Hot Woks Cool Sushi - Willis Tower
312 W. Adams St.
Chicago, IL 60606Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Hot Woks Cool Sushi - Willis Tower
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hotwokscoolsushi.com/
- Phone: 3122200011
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM, Saturday: 11:30 AM - 3:30 PM.
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Chinese
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Hot Woks Cool Sushi - Willis Tower
Hot Woks Cool Sushi represents the culmination of a variety of Asian flavors. Although many of us have been raised in the traditional kitchens of our cultures, the diversity of our world has enabled us to experience and blend the best of many regions. Similar to the Asian philosophy of balance represented by the Ying Yang symbol, Hot Woks Cool Sushi strives to maintain the traditional balance of favorite classic dishes and seeks to merge the flavors of different ethnic regions to create a cultural evolution of taste.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hot Woks Cool Sushi - Willis Tower reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (3)good for groups (2)neighborhood gem (2)late-night find (2)fit for foodies (1)great for outdoor dining (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- CasualTxfoodluvrDined on 7/18/2014Decent sushi, not a huge selection but fair priced. Clean restaurant. I will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local sushi Asian fusionLorimagzDined on 5/30/2014Service was attentive sushi was great menu had much to offerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 18 reviews are from the Hot Woks Cool Sushi - Willis Tower reviews archive.
- .nOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2014kdfkldsnclac; iHshdo'ci :vioh e;lkdfjS" ODIJV 'KSD V"ISDN"Lknv'l SKDNVlsJKVN:jkABDS:Kcjh:DSLJCLDKSCJV'ISDLJBSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to it's usual standard?archmartDined on 2/26/2014Hey Hey! We've been to this HWCS 3 or 4 times now and each other time it wasn't bad. This time, however (since OT asks) it wasn't good. The edamame was weird, mushy and tasteless. The Miso had a strange, chemical-like flavor and odor to it. The nigiri seemed less than fresh, and not very flavorful. We've had no complaints before. It wasn't the best sushi we've had, but it was passable and not overpriced. This time, if this had been our first time, it would be our last. We might give it another chance, but if similar to this most recent visit, no third strike will be risked.
- Terrific Sushi! Moderately Priced!NWIDinerDined on 2/14/2014We don't go to sushi restaurants often, so I can't really compare to other establishments. But Hot Woks Cool Sushi was the best sushi we've had in a long time. I won't say that it's cheap, but certainly moderately priced, and the portions are appropriate for the price. They have an extensive menu with so many wonderful-sounding dishes that it was hard to make a decision. We had a concert to get to, so we couldn't stay as long as we wanted. We've already talked about coming up again with no other commitments and spending the evening sipping wine and trying many more of the menu items. Overall, a wonderful experience with no complaints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had dinner at Hot Woks lastJonLDined on 9/12/2013I had dinner at Hot Woks last week. The sushi was outstanding and very fresh! Highly recommend the Signature rolls! Hoping to have dinner there again this week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and food.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/28/2013Excellent service and food. I would highly recommend this restaurant for lunch or dinner. The sushi is fresh and reasonable priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Asian food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/10/2012Excellent Asian food and service in a beautiful space.Special Features:
- The sushi was good. It wasMikeVIPDined on 9/19/2012The sushi was good. It was a slow night. I thought the service could've been better. Reasonably priced. Good place if sushi is your thing.Special Features:
- I like the ambience of thisIngaVIPDined on 6/13/2012I like the ambience of this little Asian restaurant. And the food was great.
- High quality asian fusionJaxonVIPDined on 5/30/2012High quality asian fusion food at a reasonable price in the loop. We were happy to find it and will go again.
- All Purpose RestaurantDinnerDivaDined on 4/4/2012This is a great place for everyday takeout or a special occasion. Definitely go on Wednesday for $5 martini's that don't cut corners. Even if you don't eat tofu, try the Vegetarian Delight. It is delicious!Special Features:
- The food was good, nothingmelissabmurrayVIPDined on 10/12/2011The food was good, nothing amazing. The service was very, very good and we had a nice time.Special Features:
- Maki rolls were good. MyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/7/2011Maki rolls were good. My husband's chicken dish was pretty good but nothing spectacular. Would probably eat here again.
- Good food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/5/2011Their food was very good, and I would certainly suggest this restaurant for take-out. Their service was very poor, and with only 6 tables to serve, we barely could get our server's attention to order.Special Features:
- Food was fresh and preparedJohnsonVIPDined on 5/12/2011Food was fresh and prepared well. Great place to go after work or lunch. The bartender that night was great and the service was very good.
- Great service. Cool atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2011Great service. Cool atmosphere. Very reasonable pricing.Special Features:
- What a great find !! If youOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2011What a great find !! If you are looking for a great place to eat sushi before you get on a train at Union Station - Hot Woks Cool Sushi is your place. The food was wonderful, the staff was friendly and attentive. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great service, polite staffOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2011Great service, polite staff and gorgeous clean restaurant. The atmosphere, music, and lighting were very relaxing and smooth.Special Features:
- Love the Technicolor Buddha...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/14/2011We weren't expecting much when we stopped in for a quick bite after work, but the ambiance of the restaurant was surprisingly nice. Service was efficient although there was a little bit of language barrier which resulted in my wife receiving not exactly what she ordered. Everything that did arrive was quite good, however. Price was a little high, but that's to be expected for most downtown restaurants.Special Features: