100 Centenial Way
Burnaby, BC V5A 2X9Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.horizonsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (604) 299-1155
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Winter Lunch: Closed Monday & Tuesday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest, International
- Executive Chef: John Garrett
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Horizons Restaurant
A window-wrapped dining room offers a commanding view of the surrounding park-like setting; Burnaby and Vancouver below, as well as views of Burrard Inlet and Indian Arm. A popular tourist attraction - Horizons is best known for its fantastic menu, spectacular views and its comfortable, cozy accents.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Horizons Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Burnaby ›
Horizons Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
191 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (173)special occasion (139)romantic (100)fit for foodies (63)good for groups (61)neighborhood gem (60)great for brunch (37)great for lunch (35)great for outdoor dining (33)notable wine list (24)kid-friendly (15)hot spot (10)late-night find (8)Show More
- Bad Sitting ArrangementHeidiDined on 11/18/2014Overall food was ok but my table is right next to the door where it's blocking the view, however, I had mention would like a window table for a good view when I made the reservation, well, I am very disappointed for my sitting arrangement. Btw, if the server offer u some breads before your food comes, this is cost money instead of free, plus the bread is not taste good.Special Features:
- JinjuDined on 11/9/2014The service was excellent but the food very disappointing. The portions are small for the price. I had 3 cherry tomatoes accompanying my tail end, thin piece of salmon and 3 small potatoes. You are paying for the location here.Special Features:
- Horizons EateryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/9/2014Fantastic location with loads of great parking. Beautiful grounds to stroll around before or after dinner. Friendly staff with a beautiful ambiance and spectacular scenic vistas. The food was top notch and a good value. Would recommend Horizons for a any special occasion or entertaining visitors to our city, or even for just a great getaway dinner.Special Features:
- JjjhDined on 11/9/2014Attentive waiters and waitresses. Good service. The dessert was serve too late though (was serve 20 minutes after we were done eating the main meal) For the price of the food, the bread should at least have been include in the price and more serving for the veggies. Food was okay, could be better to compare it with other fine dining restaurants.Special Features:
- Average Dinner, nothing special.rusbDined on 11/8/2014It seems Horizons is not as good as it used to be. The setting and view are still great, but the food is just average. The service was very dissapointing, very slow and minimal interaction with the server. After dining there for many years I think it is time to give Horizons a break and try some other places.Special Features:
- 20th Anniversary DinnerwannabefoodiepersonDined on 10/29/2014Outstanding service and the food was great and the view to die for - a must if you LOVE an amazing view and appreciate fine dining in a very romantic setting. We'll be back for sure.Special Features:
- ScottyScottyoneDined on 10/26/2014Great romantic restaurant. The server we had was excellent. Food was excellent as well.Special Features:
- Beautiful sunset evening!irun2eatDined on 10/26/2014We wanted a nice dinner out but did not want to drive into Vancouver on a Sunday evening. Our reservations were for 5:30 so we had a spectacular view of Vancouver and the North Shore mountains, topped by a beautiful sunset. I usually have the maple salmon with the prawns (I'm a creature of habit), but had the caprese salad and the prosciutto wrapped ling cod - both were delicious, especially the cod which was a healthy serving and cooked to perfection! I usually go low fat, however, the lemon butter was so aromatic that I did indulge this time. Others in our party had the maple salmon, the BC salmon, and the duck. All were pleased with their selection. Service was also impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HorizonsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Great view. We had a table by the window and enjoyed the sunset and the night lights.Special Features:
- Sunday brunchOctrodDined on 10/26/2014We were a group of five ... Our waiter gave excellent service, as did his helper clearing the table and making sure we had additional hot water, coffee etc.Special Features:
- Always my favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/24/2014Have always enjoyed coming to Horizons for dinner. We are their regular customer. Fabulous food and service. Love their pork tenderloin. On a clear night, the view of the city from the restaurant is quite marvellous.Special Features:
- great serviceValgalpalDined on 10/22/2014service was good, food served not too slow nor too fast.Special Features:
- Lunch with a viewFoodcharmerDined on 10/17/2014Nice lunch, flavourful food, friendly prompt serviceSpecial Features:
- Amazing views, good westcoast foodEricDined on 10/16/2014Incredible views of the lower mainland. Dependable upper end wet coast food. Service is a bit slow, but with so much to look at it's hardly noticeable. There are monthly specials, so check their website.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding OverallOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014We went for a friends birthday, we all had NY Steak. Service was fantastic, the view amazing, Food absolutely delicious. It was a Thursday night and not too busy so the noise was at a minimum. Overall an awesome evening. We will definately be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodlikegoodfoodDined on 10/16/2014great view, romantic atmosphere, good food, friendly service. Good choice on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sparkling gemnorthshoreloverDined on 10/14/2014We love the nearby parking facility and on a clear evening the city of Vancouver sparkles as you dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family from out of townFamilyyoungDined on 10/11/2014A great place for a family evening meal with relatives visiting from the UK. What an amazing view as the sun set over the island and watching the lights of Vancouver come on. A memorable experience with delicious food and attentive service. Will return again!Special Features:
- Very nice but skip the ceasar saladValleydwellerDined on 10/9/2014Lovely venue and entrees are very good. The ceasar salad was $10 and was nothing - small, knife chopped romain, no croutons, parmesan or anything. The calamari was much better. Desserts are also overpriced for what you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistent great viewsamleoDined on 10/9/2014My 93 year old Mother and I dine here most times she is in Burnaby. The staff were outstanding as usual. Her dinner was lovely. I was somewhat disappointed that my potato component was like a large unflavoured tater tot; otherwise my dinner was also well presented and tasty. The food was presented in a visually pleasing manner. I will return though mostly because of the service and view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- godsmallDined on 10/9/2014We went as a group of 9 for our daughter's graduation. The The beautiful setting on Centennial Mountain with its smashing views made for a wonderful ambience. The great food and excellent service provided the icing on the cake for our dining experience. We highly recommend Horizons as a first rate establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeDined on 10/5/2014As always, we had a great experience. We will be back again.Special Features:
- Horizons brunchnorthvanfoodloverDined on 10/5/2014Great brunch, attentive service. Great for my Dad's 87th birthdaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- small table2hotdinersDined on 10/4/2014our table was by the window with an amazing view but the table itself was small and tight. I wished the table can be a bit wider so that when our food came we didn't have to move everything in order to fit them. However, everything else was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely a TREAT!ButtercatDined on 10/4/2014This place is great! Awesome views & their food is what they're known for. It's definitely a place to go to if you want to enjoy yourself. Now if one is going out & looking for things to pick about....no restaurant is or will be fit for ones' satisfaction. Horizon definitely fits the Fine Dining category in every level. We will return for more occasions to come!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatIllbebackDined on 10/3/2014Food was great, ambiance was great. Service fantastic. Incredible views. A great experience. Will definately comeback.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UndercookedeatiesDined on 10/3/2014We eat at Horizons often and also have attended New Years Eve a couple times. The whole experience is always perfect. I have to say this past visit was Not. The Flavors were perfect but our 2 orders of the Wild salmon were very undercooked and so was the risotto served with it. My wife's maple salmon was perfect.Special Features:
- Great view, food okOceanaDined on 9/28/2014The view is spectacular, but 2nd time we've been in last few months and both times my husband's lamb was over cooked!! Overall it was good but quite noisy so not the place if you're looking for a romantic quiet dinner!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service??kj1932Dined on 9/22/2014The food wasn't bad. Nothing to really write home about, but not bad. The service, however, was absolutely awful. at a restaurant where I'm paying $100 for two people to eat, I'm expecting some pretty excellent service. 15 minutes after we were seated, our server finally took our first drink order. It wasn't until after she left, that our water glasses were filled. And once we were nearly finished our meals, she asked if we wanted our bread basket that was previously forgotten. We didn't bother. I might have thought more of the food if the service was better, but all in all we were pretty unimpressed and probably won't be returning.Special Features:
- Good food, service and environmenthkjosephDined on 9/21/2014Well matching with the restaurant name "Horizons" - we love the atmosphere here, quiet and romantic, with excellent scenic view. The food, wow, we all love the food, same good taste as the scenic view as outside. The service is the best in town. We all enjoy very much and sure will come back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/21/2014Horizons has a great, reasonably priced omelette bar brunch plus a menu. Great choices for everyone, they even have a kids menu!Special Features:
- sunset over Vancouvereat4funDined on 9/20/2014Great restaurant, with excellent food and service. Regular deals bring the reasonable prices to lower levels. Book a table to match the sunset and see Vancouver and the surrounds at it's best.Special Features:
- We love it!PianoloversDined on 9/19/2014My family always loves dining at Horizons. It is the place we usually go for special occasion. We love the food and the view.Special Features:
- mindDined on 9/13/2014Ambiance is excellent. We were seated by the window so was able to watch the sunset- it was beautiful sight. The weather was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning view best outdoor patioView2viewDined on 9/13/2014The view, ambiance & seafood were all excellent - our waiter seemed a bit over tired or perhaps over extended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReliablemealticketDined on 9/12/2014Had numerous meetings and birthdays, etc over the years here. Always good food, friendly service and great view. Reliable for a good meal out whether lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerDinner42Dined on 9/7/2014The service was friendly and fast. They were able to accommodate request for a window seat. Decor is just okay but Horizons has a great view west from Bby to Vancouver - this was the primary selection factor. Dinner is best served with clear skies. Great for an anniversary.Special Features:
- HappyDinerDined on 9/6/2014Horizons has been our family favorite for years now, we rarely have less than a perfect experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014Loved it overall. A group of 20 seniors arrived shortly after us and the servers were pressed to serve all the tables after that. It was a good half hour wait between starter and main course. Other than that, the food was excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014Not enaf: - just a little bit more light on a table! - music! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.