Horseradish Grill - Buckhead
4320 Powers Ferry Road
Atlanta, GA 30342Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Horseradish Grill - Buckhead
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.horseradishgrill.com/
- Phone: 4042557277
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Saturday and Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern
- Executive Chef: David Berry
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Horseradish Grill - Buckhead
Horseradish Grill offers Atlanta's best taste of the New South in a beautiful and unique setting. Only minutes from the bustle of the Buckhead business district, our food, hospitality and service offer a welcome change and a special flavor of Atlanta.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthern
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Horseradish Grill - Buckhead - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Horseradish Grill - Buckhead reviews from OpenTable diners
199 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (136)great for outdoor dining (108)special occasion (88)fit for foodies (78)romantic (68)great for brunch (58)great for lunch (51)good for groups (40)scenic view (28)notable wine list (21)kid-friendly (15)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (8)Show More
- Upscale southern foodTBGVLDGADined on 9/13/2014Good, upscale southern food without being too fancy. Just off Chastain Park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodFoodDined on 9/12/2014Every time we have visited the restaurant the food has been superb. We love going to the restaurant before we do a concert at Chastain Park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent specials and service.LindyDined on 9/6/2014Our server (Alex) was awesome, said the salmon special was best he ever had and my wife and I agreed. Pimento app was very filling, didn't need 4 of them with size of dinner portion. Great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the HRGshank56Dined on 9/6/2014Our party enjoyed the salmon special- wood smoked and grilled with a delicious sauce and fried okra. Also the grilled shrimp excellent. Still dreaming about the fried green tomato appetizer, which 3 of us split. Only concern is the size of the salads- $12 each for a caesar and a wedge- which were not big enough to split. Plated caesar consisted of 3-4 small romaine leaves. Wedge was 1/4 the size normally seen at most restaurants. Otherwise, meal was delicious and we would return.Special Features:
- Great experience!R2D2Dined on 9/3/2014OMG ... what a wonderful experience. We enjoyed the 'butternut squash soup', shrimp and grits (best I've ever had), fried green tomatoes and pecan pie (warmed) with whipped cream. We will return very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhredDined on 8/31/2014You won't be disappointed in the horsradish grill! The food was fresh, hot and seasoned to perfection! Try the pimento cheese fritters for an appetizer.....yum!Special Features:
- Pleasant SurpriseVictoriaDined on 8/26/2014In the 14 years I have live in Atlanta I had not made it to Horseradish before and it surpasses all expectations. Delicious!Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceCheleDined on 8/26/2014Wonderful Experience with my Broker. They enjoyed the food and the views. The Service was great. The staff was friendly and ready to serve our every need. Thank you for the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding findknowmyfoodDined on 8/25/2014horseradish grill had been on our radar but finally found our way there....it was more than we expected; food and service were as good as we have ever received and the price was much more reasonable than some newer trendy place that may be gone in a year.Special Features:
- Great ServiceLindaVIPDined on 8/24/2014Camille is a wonderful server! She is very attentive and has a great personality. She is a great asset to the restaurant and she helped make our dining experience very enjoyable.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/24/2014I have always book Horseradish Grill for birthdays and special occasions (going back to when it was the Red Barn Inn). This was a disappointing visit. I specified it was a birthday on the reservation - no mention. There was not a booth in the main dining room and the only available table near a pole. We opted for a booth in the bar area. The service was "fair"with little attention after the meal was served (no refills on water/drinks). We opted for dessert somewhere else. Has the restaurant lost that neighborhood feel where patrons are made to feel special?
- A bit more haute than cuisineNottoopickyDined on 8/22/2014The food was good, not great, the service was slow, we had to keep asking for things, but the location and building itself are Atlanta's southern charm at it's best. There probably isn't a better place to sit and enjoy a sweet tea or cocktail, but Atlanta is full better options if you want a refill or a really great meal.
- Group Dinner SuccesslmidoriDined on 8/20/2014I have used Horseradish Grill in the past for work functions and it proved to be a good choice once again. My out of towners loved the atmosphere and enjoyed the Southern charm and cuisine. They particularly enjoyed the Halibut offered that evening and the Grilled Flank Steak. We all tried Fried Green tomatoes for the first time and enjoyed them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemPatTed34Dined on 8/16/2014Horseradish Grill is a great find with wonderful food, great service and a real hot spot. My family and I especially love the convenience of the restaurant to Chastain Park when we attend concerts. The restaurant has a very friend atmosphere and is a hidden gem for Atlanta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Have eaten here several times and never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- somewhat overrated foodemreDined on 8/15/2014we went there as a party of three at 8 pm and was offered the option to have an outdoor table. we ordered our food at around 8.30. I have to say that the food was average at best (my rib eye steak was drown in a ridiculous sauce), nothing special. when it get dark though, we were virtually dining in the dark. No way to see what you are eating; so I assume the food was not much to look at either.Special Features:
- Great for pre-Chastian dinnerladolcevitaatlantaVIPDined on 8/15/2014Lovely outdoor patio seating. Menu prices lean high. Halibut fresh and served atop white rice, lima beans and mushrooms, but IMHO it wasn't the best presentation. What’s with the panko topping that came right out of the container? The food looked bland, grey and gummy. Would have been better served with bok choy and organic baby carrots for a fresher, cleaner taste and better visual. Fried chicken was generous serving, perfectly fried with green beans and mac and cheese sides. Great comfort food, although beans should not be "al dente" in this case, and needed to be cooked thoroughly. Chocolate cake dessert at $9 very pricey. Leave your car, pay valet for parking and walk to the concert. Exceptional service and very friendly staff overall.Special Features:
- Lovely DiningAtlantaboundDined on 8/15/2014We were fortunate to secure an outdoor table, and were impressed that they had a fan running to keep us comfortable on a hot August evening. The halibut we ordered was phenomenal, and the desserts beautifully prepared and presented. The wait staff was professional, courteous and friendly. All in all, we will return again, as our experience was quite positive.Special Features:
- Best Meal everAtlvisitorVIPDined on 8/14/2014According to my husband who loved the trout and Brussels Sprouts and even the butternut squash puree. We sat in the courtyard with the most pleasant summer weather and enjoyed every bite.Special Features:
- Special for Birthday CelebrationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014I took my girlfriend to this restaurant for a nice birthday dinner, and we really enjoyed it. The staff was very friendly and gave outstanding service, and the food was outstanding. The restaurant even offered a complimentary dessert for us to enjoy in celebration.Special Features:
- Watch out-Chastain Concert Nights!MrEMachineDined on 8/12/2014Unfortunately the restaurant did not account for a concert at Chastain Park the night of our reservation and we were not seated until an hour after the open Table reservation time. Service was slow due to the crowd. The food was very good, but there should not have been availability indicated (or the restaurant should have watched for reservations rather than seating walk-ins in front of reservations) for the evening.Special Features:
- Pre- concert dinnerblondiemamaDined on 8/12/2014Love this place . The trout was excellent as always . The pimento cheese grits fritters were delicious . The biscuits were really disappointing . Cold , dry and dense . If you can not make light ,fluffy. warm and buttery biscuits do not make them at all. Please replace them with some cornbread . It allows for more creativity anyway . Jalapenos, corn , or cheese among other things can be included in the mix . As always, the service was great . We will be back .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A tasty birthday lunchOmnivorousInOrlandoDined on 8/12/2014I treated my beloved wife to a birthday lunch at Horseradish Grill during a family visit to Atlanta. We both ordered off the "starters" section of the menu, but our portions were quite enough to make a full lunch--especially with the help of the wonderful home-made biscuits that our server placed on the table before we ordered. Julia had the Spicy NC Style Smoked Pork Barbecue, which was served on a cornmeal pancake, and I had the Shrimp and Grits, which featured caramelized onions, fire roasted red peppers, and a lightly spiced sherry sauce. As usual, we sampled each others' dishes and we both agreed everything was superb. Service was friendly and attentive, and the lovely old building gives a stylishly homey vibe to the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicous meal in great ambianceEatingOutisOurHobbyVIPDined on 8/10/2014Sunday brunch in a cozy atmosphere. Delicious food, mountain trout with grits, everything fresh and beautifully cooked. The menu is so wide you could eat here for a month without repeating. Good service, attentive but not intrusive. Prices reasonable for the caliber of food. We should eat here more often!Special Features:
- Slightly SouthernMusicrockinrobinDined on 8/9/2014Southern Cuisine with a twist. Very friendly staff. Waiter Mark was great! Really enjoyed the food. Just enough conversation. Overall nearly purrrfect ; ) Thanks!Special Features:
- Cozy and CharmingSweetTreatsDined on 8/6/2014Perfect setting for a quiet, refined evening. A local favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service with a human touch...LivinginAtlantaDined on 8/5/2014The Horseradish Grill has always been known for a very balanced menu that incorporates both standards and creations. The server interaction is spectacular...Belinda was intuitive and attentive....she pleasantly engaged us in an appropriate and personal way. The net is the day was special and our return is both assured and anticipated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pre-Concert RestaurantnanfonDined on 8/2/2014Before attending a concert at Chastain Park Amplitheatre, we dined at Horseradish Grill. The food was very good, pork chops, scallops. The wine list was exceptional, although my cocktail was (whiskey sour) was not mixed well, so I would stick to beer and wine. Relaxed atmosphere, and our waitress suggested several desserts that would carry well to the concert for later enjoyment . I would like to dine again at Horseradish to try other dishes on the menuSpecial Features:
- OKRick45Dined on 7/30/2014Horseradish Grill used to be so nice and upscale. Was not. My trout was barely hot with tiny sides for $26? Bread was stale and horrible. Would never go back unless forced. Back in the day, this was the spot. Today NOT.Special Features:
- Not What It Used to BeOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/29/2014Very disappointing visit prior to the John Legend concert. We ordered a bottle of champagne from a very disgruntled bartender. The gardens are lovely, and the restaurant's ambiance will never be lost. The food quality, however, has truly declined. We were told our order was delayed due to a server dropping the plate and needing to re-fry the chicken; however, the chicken was ice cold in the center! (Almost as if they have started precooking it in order to simply reheat it when irdered. As well, the mashed potatoes now come out as a scoop of ice cream. They never played this terribly in the past.
- Nice lunch spotATLNativeDined on 7/29/2014I hadn't been to Horseradish in years, and was delighted to find that it is still a charming place. This was a business lunch, and we greatly appreciated the quiet atmosphere and unobtrusive but very good service. Valet parking at lunch. I had the vegetable plate, which was very well presented and quite fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't let them seat you in basementPTC1Dined on 7/26/2014It was out first visit. The restaurant looked great and the atmosphere very nice. Unfortunately they seated us in the basement with no windows and poor lighting. I can't believe they seat guests down there without notifying you of where you're going!! Very disappointing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WondieWondieVIPDined on 7/26/2014The food was excellent. Our waitress was great at recommending wines and food as well. It was our first time and will not be our last!! Thanks you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Concert StarterNealVIPDined on 7/23/2014Great place to go before a concert at Chastain. Great food, nice wine selection. . .no need to carry those darn baskets and coolers to the venue. We have had great food here several times a year, for many years, and have always had a great time.Special Features:
- Atlanta ClassicdineNwhineVIPDined on 7/20/2014Kicked up American comfort food, relaxed atmosphere, decent wine list and great service makes this a good choice anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, small portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/20/2014The food and ambience were great but the portions are ridiculously small! We left hungry after eating brunch there.Special Features:
- Expected moredzertzDined on 7/20/2014Loud, cramped dining room, disinterested waiter--had no response when told bar drinks were watery, food was prepared well though
- Just okAtldiner21Dined on 7/20/2014My mother and I went one Sunday for brunch, I read all the reviews and was excited. The food was good but nothing I would write home about, would I go back? Maybe. But probably for a different meal to see if I would ever eat there again. The service was what bugged me. Our waitress was nice but we didn't find out about the specials until the waiter at the next table told his table, that was a tad disappointing. Maybe we didn't get a good waiter this time but for the prices and the area I expect for them to be bother knowledgeable and at least pretend to be happy they're at work (I work retail I know it's not always the most fun to be at work haha) overall it was good but I would go somewhere new before there.Special Features:
- Surprisingly goodPapillonloverDined on 7/11/2014We were going to Chastain for the first time and wanted a restaurant close by so we only had to park once and walk to the concert. We waited at the bar and had a very generous pour on our Martina's from proffessional, sharp, efficient bartenders. We sat in a booth and noticed immediately that the music was not too loud and the lighting was bright enough to see your food. Both are deal breakers for me when eating out. The wait staff are quirky professional waiters. They are very attentive. The food comes out quickly and hot. But the best part is the amazing food. On the blackened shrimp and the prime rib special both dishes came with amazing sides and "lick your plate clean". sauces. Best biscuits and butter I ever hadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary mealMainegunnerDined on 7/8/2014We enjoyed the meal, great cocktails and generous wine glass pours. The complimentary dessert was a nice touch in our celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.