Hotel D'Amici Ristorante
1440 Lincoln Street
Calistoga, CA 94515Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Hotel D'Amici Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hoteldamici.com/
- Phone: 7079421400x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner W-Th 5:30pm-930pm
Lunch & Dinner F-S 11:30am- 10:00pm
Lunch & Dinner Su 11:30am - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Joe Venezia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Hotel D'Amici Ristorante
Hotel D'Amici Ristorante features traditional Italian cuisine with homemade pastas, delicious desserts and, of course, Pestoni Family wines from Rutherford Grove Winery. We also have private dining available for small groups. See you soon in Calistoga!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Hotel D'Amici Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Calistoga ›
Hotel D'Amici Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (12)fit for foodies (9)special occasion (7)notable wine list (6)good for groups (6)romantic (4)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Food was good, as was service.MimiDined on 7/19/2014We enjoyed our meal. The food was good. Presentation was nice, and wait staff excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014The food was excellent, and the service friendly and prompt. I would definitely eat here again!
- food4funVIPDined on 7/17/2014Wonderful to have tripe, fresh anchovies and sardines on the menu....thank you.Special Features:
- mediocre & not worth the priceordtmpsfoDined on 7/5/2014This is definitely a tourist trap. The food was sub par and expensive. I had veal Marsala at $28. Less than 3 oz of veal appeared with some nice mushrooms. However, the dish was under seasoned and boring. I could not taste any Marsala wine.
- Favorite Calistoga RestaurantCassandyVIPDined on 7/2/2014D'Amici is always great, with many offerings on the menu and wine list. My go-to dinner destination!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and SErvicrevcloudDined on 6/28/2014Thank you for the excellent evening and service. Could not have imagined a better night with the ladies. You were such a wonderful find for us. Hope to return again on our way through Calistoga.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousStaciamaggVIPDined on 6/21/2014The food here resembles grandma's true Italian cooking with a bit of a modern twist. The fava bean bruschetta is divine! The service is impeccable. The art on the walls is so cool and really adds to the hip feel of this place. The service is perfect. A true gem in the sleepy town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!ArialDined on 6/1/2014From the moment you walk in the door, the service is superb, the menu compelling and the execution flawless. It is the best authentic Italian restaurant in Napa Valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 29 reviews are from the Hotel D'Amici Ristorante reviews archive.
- Italian timeChimpDined on 5/8/2014Very good ltalian food.. Would recommend to friends... Fish of the day was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is real Italian, service poorLiverpoolDined on 5/3/2014We booked this resturant through open table. Re-checked its value at Solage Calistoga where we stayed. The food was recommended as one of the best in the area for Italian. Maybe better than most famous restaurants in big cities. In reality the dinner was really good more than expected. Carpaccio del manzo was superb, the sole with artichokes for main were simplest and well sautéed. But the sever's service was not caring, slow and finally the dolce came after the espresso that we ordered. Even for this it will not prevent me going back again.Special Features:
- RomanticHaleyadDined on 4/30/2014My husband and I dined here for our anniversary. It was excellent! The food was delicious and the service was outstanding! We will definitely be dining here again next date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was lackingRichardDined on 4/26/2014Great food but the service was fair at best. Waited at the door for more than 5 minutes and table service was slow. They didn't have enough service staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the trip to CalistogaRealGoodVIPDined on 4/25/2014Excellent homemade pasta with creative sauces. Wide range of interesting appetizers. Rather smallish restaurant on the main drag in Calistoga. One of the very best Italian restaurants that we've encountered. Try the "Choke the Priest" pasta with seafood or the spinach pasta lasagna. The Firto Misto Mare was as good as it gets. No room for desert but the table next to us raved about Triamasu.Special Features:
- Delicious and fresh Italian!CarolDined on 4/20/2014Amazing fresh pastas and best veal scallopni in Napa Valley!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expensiveneveragainDined on 4/18/2014We, party of 4, thought the value of the food was overpriced. The service was so so and it took a long time to get our check. I noticed several of the waiters going out the front door and talking on the sidewalk in front of the restaurant.Special Features:
- D'Amici's has an authenticFrancetteDined on 3/13/2014D'Amici's has an authentic Italian menu unlike other restaurants of it's type in the Valley.Special Features:
- It was completely enjoyableluv2eatDined on 2/23/2014It was completely enjoyable from beginning to end, not to mention the food was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great, service a little slowdatenightVIPDined on 2/22/2014We had a nice dining experience, but the service still needs a little help. We sat and waited to order an appetizer and drinks, but no server came. We had to flag down the host after waiting for 15 minutes. Wine service was nonexistent after bottle opened and intial wine was poured. The food was all delicious. We loved the antipasto plate to share.
- Delicious Italian FoodJandLDined on 2/16/2014We had delicious Italian food for a romantic dinner out. Jonathan, the manager, made our experience here outstanding! We would highly recommend this restaurant for both him and the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Homemade pastas and moreOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/15/2014Delicious! Nearly all the pastas are handmade on the premises. Everything was absolutely fantastic.Special Features:
- happy surprisevalentinoDined on 2/14/2014we booked for valentines day quite frankly because most of our first choices were booked out but were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food and the hospitable service we received. We live in Healdsburg and travel all over the world regularly and definitely rate this as a place we would make the drive to go back to and recommend to friends, excellent all around. Had the mussels, beet salad with goat cheese, Vongole and the steak. All were excellent and the steak done in medallions much like a fabulous seared foi gras set atop a potato foundation with some spinach pieces all atop a perfectly matched sauce innovative and very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went here for Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Went here for Valentine's Day dinner. Great food and service. Never rushed at all. We brought a bottle of our own wine and ordered another! I was hoping to see the corkage waived!!. This would never stop me from coming back but it's a nice gesture! Mike and YasnaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedHotrodDined on 2/14/2014This was our second visit and the same problem persisted. It takes a long time from the time you sit down to the time you finish. Food is slow coming after you order and after each course takes a long time. Our first visit took almost an hour from when we ordered to when we got our main course. This visit was only a little faster. Previous visit we felt our food was very tasty and well prepared. . The lettuce for salad was not crisp or fresh tasting. The special entree was veal in a sauce. The veal medallion were dry and way over cooked. Desserts were ordered. The crostini was good but barely warm and ice cream did not melt. The pans cotta was only about 4 bites.Special Features:
- The gnocchi was a bit 'touch'FoodieDined on 1/31/2014The gnocchi was a bit 'touch' but the gorgonzola sauce was very good. Sole was nice but small with only a smear of chard underneath. The worst thing: VERY cold plates - if the chef has gone to the trouble of preparing a dish that is meant to be served hot, why put it on cold plates? By the time it gets to the table it is already cool. Very nice presentation of bread and oil.
- Dissapointing at first...2todineDined on 1/17/2014We had printed the menu ahead of time and it was out 33 wedding anniversay so we wanted a special resturant. We got there and ordered the Calamari and they where out of it.We thought about going to another resturant but decided to stay and everything else was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/15/2014Really nice food in Calistoga!! The orange salad was special and delicious. The salmon with fried leeks was very good, a bit too much butter (greasy), but tasty. The veal scalopini was beautifully prepared and yummy! If you are near downtown Calistoga this is a great choice for dinner.Special Features:
- Chef Joe Venezia is awesomeWestOfPCHVIPDined on 12/28/2013Calistoga -- all of Napa Valley, in fact -- is very lucky to have Chef Joe Venezia cooking for them. If you want refined yet authentic Italian cuisine of the highest quality, look no further. Room is good and service is solid. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome addition to CalistogaHilltopperVIPDined on 12/15/2013Well done to the Pestoni family for bringing us this high quality experience. After several visits, D'Amici gets better. A top Italian chef and experienced management come together to make this a solid performer. Good local support is evident and visitors should take note. This is well worth a try...you will come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our group of 4 had a wonderfulgust0s0Dined on 11/17/2013Our group of 4 had a wonderful experience at D'Amici. We all ordered different dishes, and other than the trippa being a bit spicer than we are used to, we totally enjoyed all the food, and the presentation of it. The Strozzapreti were excellent, not to leave out the Gamberetti, which were the juicest and plumbest we'd seen in a long time..and in the Napa Valley. Peter Greerty made the whole experience memorable, and we will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicious andChicoDined on 11/16/2013The food was delicious and the presentation was great. Our server was knowledgable and friendly. The back room was decorated with family photos and brought back memories of my childhood. Throw in fratelle for dessert and it was a memorable night. Finally Calistoga has a real Italian restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- D'Amici for True ItaliansGAC63Dined on 11/16/2013We had such a fun experience at this restaurant and truly enjoyed the homemade pasta dishes. The gnocchi was full of flavor and they were packed with potatoes and herbs with a fabulous cream sauce. The lasagna was well staked with thin layers of spinach pasta and meat and it was quite good. The desserts were wonderful and not overpowering, so we really enjoyed that last course.The servers were attentive and personable. They always made sure we had warm, fresh bread and refilled glasses of water. The wine selection included lesser priced glasses of wine, as well as, more expensive bottles. I don't think anyone would be disappointed in the menu, service, and atmosphere. There was a full house during our visit and I can understand the reasons!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but the food was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/13/2013Pricey but the food was excellent. I liked the house blend red right out of the barrel .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous!nvluxeDined on 11/8/2013everything was fresh and beyond delicious, the best Italian food I've ever eaten in napa valley and perhaps the best outside of Italy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing flavors - Great MealBG42Dined on 10/25/2013We had an amazing meal. Found this restaurant through Yelp reviews. Everything we ordered was great with incredible flavors. From the olive oil, bread, and salt through to desert. We shared the mozzarella appetizer special that was amazing. Explosion of flavors in every bite Went there expecting to order the lasagna (from reviews I read), but when I saw it was with spinach pasta I started to debate between it and Gnocchi with bolognese. Home made gnocchi with bolognese that was mouth watering with flavor. When we got two desert we couldn't decide between 5 different ones so we shared two. Fried dough (cinnamon sugar) with two dipping sauces and a pear tart - boy were we lucky we only ordered two desserts instead of 5 Truly a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service really slow....average foodMattDined on 10/25/2013When we sat down it took over 15 minutes to get a drink order. The service was really slow. I ordered the pasta with seafood and the calamarie was really chewy and the pasta was overcooked. I would not go back.
- Great experiencetmitchell3Dined on 10/17/20138 in our party. Let us bring our own wine. Very enjoyable. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New...hopefully a bright futureHilltopperVIPDined on 10/10/2013Our first try and had been looking forward to this Italian addition to Calistoga. The menu is classic Italian and interesting...holding much promise. Service was excellent until the place began to fill up...with many locals (a good sign). Execution of the menu was spotty...appetizers and salads were very good and set high expectations...however execution of three classic entrees was disappointing...the special veal scallopini was over cooked and salty, the trippa ala romana lacked acid, it was flat and a pasta dish seemed over cooked. Could be they were slammed by the crowd and the new kitchen staff lost it. We will try again soon since we want them to succeed and add to the emerging Calistoga/up valley restaurant sceneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.