5472 First Coast Highway
Fernandina Beach, FL 32034Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.horizonsameliaisland.com/
- Phone: 9043212430x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Courtney Thompson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We would love to help you with your catering needs both on and off premise.
A word from Horizons
Located on the south end of Amelia Island. Between The Ritz-Carlton and the Amelia Island Plantation, our restaurant offers traditional continental fare with a twist.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Horizons - Best Restaurants in Amelia Island ›
Horizons reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)special occasion (27)fit for foodies (25)good for groups (17)great for lunch (15)romantic (13)great for outdoor dining (12)great for brunch (6)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The food was superb! The service was excellent and very personable. I will continue to recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodsouffleDined on 8/27/2014Courtney, Sonny and their staff do an excellent job of serving good food in a friendly manner. I enjoy the "game" that Courtney and I play with her must have soufflé. Keep up the "2 for $40.00" dealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeachdivaDined on 8/16/2014Courtney as usual is a great cook..food amazing. I did dine there because I saw this on the computer and it was Buy 1 get one free. I noted that in my reservation. Waitress was rude when it came time to pay the Bill..stated did you print it out. Well I do not have a printer !!! She said that if I did not print it , I did not have it !!! Yikes !!! Almost in a mean Way !!! Lucky for me I had my Trusty Big Brother,s Big Sister Book and I produced a coupon out of it. Then the waitress seemed really upset and treated us very abrubtly !!! Do not advertise this on the computer ...or if you do state coupon or deal must be printed out..ThanksSpecial Features:
- MichaelDined on 8/8/2014Food was excellent We really enjoyed the lobster ravioli, BBQ shrimp, blackened sea bass and duck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeRepeatVIPDined on 8/7/2014We had friends visiting from Pittsburgh, and it was our first time at Horizons, I was hopeing that it lived up to everything I had heard! It passed with flying colors, it is now on the rotation :-) Food and service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatBIGBOBDined on 8/2/2014We were at Horizon's again and were just as pleased as the previous times. This place is known to the locals and not swamped with tourists that always manage to drive prices up. I've had snapper and grouper there that were easily ranked among some of the best I've had. I would recommend Horizons without reservation to everyone.Special Features:
- good local spotoneguyVIPDined on 8/2/2014We split the rack of lamb (their signature dish) and an arugula salad. We liked the lamb and we thought the salad was just ok. It is a nice restaurant off the beaten track and apparently it is popular among the locals. Sonny, the hostess, seemed to recognize many of the guests as they arrived and remembered their seating preferences. The staff were very attentive. The restaurant was pretty quiet when we were there, which we like. The prices are quite reasonable, especially for a resort area.Special Features:
- Pleasant evening.karenDined on 8/1/2014Very attractive dining room. We dined early and there were few other parties present. Menu descriptions of food accurate. Rack of lamb well prepared. Adequate wine list by the bottle. Limited to house wines by the glass. The fruit tart was a little old and gummy. Key Lime Pie and Cheesecake were ok.Special Features:
- Very GoodSuperbVIPDined on 7/31/2014This is our go-to, hometown, restaurant for nice dinners. We have eaten here many times, in both its prior and new locations. The food NEVER disappoints, is always well prepared, fresh, tasty and well presented. The prices are very reasonable compared to other restaurants around Fernandina Beach/Amelia Island, FL. And the service and ambiance are very nice.Special Features:
- Memorable meal!mifree1836VIPDined on 7/30/2014Lobster bisque bursting with flavor. Blue snapper with mushroom and artichoke salad was the best fish I've ever tasted. My husband's scallops were fantastic also. The caramel chocolate chip soufflé was delicious. The chef's were personal and personable visiting the table often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A PRECIOUS FINDAtHomeOnAmeliaIslandDined on 7/26/2014The food is delicious and beautifully presented. The staff is always proficient and genuinely hospitable. If anyone is seeking an intimate dinner for two or wishes to plan a large private luncheon or dinner party - HORIZONS is a perfect choice.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014We live in Jacksonville and find the trip very worth while. If you are tired of the chain restaurant you must give Horizons a try. Have been visiting them for years back to the days when they where located in the old Bell South building in Fernandina Bch.Special Features:
- A nice stop on the islandtmsqamDined on 7/25/2014My wife and I enjoyed the food and service at the Horizons. Rack of Lamb was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellant new location.SteveBDined on 7/19/2014Same outstanding food in a great new location. Horizons is one of our favorite restaurants. Its new location is much roomier and has great ambiance, although is a little hard to find. Take the time to locate it - it's worth it. I had the scallops and my wife had fish of the day - delicious. Fantastic lobster bisque to start too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food!uraniaDined on 7/18/2014A great dining experience. We started with BBQ Shrimp and Lobster Ravioli as appetizers. They were so good that I wish I could order each of them as a main course! Everything was prepared perfectly and the soufflé for dessert was out of this world. Can't wait to go back when I am back on the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rare chance for a dessert souffleYummyRonDined on 7/18/2014Horizons is the best restaurant in the Amelia/Fernandina area. I have eaten rack of lamb, grouper, flounder, filet & duck and that are all excellent... really excellent. They also have souffles so be sure to order one for after dinner. Sonny, (the Maitre D'), and Courtney, (the Chef), make everything run smoothly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2014ALWAYS A GREAT EXPERIENCE!! FOOD AND SERVICE IS CONSISTANT WITH EACH VISIT. IT'S OUR FAVORITE!!Special Features:
- Horizons for a better outlookBIGBOBDined on 7/11/2014This place has always been one of our favorites because the level of attention to the food and the service is beyond reproach. The seafood is one of the big reasons we go there. My wife had scallops and I had a "potato wrapped grouper"......In a lot of places the phrase "potato wrapped" could mean a splash of mashed spuds flung onto the plate but my grouper had a layer of potatoes that were sliced so thing that they" only had one side"...... Our salads were fresh and crisp with perfect dressings. In my opinion, the restaurant is too easy to drive past as it is tucked away off the main road. Missing this is a mistake because you'll have done without have a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014We had a delicious dinner, me a filet, my husband, lamb chops. Everything was quite nice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time new locationPappouDined on 7/5/2014Party of four service and food great...had Sea Bass,Lamb,Filet and Grouper. Wide combination and all good..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobCDined on 7/2/2014Best burger and salad on the island !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best on the IslandOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2014Always special and we drive an hour just to go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobCDined on 6/21/2014Best lamb chops around. If you haven't had them,try 'em !Special Features:
- HeidiDined on 6/20/2014My daughter's flight was late getting in. They took us even though it was close to closing time. It was very loud when we went in, but those people left,thank goodness . I had the chippino not a classic preparation ,but delicious. My daughter had the fish special which was also very good.Special Features:
- Presentation, Taste, and ValueJeanneandJoeDined on 6/11/2014The owner, Courtney, is one of the few people still doing fried duck instead of just medallions. Her veggie ragout and spiced roasted cabbage made it even better. I had the potato encrusted grouper prepared to perfection. Toni was our server and did an excellent job. Adjacent to our seats was a private dining area hosting a large investment bank meeting. Some of the noise escaped but it was not distracting. We enjoy this new location for Horizons and wish them much success. My only suggestion would be to discuss the deep beat sound coming from the exercise studio next door filtering into our space that made my heart palpitate to the beat. Sounded like those cars who blast you at a red light.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the foodflgirlVIPDined on 6/6/2014We live an hour & 1/2 from Horizons & drove up to celebrate our anniversary as we have dined here the past 3 years. Chef Courtney still has a wonderful menu, the horizons salad is delish, the lobster bisque & the lamb were very good. I wish she would put those fabulous sweet potato fries on the dinner menu, they are to die for!!! The new location has lost the quaintness & charm of the old one but we are ok with that, we go for the food. Only one disappointing thing regarding our dinner. We ordered the strawberry/chocolate chip soufflé for dessert which had neither a strawberry or a chic chip in it. We love a good soufflé but this was a hot mess of tasteless mush. Couldn't eat it, but it was on our bill anyway after our server took it back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Attention to FoodGeorgiaEaterDined on 5/24/2014Perfect bread and house butter spread. My lobster ravioli appetizer was great. Recommended pinot noir glass was generous. Scallops were cooked just right. Well rounded and presented vegetables. Souffle dessert was a great find and outstanding. Friendly and attentive service. Pleasantly surprised on the whole. OpenTable longshot left my mood after dinner much uplifted from before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant evening at HorizonsDinnerontheIslandDined on 5/21/2014A friend and I dined at Horizons in their new location recently. The restaurant was attractive and comfortable. My dish,grilled Tuna was excellent. the service was good and attentive. I am planning to dine there again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobCDined on 5/17/2014We enjoyed very good dinners and a sweeeeet desertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingUpthestreet1Dined on 5/11/2014We went with friends to the Mother's Day Brunch. Everything was delicious, from the salads, vegetables to the outstanding meat dishes! The desserts were incredible!Special Features:
- Awesome Mother's DayStrykerLTDined on 5/11/2014We hadn't been to their new location, but were anxious to try it out. We were very fortunate to get a last-minute reservation and were very pleased!! The food was killer and the staff was very knowledgeable. Awesome stuff, thanks!Special Features:
- The following 223 reviews are from the Horizons reviews archive.
- DelightfulMIKEnPAMDined on 4/26/2014Once again, Courtney and her excellent staff provided an outstanding dining experience!! We've enjoyed the wonderful specials many times and on this visit, we asked if we could "switch-up" the Fish and were rewarded with the "Special of our Dreams"! We know what we like and Horizons is it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday DinnerUpthestreet1Dined on 4/25/2014When we go to Horizon's I always think of Cheers the TV Show, " it is the place where everyone knows your name". The food is always so good, I had shrimp and grits, yummy. Others at our table had pecan crusted Grouper and one had the Filet of Beef, all were very pleased. Relaxed, attractive environment, a great neighborhood restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FinedinerDined on 4/20/2014Easter Sunday brunch was below par for this restaurant. Ham was undercook, so was some of the bacon...no sausage or chicken penne as advertised..prime rib was raw and dry, eggs Benedict was fine, ran out of some desserts and was replaced by better ones...no hot or even warm bread...people had to wait to long for resupply on buffet tables which were way too small. Service was fine. All in all, not a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunchout2lunchDined on 4/20/2014We went for Easter Brunch. IT was a buffet and a great selection of food, they even had lamb chops and beef tenderloin. Desserts were fantastic. the service was superior and the staff was very attentive to all customers.Special Features:
- Excellent food reasonably pricedAbbeDined on 4/5/2014Even in their new, Horizon is excellent! The Sonny and Courtney create wonderful dishes; unique, full of flavor and always, always great! It continues to be our favorite place to revisit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in new locationspzaggerVIPDined on 4/5/2014We were pleased to see that Horizons has not lost its touch after its recent move. For our dinners, we enjoyed the grouper -- very moist, with a pecan sauce -- more than the tuna (which was the light pink variety). But both were accompanied by the same delicious veggies. Only regret was that we did not have room for Courtney's amazing coconut bombe cake for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always gooddrifterspotDined on 3/22/2014This neighborhood gem moved to a new location but is every bit as god as when in the old location. The ambiance is even better . The signature rack of lamb is superbSpecial Features:
- All good, except the grouper....OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2014Our table for five liked a lot about this restaurant, with one exception - the "Pecan Crusted Grouper with Mango Chutney" was a major disappointment. Not crusted with anything, just a few whole pecans with some type of sauce poured over a thin filet of sautéed fish that we were not even sure was grouper. The three remaining entrees were fine and several appetizer's determined top-notch.
- Wonderful EveningLynneDined on 3/14/2014We eat out often and have tried most of the restaurants in our area. I have to say that we had one of the best dinners we have had in a long time at this lovely restaurant. I had the flounder and my husband had salmon. Both entrees were cooked to perfection. The soufle that topped off the meal was superb. We have already made plans to return for another wonderful meal.Special Features: