Houlihan's at the Holiday Inn San Francisco Airport
275 S. Airport Blvd
South San Francisco, CA 94080Neighborhood:
South San Francisco
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Houlihan's at the Holiday Inn San Francisco Airport
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hisfo.com/dining.html
- Phone: (650) 588-2265
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 6:00AM - 10:30AM; Lunch:11:00AM-4:00PM; Dinner: 5:00PM-11:0PM
Happy Hour: Everyday from 3:00PM-7:00PM and again from 10:00PM-Midnight. ALL DAY SUNDAY!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Fernando
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Party Rooms are available for groups of 20 to 50 people
- Private Party Contact: Ernesto Montalvo 650-588-2265 x
- Entertainment: SportsBar; Happy Hour is Monday-Saturday 3:00PM-7:00PM, 10:00PM-Midnight. Sunday all day!
- Cross Street: US Route 101 at South Airport Blvd
- Public Transit: Service ran by BART to South San Francisco BART Station or to SFO BART Station and take hotel shuttle.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: We offer FREE parking at the Holiday Inn and the adjoining South San Francisco Conference Center parking lots.
A word from Houlihan's at the Holiday Inn San Francisco Airport
Houlihan's Restaurant + Sports Bar, located at the Holiday Inn San Francisco Airport. Houlihan's is a contemporary, cordial and fun place-to-be. The restaurant serves traditional and contemporary breakfast, lunch and dinner fare. Houlihan's provides a culinary experience that is undeniably unique and will make you come back for more. Our fully-stocked bar brings drinks from around the world right to your coaster. Come and enjoy the eclectic eatery and electric bar scene at Houlihan's!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Houlihan's at the Holiday Inn San Francisco Airport reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (4)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)neighborhood gem (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)special occasion (2)fit for foodies (1)romantic (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Place holds special memoriesanhtuanVIPDined on 11/20/2014Used to go here with the family growing up back when it was in San Carlos near the airport. When it moved, we were crushed. When we found it again, it rekindles some of those moments having dinner with Bo, Me, and the brosef. Now it's just me and brosef enjoying that to-die-for spinach dip with lavosh bread. Still as awesome as ever. Things change but some things never do. Thank you Houli's. Never take that badboy off the menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodNofastfoodDined on 10/25/2014The pasta dishes were very good. The starters looked good as they passed by. But, we ordered two hamburgers med rare and they came very well done. Who can't get a burgers right? Waiter did offer to replace them. We were on a time crunch, so declined. The waiter gave a five dollar credit. I will go back but choose more carefully.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014Had a great dinner, had the NY strip steak and my dinning partner had the salmon. Will be going back soon!!!Special Features:
- The following 69 reviews are from the Houlihan's at the Holiday Inn San Francisco Airport reviews archive.
- Our drinks were lukewarm,eihleaVIPDined on 3/16/2014Our drinks were lukewarm, the service was poor & we were mostly ignored. We will not return.
- HoulihansPinkangel94112Dined on 2/17/2014I love the spaghettini with the shrimps,mussels and scallops except the scallops was bland. Plus the lettuce wraps chicken was a little salty but otherwise the food is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AppallingGrampsVIPDined on 8/26/2013I am afraid that is the only word I can think of. The usher tried to sit me at the bar even though it was obvious there was no room and then having given my order I waited 35 minutes for my dinner to arrive. However my soup never did and the waitress seemed completely clueless on what to do. The food was at least cooked reasonably.
- An unusual off night - I hopeSSFEaterVIPDined on 7/31/2013We generally enjoy Houlihan's, but our experience Wednesday not left much to be desired. My wife order lettuce wraps and a bowl of soup. I ordered a club sandwich with fries. It took at least 20 minutes before any food was delivered and then it was just the lettuce wraps. A few minutes later the soup was delivered (i really doubt they cook each bowl individually, so that was ridiculous). About 5 minutes after that, my sandwich was delivered. The wraps, the soup, and my sandwich were all good as usual, but my fries tasted like they had sat under a heat lamp since we placed our order (that's about 30 minutes if you lost count). If we have another experience there like this one, it will be the last.Too many good places around.Special Features:
- Airport StopBlakemontDined on 6/16/2013Could have been worse, better than TGI but that is about it.
- A neighborhood Gem!SunDinerDined on 3/29/2013This was a surprise! We had dinner at Houlihan's and loved the food. Their chicken wings are excellent and their steak was cooked well. The atmosphere was great, had a few couples having dinner and a few other people near the bar for drinks. We positioned ourselves away from the big LCD screens that had sports on so we can have a nice dinner without the distractions. I was pleasantly surprised. Recommended!Special Features:
- I really like going to thisOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/20/2013I really like going to this restaurant inside the Holiday Inn. The food is delicious and the waitstaff is always friendly and efficient. The only issue I had (and this is just personal preference) the dessert menu is really small with very few options.Special Features:
- The hostess & waitress wererjtdVIPDined on 3/18/2013The hostess & waitress were very patient & helpful. Food was more than I expected "very Good".Special Features:
- Had a great (but loud) meal here.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/1/2013We had a great meal here. Especially awesome was the French Onion Soup and the apple pie. Only complaint is that the music was obnoxiously loud.
- Great place to have dinnerHipchicago1VIPDined on 11/8/2012Great place to have dinner the night before a flight and then stay at the hotel.Special Features:
- Great spot for eating whileTaweleDined on 8/14/2012Great spot for eating while attending a conference at the conference center next door. A good spot if you live in the area and when time permits prior to taking a flight from SFO. Good food and good energy.Special Features:
- Enjoyed every starter we had...fromOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2012Enjoyed every starter we had...from the spinach and lovsh, the chicken wings, and the big bite rshooms. Then the main dish...scalloped risotto (yummy), enjoyed every bite. Will be back for other entrees on the menu!!!Special Features:
- They didn't have my reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/13/2012They didn't have my reservation from Open Table, but happily sat our group of 10. Very friendly and patient.Special Features:
- Always great food and goodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/12/2012Always great food and good service, but can be very loud when the bar is busy.Special Features:
- I was there with a friendOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/18/2012I was there with a friend for lunch on Wednesday, 4/18/12. Nice entrance and interior but it's quite empty at 12:30pm. Food was OK but not impressive. I think I expected more.
- I really enjoyed myself, IOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012I really enjoyed myself, I will be going again when I get the timeSpecial Features:
- great for casual drinks andGELAT0VIPDined on 1/14/2012great for casual drinks and food after a 49er game!Special Features:
- Loved the Ahi salad and fishAmyFDined on 1/3/2012Loved the Ahi salad and fish tacos and nice menu with great prices!Special Features:
- Place was pretty empty. IOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/26/2011Place was pretty empty. I could see why after my party of 10 ordered and ate. Only two dishes out of ten (two of the same was ordered) orders were good. I would not recommend eating there. Drinks from bar were just ok. Have no plans to give it a second try...
- Food and service very good,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/4/2011Food and service very good, as always. Forgot there would be a big football game on, so it was noisier than usual at the bar, but we were given a booth on the side that minimized the noise. It was much appreciated! Will be back, love the bruschetta and Southwestern wrap!Special Features:
- Great for sports fansOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/24/2011This is essentially a sports bar with an attached dining area, which also has a large-screen TV showing sports. If that's your thing, this is it. If not, you may not want to go during games. The food, however, was very good, and the wait staff excellent.
- Houlihan's is a better than26pt2runnerVIPDined on 9/20/2011Houlihan's is a better than average chain that caters to a wide variety of tastes. Given the dearth of decent options within walking distance, we found Houlihan's to be a welcome option an elevator ride away.Special Features:
- Our waiters were very attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2011Our waiters were very attentive and nice! They took care of our big group. Quite a few of us got the Pot Roast and it was delicious. The Wild Mushroom Enchilades were not a hit. It was served cold. Overall, we would come back and have another luncheon.Special Features:
- Very conveniently locatedKeiriDined on 5/15/2011Very conveniently located off Hwy 101. Great appetizers, awesome cocktails, and the only place I know of that serves blueberry lemonade.Special Features:
- First time at Houlihan's.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/10/2011First time at Houlihan's. Good food great atmosphere during NCAA BCS Bowl game. Definitely would come again.Special Features:
- We were dining @ an odd hourPatricDined on 12/25/2010We were dining @ an odd hour of the day on Christmas. I had been to Houlihan's before for drinks and appetizers. t was disappointing for dinner. It was freezing in there. The hot3el loby doors kept opening and I felth the restaurant could've turned on heat. The restaurant wasn't crowded but it took so long for our foo to arive. We were watching a basketball game, then th bartender changed the channel to match all other channels, then turned loud music on right over our table. They were understaffed once it picked up and the srvice got even worse. The appetizers were tasty however the entrees were like-warm and underseasoned. i had a xhixhen torilla soup that hdidn't have a single piece of chicken in it. I wanted dessert but it took too long
- Have been several times andOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/19/2010Have been several times and have always enjoyed Menu changes a bit btwn my visits - I think gets better each time FOOD: 4 -only gripe- Dish was quite a bit spicier than I like or have ever had w/this dish: Rare Ahi Tuna Tacos--FAB! The pieces of Ahi were very sizable which I rarely find w/Ahi in a salad or tacos as smaller chunks are often tossed in if Ahi isn't "headlining" the plate. Kudos! As well, "Rare Ahi Tuna" was prepared perfectly! RARE! Restaurants advise "rare", but it arrives not rare,,, SERVICE: 2 - service quite slow. Had reservations yet sat 10' b4 even asked if wanted water/wine. Lrg party in the back- not enough Waitstaff in Main
- Great place to eat in a pinch!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2010Great place to eat in a pinch! I had a friend from out of town call me at the last minute. I suggested we meet at Houlihan's, seeing that she was at the SFO airport. It was great. Didn't have to sacrifice a great meal for convenience.Special Features:
- Holidays is an average place,HowardSFVIPDined on 10/8/2010Holidays is an average place, nothing more and nothing memorable.Special Features:
- The bartender was pretty chintzySharonVIPDined on 7/18/2010The bartender was pretty chintzy with the liquor. The Pot Roast was very tasty. My parents felt their prime rib was a little tough. The steak was good though slightly overcooked. I will give this restaurant another try. Hope the bartender will be more generous with the liquor as I do rate restaurants by their liquor also.Special Features:
- Service was excellent, butfoodie4realVIPDined on 3/26/2010Service was excellent, but food was mediocre. Lots of noise and had to be moved...we were right next to the bar. Probably great for younger crowds or singles.Special Features:
- The chinese chicken lettuceOpt1VIPDined on 3/26/2010The chinese chicken lettuce wrap appertizer was very swee, way too sweet and kill my appetite. The mustard crusted salmon was dried. the sauce was too salty. Overall, the food was disappointing.
- I've always had good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/25/2010I've always had good food at Houlihan's. The service is typically fine however was a bit slow this last time.
- Hit the right night! WentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/20/2010Hit the right night! Went early (5pm) and had great service, great food, great atmosphere, prices fair. Thank you!Special Features:
- The food was great with reasonableValentineDined on 2/14/2010The food was great with reasonable prices. Definitely a place where i will go again and refer my friends/family to try.Special Features:
- Hoolihan's was a pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/7/2010Hoolihan's was a pleasant suprise at the Holiday Inn. I wasn't expecting such a nice sportsbar. We watched the Superbowl there since I had to pick up my son on Superbowl Sunday at the San Francisco airport that afternoon. So I stayed at the Holiday inn and waited for him at Houlihans. The bartender and waitresses took very good care of me since I was waiting alone. They made it fun and most of the food was outstanding. I ate breakfast there and it wass very good. Then at superbow time we had the stuffed mushrooms which may be the best I have ever had along with some other bar food. Everything was good. The bar is open til midnight food served til 10. And the Happy ours prices were great.Special Features:
- Odd to find some good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/27/2009Odd to find some good food in a place located in a hotel. The food is always okay and dependable. Try the chicken nachos, you'll get a alot. Lots of drink choices, 1/2 of the menu is dedicated to drinks.Special Features: