92 Ludlow St.
New York, NY 10002Neighborhood:
Lower East Side
Contemporary French / AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://hotelchantelle.com/
- Phone: 2122549100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday & Sunday Brunch 12pm - 5pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary French / American
- Executive Chef: Seth Levine
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Check our website and facebook page for daily programming.
A word from Hotel Chantelle
One of Manhattan’s rare rooftop eateries, this LESer flaunts 360-degree Downtown Outdoor Scene paired with midpriced New French-American eats; a retractable glass roof makes it an all-seasons affair, and two lounges downstairs are just the thing for after-dinner cocktailing.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hotel Chantelle reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (79)great for brunch (55)vibrant bar scene (50)good for groups (46)hot spot (46)neighborhood gem (41)fit for foodies (34)late-night find (24)romantic (21)great for lunch (19)special occasion (18)scenic view (18)notable wine list (1)Show More
- great spotniceDined on 10/24/2014I had a great time,the food was good but the lounge was even better...will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of my favorite brunch spotskbirdDined on 10/12/2014Neither their 92 cent cocktails nor tasty brunch menu disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!SpuddyDined on 10/11/2014Get the $10 Pretzel totally worth it. Comes with 4 awesome dipping sauces fun for the whole table. Also Lobster Pot Pie and Truffle Tater Tots a must! Waffle Crusted chicken with Maple Cotton candy is ok if u like dark meat, I don't so just know that going into it. Super cool presentation like the Tuna Tatar Cigar which comes in an ash tray. Great for foodies!! Ask for the roof top when dinning and all 3 floors turn into a night club at 11:30 so have dinner and beat the lines by already being inside ;)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014I had a delightful experience. A friend recommended that I come here for brunch while visiting from Michigan. I loved the food and the drinks. I had cocktails at the bar while waiting for a table because I came early for my reservation. Both bartenders were very friendly and so was our server. Our server gave great menu recommendations and was knowledgable about the menu items. Next time I visit New York I will definitely come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday DinnerMMLSDined on 10/9/2014I picked this place because it had an A rating and availability. Our group was so pleased by how cute the outside space was, the attentive service, the delicious food, and the drink specials. We'll definitely be returning here for our next occasion (or Sunday for brunch). Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/5/2014The food, the drinks, the service, the music all were spot on!Special Features:
- beautiful rooftopapr24Dined on 9/28/2014great experience here. The rooftop was beautiful and the service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014The ambiance and live music are great. The drinks cannot be beat in terms of price. However, the food is terrible and our server was never to be found after we were seated.Special Features:
- fraude brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014rooftop view non existent, which is what they suggest on their pictures, biggest brunch fraud i went to in NYC, crazy price for not that good quality food, great atmosphere with live band though, only thing that met expectations
- Great find!AA50197Dined on 9/14/2014This was a lovely find. Went for Sunday brunch, good food, great jazz band. All around great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LES RooftopACampDined on 9/9/2014Had a date here on a Tuesday night. The view was amazing and romantic. The service was good; not horrible but average. I was excited to try the food as it sounds mouth watering from the menu description. I was sadly disappointed by blah blah taste and the drinks were not that great either. Wish it was different.Special Features:
- Jazz & BrunchSul89Dined on 9/7/2014Loved Hotel Chantelle. They had a live Jazz band and their family style brunch was perfect for our 11 people party. I celebrated my bday there and I absolutely loved the place, the ambiance and the decor. Recommend it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/6/2014I took my visiting parents there for Saturday brunch and they couldn't have been more excited. They loved the atmosphere and dandy Wellington band. It's hard to talk over the music, but it's nice to just relax and enjoy the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- energetic loud restaurantkim2nycVIPDined on 9/5/2014went in a little late, no problem got seated immediately, enjoyed happy hour and seafood. everything is in a small portion but tasted delicious. a little pricey but it is okay once in a whileSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/5/2014Fun, hip location. Despite being older than the majority of the people, we had a great time and didn't feel uncomfortable. We ordered the octupus and truffle pizza as appetizers and three friends had the branzino, one had the chicken and waffles and I had the fish tacos. Everyone agreed the food was yummy, especially the truffle pizza. The sides with the octupus were flavorful and the octupus was cooked properly, but it lacked some flavor. We had the sangria which wasn't overly sweet, but could have used a bit more alcohol. Overall, it was a fun place and we had a great time. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Rushed Out of DinnereasNYCDined on 9/4/2014We had a 7pm dinner reservation for the rooftop dining area. Only upon arriving were we informed that there was a special event and we would have to finish by 8:30pm. Then the service was notoriously slow, so we only got through our appetizers by 8pm. The waitress said that our dinner would be moved mid-meal. At that point we decided to leave. ...disappointed! They should not have accepted the reservation in the first place if they know the place is booked ahead of time.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedDiningDiva08Dined on 9/2/2014The rooftop was really nice, the specialty drinks were very good & unique. Lobster pot pie actually had big chunks of lobster, YUMMY! The Nutella & Marshmallow bread pudding is a must! Parking can be tight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2014Nice rooftop, was very relaxed and easy on a tuesday night. I'd definitely go back for drinks.Special Features:
- Overcooked and loudKEVPVIPDined on 8/31/2014I doubt we'll be back. Yes, the rooftop dining is nice but the blaring music, overcooked food and ok service far outweigh the good. This place is good for people who are not too concerned with the quality of their food and like cheap booze.Special Features:
- Overpriced and coldTrishpDined on 8/24/2014We bought the Maine Squeeze Lobster Bake. The food was overcooked and cold. My lobster was tiny compared to the others in the restaurant and the claw was even broke off. It came with clams mussels and potatoes. The quantity in my daughters dish was significantly more. I felt like mine was the dregs of a previous batch. Even the celery stalk had dirt on it. Our waitress served us our drinks and then we never saw her again. Needless to say no tip and I won't be going back.
- Amazing truffle pizza!BCap48Dined on 8/24/2014Great for a group but it's very loud so a little hard to talk. Don't get the eggs, they were cold and nothing special. The truffle pizza on the other hand was to die for. They also have .92 cent drinks which are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYC BRUNCH MUSTcellojacobDined on 8/24/2014Our experience at Hotel Chantelle for Sunday brunch was just too good. We had a reservation for 11:30 and ended up not showing up until noon due to a lousy cab driver. Yet the staff graciously allowed us our table and made our experience incredible with their impeccable service. They also have $0.92 cocktails during brunch, which are the perfect complement to your entree. To top it all of, the restaurant is set on a very quaint rooftop on the lower east side. It has a lovely Parisian feel, and there was a live jazz band playing as well. The staff was extremely polite and attentive, and it was one of the best meals we had while staying in Manhattan. Definitely will return on future trips to NYC. TIP: Make reservations early!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceflipflopDined on 8/22/2014The staff and waiters constantly asked if we were ready to order 3 times! We timed how long it would take for them to come to the table. We even questioned the staff as to how often are they required to check on a table. We ordered the pizza as a starter which we all enjoyed. My friend asked for a kale salad with grilled salmon.The incompetent waiter came back with a kale salad with smoked salmon, neglecting to say the cook does make grilled salmon. I ordered a lobster pot pie which was on the menu. What was brought to me instead was lobster bisque soup with an overly flaky crossiant. My recommendation is not to come to Hotel Chantelle for a meal if you must come then do for the watered down half priced drinks and maybe a starter.
- Great FoodiheartfoodDined on 8/22/2014The rooftop.dining is awesome and the fish tacos are amazing. Everything was fresh and crisp and i would go back each time I visited nyc. Servers were very friendly too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great startersdisappointedDined on 8/19/2014The starters were fantastic. The lobster rolls, the snow crab claws, the deviled eggs and the kale salad were amazing, the sweet potato fries were good too. The grilled fish was not so great, the fish was bland and the kale that accompanied the fish was way too salty. The fish tacos were better, but the portion was very small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chic outdoor bar/loungeilesinaVIPDined on 8/19/2014Went with travelzoo voucher on a tues nite. Arrived about 6pm (with reservations) with no wait. Plenty of seats/tables available. Lots of groups of girls. Drinks were delish. Ordered the tuna tartare & white truffle pizza apps. Both very good. We were seated in upstairs outdoor area- very nice ambiance & spacious area. Not crowded or stuffy. recommend if u r near the neighborhood or to try at least once. I live in another borough & LES is a bit out the way but it was a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stick To Your Night JobOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014The service was awful. Which is sad because the place has so much potential, but then again it is originally a club. Any given four year old is brighter than the wait staff there. Communication is not their strong point and neither is their customer service. I had a better exchange of words with the security guard than with the manager, assistant manager, hostess, and our pin-headed waitress...cute dress though.Special Features:
- Only Because of the FOODramospthegDined on 8/17/2014Reservation made at 2:30pm, didn't receive seating until 3:00pm. Sat down and my server came 10 minutes after we sat, to only ask us if we were ready, and didn't even bother to hear us out, and just left. Ordered the Steak and Eggs and Lobster Eggs Benedict (After another 30 minutes or so). You can see where I'm going with this - Service was horrible, but the food made up for it. I would have to say the outdoor ambiance also helped their poor service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I hate givining titles to reviews..RaiFrayDined on 8/11/2014Overall, I did enjoy Hotel Chantelle, however I don't know that would seek it out for dinner without the living social deal I purchased. It's clearly a great bar scene, and the rooftop is gorgeous, but even on a Monday night, it's REALLY loud, and the food and drinks were hit or miss. The deviled eggs, family meal sashimi, truffled tator tots, and the sparkling wine cocktail we had were delicious. The lobster roll, fish tacos, oysters, and wine we had, were average at best. Our server was friendly, and attentive at first, but then missing halfway through our meal, especially once what seemed like every other customer started to stand.I expected it to be along the lines of Beauty and Essex, but the place was a combo of a lot of diff things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/9/2014People come here for the cocktails & the punch bowls - which are amazing. The food, however, is not! Scrambled eggs were powdery & The crepes were pre-cooked hence which dry and rubbery.Special Features:
- Private party spoiled eveningLovemyfoodDined on 8/7/2014I booked a table on the rooftop for a date, but when I got there, I was told that we'd be dining downstairs in the dive-bar like dark and oppressive bar and restaurant. Needless to say, we didn't stay, I only had a drink while waiting for my date. A bit annoyed that we weren't informed of this when making the booking because we would definitely have gone somewhere else in the first place and not wasted our time. Still have no idea what the roofdeck was like or the food, so can't make any comment there. The bar is a cool dive bar and the music was really good, but not a venue for dining.Special Features:
- Great brunch spotNYCARAVIPDined on 8/3/2014Great scene and really cool spot for brunch. The table settings on the rooftop are very chic and a welcome surprise in China Town. The live music is also very good. Brunch, including the drinks, are reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambiance--Service Needs HelpamoPisiculusDined on 8/3/2014The food was decent brunch fare (nothing special) but the real bonus here was the insanely inexpensive mimosas and drink specials on for Sunday brunch! No where else can you get this kind of deal for booze. And the drinks were actually pretty good. But the frustrating part is that it was all ruined because of the lack of professionalism of the staff of the place. Our waiter seemed quite aloof and cold--not qualities I believe a waiter should have. In addition to our surprise we were told we would have to be out by 12:30 or at least move to the bar because the place was accidently overbooked. That's unprofessional. So overall they just need to work on service and they're golden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the BuckFOODIEVIPDined on 8/1/2014Pricey - but worth it - start with Happy Hour (for inexpensive drinks) - dinner - to the Friday Burlesque Show. The Burlesque Show is VERY VERY GOOD - and I have been to a lot.
- What a blast!t182288VIPDined on 7/30/2014We dined on a Wednesday, which was their Luau themed party; the menu was different which was perfect because we made a note to come again and try their menu another time. The bar was full and drinks were strong and they have a very well priced happy hour. What a blast. The food was amazing. We ordered a bunch of starters and small plates. The oysters were amazing and the house cocktails were very fun and different. Our waitress was also really attentive and was not rude, like other restaurants are during happy hour. We wound up staying for a long period of time and ringing up a nice bill.Special Features:
- alexaVIPDined on 7/27/2014I WANT TO BE THERE ALL DAY EVERY DAY :) :) IT IS SUCH A FUN SPOT WITH AMAZING FOOD. THE TRUFFLE TATOR TOTS ARE DELICIOUSSpecial Features:
- alexaVIPDined on 7/26/2014so fun! great 92 cent cocktails at brunch (not a gimmick!) and delicious foods. :)Special Features:
- Jazzy and Tasty!FoodieXOXODined on 7/26/2014I loved the options on the menu and the mimosas can get addicting! There is an automatic 15% gratuity added automatically and I don't usually mind so long as I still get good service which I DID! Super friendly and tasty! The Jazz band really set an ambiance! Can't wait to go back, my favorite brunch place so far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & drinks...go nowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Even though we waited about 45 minutes to be seated, the staff was very nice and attentive. We had drinks at the bar while we waited...who can complain about 92 cent cocktails! The food was absolutely delish, all three entrees that we ordered were amazing! Definitely coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor bar scene, AWFUL foodMFSDDined on 7/18/2014Picked this spot to check out the scene and enjoy eating outside on the rooftop on a nice night - the rooftop is a great setting, fun place to hang out. Too loud for an intimate dinner, but wasn't so crowded that it was uncomfortable. The service staff was pleasant and did a good job despite being busy. The food, on the other hand...atrocious. The oysters were old, the lobster roll should be renamed the mayonnaise roll, the fish tacos were about average, and the hanger steak was terrible. Recommend this place highly, good bar scene and outdoor drinks on the rooftop. For dinner, you're better off picking up something out of the trash can on your way there...Special Features: