
Hour Time reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (13)good for groups (11)neighborhood gem (7)romantic (7)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (5)fit for foodies (4)great for brunch (4)notable wine list (2)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014Unfortunately menu seems to have shrunk with loss of several of previous favorites. Steaks and Prime Rib still outstanding. Good wine list and reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2014From the time we arrived until the time we got our drinks was 15 minutes & 45 minutes until we got our food. After finishing our brunch, it was another 15 minutes until we had our plates removed & received our check.Special Features:
- Great venueOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014My wife and I were looking for a restaurant with good food, quiet atmosphere and a unique setting. We definitely got what we wanted at Hour Time. The steaks and sides were delicious and we did not have to "fork over" a lot of money. The service was great. We would like to come back to this restaurant.Special Features:
- EhOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014It was an okay dining experience. We went to celebrate our Engagement and Anniversary, which I put in the notes section when I made the reservation. Nothing was even said to us about it. Our waitress was pretty loud and somewhat "rough around the edges." Not what we expected for our first time there.
- Historical and full of characterdindinDined on 9/29/2014It is a charming place with lots of character. Very classic dishes and well done. The staff is very friendly. A must see! It could use an update but I suppose that's part of the charm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only OKEdina67VIPDined on 9/27/2014Hour Time is purported to be the best prime rib place in the Lafayette area. And indeed it may be.... This however does not make it a great or even a good prime rib place. The portions were small, the meat quality was second tier. The vegatables overcooked....The wait staff was attentive but had to be shown how to serve a bottle of wine... My advice ... Drive to Indianapolis if you want prime rib....Special Features:
- Great food and superb serviceJeanVIPDined on 9/14/2014While visiting the area for the first time in over twenty years, we were pleased to find this gem on OT: worried at first that it was a chain but quickly discovered it is not, and it serves excellent food at affordable prices. We tried the Walleye and Ribs...both great. Fresh green beans as the vegetable were fantastic. It's a long drive from West Lafayette when visiting Purdue, but it was worth the drive.Special Features:
- Great for special occasions.scroller41Dined on 9/8/2014We have been going there for a great number of years and will keep going back. We like it very much.ISpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findRxKarynVIPDined on 9/6/2014We were looking for a place for breakfast. Hour Time offered many choices on their breakfast menu for everyone at our table. Will definitely eat here again.Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedJannieDined on 8/31/2014We came to celebrate my Granddaughter's 18th birthday. I read the reviews about Hour Time and they were right. The steaks were very good, the hostess & our waitress Theresa were very attentive. It was a wonderful dining experience. There were 11 of us and there was not one problem. Coming from the Chicagoland area where we have so many outstanding resturants to choose from Hour Time was not disappointing. When we are visiting Purdue we will definitely take our granddaughter there. She loves filet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hour Time Came Through for us!NotanItalianDined on 8/10/2014My husband and I follow a low carb lifestyle and Our Time's staff and chef went out of their way to accommodate us. My husband had the walleye which they cooked with the pecan coating instead of the breading. They were very helpful and we appreciate it :)Special Features:
- Great celebration!SandyWDined on 8/6/2014Hour Time is our favorite place to go to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries. They gave us a small cake for our anniversary. Staff was great with our kids. Love, love, love Hour Time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemimprovandreaVIPDined on 8/1/2014I feel like this restaurant should be busier. We stopped for lunch on a Friday during the noon hour and there were very few other diners. Although that fact worried me, there was definitely no reason to worry. The soups were house made and delicious, served hot. I had the white meat chicken salad and loved it, and my husband had a club wrap. I'd love to see this hidden gem do a stronger business because it's truly a great find. We'll be back.Special Features:
- The following 148 reviews are from the Hour Time reviews archive.
- A fine restaurant, but a bit tiredOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2014In my youth, this was the height of fine dining in Lafayette, drawing people from all over west central Indiana. Now, it looks a bit dated, the food's salty and the wait staff are more akin to who you'd find at a Waffle House (and I love that place for on-a-trip fare). I had to keep asking--for forks, for instance. And the waitress blew by so quickly, she couldn't hear us or see that the table was missing things like service items. I will say, though, that the manager did remove the cup of soup from our bill--an unexpected kindness. I just remember how Hour Time and Mountain Jacks were the two dress-up restaurants in town. I miss that.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice fathers day breakfastBeernutDined on 6/15/2014The restaurant was under staffed. It was fathers day! The first two chairs i sat in had syrup on the arms. The one waitress is good at her job but she was trying to do the work of three people. Only the management is to blame. The food and drinks were fine.Special Features:
- Don't be Mis-lead by locationDiningproVIPDined on 5/17/2014Excellent food, flavorful with nice presentation. Great service. Very good Bar scene and service. Friendly staff. Not your Hotel food. Don't be fooled. Give it a try. You'll be a fan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccassionsClassyLadyDined on 5/16/2014Hour Time has been our place to celebrate special occasions, anniversaries, birthdays, graduations, and retirements for many years. The food is always exceptional, and the service friendly and prompt. The dessert cake that is an added specialty of the hour time and takes the stress out of ordering a dessert. This cake is provided when you inform the staff of the reason for the celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation CelebrationlildebDined on 5/16/2014We had a party of 9 for a celebration of my daughter's college graduation. The waitress did the best she could, but she had at least 2 large tables and appeared to be having a bit of trouble keeping up. The food was decent, but the baked potatoes were less than hot. One member of our group's steak was cooked a bit too much and we requested A1 only to wait for a while to receive the sauce. Another's sweet potato fries were not done and a couple were even frozen. They replaced them and the replacement order was fine. Not sure I will return.Special Features:
- Hour Time Past its Prime TimevoicegalDined on 5/11/2014Hour time was a very popular restaurant when it opened in Lafayette in the late 70's. It had a good chef and was possibly the best restaurant in town during that era. Unfortunately, the food, the decor, and the ambiance hasn't changed since then. If you're hankering for some 1970's cuisine, by all means try their chicken Florentine, their fettucciini alfredo, or their peppercorn steak with whiskey sauce. If however you want a good cut of beef cooked with fresh spices, or fresh vegetables, or something that tastes a little more 21st century, avoid this place. The service was good. The decor hasn't changed since the fern bar 70's and has lots of steps, so it's not good for an aging costumer.
- Great for businessAFTmeetsDined on 4/24/2014A group of 8 neede a central site between Lake and Marion counties. We've at Hour Time as individuals and other small groups. It's always great. Everyone enjoys the food and as the planner, I appreciate the flexibility of the staff, especially the server, to allow us meeting time with serving squeezed in. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedSchoolvisitDined on 4/4/2014The restaurant doesn't look like much from the outside and the inside is a little dated. However, the food and service were fantastic. We had a waitress and trainee, who seemed to be doing a good job at training. Choices for food were wide and we ran the gamut for what the five of us ordered. The food came out in good time, came out piping hot, and was quite delicious. Good choice for desserts and they satisfied everyone's sweet tooth. Overall it was a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and healthy possibilitySherDined on 3/25/2014I need a low sodium choice. I ordered citrus salmon with no added salt. Few places can do that because most are marinated or already salted. The citrus and steamed vegetables that came with the salmon were great. The service was efficient and pleasant.Special Features:
- Almost perfectShaneADined on 3/22/2014My wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary that evening. The food was great and the service was wonderful. We were disappointed by the lack of dress code. This should be a fine dining experience, so customers should be encouraged to leave the sweat pants and pajama pants at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hour TimeSpoonieDined on 3/17/2014My husband and I went here for the first time seven years ago when the restaurant would give dinning coupons as a congratulation gift for newborns, born at the local hospital. My son wanted to celebrate his birthday at a "Fancy" restaurant and we thought this would fit the bill. It was nice to go back and celebrate his birthday at the place we first went to dine when he was first born. Sadly the restaurant doesn't give out the free dinner coupons for birth celebrations anymore. This restaurants is affordable, has a kid friendly menu and pretty good ambiance. My son loved the tree growing inside the restaurant. This place is worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant surpriseIndplsEricDined on 3/9/2014I can't count the number of times I have driven past this restaurant and said "I should stop there one day." Well, "one day" finally came. Located off I-65 and S.R. 26, this restaurant is convenient to find and access. My fiancée and I stopped there for an early dinner over the weekend. The business had just opened for dinner, so there was no wait nor delay in service. The food was delicious, well-prepared, and prompt. Prices were a touch on the high side, but the quality made up for that. Definitely a place to check out in the Lafayette area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Acceptable food, friendly servicerunwithitDined on 2/23/2014The food was fine but I would look for another restaurant when in the area again. The service was very thorough and friendly. Kind of a cool, kitschy looking English pub interior. Bar area looked like it would be a cozy place for a drink on a cold night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Minor DisappointmentSemiAnnualDinnerDined on 2/15/2014We moved to Lafayette in Dec. 2010. We were a little apprehensive about dining options in such a small town. Hour Time was one of the first restaurants we tried and we have been pleased by the food selection, service, etc. My wife and I are big fans of sea Bass and we were pleasantly surprised that Hour Time offered it. Over time sea bass has been on and off the menu. We chose to go to Hour Time for our semi annual dining out experience. We were surprised to see a pared down menu for Valentine's weekend. We were a bit disappointed since several dishes we would have selected were not available on the pared down menu. Will we ban Hour Time? No, we still had an enjoyable meal. I hope this review helps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks were excellent, waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Steaks were excellent, waitress was friendly and the rolls were awesome.Special Features:
- Not goodOB99Dined on 2/14/2014I came here for valentines day and was seated at probably the worst table in the building despite having a reservation. I was also in a small room with two other tables filled with two townie families puffing e-cigs. They were conversing so loud between each other it was hard for us to talk. The topic of conversation was pig farming and some quite vulgar things were said that are not appropriate from a dinner table. My steak was also cooked poorly .
- everything is good but waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I dont remember her name, but she is an older lady with very short hair. She was very pushy for us to order and order fast, she took our plates before we were done eating. not nice or warm, actually she was kinda rude and very short. Maybe she was having a bad busy night or something, but that doesn't mean she can take it out on the customers. I regret giving her a good tip.Special Features:
- Special DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Good evening but not what this place was a few years ago. Everything was ok, but it's stuck in a time capsule. Great possibilities with renewed energy and money!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad birthdaySweetfoodieVIPDined on 2/13/2014This was a new restaurant for my husband's birthday and I was very disappointed. There was no maitre d, we waited at least 5 minutes for someone to come to the desk and there were others waiting as well. We were seated at a table and then waited 10 minutes before we even saw a wait person. I asked for a wine list and the response was that they were all out on other tables and there were no more available. she did say she would try to find one for us. Several minutes later she came back with a list of wine by the glass, but she could not find a wine list. At this point, we had been in the restaurant for 15 minutes and all we had were two glasses of wine and a very poor waitress. I called another restaurant from the table to save the day.
- We have been coming for over 40scroller41Dined on 2/13/2014We have been coming for over 40 years and still keep coming back and enjoying it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+aderke2009Dined on 2/13/2014Great every time! Friendly staff, great food, and a clean restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cabin Fever Get TogetherlocalfanDined on 1/24/2014Seven of us went with a case of cabin fever, but left after a wonderful evening of food, drink, and lots of conversation. Appetizers and cocktails led off our evening. Most popular entrees that night were the seafood items which included fried shrimp, grouper with mango salsa, and Canadian walleye, which was had by 3. The meat eaters amongst us had a rack of ribs and prime rib. Plentiful portions led to "to go" boxes following dessert. Peanut butter pie was the most popular. Hour Time is among our "fine dining" favorites in town. Excellent food at reasonable prices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than most hotel restaurantsChadVIPDined on 1/18/2014Went to Hour Time which is the restaurant at the Best Western in Lafayette. We had a group of 6, but reservation was made and were seated right away. Ambiance is a bit dated - think Golden Girls bamboo styled dining chairs on casters and a plethora of mauve and teal tones. Some food was excellent (portobello app), other not so much (driest medium rare filet I've ever eaten). Drinks were good, lively bar area, restaurant was fairly quiet. Server was competent, but lacked any personality or opinion (everything was "good").
- Lovin it for over 20 years now!!!CharlesDined on 1/16/2014As always Hour Time is right on time with everything.... food service atmosphere!!!! when in Lafayette this is our #1 choice!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Upscale Steak HouseLocalHeroDined on 1/11/2014Food overall B+: wide menu of steaks and seafood. Good place for a late dinner with people you want to talk to, as noise level is very manageable. All our meals were served at temperature and in a reasonable time. Setting is eclectic and nice. Wine list and wine service needs improvement. House wines are below par and call wines are a very odd assortment above market prices.So if you like a nice date-night steak house and don't care about wine, it's a good value. No wine special offered, no appetizer special offered, and they were sold out of the dinner special by our seating time of 7:30. Good bar service and drink prep. Bar is cozy and not overwhelmed by tv.Special Features:
- Always satisfiedDeliciousDined on 1/3/2014My wife and I love to eat here. I always get a burger and she always gets something fancy, this time it was the prime rib. The food was delicious, thank you Hour Time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oldie but a GoodieDandADined on 12/31/2013We made reservations for 8:30 but didn't get seated until 9 while others were seated that came in after us. We went to the bar while waiting and it is a cool retro sunken bar, very old but unique. Bar tender was very nice and efficient.Only complaint would be the over sized "grandpa's den" type bar chairs on wheels that made it impossible to walk through the bar without bumping into people. The waitress we had was awesome, very personable and seemed to enjoy working there. The food was good with good size portions, but not oversized., which is great. The pricing is very reasonable for the atmosphere and food quality. We will definitely go back for that special occasion.Special Features: