Hot Woks Cool Sushi - Pulaski
3930 N. Pulaski
Chicago, IL 60641Neighborhood:
Old Irving Park
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Hot Woks Cool Sushi - Pulaski
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hotwokscoolsushi.com/
- Phone: 7732821818
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:30am - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Contemporary Asian, Pan-Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Delivery, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout
A word from Hot Woks Cool Sushi - Pulaski
Hot Woks Cool Sushi represents the culmination of a variety of Asian flavors. Although many of us have been raised in the traditional kitchens of our cultures, the diversity of our world has enabled us to experience & blend the best of many regions. Similar to the Asian philosophy of balance represented by the Yin Yang symbol, Hot Woks Cool Sushi seeks to maintain the traditional balance of favorite classic dishes & seeks to merge the flavors of different ethnic regions to create a cultural evolution of taste. Experience the Flavor Experience the Difference Experience Hot Woks Cool SushiContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hot Woks Cool Sushi - Pulaski reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- recent visitreneDined on 7/10/2014we enjoyed the food ok, but some items were just simply "off" : the spring rolls were sugary, and the tenpura was way more greasy than it usually is. most importantly, i had some problems with the sushi. some of the rolls we had include the oceano and the spicy tako, and both rolls were very strange. the tako was rubbery, and the oceano was just straight up weird. i've never in my entire life left sushi rolls behind in any sushi restaurant, sushi bar, or market, and we just couldn't finish the oceano.
- The following 19 reviews are from the Hot Woks Cool Sushi - Pulaski reviews archive.
- Neighboorhood SpotInn162Dined on 6/6/2014I am glad that this place is around the corner where I live. Food, service, and ambience are good. Will be back since the sushi was good and it was BYOB. Also its a good idea to make a reservation with opentable if you do no not wait for a table since it's a small place.Special Features:
- My favorite Irving Park place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014If you can handle some spicy, get the Panang Noodles! I get them once a week. Does that tell you how much I love it?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpectedly disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/8/2014I did not expect the dining area to be so small. Too many people attempting to eat, work, clean, and cook in such a terrible building layout for a restaurant. I had to squeeze by the waitresses to make it to the stairs to use the restroom. Definitely not an appropriate place for those that aren't agile. We made a reservation in advance, and I was extremely disappointed to see that our table was immediately next to the waitresses' station for drinks, register, phones, etc. The ambience was nonexistent. I was not impressed with the maki, but the entree was tolerable. Immediately after finishing dinner, our plates were taken and the bill was left on the table. It felt like a "thanks for coming, but hurry up and leave now".
- Delicious and fun!KatladyDined on 1/10/2014My husband and I had an excellent experience at Hot Woks Cool Sushi. We just moved to the area and plan to be regulars at this restaurant!Special Features:
- Comfortable Neighborhood SpotCinnamonDined on 12/10/2013acceptable, it is not outstanding. I had the salmon bento box -the salmon was served floating in a soup of glaze which was quite thick, sweet and overwhelmed the fish. Made it far less healthy as well as less tasty. "asian cole slaw" was half cabbage topped with inches of chow mein noodles on top - more than cabbage, so it was again not healthy. The Tum Yum has a nice balance of sour and ginger but again, the portion of sugar is too much and it overwhelms the dish. If I am local, I would eat here (and I am) but I wouldn't go out of my way otherwise. service is great and the ambiance was fine but hte room is a glass walled extension that was freezing -Special Features:
- AwesomenessBrendaDined on 10/4/2013Simple yet delicious and inexpensive! Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We order out from here quiteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2013We order out from here quite often, but don't usually eat in house. I was there for a birthday dinner. The appetizers/maki were quite good but the entrees we ordered (gluten free) were disappointing. They were not very warm and quite bland. Because it was a party I did not complain but in retrospect wish I would have at least had them warm it up. Also wish they had a few more dessert choices.
- Local gem. Great food. GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2013Local gem. Great food. Good service. BYOB what more can you ask for.Special Features:
- I've been here many timesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/14/2013I've been here many times before and it is always a pleasant experience. Fresh food and lovely serviceSpecial Features:
- For the price and option toOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2012For the price and option to have sashimi what more can u ask for. Very fresh fish and seafood, best bet it's BYOB; great place for on a budget.Special Features:
- Went here on weeknight aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/2/2012Went here on weeknight around 7, they werent that busy and we were promptly seated. We ordered our drinks and an appetizer, since this was our first time here we were taking our time looking at the menu but the girl kept coming to take our order even after we told her a couple of times we needed more time. We just really felt rushed. We were done with out food which by the way was really good. The girl right away brought us our check, we told her we were interested in dessert. She didn't even ask if we wanted our check already. The place is really small and we were sort of close to the kitchen so the space gets fairly warm really quickly. The tables are also placed really close to each other too. Overall good food service needs improvement.Special Features:
- Pulaski LocationOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/1/2012My daughter loves sushi and is always looking for the next great "sushi experience"... We went to the Pulaski location for her birthday. The restaurant quickly accommodated our reservation change, seating us immediately. There is plenty of variety so the non-sushi diners can be accommodated as well. My wife tried the asparagus roll and was pleasantly suprised that she actually liked it. It is a great fusion place with reasonable prices. Outside was pouring rain but we are definitely going back.Special Features:
- Great spot amazing food. OnlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2012Great spot amazing food. Only down plus is place is to compact. Tables are to close together because dinning area is small. You can hear your neighbor chewingSpecial Features:
- Great Intro to Sushi spot!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/30/2012It's a little tight on space downstairs, but fun. Upstairs is cool and with a group its even better.Special Features:
- The restaurant is pretty andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/28/2012The restaurant is pretty and has quick service. The food is good. I would go again.Special Features:
- Some craved sushi, some cravedsofiadujourVIPDined on 1/8/2012Some craved sushi, some craved a hearty plate full of dense noodles in a rich sauce ... some ended up at Hot Woks Cool Sushi and were all satisfied :D
- Good placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/27/2011Great food, good prices. The service is ok. We were there late, on a Sunday, and the servers were rushing a bit, but they were closing soon. They should slow down and ask before taking anything unfinished from a table. Other than that, everything was fantastic. Love the food and the price, plus it's a BYOB.Special Features:
- Good food! Kind of pricey...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/15/2011Right by the expressway, kind of loud even with only some people inside. But the prices were a little higher than I thought, but the food was really good. Watch out for the noodle dish yaki soba, it was spicy!Special Features:
- Love hot wok! Will be frequentingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/30/2011Love hot wok! Will be frequenting this lovely sushi restaurant. Plus, it's byob.Special Features: