Horseradish Grill - Buckhead
4320 Powers Ferry Road
Atlanta, GA 30342Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Horseradish Grill - Buckhead
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.horseradishgrill.com/
- Phone: (404) 255-7277
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Saturday and Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern
- Executive Chef: David Berry
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Horseradish Grill - Buckhead
Horseradish Grill offers Atlanta's best taste of the New South in a beautiful and unique setting. Only minutes from the bustle of the Buckhead business district, our food, hospitality and service offer a welcome change and a special flavor of Atlanta.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthern
Horseradish Grill - Buckhead - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Horseradish Grill - Buckhead reviews from OpenTable diners
177 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (126)great for outdoor dining (85)special occasion (76)fit for foodies (71)romantic (66)great for lunch (47)great for brunch (46)good for groups (36)scenic view (21)notable wine list (19)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (6)Show More
- dmc3VIPDined on 11/17/2014Thanks for a very nice evening. Portia was a very good waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2014We were at a conference in Downtown Atlanta and we decided to venture 'out' of the city. It was worth it. Each of us had truly memorable dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful settingRoswellDined on 11/13/2014This is a lovely restaurant surrounded by trees and a well maintained garden and the interior of the restaurant is charming. The food is good, although nothing special. Service was very attentive. This is a restaurant you want to return to over and over,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- usually i love this place, but...lindsey7VIPDined on 11/10/2014this visit was for my birthday dinner with my husband and my parents. it was my parents' first time dining here and i was excited to introduce them to a new restaurant. i've eaten here a dozen times and have always been pleased. maybe because it was on a monday and they hadn't received the new shipment of ingredients, or maybe whoever was working the line smoked too much, so they couldn't taste the food very well-either way, EVERYTHING the table ordered was cloyingly salty. pretty much inedible. the table went through 4 pitchers of water. it'll be a while before i go back and i don't think my parents ever will.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2014Great choice to celebrate my daughters 20th birthday with brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet FoodieRosanneDined on 11/8/2014We had an enjoyable dinner sitting near the fireplace. The food was excellent but slow so our waiter brought us cups of soup while my duck took extra long to cook. Our waiter Mark met all of our need and wants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visit let downWinelady44Dined on 11/7/2014The first time my husband and I came here everything was incredible: food, service, ambience. Our second visit was less impressive. They were out of the menu items we wanted to order, our waiter seemed not so thrilled to be there, and our table was in a high traffic area were it was hard to have conversation and enjoy the company of my husband on a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too fastJamesVIPDined on 11/7/2014our server was too fast on filling wine glasses without asking so my spouse was overserved. The food was great redfish entre large enough for two, wedge salad great and the shrimp just fine.Special Features:
- Excellent Southern CuisinewonderingVIPDined on 11/1/2014Excellent upscale and friendly dining featuring updated Southern cuisineSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/26/2014Three good meals, one medium and one horrible. Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delicious brunchLonghornEaterVIPDined on 10/26/2014Had the roasted pork shoulder Benedict and it was fantastic!Special Features:
- Cozy and WarmOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2014I always enjoy going to this restaurant. The food is always fresh and delicious. I love siting outside and enjoying the garden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience.AmritRajDined on 10/17/2014We were there for our anniversary. Mark, our server was very courteous and greeted us by wishing a Happy Anniversary. He provided excellent service and the food was very good as well. Lastly the restaurant treated us a to a dessert on the house for the occasion - nice gesture and appreciated. Thank you for a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Duck... enough saidMondoDined on 10/16/2014Best duck I've ever had!!!! Brussels Sprouts were great too. Trout was good, Short Rib was "ok", but the Fritters were pretty bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs an upgradelunchfriendDined on 10/8/2014I ordered the chef's special, mahi mahi, which was so spicy hot with chili sauce that I could not eat it and sent it back. Just one bite was one bite too much; no taste other than hot chili peppers. My friend ordered the soup of the day which she described as just average. The waitress very pleasantly removed my special and brought me a menu. Not willing to trust the chef with any further creations, I ordered a cheeseburger, which was fine. I have been visiting this restaurant off and on since it opened and it seems to be on a downhill slope, based on my most recent visits.
- Nice people, OK placeATLNativeVIPDined on 10/6/2014Horseradish Grill has that leisurely, clubby, old moneyed south feel with a bit of cognitive dissonance caused by the school kids in their private school uniforms having a utility dinner with mom while the rest of us are "going out." The service was attentive but offhand and the food was average. (The grouper was battered, deep fried, and served over a bizarre concoction that was creamy and sweet. Grouper cries out for simple, not overwrought). We decided we liked the atmosphere but next time would have a salad and a wine at the bar.
- Great Brunch!CEH19VIPDined on 10/5/2014Went there for Sunday brunch, and it was amazing. Incredible Shrimp and Grits and biscuits to die for. Their JUICY pimento cheeseburger is fantastic as well.Special Features:
- Lost its Southern CharmOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014I think the Horseraddish Grill has seen its hay day and has lost its Southern charm. The
- Thanks Mike---OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Food and service could not have been better. Mike (my friend from the golf course) was very gracious and generous, a special thank you to him for sponsoring our dessert!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for GroupskatielikesfoodDined on 10/2/2014We regularly hold group lunches at this location, and have yet to be disappointed. The waitstaff is extremely attentive, and the food is delicious from appetizers to desserts. The menu changes with the seasons, and it's always exciting to see what they will have next. The trout was amazing! The outside area is beautiful and the inside is cozy. I would definitely recommend for groups, or for a date night. Great for business lunches too!Special Features:
- Chastain gemBraindocVIPDined on 9/27/2014We love our local elegant secret. The outdoor patio is perfect in the fall after dark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- scallopsedsreviewsDined on 9/24/2014I ordered the scallops which had a strange taste. I sent them back and ordered the trout which was very good.
- Always ExcellentSkizersDined on 9/24/2014Our recent lunch on the patio was excellent. The food was delicious, the service exceptional, and the setting relaxing and beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale southern foodTBGVLDGADined on 9/13/2014Good, upscale southern food without being too fancy. Just off Chastain Park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodFoodDined on 9/12/2014Every time we have visited the restaurant the food has been superb. We love going to the restaurant before we do a concert at Chastain Park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent specials and service.LindyDined on 9/6/2014Our server (Alex) was awesome, said the salmon special was best he ever had and my wife and I agreed. Pimento app was very filling, didn't need 4 of them with size of dinner portion. Great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the HRGshank56Dined on 9/6/2014Our party enjoyed the salmon special- wood smoked and grilled with a delicious sauce and fried okra. Also the grilled shrimp excellent. Still dreaming about the fried green tomato appetizer, which 3 of us split. Only concern is the size of the salads- $12 each for a caesar and a wedge- which were not big enough to split. Plated caesar consisted of 3-4 small romaine leaves. Wedge was 1/4 the size normally seen at most restaurants. Otherwise, meal was delicious and we would return.Special Features:
- Great experience!R2D2Dined on 9/3/2014OMG ... what a wonderful experience. We enjoyed the 'butternut squash soup', shrimp and grits (best I've ever had), fried green tomatoes and pecan pie (warmed) with whipped cream. We will return very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhredDined on 8/31/2014You won't be disappointed in the horsradish grill! The food was fresh, hot and seasoned to perfection! Try the pimento cheese fritters for an appetizer.....yum!Special Features:
- Limited menu but good foodjfoodhVIPDined on 8/27/2014Outdoor dining area is great on a pretty day Limited menu - wish there were more salad choices at lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseVictoriaDined on 8/26/2014In the 14 years I have live in Atlanta I had not made it to Horseradish before and it surpasses all expectations. Delicious!Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceCheleDined on 8/26/2014Wonderful Experience with my Broker. They enjoyed the food and the views. The Service was great. The staff was friendly and ready to serve our every need. Thank you for the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding findknowmyfoodDined on 8/25/2014horseradish grill had been on our radar but finally found our way there....it was more than we expected; food and service were as good as we have ever received and the price was much more reasonable than some newer trendy place that may be gone in a year.Special Features:
- Great ServiceLindaVIPDined on 8/24/2014Camille is a wonderful server! She is very attentive and has a great personality. She is a great asset to the restaurant and she helped make our dining experience very enjoyable.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/24/2014I have always book Horseradish Grill for birthdays and special occasions (going back to when it was the Red Barn Inn). This was a disappointing visit. I specified it was a birthday on the reservation - no mention. There was not a booth in the main dining room and the only available table near a pole. We opted for a booth in the bar area. The service was "fair"with little attention after the meal was served (no refills on water/drinks). We opted for dessert somewhere else. Has the restaurant lost that neighborhood feel where patrons are made to feel special?
- A bit more haute than cuisineNottoopickyDined on 8/22/2014The food was good, not great, the service was slow, we had to keep asking for things, but the location and building itself are Atlanta's southern charm at it's best. There probably isn't a better place to sit and enjoy a sweet tea or cocktail, but Atlanta is full better options if you want a refill or a really great meal.
- Group Dinner SuccesslmidoriDined on 8/20/2014I have used Horseradish Grill in the past for work functions and it proved to be a good choice once again. My out of towners loved the atmosphere and enjoyed the Southern charm and cuisine. They particularly enjoyed the Halibut offered that evening and the Grilled Flank Steak. We all tried Fried Green tomatoes for the first time and enjoyed them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemPatTed34Dined on 8/16/2014Horseradish Grill is a great find with wonderful food, great service and a real hot spot. My family and I especially love the convenience of the restaurant to Chastain Park when we attend concerts. The restaurant has a very friend atmosphere and is a hidden gem for Atlanta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Have eaten here several times and never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- somewhat overrated foodemreDined on 8/15/2014we went there as a party of three at 8 pm and was offered the option to have an outdoor table. we ordered our food at around 8.30. I have to say that the food was average at best (my rib eye steak was drown in a ridiculous sauce), nothing special. when it get dark though, we were virtually dining in the dark. No way to see what you are eating; so I assume the food was not much to look at either.Special Features: