Hornblower Cruises & Events
Hornblower Landing at Pier 3
San Francisco, CA 94111Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
CalifornianPrice: $50 and over
Hornblower Cruises & Events
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hornblower.com/
- Phone: 4157888866x7
- Hours of Operation:
All prices and times are subject to change. Please include a contact phone number to confirm the cruise times. PRICING: *Please note special event and holiday cruise pricing may vary. *Tax, service charge and landing fee additional. Dinner Cruise: Sunday- Friday $101* per person, Saturday $117.00* per person. Brunch Cruise: Sat/Sun - $72* per person. *Tax, service charge and landing fee additional. Children 4-12 years receive a 40% discount off the regular adult price. Under 4 years are free. Please indicate all discounts in the special request box in order to ensure your card is charged correctly.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Hornblower is a full-service, in-house catering company. All meals are prepared freshly on board.
- Entertainment: Dinner Dance- Live Band for Listening or dancing
Brunch- Soloist or duo for listening
- Special Events: New Year’s Day
Opening Day on the Bay
Fourth of July
Fleet Week Blue Angels and Fireworks Dinner
Weekend Santa Brunch
Christmas Eve & Day
New Year's Eve
- Cross Street: Washington and Embarcadero
- Public Transit: Historic Street Car: F Line (Will drop you off on Washington St., Half block away).
Bus: #12, #1, and #41.
BART & MUNI: Embarcadero Station (8 Minute Walk to/from Hornblower Landing at Pier 3).
Ferries: Tiburon & Vallejo, Sausalito, Larkspur, Alameda/Oakland, Harbor Bay Island (drop you off at the Ferry Building, one block away)
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Limited on site public parking at Hornblower Landing is available for $10. Nearby metered parking and public parking garages and lots are also available.
*Hornblower Cruises and Events is not responsible for the metered parking lots.
*Please allow adequate time for parking and traffic. Boats are not held for late passengers.
A word from Hornblower Cruises & Events
Hornblower Cruises and Events offers champagne brunch cruises, dinner dance cruises, supper club cruises and lunch cruises for you to celebrate your special occasion. Enjoy the dazzling skyline of the "City by the Bay" including the landmark TransAmerica Pyramid, Embarcadero Center's four "fingers", and Coit Tower on Telegraph Hill. Cruise around Alcatraz Island, sail under the magnificent Golden Gate Bridge and enjoy the festive lights adorning the Bay Bridge at night.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hornblower Cruises & Events reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)good for groups (1)special occasion (1)scenic view (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Nice experiance but...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014Hornblower for mother's day was very nice. The wait staff was very attentive and friendly. Food was not exceptional but fine, everything was clean and well organized. The only complaint I have is that they made us feel a little like second class citizens when we checked in...she looked at our reservation and "Oh they made it from Open Table" it was even documented on the card they gave us with our table number. There was obviously a 'Mother's Day Package" as most tables had flowers and bottles of champagne but not ours! The was never even offered to us when the Hornblower called to confirm our reservation. Next time we know, call them direct!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 53 reviews are from the Hornblower Cruises & Events reviews archive.
- NY Eve SF Fireworks Buffet DinnerMrhungryDined on 12/31/2013Wonderful cruise out under the Golden Gate and then positioned perfectly by the Bay Bridge for a fabulous view of the San Francisco New Years Fireworks. Excellent decision to do this. Nice Buffet Dinner. Great party energy with 1000 other guests dining on one of 3 levels each with their own dance floor and DJ. Fun party hats and noisemakers included. Wine and Champaign complementary.Special Features:
- The staff was on top of theirLisaVIPDined on 10/27/2013The staff was on top of their game and made our special occasion even more special. Thanks Hornblower Cruises!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, romantic, incredibleLoveMyFoodVIPDined on 10/24/2013Wonderful, romantic, incredible way to see the city, dance and eat wonderful food,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out on the BayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2013Expensive, but enjoyable, did I say expensive already? Well it was! $400.00 for the two of us, out the door. Food was ok, not bad, but not worth the money. The cruise was well done and it was a smooth ride around the bay. Calm sea. Smoking outside on the decks should be limited and away from the doors... Anniversary and birthday event diners should get the window seats first. Seemed that the staff was stretched thin...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hornblower - Reservation ProblemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/28/2013I had a reservation for a party of eight on a Hornblower Cruise (celebration of my twin daughters birthday). We traveled more than fifty miles to attend this event, but we were told that this brunch cruise was over booked even though we had a confirmed reservation (Confirmation Number: 2665807). They said that it was a problem with the way the reservation was made by OpenTable. To say that this was a very underwhelming experience is an understatement! We have had many past great experiences including chartering the "San Francisco Spirit" for my wife's 50th birthday...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finding the dock and figuringOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/13/2012Finding the dock and figuring out what to do prior to boarding was a bit challenging. There's no official check-in area off the boat as you make your way through Pier 4. But once we were on, it was a delight! The service was prompt and courteous, the 4-course meal was thoughtful and prepared with care, and the live band performing didn't miss a beat. If you're looking for a cost efficient dinner adventure though, this is not for you. With tickets, meal upgrades and a few drinks with 20% tip, we were at $400! Hindsight, I would have optioned for another venue at half the cost, but if you do decide to cruise - make sure that's your final answer, because there's NO refunds.Special Features:
- The Dinner Cruise is Very Romantic!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/22/2012Beautiful views of the SF Bay, very romantic! I was on the Dinner Cruise - lower level - with the live band -- loved the atmosphere! I was with my fiance - there were mostly other couples around -- upper level of the boat was a DJ and more of a party atmosphere. Outside on the desk was very nice - great date night!Special Features:
- Taking the dinner cruise isOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 6/24/2012Taking the dinner cruise is not about dinner, but about the incredible views. Go for the views and you won't regret it. If you go hoping for a good meal, all bets are off.Special Features:
- Looking a little warn andTonyOVIPDined on 10/28/2011Looking a little warn and dated, but was very fun!Special Features:
- Over- ratedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/8/2011This booking, although confirmed by you was not confirmed by Hornblower, as full payment was required before the the event. Fortunately, I rang prior to confirm & was able to pay over the phone. They said that they had not received our contact details from Open Table & were unable to contact us. It is possibly a shame, that we managed to go to the dinner, as it was so poor & a complete waste of money. Embarkation was slow & badly organised, service was inefficient. Food quality & choice below average. Over priced for service & meal received. Fireworks mistimed, so that the main course had just been served when the fireworks were on.Never again!Special Features:
- Best Father's Day cruise ever!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/19/2011Best Father's Day cruise ever!! Much more then I expected. Would do it again!!
- Overall, we had a great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/12/2011Overall, we had a great time because our waitress was super nice. She even got us the chocolate dessert for my bf's bday even though we didn't order it. Then she got the singers on stage to sing happy birthday to him. That was special. But otherwise, the ship itself looks older and run down, the food was not as bad as other people think (perhaps my expectation was lowered because of all the negative food review). The experience of sailing around the bay, alcatraz, bay bridge, att park and under the GG bridge was what we paid for. We went during the dine about town specials so I got DAT but my bf got the regular menu. The difference in both was night and day. Mine was $35 but his was almost $100Special Features:
- Beautiful views, good entertainmentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/10/2011Really enjoyed trying something different, beautiful views and good music entertainment. The food was tasty but the service was not very good. Staff was friendly, but bottle of wine was not brought to table until after the first course was finished although we ordered wine and food at the same time.Special Features:
- To guarantee reservation,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/15/2011To guarantee reservation, recommend to also go to Hornblower main website to do online reservation and pay. Without pay, they don't hold reservation. I had issue trying to do online pay with their website but got help clearing it up once call/email them. Check weather on the days you go, Brunch really requires a nice sunny day to fully enjoy the scenery. Great time and kind service and food. Great for special occasion. Outside of ship will be windy so a jacket is good. Bring own camera is recommended.Special Features:
- Great ambiance, nice scenicOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/29/2011Great ambiance, nice scenic view of the san francisco bay. Great live band and dance floor. Though the food can be better. The prix fixed menu was not memorable.Special Features:
- I went here for Dine AboutGinaDined on 1/29/2011I went here for Dine About Town and paid $103. Dine about Town specials are regularly $34.95, but for Hornblower, it was a bit more. $15 each person was the charge for gratuities before boarding the ship. The food was good, service was very good, but I would not pay the regular $119 per person for a Saturday night Dinner/Dance cruise.
- We had a wonderful time onunsatisfiedVIPDined on 1/21/2011We had a wonderful time on the Hornblower which did a loop around Alcatraz, Angel Island, and even under the Golden Gate and Bay Bridges. It was wonderful, and the food was surprisingly really delicious.Special Features:
- A wonderful way to see theOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/21/2011A wonderful way to see the Bay Area from a different point of view, especially at night. I rated "ambiance" as outstanding as there is nothing more romantic that the SF Cityscape as your backdrop. Every couple needs to go on at least one Hornblower Date. Just make sure to take a Dramamine before hand as it is shaky leaving port!Special Features:
- This was a nice experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/13/2010This was a nice experience. It is very romantic with beautiful scenery. The food was ok, could of been better. Price is decent considering it is over 2 hrs of cruise. Over all, it is a nice experience and is very romantic.Special Features:
- it was a great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/13/2010it was a great experience. i was so excited when the golden gate bridge was just above us.Special Features:
- Nothing compares to the viewyum123VIPDined on 6/13/2010Nothing compares to the view from the water. The food was ok and service so so.Special Features:
- The dining experience is great;OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/9/2010The dining experience is great; However, the restaurant tries to save the shrimp appertizer to Dine about Town customers is a mistake. Obviously, the restaurant tries to treat Dine about Town customers a little differently that it does not make the restaurant to be high end. The manager, waitress, staff are great.Special Features:
- The weather was spectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/5/2010The weather was spectacular and the band was good and the views were amazing. The food was ok - nothing special, but who cares! One thing that was pleasantly surprising was how well everyone dressed! Its nice to see people dress like they care. I recommend that you brush off that nice dress and go out and enjoy a dinner and dancing cruise on the bay. PS - don't forget to dance~!Special Features:
- My boyfriend proposed to meOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/14/2010My boyfriend proposed to me on this trip. It was very special and the weather turned out to be very nice. It was a bit crowded and our server was not used to a full section. But we enjoyed ourselves. On the down side. We were called 1 hour b4 we were leaving to be canceled. They said they overbooked. My fiance booked the Monday b4 so we were very upset. He had made special arrangements for the proposal.We were offered a discount dinner but we really could not do it on a sunday night.I was also alergic to the food they serverd for dinner. After about 20 tense minutes on the phone we were told we could go and left right away. What started out a very bad day turned into a very memorable from begining to end.Special Features:
- It was definitely a greatNoviceCookDined on 1/31/2010It was definitely a great evening! We went there for my husband's birthday using Dine About Town. I would suggest either the brunch cruise or a dinner cruise in the summer. The scenic views of the bay disappear in the darkness near Angel Island. Food is OK, service is a little slow other than that we had a good time.Special Features:
- Went to catch up with 2 friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/30/2010Went to catch up with 2 friends I had not seen in a while & take advantage of the discounted dine about the bay offer. I have been on these dinner cruises before (normally around $100/person) and plan on going back. There was everything from birthdays to an anniversary being celebrated. The crowd is anyone from mid twenties to late fifties/sixties, or older. I do NOT recommend children. I'm not sure if it's just for adults or not, but children would not be advised. The live band was great. They had a full dance floor by the end of the night. Highly recommend going on one of these if you have never before. The (more expensive) New Years yacht cruise on the SF Spirit is by far the BEST though!Special Features:
- We enjoyed our HornblowerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/24/2010We enjoyed our Hornblower cruise on San Francisco Bay. A very nice meal selected as a part of Dine about Town. And the view was amazing!Special Features:
- Was a little disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/24/2010Was a little disappointed since our last experience several years ago was outstanding, elegant and lively. This time it was very lack-lustre with a smaller crowd. The food was okay, but did not match the grandeur of the gorgeous scenery around the bay. They need to kick it up a notch in the food presentation. Also, the live music failed to get people into the mood of dancing and romancing. The only redeeming feature of the whole experience was the fantastic view of the bay while cruising around it.Special Features:
- Enjoyable meal on the waterOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/17/2010Enjoyable meal on the water with a beautiful view of the bay at night. The food is well prepared and delicious.Special Features:
- I booked a cruise well overOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/14/2009I booked a cruise well over a month ago. I received 2 confirmation emails prior to the event. However, my name was not on their service list when I got there. It was truly embarrassing standing there pulling up my confirmation on the iPhone where other people were checking in. Finally, my fiance and I were seated near the band, we couldn't hear each other. I thought it was a deal to get Dine About Town rate, only to find out later they have charged full amount. Now, I will spend more time disputing. What a terrible service!!! I would like to give a zero for the service if I could. The nice romantic scenic view has been overpowered by their unethical service. I was thinking about a wedding rehearsal with them. Now, definitely noSpecial Features:
- On a clear day, the view isOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/13/2009On a clear day, the view is unbeatable. Considering that the venue is a boat, I was a little apprehensive about how the food would taste but it was very good! The entertainment was mid-age appropriate. Although I think it would be too cliche for a romantic occasion, the musicians do announce any special occasions that are being celebrated so that's a nice touch. If you're looking for a unique experience and a unique way to view the bay area give it a try.Special Features:
- I took my girlfriend for herOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/12/2009I took my girlfriend for her birthday, and she was amazingly surprised because we are locals but we saw San Francisco from a different view than the regular view we see every day. We enjoyed everything: the trip, the food, and some good company from the next table from Colorado. We went outside to enjoy the beautiful view and it was very romantic.Special Features:
- While service was good andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/5/2009While service was good and the food was tasty, by far the best part of the evening were the views. The views were spectacular! I've never seen the back of Alcatraz and Angel Island or the southern section of Tiberon. Also, standing on the deck while going under the Golden Gate and Bay Bridge were breath-taking. I'm not sure I would dine for the regular price ($125 per person) but for the Dine About San Francisco price of $35 per...it was a steal. I wish I brought more friends and spent more time out side.Special Features:
- the views of the bay was outstandinOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2009the views of the bay was outstanding,and the food was good the price was high but it was Valentine's day so the over price was expected but my girl loved it so thats all that matted i would go againSpecial Features:
- Why not have a covered areaOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/14/2009Why not have a covered area for folks to wait under prior to boarding the boat? I waited an hour in the cold and it was freezing. Better yet how about not having to work with Hornblower directly to complete the reservation - card and time were booked online. Speaking to Hornblower reservations was less than stellar. They don't tell you you have an assigned table, they don't answer questions clearly and frankly they seem very clerical in nature, not very fun or even pleasant. This is the hospitality business afterall I would prefer not to feel like I am ordering a pizza.Special Features:
- The best thing about thisOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/31/2009The best thing about this experience is the cruise around the bay. Spectacular views! It would be great if Hornblower would mention that there is an additional $11 service charge per person at the time the reservation is made. Food was OK.Special Features:
- I was celebrating my anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/31/2009I was celebrating my anniversary and I said it as I made reservations and they did nothing to make it a better experience. The dine about town menu was fine, nothign special. I do not like that they charge a gratuity before hand, my service was not worth that honestly. Anice set up and boat, and the route was nice, especially going under the two bridges :). Food took forever!
- overall dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/31/2009overall dining experience was very very poor. we were served 3 courses for the dine about town menu which was very sloppily presented, chicken breast was tough and tasted bland, not anywhere in the neighborhood of the "chipotle" flavor it was advertised to be. they seated us in a section specifically for the dine about town promo and that was what we got - poor service, bad food, bad ambiance. it didn't mean that we availed of a special promo that we get "discounted" service. i have been on this cruise for 5-6x now, trying to bring different friends to experience the magical time we had in the past. the 12 other people with me left completely dissastisfied with the experience and very disappointed. will never recommend this again.
- If you want a scenic viewOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/30/2009If you want a scenic view of san francisco with your high school cafeteria food you found your hot spot. I'm glad I came for dine about town where the rates were only 35$ a person plus a 30% additional charge for tax and service(mainly because the service you get you would be reluctant to even give a tip) But by all means don't come for the food. Presentation is sloppy, making it look like it came off of a buffet line. Taste is bland, and boring. Without the salt and pepper on the table it would have been hard to eat. One of the entrees we received was a crab cake and tilapia. It tasted like a frozen food dinner that they just zapped in the microwave yet they wanted an additional $12 to have this "premier" entree. Avoid this place!Special Features: