Horizons Oceanfront Restaurant - Clarion Resort
10100 Coastal Highway
Ocean City, MD 21842Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Horizons Oceanfront Restaurant - Clarion Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.clarionoc.com/ocean-city-md-hotel-restaurants
- Phone: 4105243535x7180
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 7:00am - 12:00pm, Sunday: 7:00am - 1:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Chef Helmut Bauer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties are available in many of our outlets. We have selected sections in our oceanfront dining room that are available depending on the number of guests. Our convention facilities are also an option which allows for more privacy. Depending on the time of year and weather conditions, you can have a party in our pool area or on our beach deck.
- Private Party Contact: Kay Windsor 4105243535x7169
- Entertainment: Our Ocean Club Nightclub, located on the Terrace level, overlooks the ocean. Top 40 dance bands start at 9pm with our DJ playing between sets. This is the place where the "big kids" play. so we ask that everyone be 21 after 11pm.
- Cross Street: 101st and the beach
- Public Transit: Ocean City buses run every 15 minutes in season and every 30 minutes in the off season. Buses run Coastal Highway from the Inlet to the Delaware state line. You can ride the bus all day for $2.00. There a number of local cabs that are available 24 hours a day.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: We have two parking lots that are available to all our guests. There is immediate parking on our lot adjacent to our hotel. There is additional parking across Coastal Highway, in front of the Clarion.
A word from Horizons Oceanfront Restaurant - Clarion Resort
Welcome to Horizons Oceanfront Restaurant, Ocean City dining at its finest serving Certified Angus Beef and the freshest seafood, chicken, and veal specialties. Compliment your meal with a selection from our award winning wine list. Our Sunday Deluxe Breakfast Buffet overlooking the Atlantic and our famous "All You Can Eat Prime Rib-Crab Leg-Seafood Buffet" are definitely a must. Top 40 dance bands begin at 9pm, so there is never a reason to leave early.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Horizons Oceanfront Restaurant - Clarion Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
- Outstanding LocationBeBeVIPDined on 5/4/2014The Restaurant and hotel/resort are a find. Perfect for my relaxing get away but also lively enough for fun. Already recommended to my friends and look forward to making another trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, not bad.... very expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014We went planning on getting the buffet which I had heard about. It was $36/person and in my opinion wasn't worth it. I let my son get it since children are only $17/person. Our server had a horrible personality. I probably wouldn't come backSpecial Features:
- Good Food - Good MusicJimOVIPDined on 3/15/2014This is a regular stop for us when we visit OC. Always lots of crab legs, the prime rib is great most of the time, but on occasion has been less flavorful, but when they season it right, it is top notch. The band, Power Play, is a nice end to the evening. They cover everything from Motown to Elvis to Springsteen. Every member of the band sings lead on various songs and they do the cover songs justice. Highly recommend a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ValentineSmoothVIPDined on 2/14/2014After dining here on 2/13 we decided to return on Valentines Day and where disappointed at the prices from the day before We chose the buffet at $45 per person and we were not impressed. They had live music, the first set lasted 25 minutes and returned 30 minutes later very disappointing to the large crowd, at least 40 people decided to leaveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Day 14TERP73Dined on 2/14/2014DInner at 7 and was promptly seated and drink order taken. Very busy that nite but everything from soup to nuts went very smoothly. Same nite the buffett opened which tends to service a "different" type of diner. FIrst time dining there and will go back in the future.Special Features:
- BuffettRickDined on 2/14/2014Some of the food was cold we had come for the band after dinner. The group Power play was excellent . Dance floor crowded considering majority to the crowd was not dancing .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I went 2/13/14SmoothVIPDined on 2/13/2014My wife and I went 2/13/14 and where surprised at the quality and priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good and howAWCMRetDined on 1/26/2014Food was very good and how can you beat there Sunday 1/2 price entree. Do over most probable.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencebighVIPDined on 1/8/2014Winter is extra special. 50% off menus. 20% off bottles of wine. Filet mignon prepared perfectly. Charred out & med to med rare in. Perfect piece of prime meat. Fish dishes also superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine friendly, very good foodbvinoVIPDined on 12/4/2013I think this is the only restaurant in Ocean City that has wine corkage, which I greatly appreciate. They also have an amazing wine list. Every time I have been there the food was very good. Excellent view of the ocean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We are never disappointed here!!italianteachDined on 11/28/2013This is our 6th year in a row going to Horizons for Thanksgiving dinner and once again we were delighted! The staff/service is great, everyone is super accommodating, honestly I can't say enough about this part. We stay at the hotel the night before, which I recommend highly, and from the front desk to the waitress at dinner everyone is friendly and helpful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Studio 54Partyof5Dined on 11/28/2013My family and I dined at Horizons on Thanksgiving 2013. While the view was beautiful, the food was good (crab soup outstanding), and the noise level was fine. I just thought the restaurant needed a serious update into the 21st century. Our waiter was okay. Horizons for a special event seems to be the type of place where loyal clients go year after year, after year. I overheard one table talking about how this was the only place they'd ever go for Thanksgiving and that this year was just as wonderful as the rest. I think it was okay, a little steep for the kids' price, but overall, I probably will not return.Special Features:
- The food was pretty good.JoemVIPDined on 11/12/2013The food was pretty good. I have had better crab cakes in many places but these were ok. The shrimp appetizer wrapped in bacon was excellent. The restaurant was almost empty but I had to get up twice and get the water pitcher to fill our glasses. The dinner came before our salads and they never brought our second glass of wine. The server was friendly but there were too many mistakes. The fruit pie dessert was out of this world. All in all we enjoyed ourselves immensely. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great PlaceBocajDined on 10/26/2013I would recommend this restaurant to anyone/everyone that is visiting the Ocean City area or for any special occasion or if they live in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food at a great priceBaybumDined on 10/7/2013Four of us went for the 50% off dinner special. All had the crab cakes except one. Everyone loved their food (except me). I've had the crabcake before and just wondered if it wasn't the "Asian" crab meat this time. The other 3 will order crabcakes again. I will probably try something else. One had the Orange Roughy Chesapeake and thought it was good also. Since it was a Monday evening, it was not at all busy and we sat by the window and had a great view of the ocean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not quite ready....abbyDined on 10/6/2013We waited 8 minutes beyond the published opening time and our reservation time for the doors to be unlocked. Particularly annoying since an ocean view at sunrise had been a deciding factor in our choice to eat at this particular establishment. Wait staff was still scurrying aroundsetting tables and setting up the buffet. Bagels did not appear, for example, until my husband had finished off his lox and onion on a piece of rye bread. Several items that should have been hot were luke warm at best.... our waitress was very quick to bring hot replacements of these items when this was pointed out. The quality, quantity and selection of food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Buffet in Ocean CitycrabluvrDined on 9/21/2013This is definately the BEST Buffet in Ocean City! A little pricey but well worth it! Mounds and Mounds of Hot or Cold Crab Legs, prime rib that falls apart and so many other things to choose from! I tried all the buffets in town and this one still tops the list! I drove 165 miles just to come back this year and eat at this buffet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great optionsLOVETOEATDined on 9/15/2013This was a great buffet for the price. Can't beat eggs made to order for omelets and fresh made belgian waffles. The entire spread was a nice selection and the options are suitable for most people. Price also included beverages, which was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you like Surf n TurfHavanaVIPDined on 9/1/2013This is the place to go when you are in Ocean City, Maryland.Special Features:
- BEST SOFT CRABS EVER!!mumseyDined on 8/30/2013The Restaurant and Hotel are old favorites. State agencies and garden clubs book oodles of symposiums at the Clarion. We ordered off the menu - soft crabs was one of the specials. Juicy, ample, baked potatoe and veggie. Not fancy, just delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb food, service and viewEnchantingDined on 8/26/2013From the time we walked in,we felt like we were the only ones there. The hostess was pleasant & efficient, the waitress was very professional and attentive, the decor of the restaurant was very warm and inviting and most if all the food and drinks were divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousDanHollyDined on 8/18/2013Fantastic food especially the crab legs, oysters, and melt in your mouth prime ribSpecial Features:
- DatedOccasionaldinerDined on 8/13/2013Restaurant resembled Miami beach restaurant fifty years ago. Service slow but friendly. Food not very seasoned. They cancelled my open table reservation even though we got there exactly on time and we were apparently their only reservation (they told us our name when we came in). Might take a senior there. View likely good but buffet table set up to use up the window space. Not interesting enough to go again.
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2013I have eaten at the Clarion several times in the past. This time the food choices were good but the food could use improvement. The prime rib was overcooked along with some of the seafood. The best part of the buffet was the ham which melted in your mouth and the Mac and cheese. Service was good. I believe that the food was not worth the price for me. In the past I really enjoyed the buffet, this time not so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Day trip to the beachSpunky3Dined on 8/10/2013The service was outstanding. Even though I didn't get the seat by the window I requested, I could still see ocean from our seats. There was a variety of food and deserts. I was truly impressed. A must do every year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice view but ok food...OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/4/2013Nothing really to say except that seafood buffet restaurants are a dime a dozen in Ocean City. And Horizons was nothing to rave about. We just decided to eat there since we were staying at the Clarion and it was convenient.Special Features:
- BuffettXtremelyPaleoDined on 7/25/2013The all you can eat seafood buffet was enjoyable...namely the king crab legs. For the price $ 35.99 steamed clams would've finished it out nicely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not great5CMcDined on 7/24/2013Main food was wonderful! But for that price I want real deserts, not frozen box ones and ice cream. Disappointment for a superb dining experience!Special Features:
- Good choice for seafood buffet1sttimerDined on 7/6/2013Our first time at this restaurant, located within the clarion fountainebleau hotel, it was a great choice, not necessarily cheap, at $36 plus all taxes, not included alcoholic beverages, this is about the standard price at any buffet in OC, food was great, plenty of choices, view to die for, will do it again.Special Features:
- Fine for Beach Hotel Food.ChartHouseFanVIPDined on 7/6/2013Definitely not a destination, but good for what it is. Fantastic service!! Large selection for Breakfast and Dinner buffet. Food quality isn't great, as expected of OC.Special Features:
- Best Legs on the BeachDCGmanDined on 6/30/2013I've been a Crab Leg fanatic for over 30 years now. I've eaten 'legs' all over the country and over seas. The snow crab legs served at Horizon's are one of the best I've tasted. They serve them cold and hot, both of which are equally deliciious. The spiced shrimp was cooked to perfection and peeled instantly. The Prime Rib was incredible! The carver alloted me a 3/4" slab that was the best I have enjoyed in years. We dined looking out of a wall of windows on the beach and ocean enjoying the natural beauty and ambience that only mother nature can provide. If you go to OC, MD and plan to dine out then you must inlclude Horizon's in your plans. You will not be dissapointed and you will leave satisfied with memories that will last a lifetime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Showing its ageEMfromPADined on 6/16/2013We have been going to Sunday brunch at the Clarion for many years. While still good, it's not the same as it used to be. Your juice comes in a (smaller) plastic cup instead of a glass. The buffet was refilled unevenly as I had to wait at least 5 minutes for the potatoes. The lox, while still plentiful and tasty, looked to be of slightly lower quality than I remember. The bagel selection was a choice of plain or plain. I believe they used to have blintzes on the buffet but I didn't see them this time. On the positive side, the made to order omelets are still delicious and the fresh made waffles are great. You get a carafe of coffee so you don't have to continually ask for refills. Enjoy the ocean view. It's not called Horizons for nothing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuffetOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2013My Wife and I found this to be a pretty nice buffet. They added a pasta bar which I beleive makes them competative with the other buffets in the area. I would recommend this to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiting for the scallop boatOceanDinerDined on 6/7/2013Great view, great service but for $38.00 per person I was disappointed with the choices on the buffet..There was a very loud party going on at the pool bar next to us.Special Features:
- over priced, mediocore food,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013over priced, mediocore food, and couldnt even get the table we requested. when we showed up asked us if we had reservations we said yes and we still had to wait.
- Excellent restaurant withOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013Excellent restaurant with a beautiful view! We come here everytime we visit!Special Features:
- The food selection and qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013The food selection and quality was outstanding with a fantastic staff that pampered you with outstanding service. All staff made you feel as though you were the only table to be waited on and had a most pleasant warm attitude. The ambiance was quite quaint but also gave you the feeling that you were in a five star restaurant found in a major city as in Philadelphia or New York. My compliments to the staff and supervisors for making the night a rememberable evening on my sixty second birthday!Special Features:
- Highlight of the Trip!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2013a very good experience on a 3-day trip that had few. the weather 2 0f three was horrible; the crowd from the convention were rude, crude and unwelcome (narcotics anonymous I think). they tried to take over the entire community it seemed to me, but the experience here was a welcome reprieve. thanks to all. we will return Lord willing (but not when that group comes to town again!!!!!)Special Features:
- Horizons is a good restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/31/2013Horizons is a good restaurant for families on holidays.Special Features:
- Best Thanksgiving buffet in OC MD!italianteachDined on 3/31/2013Our family has been doing the Thanksgiving buffet and the Easter brunch for 6 years in a row. The staff is always super friendly and the food is great, plus there is such a great variety of food. We use these holidays as a mini vacation to get away and relax! I would definitely recommend to give it a try one year...........no cooking, no cleaning and no family drama!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.