100 Centenial Way
Burnaby, BC V5A 2X9Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.horizonsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6042991155x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Winter Lunch: Closed Monday & Tuesday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest, International
- Executive Chef: John Garrett
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Horizons Restaurant
A window-wrapped dining room offers a commanding view of the surrounding park-like setting; Burnaby and Vancouver below, as well as views of Burrard Inlet and Indian Arm. A popular tourist attraction - Horizons is best known for its fantastic menu, spectacular views and its comfortable, cozy accents.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Horizons Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Burnaby ›
Horizons Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
211 reviews since April 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (194)special occasion (151)romantic (99)good for groups (58)great for brunch (56)neighborhood gem (50)great for lunch (49)fit for foodies (47)great for outdoor dining (47)notable wine list (23)kid-friendly (19)hot spot (8)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Birthday dinner... MehDarrenDined on 8/14/2014I always enjoyed going to Horizons and have been there half a dozen times already. I wanted to take my father there as it was his birthday. Overall, We didn't really have a good experience. First off, the waiter took too long to come over to place our order (15-20 minutes). The food took a while to come and the "3 course meal" wasn't a 3 course meal, it was a 2 course meal because we had to share the dessert! Secondly, I expected to have a complimentary birthday dessert for my father but that didn't happen as well.. We all had to share the so called dessert that was on the 3 corse menu. When I went to Horizons before, my cousin had a complimentary birthday dessert, what happened this time?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service at HorizonsMAGMDined on 8/13/2014This restaurant has a good selection of sea food, liquors and desserts. A bit pricey compared to other restaurants in town but in a great spot with scenic view and well trained, very pleasant service that makes huge difference to any other dinning place around.Special Features:
- best of bc menuclipperDined on 8/13/2014this menu is really good. it is only on for the month of august. i had the panfried oysters and the steak (which was covered with chanterelle mushrooms I believe). The steak was so tender and full of flavour.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceGreatFood2Dined on 8/9/2014Besides the smaller portions of food which was expected, the ambiance and the view was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unhappy AnniversaryburnabyproudDined on 8/9/2014We hadn't been to Horizons in more than ten years, so thought we'd give it a try for our anniversary. Though we had a reservation for a window seat, we were offered a patio table which we gladly accepted. The house martini was delicious, it was a beautiful warm night and the scenery and views were amazing. My Husband had a shrimp appetizer and Cioppino and loved them both. My Barnston Island salad was delicious, but I can't say the same for my rare New York Steak, twice it came out well done on a screaming hot plate! I ate it anyway and the flavour was ok, but I was so disappointed. We were comp'd our martinis, but that didn't save the night. I'm willing to give them another chance, but right now Hubby says we'll wait another ten years.Special Features:
- Great but standardSabineDined on 8/8/2014You usually can't go wrong at horizons but the menu still totally lacks innovation. The shrimp cocktail was small but the lamb was excellent. The homemade ice cream is also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lumcheon at HorizonsCharlieDined on 8/8/2014The food was good, though not extraordinary. The tagliatelle with clams was fine, with plenty of clams. A few more non-sea-food choices would be appreciated by those who do not like seafood. The service was outstanding - attentive without being fussy.Special Features:
- RickDined on 8/7/2014Service was excellent as was the food...the views of Vancouver were outstanding.Special Features:
- Best View! Amazing Food!2foodiesDined on 8/5/2014We go here every year for our anniversary and Horizons never disappoints. The food is always amazing and you just can't beat the grounds surrounding the restaurant, with the beautiful rose garden and the Japanese totem poles. And the view is stunning!Special Features:
- !8th Wedding Anniversary...PoetrySallyDined on 8/4/2014It was a wonderful way to spend our 18th Wedding Anniversary... I mentioned it when I made the reservation and they brought us a celebratory glass of champagne at the end of our meal! It was truly delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view and really good foodbubsDined on 8/3/2014Portions were a bit small, but the food was very fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent locationSeanDined on 8/3/2014Great food, great view. Just a great place to eat. The patio is spectacular and the view of the city is amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh yes!JustPeakingDined on 8/2/2014Once again, our favourite restaurant did not disappoint. We chose a late seating so we could see the fireworks. Our food (oysters and cioppino) was exquisite, the wine, delicious and the dessert "Sampler" - out of this world. Our waiter was attentive but not intrusive. Another stellar evening at Horizons!Special Features:
- On Top of the MountainkhenzDined on 8/2/2014A perfect place to enjoy the delights of BC Seafood and other delectable entrees. The view of the city was fantastic to say the least, even got to see some of the Celebration of Lights Fireworks display.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014some of the old-timers have forgotten about this lovely spot so I have reminded them and told them about the good food. I do hope they get there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousDined on 7/27/2014the food was over the top fantastic. Our waiter was abit odd. leaned right into the middle of the table and almost whispered asking us how our meal was....he was nice....but odd. older gentleman.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view.sarlalaeatsDined on 7/26/2014A nice place to spend the afternoon having lunch and taking a walk with family or friends of all ages. Beautiful views.Special Features:
- Good Food - be prepared to waitJannyMaxDined on 7/23/2014Our experience food-wise was almost perfect - stay away from the lamb shank, tho'. Service overall was extremely slow. If it had been a nice evening that would have made it better, but the clouds hid the city and that was too bad. Go on a nice day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceWebster4848Dined on 7/23/2014Respectful and courteous service. They took the time to recognize our celebration and made it very special with wonderful service and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the locationeatoutDined on 7/23/2014The view from the restaurant was icing on the cake; the service and food matched the setting and view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Had a lovely dinner here for a special occasion. Service was extremely attentive. Loved the seafood selection.Special Features:
- Lunch get togetherluv2eatDined on 7/22/2014We dined at Horizon's on July 22/14. We were seated promptly and had a table with a very good view. Since salmon is in season now, I had the Alder BBQ salmon. The salmon was tasty ( slightly overcooked, should be medium ) The Mango sauce was a bit bland, it should have had a mustard sauce. My husband had the Maple salmon because he had it before and was very impressed, only this time it was not as good as it was then. My brother-in-law had the Coconut prawns and seemed to really enjoy them. Overall the meal was good, not exceptional. The view from this restaurant is great. They have nice rose gardens and play areas for kids, all-in-all a very nice spot to have lunch on a sunny day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeweyDined on 7/20/2014My wife and I had dinner at Horizons for our wedding anniversary. It was our first time going there, and we both agreed we would return. The food was very nicely prepared, a lot of care went into sourcing locally and organically, presentation was well done. Service was unobtrusive but friendly. The weather was not conducive to sitting outside, but the windows afforded a lovely view of the park and the city beyond. Overall, a lovely evening out. We also received a coupon for a discount next time, which we weren't expecting. Nice surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View excellent, food disappointingDissappointedDined on 7/19/2014Saturday evening chef special "lamb shank was like a piece of dried beef jerky. It came with risotto but I requested mash potatoes. When served in a bowl it was appropriate, as I could almost drink the potatoes, there was too much liquid addedSpecial Features:
- Wonderful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014We picked Horizons because it was close to home and offers a great view of Vancouver for our visiting family from Australia. The service was excellent and the food was outstanding. Our party of 8 thoroughly enjoyed a variety of appetizers including the Tuna Tataki (delicious!), fresh mozzarella and tomato and pulled pork belly spring rolls. The main course meals were excellent and according to our guests "Some of the best food they've had while visiting Vancouver".Special Features:
- PRETTY BIRDSPrettyBirdsDined on 7/16/2014Our birthday dinner was very good -- and close attention was paid to our daughter's allergies.Special Features:
- MISSDVDDined on 7/15/2014Everything about our experience at Horizon's was amazing. It was our 25th Wedding Anniversary and we decided to try Horizon's and we were not disappointed. Both the food and service were top notch. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- the view was nicesalmonphileDined on 7/14/2014We went to Horizons for our anniversary when a local friend suggested we go there rather than drive over to North Vancouver to its sister restaurant, the Salmon House. I wish we hadn't changed our reservation to Horizons: It was priced as though it should have been amazing, but sadly the view and the clean bathroom were the highlights of the evening. The service was fair/poor, the salmon was less exciting than I expected. The apetizer was tasteless, my husband had the maple salmon which was very good, I got the sockeye and it was dry and flavorless. We had better food at the Cool Cactus chain for half the price and twice the service. We won't go back.Special Features:
- MiltDined on 7/14/2014Wi be there this Friday with 10 people again. Getting a great view is the icing on the cakeSpecial Features:
- Perfect dayHurk61Dined on 7/12/2014Great food, beautiful view and great service! I can't say anything bad about this restaurant. My water glass was never empty all night and I had a great time with my girlfriend. I couldn't ask for a perfect date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful settingTheWineTeacherDined on 7/12/2014Horizon’s Restaurant Perched atop Burnaby Mountain is Horizon’s restaurant surrounded by scenic gardens and stunning views of Vancouver, the inlet and the North Shore mountains. I was there recently to celebrate my son and daughter-in-law’s seventh anniversary. It was a beautiful warm summer evening and as we arrived a half hour early, we spent some time wandering around and enjoying the sights. The totem poles and the rose gardens were particularly impressive. For a lovely night out, especially if you have guests new to Vancouver, give Horizon’s on Burnaby Mountain a try and allow time before or after dinner for a stroll around the grounds.Special Features:
- Anniversary LunchFreddyDined on 7/11/2014It was our 34th Wedding Anniversary and we went for lunch. Very pleasant. It was a beautiful day which amplified the magnificence of the location. The waitress was excellent. The food was good, the portions a little small maybe! Enough for me but for a big person maybe not. Overall an excellent lunch experience. I would definately recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JIMCDined on 7/10/2014Our server was very professional & helpful. The food was quite good & our salad was really exceptional. We often come here for special occasions & to entertain out of town guests. They always like the experience & so we continue do do this. The surrounding pak is also a nice part of the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely worthwhile65thDined on 7/10/2014Immediately on arriving our waiter was very attentive to our table. Food was beautifully prepared, delicious. Charging for table buns should be eliminated.Menu could have a couple of less attractive items for folks who are not so high end. Say simple pasta or even a burger??we had the dessert sampler it was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining At HorizonsluvtoeatoutDined on 7/9/2014We had a wonderful experience at Horizons! Loved everything. The food was fabulous, service was good, view spectacular! Thank you.luvSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food - Unpleasant StaffAloyAndSaphiDined on 7/2/2014I choose this place for its menu, good view and location which is easily approachable from all sides of greater Vancouver. I sensed the low energy in front of the house. None of the staffs smiles or greets the customers. I felt like I'm not welcomed even though I had a reservation. We were seated in table for more than 10 minutes and none of the staff attended us. I saw servers moving around looking at us and ignoring us completely. I left my table to alert the management to send someone to my table. 5 STAR - FOOD. RICH IN FLAVOR. COOKED TO PERFECTION. I recommend this place for its excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View!!derswickDined on 7/1/2014Great view on a clear evening. Mountains, water and sunset. I had the steak and it was alright, not outstanding.Special Features:
- Thank youOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014It's a great spot with a wonderful view. Staff where excellent, accommodating and helpful.Special Features:
- Great viewgdouce52Dined on 6/28/2014Had a very good dinner here and the views are stunning. Service was prompt and the prices reasonable. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/27/2014We have not been to Horizons for over six years and though we would see if things improved! THe food prpearation was poorly prepared! Everything was overcooked. We won't be returning again unless a professionally run firm has the establishment! The decor was out dated and sterile!Special Features: