Hotel Fauchere - Bar Louis
401 Broad Street
Milford, PA 18337Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
Hotel Fauchere - Bar Louis
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hotelfauchere.com/
- Phone: 5704091212x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 8:00am - 11:00am
Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 11:30 - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday; 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Sunday 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Continental, French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The hotel has facilities for meetings, weddings & private parties up to 60 for full dinners in the Delmonico Room, to 100 for a cocktail party, or larger dinners by tenting our private garden. Please contact the hotel for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Hillary Needleman 5704091212x150
A word from Hotel Fauchere - Bar Louis
Located at the ground floor level of the Hotel, Bar Louis is a stylish, ultra-modern environment for casual and late-night dining, amazing beer selection and great cocktails. The sleek space was designed by architect William Reue to be “subtle, timeless and elegant.” An enormous Christopher Makos photograph of Andy Warhol and John Lennon sits behind the bar. The rest of the bar has photography by the Hilton Brothers, a collaboration between Makos and photographer Paul Solberg.Continued
David Pirozzi and his culinary team combine classic and modern cuisine in the Brasserie style restaurant.
David Pirozzi and his culinary team combine classic and modern cuisine in the Brasserie style restaurant.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hotel Fauchere - Bar Louis reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (5)fit for foodies (4)great for brunch (3)special occasion (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (1)romantic (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Very pleasent.JamesDined on 9/3/2014The food very good, the wait staff very professional, and the over all experience very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Little town, big city restaurant!nadiam4Dined on 6/29/2014Innovative and original. Great food and service : the type a quality you expect in big cities.Special Features:
- Beautiful spot, average foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014I really wanted to like this restaurant, as the history is fantastic and it's got an awesome picture of John Lennon in the Bar, however, it fell short on many levels. The food was just average. We ordered short ribs and while they were tender, they had little flavor. Someone had recommended the tuna pizza, so I ordered it thinking it would be great. It wasn't. The tuna had a strong fishy taste and the fried rise crust was too thick and flavorless. The service was just fair-not what you would expect for a pricey restaurant in a lovely hotel.
- The following 31 reviews are from the Hotel Fauchere - Bar Louis reviews archive.
- Wonderful foodHugryartistVIPDined on 6/14/2014Huge wine and beer list. Knowledgeable wait staff recommended local wine and beer specialties that we loved. We ordered several small plates that were large enough to share -- many of them-- all were excellent, especially the day’s special, fried calamari sticks. Then we shared larger dinner dishes (or opted for salad as a main course). .Special Features:
- Fun Place to Eat....Romantic Too!!AdamLipsonVIPDined on 5/25/2014My wife and I ate at Bar Louis at Hotel Fauchere twice this weekend. We had lunch in their patio and dinner on the front porch. The food was well presented, creative and tasty. My wife, who is Vegan, was accommodated by their chef who prepared a beautiful Portobello Mushroom Napoleon. They also make a terrific kale salad. The ambiance is beautiful on a summer night. We also went downstairs to have a cocktail inside. It was equally beautiful....and don't forget to try their bakery next store for breakfast!!Special Features:
- Great, As UsualjsmsVIPDined on 5/17/2014Since the "regime change," Bar Louis has been reliably excellent. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New chef - big improvementSangoDined on 4/26/2014Food immensely improved. Service a little slow, but it was a busy Saturday evening. There were five of us; all were satisfied. had a ribeye cooked to perfection. Consistency was a big issue; waiting to see if that will be greatly improved as well. Am a local resident and have been twice since the change - so far so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeljdinesVIPDined on 4/26/2014Food was unique and very high quality. Entire experience was 2 thumbs up.Special Features:
- New chef - new energySangoDined on 4/4/2014As a local resident, I had stopped going to Bar Louis: the food was erratic as well as the service. They now have a new chef and I went for dinner with a visiting colleague. The food was excellent; the choices varied; the service attentive. Would definitely recommend it for dinner. Make a reservation on the weekend; the place was full by 7pm on a Friday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place in 20 mile radius.alexDined on 3/15/2014This is arguably the best place in a 20 mile radius. The food is prepared with care and attention that is the hallmark of French cusine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/27/2014Always enjoy the cocktails and appetizers here. Service was attentive and nonintrusive. Would like to see something other than bluefish as the seafood selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining with a DifferenceRazzDined on 11/22/2013Bar Louis has wonderful ambiance. The food is amazing and the presentation just lovely. You do not feel rushed and our waitress was very knowledgeable and helpful. It's very comfortable and anytime we are in the area -- which is not often enough --we make sure to have lunch there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pot de Creme to die forFauchereLoverVIPDined on 9/26/2013Everything was very good. the chocolate pot d' creme is to die for. In warm weather, front porch lunches are delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sushi pizza is the bestFranVIPDined on 9/15/2013I had this years ago and never forgot it. As an out-of-towner who doesn't get to the area often, I was delighted to find it still on the menu. You can get it as an app for dinner or an entree for lunch. It's outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingHappyDined on 8/22/20134 out of 5 dinners were under cooked. Veal was rubbery, fatty, and underdone. Tomato salad was perfection, though. This place is up and down in quality. Maybe the chef was on vacation? Too bad. We'll try again.
- Nice - but very overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/19/2013Bar Louis was very nice. It was clean, had a good atmosphere, was quiet and the service was good. They do use mostly all organic and local food sources, which is a big plus in their favor. However, the quality of the entrees seemed to be hit or miss. I had a chicken dish, in which the chicken was absolutely delicious but the grilled zucchini was limp, mushy and oily. My wife had a filet which she said was not very well seasoned. My son had a huge burger that he absolutely loved. The biggest drawback was the price. We spent $250+ on 3 people. I do not object to the price in and of itself. I have spent that much before at other restaurants, but based on the quality of food I simply did not think it was worth the cost here.Special Features:
- Flawless, as alwaysDeensoVIPDined on 8/17/2013Bar Louis is an incredible find anywhere, but completely unexpected in Milford, PA. We have never been disappointed and are often thrilled by what arrives at our table. On our most recent visit, the highlight was a delightful Shaved Vegetable Flatbread. I don't know how long it will be on the menu - which changes seasonally - but, if it's available, I highly encourage diners to give it a try.Special Features:
- Consistently terrificDeensoVIPDined on 8/3/2013I don't know how many meals we've had at Bar Louis since they opened; I just know we've never been disappointed. Not once. What else can I say?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE place to dine in Milford, Pa.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/8/2013When in Milford, Pa., the Hotel Fauchere delivers on every level when it comes to dining. I'm sure the same attention to detail holds true for the accomodations as well. The energy of the place is inviting and yet eclectic at the same time. Great food pairings and presentation make for a memorable experience. Do not miss the chance to go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar Louis - Raise the BarTomWDined on 5/11/2013Try the Delmonico Room upstairs and pass on Bar Louis Bar Louis is always too warm. All of my guests complained about the room temperature and they were actively sweating it through. You would think a restaurant in a basement would be easy to cool? Not enough space at the booth for the food. Staff were inattentive , but then the lady in charge pounced when I had a mouthful, poor timing. The only thing special anymore about this place is the painting behind the bar....and that is just because who didn't love John Lennon and Andy Warhol? So my verdict for Bar Louis, like the passing of those two greats,.... it is done. Stick a fork in it! Yours, Tom WolfeSpecial Features:
- Service was great, very pleasant100213VIPDined on 5/4/2013Service was great, very pleasant and accommodating. We would go back anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have dined at Bar LouisSusanVIPDined on 3/2/2013We have dined at Bar Louis several times. For us, it is an oasis built on a true reverence for food, wine and spirits in a casual atmosphere. Menu features the best quality ingredients, dishes are creative and the drink pairings always make it the best way to fully enjoy the meal. Each meal has been so satisfying and a lot of fun.Special Features:
- Food was excellent, greatMastershakeDined on 2/16/2013Food was excellent, great beer and wine selection. It was a bit crowded and noisy. Wait staff was gracious and attentive there just wasn't enough of them. Too few staff too many customers. Need to hire more staff for busy nights.Special Features:
- Excellent find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/11/2013We really enjoyed our experience at Hotel Fauchere, the staff was great and the food was excellent. The only problem we had was they were out of several food items on the menu, but we go very late in the evening. We sat @ 9:45 pm after a movie so that might account them not having everything we were looking for. Overall I will return there and do highly recommend them.Special Features:
- Wish it were betterRSMMathewsVIPDined on 11/21/2012We had dinner here the night before Thanksgiving. The wait staff was overwhelmed by the number of covers. My guess is that they have a skeletal crew off season which may explain incredible long waits for food and for requests for items like knives and forks. The food was reasonably good although how the chicken risotto got its name is a puzzle. The dish consisted of two bits of fried chicken wings over a bed of rice. The short ribs should have cooked longer. The Hamburger was a bit of a puzzle as well. There are virtually no other options for anything approaching fine dining in the area so this is pretty much it.
- You'd never know how extremelyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/23/2012You'd never know how extremely takented the staff overe there are until you experience thief home made cheeses, elegant foie gras, and there heavenly sweetbreads. These professionals pour everything into their craft and bring a terrific gem to Milford. It was a pleasure dining here and I look forward to visiting again when I'm in the pocono mt. region. As my wife would simply put it: Amaze-balls!Special Features:
- Just wonderful!GastrognomesVIPDined on 10/8/2012Can't say anything but "wonderful.'Food is great, wait staff is knowledgable and attentive and our experience is always, wonderful.Special Features:
- Very interesting menu androckyVIPDined on 9/27/2012Very interesting menu and bar selections, decor has a W-Hotel look... located in the basement of the Hotel, so it feels closed in rather than open or spacious. Food was good, service we had was marginal considering there was only 3 other customers......Special Features:
- Definately in the top fiveOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/6/2012Definately in the top five restaurants I have been to. What a gem!! Perfect in every way, very French and only thirty five minutes away (dangerous). Our waiter, Christopher made it special. The staff really wanted to please. I will be back!Special Features:
- All around good to very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/13/2012All around good to very good with attention to food, service and ambiance. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and we have returned several times. My husband is vegetarian and there are healthy organic options on the menu for his meat-free diet. We like the late night hours and good wines.Special Features:
- Beautiful room in a lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/18/2008Beautiful room in a lovely hotel. Excellent food, excellent service. Portions a bit small but beautifully presented.Special Features:
- The fabulous food is onlyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/24/2008The fabulous food is only exceeded by the outstanding service.Special Features:
- A restaurant not to be missedSimonVIPDined on 7/26/2008A restaurant not to be missed if you are in the Milford area. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Somewhat dissapointing. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/4/2008Somewhat dissapointing. Food was ok but not special and not as interesting as described. Not worth the 75 mile round trip, especially given today's gas prices.Special Features: