Hotel Fiesole - Mistral
4046 Skippack Pike
Skippack, PA 19474Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Hotel Fiesole - Mistral
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.hotelfiesole.net/
- Phone: 6102228009
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday- 5pm - 10pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Pete Sedares
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Abbey Greiner 4842521980
- Entertainment: Live music every Friday and Saturday from 8pm until Midnight in our Rathskellar.
A word from Hotel Fiesole - Mistral
The Hotel Fiesole is centrally located in the heart of Skippack Village, Pennsylvania, a quaint shopping district filled with unique stores & restaurants. The Mistral is one of two on site dining areas within the hotel which offers 16 uniquely different, well appointed rooms furnished with a European flair. This restaurant offers a lavish fine dining experience in the hotel's warm & elegant main dining room complete with fireplace, breathtaking stained glass ceiling & access to the unique Trolley Bar with an extensive wine list. The signature French & Northern Italian Cuisine is prepared by the hotel's award winning Executive Chef, Peter Sedares. The Mistral also offers a grand buffet Sunday Brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Hotel Fiesole - Mistral - Best Restaurants in Skippack ›
Hotel Fiesole - Mistral reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (13)romantic (12)great for brunch (9)fit for foodies (9)neighborhood gem (6)notable wine list (6)great for outdoor dining (4)good for groups (3)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Food was wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014one of the best meals I've had in a long time. The food was excellent. My wife and I couldn't decide which appetizer or dish was better....everything was soooo good.Special Features:
- Best Brunch Ever!!!Love2EatVIPDined on 9/7/20144 adults, 2 young kids - all were wowed! Great, friendly staff, made sure you had everything you wanted. HIGHLIGHTS: 2 kinds of made-to-order waffles, with a variety of fresh toppings, lobster eggs Benedict (fabulous), bacon, sausage, Caesar salad, Italian cold cuts, cheeses, made-to-order eggs and omelets, fabulous gnocchi (some of the best I've had!), hand-carved pork, salmon and chicken. Everything was delicious and quickly replenished! The dessert table was beautiful - almost too pretty to eat, with about 25 choices from mini carrot cake to creme brulee to an abundance of decadent chocolate items. Champagne or mimosas to start and excellent coffee. GO - you won't regret it. We are looking forward to visiting many more times!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversary dinnerMSBNW6Dined on 8/21/2014We celebrated our 48th wedding anniversary a few nights ago at the Mistral. It was a perfect restaurant for celebrations! In fact there were two other couples there at the same time celebrating their 43rd and their 13th anniversaries. We recommend the restaurant very highly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BruchBrunchDined on 8/17/2014Hotel Fiesole is a wonderful restaurant for a special occasion or a romantic brunch/dinner. I happen to take a girl friend for her birthday to brunch. The ambience and food presentation made it really feel like a special occasion. We sat and talked for hours as we nibbled. We were never made to feel rushed and the waiter only came by to fill our drinks and ask if we needed anything. Would recommend highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service not so.RossieDined on 8/16/2014Beautiful set up, great food, but after waitress took our order she never came back to check on us. Food runners brought our order and we had to call on passing staff to get us more bread, salt and answer our questions about the food. I don't mind pouring my own wine but this also surprised me. She eventually appeared with the check and seemed oblivious to having ignored us throughout the meal.Special Features:
- LovelyFBIMEMBERDined on 7/27/2014Beautiful presentation,delicious food and outstanding service. Pastry table was wonderful with creative and delightful flavor combinations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Buffet BrunchMusikFind1VIPDined on 7/13/2014The food is great with over the top desserts. The service by Jared and Justin makes it worthwhile to get up on Sunday morning.Special Features:
- AmazingluvtoeatDined on 6/20/2014This restaurant was amazing! My husband & I went for my birthday dinner. The atmosphere was cozy & food was wonderful, the drinks were perfect, the staff was very friendly. I cannot say enough about the food - delectable! The salmon & the sea bass were incredible! We are making this our new special occasion spot! The only issue I had was that they were not that busy & we had to wait a good amount of time for our server to get back to us to bring our appetizers, drinks & dinner.Special Features:
- The following 83 reviews are from the Hotel Fiesole - Mistral reviews archive.
