Hot Stone Grill
17015 Kenton Dr
Cornelius, NC 28031Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Hot Stone Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hotstonegrillnc.com/
- Phone: 7047655924x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am- 10:00pm.
Sunday: 11am- 3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ahmed Saloui
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering available for private parties and business events.
- Entertainment: Come join us and try the Sizzling and Healthy Hot Stone Experience.
For more info on Events, Chef Daily Specials, Drink Specials
Like our Facebook Page - hotstonegrillnc
- Special Events: Monday - All Day - 1/2 price Wine excluding Executive Wine List
Gift cards available!
Come join us and try the Sizzling and Healthy Hot Stone Experience.
Call for Reservations - 704-765-5924
A word from Hot Stone Grill
Since early man first discovered fire he has cooked on stone. The Hot Stone concept of today utilizes a specially designed ceramic plate incorporating a super-heated slab of volcanic rock. The rock is heated slowly overnight in a patented “Hot Rok” oven to around 400 degrees F., it is then seasoned with a proprietary mix of Himalayan Salt and Spices. The entrée is seared by Chef and presented to the patron outrageously fresh and sizzling hot on your plate. You then cook your entrée to your own taste and specification, adding sauces and sides in your own time.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hot Stone Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- Very quiet, well-kept secret?BmanDined on 5/11/2014First time visit was Mother's Day brunch. We were one of maybe 3 table guests at 12:30 (?!?). So, yeah, it was quiet and we got great service. I assume this is just because it's new and not many people know about it yet. The menu was set for brunch and the food was good. My parents are very old-fashioned and dislike crowds - so they liked it. However, it seemed odd that the place did not have ice tea, forcing them to drink water. This is a small place - that's not necessarily good or bad, except that it may get crowded once it becomes more popular. There was seating outdoors, but there were no umbrellas and it was a bright sunny 85* day. Plus the only view from there is parking lot. Overall, this was a good choice for what we wanted Sunday.Special Features:
- Uniquely superbdinerDined on 5/10/2014Being able to cook your own filet to the perfect temperature on a seasoned hot stone was only part of the unique experience. The green peppercorn sauce was a surprise because the last time I tasted anything like it, I was in Germany. Delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for funfredDined on 4/26/2014You cook on a hot stone which is interesting so you get it perfect. great atmoshere and it you that fine dining experience. I will be back.Special Features:
- Disappointed28078VIPDined on 4/20/2014Went here for Easter Brunch Buffett. We were 2 adults and 2 kids, ages 7 & 9. The kids price was supposed to be $12.95, but we were charged $19.95 each. When I asked about the kids' price, I was told it was the same as the adults. Later I checked my reservation email and found this: "Thank you for choosing Hot Stone Grill. Should your plans change, please let us know.... We look forward to serving you. Come join us for our Easter Brunch Buffet. We will be open from 11am to 3pm. Adults: 19.95. Children 12 & under: 12.95." Additionally, they used water pitchers for hot coffee, which seemed dangerous to me. The wait staff in general seemed inexperienced. Will not go here again.
- SloowMikedDined on 2/15/2014Took over an hour to get our appetizers and an hour and a half for the entree. The restaurant is nice and the hot stone concept is unique and fun but service needs to speed up.
- Meh...MMC001VIPDined on 2/14/2014We went there for Valentines day. The sauce with the fillet hot stone was clearly from a tin or packet. There was no blue cheese as mentioned on the menu. I did not appreciate the way we got herded through all the courses. Before I could put down my fork for main course, they already plonked the desert on the table. We didn't feel like staying too long after the desert, since we were rushed through the 5 courses in what must be a Olympic record. Won't be back, I'd rather go to Mcdonalds. It would have been more romantic.
- Repeat PerformanceBandTDined on 2/14/2014We have gone to Hot Stone 3 times and so far have not been disappointed. The service is top shelf as is the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Good SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Overall experience was great. Food was very good and having the hot stone in front of you is an experience. Our waitress went out of the way to accommodate my fiance who did not like what they offered on the special occasion menu that was available when we were there. Only downside is it's very smoky in the restaurant from the food being cooked in front of you, and you smell like grilled food pretty badly when you leave. I guess that's part of the experience though, it wouldn't stop me from going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Potential!!!! BUTLookn4goodfoodVIPDined on 1/25/2014Food and concept is outstanding. Small so be sure to make reservations! We had reservations during Resturant Week and in the middle to dinner we were moved to another table to make room for another partner. Still waiting for our coffee we wanted with dessert. Will give them another trySpecial Features:
- They were clearly not readybear5034Dined on 1/24/2014They were clearly not ready for the volume of a Queen's Feast weekend night. Nobody at host desk when we arrived. drinks were made incorrectly twice, never got salad that was ordered, French onion soup was cold, no bread brought, calamari was a big bowl of grease. Entrees were OK. 3 servers in the whole restaurant for a Friday night one of which was only there a week. Would not go back.
- Worst Dining ExperienceJagoniusDined on 1/24/2014It was restaurant week and my wife and I were able to get in at Hot Stone Grille. Our wait was short all things considered until we sat down. After being seated we waited at least 15 min before anyone came over to acknowledge us. Our waitress apologized and was very kind and we placed orders. Salads were good but entree's were horrible. Ragu has more flavor then the sauce on my wife's chicken dish that appeared to be prepared by a heat lamp. She didn't even eat but sent her plate back. Steak was a good cut of meat, but again no flavor. They put nothing on it. Would not recommend this for anyone as a good meal especially for the cost. Applebee's has stronger flavor and is 1/3 the price.
- Second Visit Not GoodMJfromCLTDined on 1/24/2014We were so pleased with our 1st visit we made reservations on the spot to return with friends. Not good - calamari was soggy (taken off bill), mussels were a small portion (1st visit, enough to be a little meal), one friends steak came out late and already over cooked. Just not consistent. - we were disappointed.
- I love Hot Stone Grill. It'sEclipse29Dined on 1/23/2014I love Hot Stone Grill. It's a unique dining experience. The service was a little slow but I chalked it up to the restaurant being crowded that night. Still a wonderful experience and highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took advantage of Queen'sMJfromCLTDined on 1/21/2014Took advantage of Queen's week and Hot Stone...so glad that we did! The service from the entire staff including the chef was personal and focused on our needs. We loved the presentation and the food. I ordered from the menu...I had the mussels as an entrée and would order again - the white sauce that the mussels were in was outstanding. I also ordered the French Onion soup - wow! The broth was excellent. My husband ordered from the feast menu and loved the Hot Stone shrimp and scallops. We already have reservations for Friday night and will be taking our friends. No reason to go Uptown, Cornelius / Huntersville have some of the best restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jacksidesDined on 1/18/2014everything was good..just a little slow on service..with the restaurant being short staffed.Special Features:
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014This was my second time at hot stone grill and the good is always good and the people who work there are always nice. I highly recommend this place for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was very crowded due to RestaurantFirstTimeDined on 1/18/2014Was very crowded due to Restaurant Week. Our group of 4 waited 30 minutes at the bar for our reservation; took 25 minutes to get someone's attention to order a drink at the bar. Entree was very small: 2 scallops and 2 shrimps on a hot stone. We were not served bread, which might have helped. Dessert ordered was not served and no explanation given. We all left hungry, and felt the restaurant was too pricey to still be hungry!Special Features:
- A Must TryDining2experienceDined on 1/18/2014This is the second time I have been to this restaurant and I really enjoyed it. The flavor is not overwhelming, allowing you to taste the natural flavor of the meat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, horrible servicelezieDined on 1/18/2014For first time customers, nobody showed nor explained us the best way to cook your food on hot stone. Waiter was clueless on hot stone temp. Did they think every home cooks on hot stone? Waiter assumed our side dish, did not check on our beverage refills. Waiter served my dessert with spoon in the middle of plate on top of chocolate syrup, he saw it & said Oh!...he didn't offer to give me a clean spoon!!! I had to grab a fork from empty table. We watched & learned from other dining customers how to cook our raw food. One waitress gave 1 table some bread. Was that part of service? We & 2 other tables did not get any bread!!! Good food concept but horrible dining experience!Special Features:
- Queens Feast: good price, good mealpoppop47Dined on 1/17/2014Visit during Queens Feast. Unique concept with most entrees having protein served on individual 6x6 hot stone, You allow protein to cook to desired level of 'done'. Wife had steak, I had shrimp & scallops. Both proteins very good as were vegetables we ordered as side (2 potato options also available). Both had Caesar salads had generous portions of Parmesan, excellent Caesar dressing. Dessert choices of cheesecake, banana puff pastry or chocolate spoon cake. Cheesecake and banana pastry both very good. Cheesecake in particular had really nice texture and flavor. For $30 per person, we think this was a good price for a good meal. Normal menu pricing would have been ~$45, would be hard to justify valueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot Stone GrillAvilesDined on 1/17/2014Much nicer than expected. Location is hidden. Greeted warmly, and seated right away. Ordered from Queens Feast menu. Salad was superb. Had the filets, they were so tender you could cut with fork! The hot stone finishes cooking our steak at the table, so perfect temp!!! It became a bit smoky but not overwhelming! We finished off with a cheese cake and banana pastry, both were outstanding. Overall, we had a great meal and a nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightJimmyDined on 1/11/2014Me and wife was in the Charlotte area last weekend and I discoverd this place on yelp It show becuz the have stake on a rock a hot rock that comes out at 400 degrees and you cook it yourself We have a restaurant like that back home in Jersey and it's great so I was expecting it to be good so when we Walk in a older gentleman greeted us and opened up the door the place was really small with a small bar there was a few ppl eating but the place was dead are waiter was a young guy with a decent attitude I ordered A fillet mignon with Shrimp the stake was good noting like back home the Shrimp had a funny taste besides the dead atmosphere I guess it was a ok placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and unique conceptGreymanLKNDined on 12/30/2013We had appetizers and entrees. Both were exceptional. The filets were brought out on a 400 degree hot stone so u sliced the meat and let it sear to the temp you wanted. The chef prepares it all with Himalayan salt. It is not just a meal it is an experience. BTW the dessert was phenomenal as well. Give this place a try for awesome food and exceptional serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Under-rated Gemcarolinatan2283Dined on 12/28/2013My husband and I have eaten here twice, only to be wow'd by the quality of the food. The hot-stone experience is very cool and should be something that everyone needs to try. We are "snobs" when it comes to cuts of meat - especially steak, and you cannot go wrong at this place! I'd rather go here for a filet than any of the other "fine dining" restaurants in the Huntersville area. This place is definitely under-rated and needs better marketing to get people in the door. Both times that we've been, there has only been one or two tables besides us. Not sure why the Lake Norman area hasn't found this little gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't bother, Very dissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/23/2013table of 4, from 6:30 till 7:38... no water refill. had one appetizer, Server said our meal would be out in about 5 minutes, we inquired how about our soups and salads, Bad night for all of us. Two other tables had already asked for check before main course. That left 2 tables occupied. So when we left. only 1 table to wait on. Hopefully they had their meal and it was worth the wait.
- Pretty GoodLacyjade4Dined on 12/6/2013The restaurant was quiet with a unique dining concept- like Melting Pot where you let your meat cook on a volcanic rock to your desired temp. The stones and variety of entrees were the strongest advantages to this eatery. There were menu items like duck, mussels and game. However, the level of customer service left a lot to be desired at the bar and table. The knowledge level of wait staff was dim regarding alcohol and food. The wine list was generic. I would return again just to see if the experience improved because the food itself was strong. But if the level of service doesn't improve to match the dining concept and price, this restaurant will fall off my radar. Staff need to take notes from other $100/person restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun ideaDavidsonTownieDined on 12/6/2013Our whole family (2 adults and 2 pre-teens) dined at the Hot Stone Grill in early December 2013. It was our first visit to try out what seemed likely to be a fun dining experience. The Hot Stone Grill didn't disappoint. The quality of the food was terrific. Of course, when your customers are finishing off the cooking of, say, filet mignon at the table on a hot stone grill, poor quality would quickly show itself. My wife and the kids really enjoyed their dishes. When we go back, though, we'll probably leave the kids at home with pizza. While they enjoyed the novelty of cooking on a hot stone, the finer aspects of the experience were lost on them. It would be a fun place for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/28/2013My son and I are foodies. We ordered the traditional meal - 3 course. The salad course was very fresh and I especially liked the white balsamic vingarette. The main course was very traditional -> Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and a dab of cranberry. Excellent presentation as well as ample portion size. There were several choices for desert. My son had an apple turnover and i enjoyed a banana turnover which was recommended by our server which was excellent. Speaking of service, we were lucky to have had Sadie as our server. I would return to try their normal fare and I would insist on Sadie as our server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SupriseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/28/2013Heard good things about this restaurant. Decided to give it a try for thanksgiving. It did not disappoint. We will definitely come back with friends.Special Features:
- Thanksgivingbalmy123Dined on 11/28/2013We went there for thanksgiving because they had a great deal- 3 course meal for 30 dollars and we were looking for a good home away from home meal. Our entire group collectively agreed that the food was not good at all. The stuffing, which is normally my favorite part of every meal, ended up being the worst part of this meal. The best part probably was the cranberry sauce... The presentation was great! but the food (which is the most important part) wasn't. We were disappointed, to say the least, and probably won't return for a thanksgiving feast, however the service and staff were very friendly, I would give their normal menu another try.
- The service was very slow...theSailorDined on 11/23/2013The service was very slow...the waitress had no idea how to wait on customers. The food was good...but nor great. I got Duck Confit...it had good flavor, but the skin was not crispy and the presentation was uninspiring.
- Phenomenalpurple054Dined on 11/23/2013We went to the restaurant on Sat.Nov. 23 to celebrate the birthday of one of our friends. Our experience was fantastic. Our server was excellent and really enhanced our experience. She made it a really fun evening. We will definetly return. Thanks Hot Stone Grill!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night DinnerAnonymousVIPDined on 11/2/2013Only two waitresses for the entire restaurant, but they were both friendly and helpful. The calamari literally had no flavor. I don't think there was even salt in the batter. Luckily the dips were delicious and made up for the lack of taste. Mojito was fantastic!Special Features:
- Friendly, Delicious, and FunCynthiaVIPDined on 11/1/2013Our server, Sadie, was kind, warm, and genuine. Our son had an injury, and she offered to gather up magazines if he needed to further elevate his foot. Thoroughly unnecessary but so very kind. Ahmed, the chef, came out for congenial conversation and to check on how we were enjoying the food. The cocktails were fun and tasty. And the food was superb. We highly recommend Hot Stone for every possible reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Give this place a shotRosswinsVIPDined on 10/10/2013We went on a last minute whim to Hot Stone. We looked at the menu and thought it would be a great "try". Food was prepared well and with unique flavoring a. A mixture of Moroccan and French favors combined with some good ethnic variety. The proteins are presented on a "hot stone" truly cooking on the stone- really cool presentation. The new menu appears to be even better and the chef is a great. Give this place a try as it is something truly unique.Special Features:
- As alwaysBandTDined on 9/21/2013As always, Hot Stone Grill was fabulous! Busy, but not overly so. Nice spacing between appetizer, meal and dessert. The bread & Italian beans was fabulous! Our waitress was knowledgeable and offered recommendations when asked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2013I enjoyed Hot Stone Grill. My boyfriend on the other did not dislike it but didn’t love it. His thoughts about it are that it’s about the experience, which it is, which I enjoyed. He didn’t feel as though the prices should be as high as they were due to the location (in a strip mall) and the amount of food received wasn’t a lot for the price. He also thinks it’s a little overpriced considering you are cooking your own food! :-) All in all, the food was good. I can agree to all of the cons my boyfriend pointed out. While Hot Stone Grill definitely wouldn’t become a regular go to dinner location, I enjoyed it and wouldn’t mind going again.Special Features:
- Great idea.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/3/2013The hot stone is wonderful! You are able to cook your entree to your desired temperature and always have a hot bite of food. At first, I thought it would be complicated and that I may have potentially ruined my own dinner, but it was easy and enjoyable. My filet was delicious! I even cut pieces of my baked potato and put it on the stone to heat it up. Overall experience was enjoyable. I will return and I will reccomend. The owner and waitress were very pleasant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must TryDining2experienceDined on 8/24/2013We came for the evening dining and it was great. I recommend trying the entree with the hot stone for anyone who has never been here. I recommended this restaurant to all my coworkers in the office.Special Features:
- High Hopes - DashedHvilleDinerDined on 8/23/2013Hot Stone Grill has an excellent menu. The steak was a beautiful filet, and it was neat to finish grilling it to my liking. It was delicious! I was disappointed that there was no bread served at all, and that we only received one side item. I chose not-so-great mashed potatoes. An addition side of veggies would have cost $7. No salad was offered. Our server came to pour our waters, and didn't take our drink order. We ordered a starter as she was walking away from our table. We still had our menus when our starter arrived, and had tell her we wanted to order drinks AFTER she took our food order. It was a strange dining experience. We might go again at some point, but not soon. There is better dining in Huntersville for the price.