100 Centenial Way
Burnaby, BC V5A 2X9Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.horizonsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6042991155x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Winter Lunch: Closed Monday & Tuesday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest, International
- Executive Chef: John Garrett
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Horizons Restaurant
A window-wrapped dining room offers a commanding view of the surrounding park-like setting; Burnaby and Vancouver below, as well as views of Burrard Inlet and Indian Arm. A popular tourist attraction - Horizons is best known for its fantastic menu, spectacular views and its comfortable, cozy accents.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Horizons Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Burnaby ›
Horizons Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
208 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (188)special occasion (148)romantic (108)fit for foodies (63)good for groups (63)neighborhood gem (58)great for brunch (54)great for outdoor dining (49)great for lunch (49)notable wine list (27)kid-friendly (15)hot spot (11)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great view, food okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014The view is spectacular, but 2nd time we've been in last few months and both times my husband's lamb was over cooked!! Overall it was good but quite noisy so not the place if you're looking for a romantic quiet dinner!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service??kj1932Dined on 9/22/2014The food wasn't bad. Nothing to really write home about, but not bad. The service, however, was absolutely awful. at a restaurant where I'm paying $100 for two people to eat, I'm expecting some pretty excellent service. 15 minutes after we were seated, our server finally took our first drink order. It wasn't until after she left, that our water glasses were filled. And once we were nearly finished our meals, she asked if we wanted our bread basket that was previously forgotten. We didn't bother. I might have thought more of the food if the service was better, but all in all we were pretty unimpressed and probably won't be returning.Special Features:
- Good food, service and environmenthkjosephDined on 9/21/2014Well matching with the restaurant name "Horizons" - we love the atmosphere here, quiet and romantic, with excellent scenic view. The food, wow, we all love the food, same good taste as the scenic view as outside. The service is the best in town. We all enjoy very much and sure will come back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/21/2014Horizons has a great, reasonably priced omelette bar brunch plus a menu. Great choices for everyone, they even have a kids menu!Special Features:
- sunset over Vancouvereat4funDined on 9/20/2014Great restaurant, with excellent food and service. Regular deals bring the reasonable prices to lower levels. Book a table to match the sunset and see Vancouver and the surrounds at it's best.Special Features:
- We love it!PianoloversDined on 9/19/2014My family always loves dining at Horizons. It is the place we usually go for special occasion. We love the food and the view.Special Features:
- mindDined on 9/13/2014Ambiance is excellent. We were seated by the window so was able to watch the sunset- it was beautiful sight. The weather was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning view best outdoor patioView2viewDined on 9/13/2014The view, ambiance & seafood were all excellent - our waiter seemed a bit over tired or perhaps over extended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReliablemealticketDined on 9/12/2014Had numerous meetings and birthdays, etc over the years here. Always good food, friendly service and great view. Reliable for a good meal out whether lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerDinner42Dined on 9/7/2014The service was friendly and fast. They were able to accommodate request for a window seat. Decor is just okay but Horizons has a great view west from Bby to Vancouver - this was the primary selection factor. Dinner is best served with clear skies. Great for an anniversary.Special Features:
- HappyDinerDined on 9/6/2014Horizons has been our family favorite for years now, we rarely have less than a perfect experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014Loved it overall. A group of 20 seniors arrived shortly after us and the servers were pressed to serve all the tables after that. It was a good half hour wait between starter and main course. Other than that, the food was excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014Not enaf: - just a little bit more light on a table! - music! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Views are specatularJayODined on 8/30/2014Our party of four ordered a variety of dishes, some were hits(the Bison carpaccio for starters) and some were misses(the smoked sable fish). Overall a $320 bill for an average dinner for four was quite high, but the staff were attentive, the views amazing and the ambience was good.Special Features:
- generalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Food was outstanding as was the service considering there had been a systems problem as we arrived.Special Features:
- Horizons wonderful againhuntinggoodfood2eatVIPDined on 8/30/2014This restaurant has become one of our favorites. The food is great, the view amazing, service is good to excellent. We had the Chefs Special. The Alder smoked oysters Yum, Rock Fish entree was delicious and we shared the amazing dessert. Wine List includes lots of local wines that go very well with the food. Our favorite place to take guests. I have even bought the cookbook and love it too. I take my handicapped mother here for Brunch often. The Omelet Bar has something for everyone and the menu items are not just eggs. The Seafood crepes are terrific but enough for 2 people so we share. The Gnocchi with Forest Mushrooms YUM. Prices are very reasonable for delicious food. Must go to Restaurant. Get on the mailing list for monthly specialsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experiencejerryDined on 8/30/2014It's very surprise to me for its view although I think it should be good. The service and food are good, too.Special Features:
- Mediocre, "processed" feelinglost2getherDined on 8/29/2014It has been quite a while since our last visit; sadly nothing has improved. The fare is mediocre -- with a new twist; they charge for bread. Seriously, we order a $50+ bottle of wine, 2 appies @ $13+ each and two entrées at $30 each and you need to throw in a $2 "gotcha" for a few slices of baguette. The food was okay, not memorable or fine dining calibre. The service was okay, but the whole experience felt "processed". In and out in an hour and ten minutes. Not exactly a $160 dining experience. Amazing view -- pack a sandwich; skip the restaurant. Not going back.Special Features:
- Good Food, Basic Decor, High PricesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Rebuilt after a fire with very basic decor like most family restaurants. Staff very nice, our waiter very professional and looked after us well. The food was good although more expensive than other fine dining facilities like Cloud Nine, but minus the "fine dining feel". The thing that disappointed was that in spite of my advising them in the special request section of their website reservation, my wife's birthday was not acknowledged. Since we are accustomed to a piece of cake being given for special occasions at other establishments, I asked on the way out and was told that they do not do that, but that they put a candle in something you order (which did not happen either). Other establishments happily share in our celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you:O)OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/29/2014Thank you for the wonderful view table that we had requested...the food, service and view was all wonderful, definitely would return!Special Features:
- Good ExperienceDinerDined on 8/28/2014Great ambiance, enthusiastic staff, and decadent menu but very little price differentiation for menu items in the same category. We were seated for ten minutes before being greeted by our server which is a few minutes too many and with a menu of this caliber you need to make your guests feel important. Good overall experience. I recommend the three-course meal for $39.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Recently we celebrated a birthday at Horizon's and it remains a favourite restaurant. Fortunately, there was also a beautiful sunset that evening - to add to our enjoyment. The service was excellent and the food very good. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but tastyBear1675Dined on 8/26/2014Quality fresh ingredients. Most entrees at 30 dollars, with a few at 20. But u get what u pay for. Service was great. We were a party of 8. Midweek was not that busy. So the noise and ambience was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PickyPickyDined on 8/26/2014It's the perfect setting, if the weather's clear and dry, to entertain visitors from out of town. The meals and service have never disappointed, and an after lunch stroll in the park is a great way to extend your visit with your guests.Special Features:
- Poor food and understaffedDougDined on 8/25/2014Almost every part of dinner at Horizons was disappointing. The pulled pork spring rolls were tiny with almost no pork, the steak came out cool, chewy and pretty tasteless, the mashed potatoes were bland, and while the short ribs were cooked perfectly they lacked flavour. Our server was very nice and the steak was taken off the bill, but there weren't enough servers for the restaurant so the service was quite slow. The only enjoyable part of dinner was the great view of Vancouver, but that's not enough for us to go back.Special Features:
- BrunchIriamDined on 8/24/2014We had an enjoyable brunch the food was tasty but not too heavy or greasySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014The food is outstanding, the wait staff friendly and professional and the manager Yvonne is an absolute charmer. I look forward to my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!megginthegreatDined on 8/23/2014Always a fantastic experience. Food is great, staff are fantastic and they do a great job with the kids! No actual kid menu, but they will make a variety of items for them. Maple salmon is so great that I've consistently ordered it for YEARS! Everything is fresh and delish! I'll be going again soon :)Special Features:
- northshoreloverDined on 8/23/2014This is one of our favourite dining places. So scenic for us to take a short stroll after a great dinner. Overall great dining experience.Special Features:
- A Great place for every occasion!!meganDined on 8/22/2014Best food every. Wine list was amazing and the service was fantastic. Great restaurant. I would not recomed making a reservation online as it did not work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinoutfanDined on 8/22/2014Enjoyed the food, the service and they were accommodating regarding change of tables.Special Features:
- Memorable birthday mealspecialniteDined on 8/19/2014Once again Horizon's did not disappoint us with their food and service. We went there for my wife's birthday and had a window seat overlooking the beautiful city of Vancouver on a summer evening. The service was impeccable, the food cooked to perfection, and overall a very enjoyable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousCookieDined on 8/18/2014This is not the first time that we have been to Horizons. We always pick it for family events and Monday was our Persian New Year. The food was delicious and the service friendly, efficient and excellent. Have had this waitress many times and she always lives up to her reputation. We were lucky and the view was fantastic. Informed all friends of the August special and to make sure to come over to bring back so many good memories. The desert was out of this worldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good this this time roundOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2014Service and food were great this time round. Previous visit a hit and miss with regards to service and food.Special Features:
- Nice LocationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2014It's a beautiful spot, and a well decorated space. The service was good but a little slow, it took a very long time to get our entree, but it was a very nice place to celebrate a special occasion with my family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner... MehDarrenDined on 8/14/2014I always enjoyed going to Horizons and have been there half a dozen times already. I wanted to take my father there as it was his birthday. Overall, We didn't really have a good experience. First off, the waiter took too long to come over to place our order (15-20 minutes). The food took a while to come and the "3 course meal" wasn't a 3 course meal, it was a 2 course meal because we had to share the dessert! Secondly, I expected to have a complimentary birthday dessert for my father but that didn't happen as well.. We all had to share the so called dessert that was on the 3 corse menu. When I went to Horizons before, my cousin had a complimentary birthday dessert, what happened this time?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service at HorizonsMAGMDined on 8/13/2014This restaurant has a good selection of sea food, liquors and desserts. A bit pricey compared to other restaurants in town but in a great spot with scenic view and well trained, very pleasant service that makes huge difference to any other dinning place around.Special Features:
- best of bc menuclipperDined on 8/13/2014this menu is really good. it is only on for the month of august. i had the panfried oysters and the steak (which was covered with chanterelle mushrooms I believe). The steak was so tender and full of flavour.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceGreatFood2Dined on 8/9/2014Besides the smaller portions of food which was expected, the ambiance and the view was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unhappy AnniversaryburnabyproudDined on 8/9/2014We hadn't been to Horizons in more than ten years, so thought we'd give it a try for our anniversary. Though we had a reservation for a window seat, we were offered a patio table which we gladly accepted. The house martini was delicious, it was a beautiful warm night and the scenery and views were amazing. My Husband had a shrimp appetizer and Cioppino and loved them both. My Barnston Island salad was delicious, but I can't say the same for my rare New York Steak, twice it came out well done on a screaming hot plate! I ate it anyway and the flavour was ok, but I was so disappointed. We were comp'd our martinis, but that didn't save the night. I'm willing to give them another chance, but right now Hubby says we'll wait another ten years.Special Features: