844 Hermosa Avenue
Hermosa Beach, CA 90254Neighborhood:
Manhattan Beach / Hermosa Beach
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hotskitchen.com/
- Phone: 3103182939x
- Hours of Operation:
11:00am - 09:00pm Sunday- Wednesday
11:00am-10:00pm Thursday- Saturday
*Hours are subject to change depending on weather!!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Sean Chaney
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Whether you want your party at Hot's or in your own house, we can make it a party you will not forget! Just let us know what you want and Chef Sean Chaney will always make it happen!!
A word from Hot's Kitchen
Hot’s Kitchen serves gourmet, tapas-style street food. We have 49 craft beers on tap, a relaxed beach vibe, and a menu best shared with friends!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Hot's Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Manhattan Beach / Hermosa Beach ›
Hot's Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (9)fit for foodies (7)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (6)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)special occasion (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great Service, Mediocre FoodhangryfellowDined on 9/10/2014The tacos are hit/miss but well presented. Service is very friendly and relaxed, and the draft selection is extensive. The execution of the beet salad was poor: beets were flavorless, vinaigrette was bland, and the greens selected were overpowering--one of the micro greens was used as a garnish in another dish and was better suited there. The menu concept is promising, but perhaps should be narrowed to focus on dishes that have been developed and polished.Special Features:
- Great little findOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014Trendy ambiance, great and fun taco and beer list, takes reservationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good overallRaffiDined on 7/20/2014Read a few different reviews online. Some of which sounded like a bunch of whiners. Service and food were good. I wasn't expecting a 5 star dinner but the waitress (Justine) couldn't have been nicer and food was what I expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PV FoodirPVFoodieVIPDined on 7/11/2014Great food, fun place, but very noisy. The tacos are amazing! We got a lot of small plates to share and everything was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nuts!BadnightDined on 6/28/2014The experience was nutty. Two young women were derelict in seating people upon arrival. Multiple tables were available yet we would have to wait for 15 minutes? We had a reservation for which we were a maximum of 15 minutes late. Was this revenge? Thing is no one was being seated. The restaurant was exceedingly and exhaustingly noisy. Spoke to the manager who told me it would be resolved and "not to worry about it." This did expedite my seating. Once seated, our service was 100% fine. So...What's so confusing about getting seated? Sorry Hots, There are other places in town.
- Hot's KitchensideeffexVIPDined on 5/31/2014My friend and I try to come here at least every two weeks. The little tacos (ahi, shrimp tempura, cubanos) are delicious and so reasonably priced. They have a great wine and beer list and the service is always outstanding even though this place gets crazy busy. I love the ambience and outdoor-sy feel of the place. It's basically an open-air warehouse but they make it feel a lot more trendy and comfortable. Will be back!
- Love this placelabomba8Dined on 5/23/2014I have to stop myself from eating here too often. Enough said. Excellent food, and the menu changes just enough to keep it interesting, but not too much where they lose their key, delicious menu items. Excellent craft beer too.Special Features:
- Loudest Restaurant EverDonCoreLeonDined on 5/23/2014The acoustics are terrible in this place. Flat walls and glass where all of the noise just bounces around. On top of this, they play the music WAY TOO LOUD!!! You have to almost scream to be heard, which then makes everything worse. The Beer List is great and the food was okay, but the ambience is kind of plain and the acoustics just ruin the whole experience. I'll never go back.Special Features:
- Awesome TacosOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/22/2014They have a huge taco menu with some really unique creations. Love that you can order just one taco, it gives you the chance to try a few different tacos since there are so many to choose from! Love the Hawaiian Pork taco!Special Features:
- The following 28 reviews are from the Hot's Kitchen reviews archive.
- Love it but a little loudmanbcheVIPDined on 5/3/2014Hots has a great beer and wine menu. This is a good place to have a nice mea - good wait staffl. I was craving the taco salad and was bummed to see that they had changed the recipe. They also changed the recipe for some other menu items that we didn't like as much as the original. That said - there is so many great things to get - chili lime fries, all of the tacos and I hear the burgers are good although I've never tried them. It is a great place for a fun night out and the open windows make you feel like you are dining outside even though it is inside space. The Beau Bridges photography that decorates the restaurant is amazing. It is loud but I would recommend restaurant to couples, families with kids and large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Taco VariationsOceanviewDiningDined on 5/3/2014This is a fun place to come and try some tasty variations of tacos. They are small but packed with flavor. We tried the baja fish taco, Thai chicken taco and steak and potato taco. There is a lengthy list of microbrewery of beers on the menu and they will kindly offer you samples. It is the perfect location for dinner before an evening at the Comedy and Magic Club and is very close to the pier. I agree with the other reviews the restaurant it is exceptionally noisy. With concrete floors, metal furniture and roll up glass and metal garage doors, the sound really reverberates and creates an environment where it is hard to hear others at your table. That said, high energy fun place to start the evening in Hermosa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everyone enjoyed itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014We were celebrating an office birthday and had 9 people. Service and food were great.Special Features:
- Delicious Gourmet TacosMValerie8VIPDined on 4/10/2014The tacos here are delicious! They have such a great gourmet selection. I had the steak and potatoes, but my favorite was the Mojo Shrimp. The shrimp were huge and crispy and the sauce had a kick to it. The only surprise was that the tacos were small. I would recommend ordering 3 for a meal. I look forward to going back so I can try some other things on the menu. The place has a great hangout kind of atmosphere. There are TV screens and lots of beers on tap. Great place to meet friends to watch a game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service and beerRickWLDined on 4/10/2014Our family of 5 met another family of 5 while we were visiting southern CA and Hots was a great find. Diverse menu with lots of great food and beer choices. Friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and very energeticLindaDined on 3/30/2014Great food and very energetic atmosphere. Not good for conversation though, very noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UNUSUAL AND TERRIFICthebeachkidVIPDined on 3/29/2014The variety and quality of the food is wonderful. A fun place to dine.Special Features:
- Hot Hots!SisDDined on 3/28/2014Hots kitchen is a great gastro pub to meet friends, eat great tacos (burgers and truffle fries are also very good), drink good brews and maximize Southern California, easy living!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a staple down in hermosaChrisDined on 3/23/2014Always a staple down in hermosa beach. Awesome tacos and with an outstanding beer listSpecial Features:
- Not a gimmick ... it worksJeremyVIPDined on 3/23/2014Tacos ... not just any tacos ... think Thai green curry with basil tacos and other crazy creations. It is a new type of dining experience unique to its own. We will definitely be back to try more of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and food are excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2014Service and food are excellent. Great selection of beer, tacos and sliders, many are not the norm but tasty surprises. Servers are friendly and quick. Noise level is deafening on busy nights. Brush up on your lip-reading because you won't be able to hear anyone further then your immediate neighbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Text to talkComeagainDined on 3/10/2014If you're going to Hot's Kitchen, be prepared to rely on your smartphone for communication with your dining party. Even when the place is half full, the music volume and the hard surfaces make it almost impossible to communicate. That said, the micro-brew beers on tap and the adventurous variety of small plate dishes makes it worth it. Just bring earplugs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fave Restaurant in the South BayRegularCustomerVIPDined on 2/22/2014This place is amazing. The food is delicious and inventive, and there's always something new to try. The chef is seriously creative. The wine list is solid as well as a great selection of beer. We go to Hot's once a week. The only negative is we'd wish the chef would bring back his old-school brussels sprouts from when they first opened. Damn, we miss those! Everyone in town does brussels sprouts, but Hot's were the best by far. We still mourn their passing. :( Hot's seriously needs to start a franchise. Hot's in Vegas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is amazing but serviceMJ20Dined on 2/17/2014Food is amazing but service was horrible. Our reservation was for 6:30, we were seated right away but didn't see a server for 10 minutes. Our drinks arrived a half hour after we sat down, we received our apps before our drinks and we only ordered beer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Food in The SouthBayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/22/2014GREAT food, GREAT beer, and the service has really turned a corner of late for the better! Cant really go wrong whether it's a date or a big group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hots kitchenNikkiDined on 1/16/2014We came for my fiancées birthday with a group of 10 plus 2 babies. The service was great for such a large group! We've been before and love their tapas style tacos and burgers. So many unique varieties- perfect for foodies. Great wine and beer selections as well as a full bar. I definitely recommend this spot for a group or date night! Even for a night out with the boys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time VisitorNupeSugarRayVIPDined on 1/3/2014The initial impression for Hot's Kitchen was a bit disappointing. I made a reservation for a time, arrived early 20-30 minutes, there were seats available and we were told we couldn't be seated until the other reservations arrived (even if they were late). We eventually were seated after a 15-20 minute wait and others being sat before us. The kid friendly menu was fantastic and the kids loved the hamburgers/cheeseburgers. The tapas menu for the tacos was great and unique. Enjoyed the waitress, speed of service, and accurate order taking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something for everyoneDanoDined on 1/1/2014We took a chance with a booking of 10 on New Year's Day. The menu is basically salads, burgers and tacos. Everything that everyone got was really yummy. Nobody was disappointed. My one complaint is that they bring out everyone's food on big plates and leave it to you to sort out. This led to a fair bit of confusion, and one person's food was totally left out. She sat for another 10 minutes looking at everyone else's food. Otherwise, the place was great, service was good, and nobody had trouble finding something that they really liked.Special Features:
- great wingsBarbDined on 12/14/2013very tasty hot wings and truffle fries. fun date night!Special Features:
- COLD restaurant.xCHRISxDined on 12/9/2013We went in December, and it was FREEZING inside. The waitresses were literally wearing beanies and ear warmers while we shivered through our great food. We asked about the temperature and the waitress exclaimed 'I know right?!' but couldn't' do anything to fix it, blaming management. Also, even though the place was relatively empty, we had to wait a long time between waitress visits (for refills and to order extra food) which was annoying. Our waitress was friendly, but just absent when we felt we could use some service. The food was really good though, but a bit pricey for tacos. They have a pretty extensive beer selection as well. Overall, I'd recommend, but only during warm days and when you have extra cash to spend.Special Features:
- ReviewLC333Dined on 11/15/2013I go to this restaurant all the time because the food is amazing. Everything is delicious. My biggest critique is the service. Having worked in the restaurant industry for 5 years I can understand when it's busy in a restaurant and servers struggle. I was asked what I would like to drink before I even sat down. I told the waiter to give us a few minutes to look over the menu and he didn't come back for 15 minutes. After the drinks were finally ordered, I saw them sat on the bar for another ten minutes. We had to flag down the waiter for us to put in our food order as well. Even when the restaurant is slow it seems the waiters struggle to get customers food and drinks out in a timely manner.Special Features:
- Still a bit too loud . . .DondeMisChurroVIPDined on 9/28/2013Great food, but the noise level is still too loud at the restaurant. We have now relegated this restaurant to a mid-week place to go.Special Features:
- Crowd PleaserCrystalVIPDined on 9/27/2013My boyfriend loves this place and thankfully they have options for my somewhat vegan diet. Service was good and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/27/2013We had dinner there with a group of friends. For the most part, the food was really good. We were a little surprised to find out that they restaurant didn't have our reservation on file. They were still able to accommodate us. The have wine and an extensive beer list, but not a full bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Place Like HotsvegasnowVIPDined on 9/26/2013A unique restaurant and beer bar with 40 to 50 beers on tap and a menu focusing on a wide variety of gourmet tacos and sliders (good salads and chicken wings too). I love bringing newbies here who are always both surprised and delighted and how good the food can be.Special Features:
- very loudOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/13/2013Definitely thought the food was good (not as great as a friend had indicated though), and service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- While a very loud restaurant,FrenchieX2Dined on 9/13/2013While a very loud restaurant, the food never disappoints! Definitely a fun place to drink great beer and enjoy great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Bad-- You Know what you are GetOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/2/2013Service was a little slow and the place was literally crawling with infants. The taco tapas are always pretty good, and the beer list is terrific. I liked it better when they taco list was longer and pretty much all they offered.