- Great timeTrophy3Dined on 5/24/2014We went to celebrate our wedding anniversary. It was quiet, which was perfect for us. The langoustino bisque was excellent and so wax the beet salad. The lobster was good but my wife thought the risotto was very salty. I enjoyed the salmon. We will definitely be back..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceDMSESQVIPDined on 5/17/2014My husband and I had dinner at Mistral on a Saturday night. The restaurant was beautiful and not overcrowded. The service was friendly, knowledgable and attentive! We enjoyed the Pear Flower and Grey Goose fizz for cocktails. The star of the evening was the filet mignon. The steak was tender, perfectly cooked and not over seasoned like in a typical steakhouse preparation. The (raw) asparagus and prosciutto was delicious and fresh. Skip the oysters on a half shell; I've had better from whole foods. Overall, we were pleased to enjoy a delicious dinner out without having a food hangover the next day from the chemicals, sodium, and fats usually added to restaurant food. We'll be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good. Only threeanniemouseDined on 4/9/2014Food was good. Only three tables occupied during our meal and we felt a little lonely. There was a large boisterous group in the bar and the noise from the adjacent bar was distracting. Thankfully there was no music as well. Portions were very generous; my bisque app left me with very little room for my entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014It was wonderful. The food and the service were excellent.Special Features:
- wonderful atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/26/2014The food, service and ambiance are all top of the line. We dined in the mistral section and truly enjoyed our experience. We will be back and I would recommend this location over Mortons or any other location in king of prussia and surrounding area. The pricing is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior BrunchMusikFind1VIPDined on 3/23/2014This is the best buffet brunch in the Montco area. Good price, extensive selection and desserts that are over the top. Ask for the server Jarred, he will make the day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ExperienceAnniversaryDined on 3/1/2014My wife and I went for our anniversary and had the 5 course tasting. It was amazing. We both had food that we never had before. You have to be willing to be adventurous, since your food is in the hands of the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special datesailfish30Dined on 2/15/2014Took my wife for Valentines , they had a great menu and everything was perfect ! can not wait to return !Special Features:
- The tasting menuMusikFind1VIPDined on 1/4/2014Although we have been to Mistral for brunch and dinner many times this was our first tasting meal there. It was such a treat that other who like fine dining should put themselves in the hands of the chef and enjoy the experience. The excellent service, with a great wine that was a bargain, makes Mistral a first class restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambiance, but priceyiklein99Dined on 12/31/2013We've eaten here a handful of times - both in larger groups and just the family. Food is very good and the service is terrific. A bit pricey, though.Special Features:
- Great place for a quite romanticSJWGDined on 12/11/2013Great place for a quite romantic dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialAshirwadDined on 11/14/2013We enjoyed dining over here on our wedding anniversary. The server was very courteous and freindly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant dining with great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/21/2013This is a nice spot for a special occasion or for a romantic dinner. We were a group of 6 friends having a small reunion. The restaurant is located in a beautiful old building with a lot of character. We arrived early and spent some time at the trolley bar. Loved the vibe there -- elegant, but informal. The drinks and appetizers were nice. Wine was a little pricey, but the mixed drinks were very reasonable. We were promptly seated at our reserved time. After ordering the food they took a while (most restaurants hurry you through your meal -- these guys were a tad slow -- just a little faster would've been perfect) to bring it to the table. Food was very delicious. Our waitress took very good care of us. The desserts were to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/16/2013Thought the service was excellent. They waited on our every need. Food was good with a great variety. Lobster egg Benedict was excellent. Will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's day brunchJenniGDined on 6/16/2013Brunch buffet was perfect to make Father's day outing special. Great selection of delicious brunch favorites and impeccable service. A little more expensive, but well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy First VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/24/2013Celebrated an anniversary with complete satisfaction. The atmosphere, staff, and food made for pleasant evening. Will return.Special Features:
- Wait staff was great- efficientOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/23/2013Wait staff was great- efficient with being over bearingSpecial Features:
- didn't meet our expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013the decor and ambiance in this restaurant is outstanding. warm and inviting. we felt the staff was a bit cold, although our waitress warmed up by the end of our meal. the food was mediocre. my husband and i have been to many fine restaurants and this just did not meet the quality we were hoping for. there seemed to be a great party scene going on downstairs, however. perhaps it's a better place to grab a drink and do a little dancing. crowd was mixed, which was great. i would consider going back for the nightlife but not for a fine dining meal.Special Features:
- Not the best experience IDAJOLDined on 2/2/2013Not the best experience I have had there. Service was below par had to ask for bread and water twice. Food tasted very good, desert was over the top!Special Features:
- Nice meal overallMicheleDined on 1/12/2013The lamb was cooked to perfection, but the risotto was too salty from the pancetta. My husband had the special elk over polenta and it was excellent. The service was wonderful.Special Features:
- Went out to eat for Christmas.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012Went out to eat for Christmas. I did not know they only had a buffet at $50 per person. A bit pricey for an omlet a slice of ham and some fresh vegetables. The dessert table had chocolate dipped strawberries and some sweet breads. Coffee was another $4.50 per cup. 'Brunch' for 3 cost $189 - a bit more than I ever expected for pay for a light meal.Special Features:
- A Perfect Birthday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/23/2012Took my boyfriend out for his birthday for the Champagne Lunch. We both absolutely loved it. The food was delicious, the restaurant was beautiful, the staff was very helpful, and the scenery was incredible. We had an amazing brunch to kick off the rest of the day.Special Features:
- A GemPickyEaterDined on 12/2/2012I love this place and almost want to keep a secret so it doesn't become overcrowded. I was looking for someplace different with parking to take a friend to celebrate her birthday and boy did I luck-up! Don't look for 50 items on the buffet table, but do expect the broad selection of top grade sirloin, belgian waffles, omelettes and champagne to be delicious! The lobster eggs benedict and gnocchi du jour just melt in your mouth. The staff was very welcoming and friendly. I can't wait to get back there.Special Features:
- The homemade gnocchi was excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2012The homemade gnocchi was excellent!! Compliments to the chef!Special Features:
- I rerally enjoyed the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/13/2012I rerally enjoyed the food and romantic atmosphere. Beautiful venue inside and out.Special Features:
- We have been to this the MistralOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/26/2012We have been to this the Mistral at Hotel Fiesole aunt several times and have never been disappointed. The food has always been outstanding,and the presentation is beautiful. Although the menu is imaginative, if you are strictly a meat and potatoes lover or like your food less creative, there are multiple choices on the menu. If you are looking for a special occasion dining experience or just want to feel special, than I highly recommend this restaurant. Come early and have a drink in the lounge.Special Features:
- Did the chef's tasting menuOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/8/2012Did the chef's tasting menu of 5 courses -- and every dish was way too rich -- just too much butter/cream and so forth... the food was fair to good because of the overwhelming sauces - would have been much better with simpler plates and fewer calories from fats. I'd probably rate the meal higher if I had eaten it in the middle of winter, but it was just too heavy for an 80+ degree evening. Quality of the ingredients was top notch, service was fine, ambiance was quite nice, although the restaurant was essentially empty on a Saturday night. Our take-away feeling was that it was an expensive evening I mainly remember for the following bout of indigestion.
- This is a very elegant spaceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2012This is a very elegant space with a formal feel. The tables are set beautifully & spaced far enough apart for an intimate dining experience. Service is unrushed - in fact, it's a bit slow. The servers are cordial and informed about the menu, but they seemed unenthusiastic, in fact, almost harried. As constructive criticism, I'd like to suggest that guests be offered water upon seating, versus having to ask for it. Water glasses should be refilled frequently. Servings of rolls/bread and butter should be ample. For our party of four, there was one roll per person and barely enough butter. An amuse bouchee before dinner & a dessert tidbit after dinner would be a nice touch & should be extended for this upscale & somewhat pricey place.Special Features:
- Special Occasion RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2012Our second visit to Hotel Fiesole to dine at Mistral did not disappoint. This was my husband's birthday celebration and he specifically requested Mistral after a lovely late night dining experience two months ago. The setting at Mistral is exceptionally romantic, the waitstaff (particularly, Pamela) is exceptional in their attentiveness and service, and we both thoroughly enjoyed our dinners. He ordered the Lobster Ravioli, which had an abundant amount of succulent lobster to share with me, yet was not burdened by a rich sauce. My Chilean Sea Bass special was excellently prepared and most enjoyable. We started with a perfectly seasoned caesar salad, which we opted to share and the kitchen split into separate plates for us. Lovely dinner.Special Features:
- Went for Cgampagne BrunchKimberlyDined on 7/22/2012Went for Cgampagne Brunch with the girls and we all had a great time and said we would do it again.Special Features:
- Reminiscent of better experiencesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/23/2012This is a perfect example of a restaurant making it's reputation with an amazingly intimate and beautiful atmosphere. But that's where it stops. My scallops were over cooked and drenched in black pepper. I like seasoning but this was ridiculous and they weren't advertised as blackened or heavily seasoned in any way. By the time they came back my date had already finished her meal. The server was barely attentive (one of the reasons why it took so long for my dish to be correctly delivered). The host asked how everything was and when I voiced my discontent and that it was my first time there he barely acknowledged my concerns. It will definitely be my last time there. Made me miss the Kennedy Supplee in Valley Forge, ambiance & GREAT FOOD!Special Features:
- We had a great time and theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/3/2012We had a great time and the food and service were excellent.Special Features: