100 Centenial Way
Burnaby, BC V5A 2X9Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.horizonsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6042991155x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Winter Lunch: Closed Monday & Tuesday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest, International
- Executive Chef: John Garrett
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Horizons Restaurant
A window-wrapped dining room offers a commanding view of the surrounding park-like setting; Burnaby and Vancouver below, as well as views of Burrard Inlet and Indian Arm. A popular tourist attraction - Horizons is best known for its fantastic menu, spectacular views and its comfortable, cozy accents.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Horizons Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Burnaby ›
Horizons Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
224 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (206)special occasion (156)romantic (105)good for groups (66)great for brunch (59)neighborhood gem (55)great for lunch (55)fit for foodies (55)great for outdoor dining (50)notable wine list (28)kid-friendly (22)hot spot (9)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- generalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Food was outstanding as was the service considering there had been a systems problem as we arrived.Special Features:
- Nice experiencejerryDined on 8/30/2014It's very surprise to me for its view although I think it should be good. The service and food are good, too.Special Features:
- Mediocre, "processed" feelingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014It has been quite a while since our last visit; sadly nothing has improved. The fare is mediocre -- with a new twist; they charge for bread. Seriously, we order a $50+ bottle of wine, 2 appies @ $13+ each and two entrées at $30 each and you need to throw in a $2 "gotcha" for a few slices of baguette. The food was okay, not memorable or fine dining calibre. The service was okay, but the whole experience felt "processed". In and out in an hour and ten minutes. Not exactly a $160 dining experience. Amazing view -- pack a sandwich; skip the restaurant. Not going back.Special Features:
- Good Food, Basic Decor, High PricesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Rebuilt after a fire with very basic decor like most family restaurants. Staff very nice, our waiter very professional and looked after us well. The food was good although more expensive than other fine dining facilities like Cloud Nine, but minus the "fine dining feel". The thing that disappointed was that in spite of my advising them in the special request section of their website reservation, my wife's birthday was not acknowledged. Since we are accustomed to a piece of cake being given for special occasions at other establishments, I asked on the way out and was told that they do not do that, but that they put a candle in something you order (which did not happen either). Other establishments happily share in our celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you:O)OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/29/2014Thank you for the wonderful view table that we had requested...the food, service and view was all wonderful, definitely would return!Special Features:
- Good ExperienceDinerDined on 8/28/2014Great ambiance, enthusiastic staff, and decadent menu but very little price differentiation for menu items in the same category. We were seated for ten minutes before being greeted by our server which is a few minutes too many and with a menu of this caliber you need to make your guests feel important. Good overall experience. I recommend the three-course meal for $39.Special Features:
- Pricey but tastyBear1675Dined on 8/26/2014Quality fresh ingredients. Most entrees at 30 dollars, with a few at 20. But u get what u pay for. Service was great. We were a party of 8. Midweek was not that busy. So the noise and ambience was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PickyPickyDined on 8/26/2014It's the perfect setting, if the weather's clear and dry, to entertain visitors from out of town. The meals and service have never disappointed, and an after lunch stroll in the park is a great way to extend your visit with your guests.Special Features:
- Poor food and understaffedDougDined on 8/25/2014Almost every part of dinner at Horizons was disappointing. The pulled pork spring rolls were tiny with almost no pork, the steak came out cool, chewy and pretty tasteless, the mashed potatoes were bland, and while the short ribs were cooked perfectly they lacked flavour. Our server was very nice and the steak was taken off the bill, but there weren't enough servers for the restaurant so the service was quite slow. The only enjoyable part of dinner was the great view of Vancouver, but that's not enough for us to go back.Special Features:
- BrunchIriamDined on 8/24/2014We had an enjoyable brunch the food was tasty but not too heavy or greasySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014The food is outstanding, the wait staff friendly and professional and the manager Yvonne is an absolute charmer. I look forward to my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!megginthegreatDined on 8/23/2014Always a fantastic experience. Food is great, staff are fantastic and they do a great job with the kids! No actual kid menu, but they will make a variety of items for them. Maple salmon is so great that I've consistently ordered it for YEARS! Everything is fresh and delish! I'll be going again soon :)Special Features:
- northshoreloverDined on 8/23/2014This is one of our favourite dining places. So scenic for us to take a short stroll after a great dinner. Overall great dining experience.Special Features:
- A Great place for every occasion!!meganDined on 8/22/2014Best food every. Wine list was amazing and the service was fantastic. Great restaurant. I would not recomed making a reservation online as it did not work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinoutfanDined on 8/22/2014Enjoyed the food, the service and they were accommodating regarding change of tables.Special Features:
- Memorable birthday mealspecialniteDined on 8/19/2014Once again Horizon's did not disappoint us with their food and service. We went there for my wife's birthday and had a window seat overlooking the beautiful city of Vancouver on a summer evening. The service was impeccable, the food cooked to perfection, and overall a very enjoyable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousCookieDined on 8/18/2014This is not the first time that we have been to Horizons. We always pick it for family events and Monday was our Persian New Year. The food was delicious and the service friendly, efficient and excellent. Have had this waitress many times and she always lives up to her reputation. We were lucky and the view was fantastic. Informed all friends of the August special and to make sure to come over to bring back so many good memories. The desert was out of this worldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good this this time roundOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2014Service and food were great this time round. Previous visit a hit and miss with regards to service and food.Special Features:
- Nice LocationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2014It's a beautiful spot, and a well decorated space. The service was good but a little slow, it took a very long time to get our entree, but it was a very nice place to celebrate a special occasion with my family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner... MehDarrenDined on 8/14/2014I always enjoyed going to Horizons and have been there half a dozen times already. I wanted to take my father there as it was his birthday. Overall, We didn't really have a good experience. First off, the waiter took too long to come over to place our order (15-20 minutes). The food took a while to come and the "3 course meal" wasn't a 3 course meal, it was a 2 course meal because we had to share the dessert! Secondly, I expected to have a complimentary birthday dessert for my father but that didn't happen as well.. We all had to share the so called dessert that was on the 3 corse menu. When I went to Horizons before, my cousin had a complimentary birthday dessert, what happened this time?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service at HorizonsMAGMDined on 8/13/2014This restaurant has a good selection of sea food, liquors and desserts. A bit pricey compared to other restaurants in town but in a great spot with scenic view and well trained, very pleasant service that makes huge difference to any other dinning place around.Special Features:
- best of bc menuclipperDined on 8/13/2014this menu is really good. it is only on for the month of august. i had the panfried oysters and the steak (which was covered with chanterelle mushrooms I believe). The steak was so tender and full of flavour.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceGreatFood2Dined on 8/9/2014Besides the smaller portions of food which was expected, the ambiance and the view was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unhappy AnniversaryburnabyproudDined on 8/9/2014We hadn't been to Horizons in more than ten years, so thought we'd give it a try for our anniversary. Though we had a reservation for a window seat, we were offered a patio table which we gladly accepted. The house martini was delicious, it was a beautiful warm night and the scenery and views were amazing. My Husband had a shrimp appetizer and Cioppino and loved them both. My Barnston Island salad was delicious, but I can't say the same for my rare New York Steak, twice it came out well done on a screaming hot plate! I ate it anyway and the flavour was ok, but I was so disappointed. We were comp'd our martinis, but that didn't save the night. I'm willing to give them another chance, but right now Hubby says we'll wait another ten years.Special Features:
- Great but standardSabineDined on 8/8/2014You usually can't go wrong at horizons but the menu still totally lacks innovation. The shrimp cocktail was small but the lamb was excellent. The homemade ice cream is also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lumcheon at HorizonsCharlieDined on 8/8/2014The food was good, though not extraordinary. The tagliatelle with clams was fine, with plenty of clams. A few more non-sea-food choices would be appreciated by those who do not like seafood. The service was outstanding - attentive without being fussy.Special Features:
- RickDined on 8/7/2014Service was excellent as was the food...the views of Vancouver were outstanding.Special Features:
- Best View! Amazing Food!2foodiesDined on 8/5/2014We go here every year for our anniversary and Horizons never disappoints. The food is always amazing and you just can't beat the grounds surrounding the restaurant, with the beautiful rose garden and the Japanese totem poles. And the view is stunning!Special Features:
- !8th Wedding Anniversary...PoetrySallyDined on 8/4/2014It was a wonderful way to spend our 18th Wedding Anniversary... I mentioned it when I made the reservation and they brought us a celebratory glass of champagne at the end of our meal! It was truly delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view and really good foodbubsDined on 8/3/2014Portions were a bit small, but the food was very fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent locationSeanDined on 8/3/2014Great food, great view. Just a great place to eat. The patio is spectacular and the view of the city is amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh yes!JustPeakingDined on 8/2/2014Once again, our favourite restaurant did not disappoint. We chose a late seating so we could see the fireworks. Our food (oysters and cioppino) was exquisite, the wine, delicious and the dessert "Sampler" - out of this world. Our waiter was attentive but not intrusive. Another stellar evening at Horizons!Special Features:
- On Top of the MountainkhenzDined on 8/2/2014A perfect place to enjoy the delights of BC Seafood and other delectable entrees. The view of the city was fantastic to say the least, even got to see some of the Celebration of Lights Fireworks display.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014some of the old-timers have forgotten about this lovely spot so I have reminded them and told them about the good food. I do hope they get there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousDined on 7/27/2014the food was over the top fantastic. Our waiter was abit odd. leaned right into the middle of the table and almost whispered asking us how our meal was....he was nice....but odd. older gentleman.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view.sarlalaeatsDined on 7/26/2014A nice place to spend the afternoon having lunch and taking a walk with family or friends of all ages. Beautiful views.Special Features:
- Good Food - be prepared to waitJannyMaxDined on 7/23/2014Our experience food-wise was almost perfect - stay away from the lamb shank, tho'. Service overall was extremely slow. If it had been a nice evening that would have made it better, but the clouds hid the city and that was too bad. Go on a nice day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceWebster4848Dined on 7/23/2014Respectful and courteous service. They took the time to recognize our celebration and made it very special with wonderful service and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the locationeatoutDined on 7/23/2014The view from the restaurant was icing on the cake; the service and food matched the setting and view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Had a lovely dinner here for a special occasion. Service was extremely attentive. Loved the seafood selection.Special Features: