60 San Leandro Marina
San Leandro, CA 94577Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://horatios.com/page/home
- Phone: 5103515556x
- Hours of Operation:
Weekend Breakfast/Brunch: Sat & Sun 11:00am-3:00pm with Bloody Mary Bar!
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm
HAPPY HOUR Mon-Fri 4pm-6pm & 9pm-close.
HAPPY HOUR: Sat-Sun 3pm-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: David Malenowsky
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: They can accommodate large parties of 8 people or more (separate but not private seating).
- Private Party Contact: Management 5103515556x
- Entertainment: Taped music and satellite fed plasma TV.
- Special Events: Weekend Breakfast/Brunch: Sat & Sun 11am-3pm with Bloody Mary Bar!
A word from Horatio's
Nautically themed and located in the San Leandro Marina, Horatio's offers exceptional food and service with a waterfront view. Their menu includes the freshest fish, seafood and steaks with both new and traditional preparations.Continued
Lunch: $9 to $19
Dinner:$17 to $50
Lunch: $9 to $19
Dinner:$17 to $50
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Horatio's - Best Restaurants in San Leandro ›
Horatio's reviews from OpenTable diners
179 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (135)special occasion (108)great for lunch (76)good for groups (65)neighborhood gem (63)great for brunch (57)romantic (56)fit for foodies (38)kid-friendly (28)great for outdoor dining (27)notable wine list (24)vibrant bar scene (20)late-night find (14)hot spot (13)Show More
- Horatio's VisitToobukuDined on 8/27/2014This is our favorite fine dining spot when we visit during Raider Football Season! My wife and I love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luncheon diningWheatieDined on 8/25/2014I have been coming to Horatio's for years. It is just the right place to have dinner with friends and to celebrate special occasions. The atmosphere is very relaxed, the dress is casual and the menu offers items for all tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealfeesDined on 8/24/2014Food and Service were awesome. Our server went the extra mile to make suggestions and customize our meal. Recently dined at Skates, to take in the Bridge view, and had my first average meal, and poor service. I've not had that happen at Horatio's.Special Features:
- Everything was FantasticBabygirlDined on 8/24/2014My family and I have been coming to Horatios for several years. I made this reservation through the "Open Table" app on my phone. I requested a booth, and thats what we got. Our request was granted. Very satisfied. The food was great, and the waiter was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised!Hungrygerlll523Dined on 8/24/2014I made reservations for brunch at Horatio's for my mom's birthday; we had been there before, and we both loved it. When I made the reservation, I requested a nice table(for a group) by the window, so we could have a view, and when we arrived, we were escorted to the perfect table with a lovely view. Our waitress provided exceptional service; she was very polite(apologizing for interrupting the convo when she checked on us), patient(giving us extra time for everyone to arrive and then for us to figure out what to order), and helpful(telling us about endless mimosas and her fave drink). The food was OUTSTANDING. Everyone in the group got something different, so I got to try 2 salads, a burger, and salmon.All I can say is: YUMMMY!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Anniversary at Horatio'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2014I would highly recommend for all occasions. Danica took care of our table and was wonderful. They had just changed some menu items and my husband tried the Jerk Salmon - the presentation was so nice he didnt want to ruin it but was glad he did as it tasted perfect. I was very happy with my twice baked chicken and the portions were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish it had been betterfrtomVIPDined on 8/16/2014With a little bit of effort Horatio's could disprove the saying "the better the view the worse the dining." The kitchen was slow; the salad never arrived. Which was ok because it would have been too much food to have after an ample and tasty Calamari appetizer and before the prime rib (which wasn't the best I have ever had but was a generous portion and a good value for the price). The problem was the horseradish sauce that looked like errant mashed potatoes. Not a happy surprise. But one that could be averted by putting the horseradish in a little container. This was not the first time this issue has been noted in an online review. Waitress was professional and friendly, more points for upfront handling of the absence of rare prime rib.Special Features:
- food123456WOOWOODined on 8/16/2014was disappointed in my entrée this time around , found the stuffed Mahi Mahi with side of white beans a bit on the heavy side ,also found the dialogue of our server a bit over the top, too much information on the Menu and chefs specials and so glad your here and will send compliments to the chef , had my two guest rolling their eyes by the time dinner was over .will be a while before I would conceder returning .Special Features:
- My favorite restaurantZpoetDined on 8/16/2014Horatio's never fails to deliver. The views at sunset are simply breathtaking, and if you're lucky enough to get a window seat, watching the oranges and reds and yellows siloutted against the boats at the dock leave you feeling at peace. I've never had anything less than a perfect meal there and this time it was no different. Each bite a sensation of utter joy....everything simply sublime. It's the best.Special Features:
- ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014We've been to Horatio's 5 times in the past 6 months and have been very happy with the food and service - both have been consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jbandnnDined on 8/14/2014Had a very nice time with my date. The almond crusted scallops and the louie salad were excellent. Our server was very friendly and efficient. Good food, great service, a little pricey though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horatio's=Good food, service & viewZingalDined on 8/13/2014We decided to try Horatio's based on a friend's recommendation. We were surprised with how large the place is. With last minute Open Table reservations, we were seated next to the window with a view. Quite pleasant. We ordered a chef's special, Jambalaya, and were very pleased with our choice. It was excellent. The service was good, and the views of the water add to the ambiance. I would go back for the food, especially the bread, but might think twice because the prices are high. My husband and I spit the salad and the Jambalaya, so that helped with the bill. The portion for a split was perfect. We didn't have room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dirty EstuaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014It is sosad that the Mayor of San Leandro is satisfied with the muck in the water. It was such a nice site when the water was clear, the shore birds were in the water and the boats filled the Marina. Hopefullly when he is out of office the citizens will be able to get their choice back. Now it is best not to sit near the windows.Special Features:
- ServiceJordanDined on 8/12/2014Not only is the food extremely enjoyable, Tammy and Chad have been outstanding. Myself and several co-workers work on Hegenberger Rd. and we frequently eat at Horatios. Appreciate the flexibility of the Chef and the way the wait staff goes out of their way to make us comfortable and able to enjoy our delicious meals. Special thank you to Tammy as she is the person we normally ask for. Chad served me an my family once and was delightful as well. Thank you for being a neighborhood gem! Sincerely, Jordan Hill-WashingtonSpecial Features:
- The BestSparkDined on 8/10/2014Have been dining at Horatios for many years. The food is always awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great resturantGeorgeDined on 8/10/2014have been going to Horatios since it opened, love it for lunch and the view, about 6 miles from my home, it was our 60th anaviserySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horatio's DinnerCarolBDined on 8/8/2014We went to Horatio's for our 22nd wedding anniversary. We had our first date here and have come every year for our anniversary. As always, the service was fantastic! Chad was our server. He's worked here for years and knows how to make people feel special. The food was awesome too! I love the Lobster Bisque and the Burnt Cream (Creme Brulee)!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Consisently GoodDJdinerDined on 8/6/2014Been dining here for 30 years. Pleasant waterfront location. Service always excellent. Never had a bad meal. Food always interesting, well seasoned, fresh. Good choice for fresh seafood.Special Features:
- Great place for familiesOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/2/2014We are a family of four with 2 boys, 10 and 12. While the food won't blow you away, it's good, reasonable and everyone can find something. The garlic bread is the best i've ever had. The service can be slow sometimes. Even though we make reservation through OpenTable, and there appear to be tables available when we walk in, we are ALWAYS made to wait. It's annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was really goodLindag10Dined on 7/31/2014I went for lunch with a group of 5. Service was excellent. Top shelf margarita not the best. I had Mahi Mahi - really good. Everyone else had desert. So delicious next time I'll make room. Great experience. Even the manager offered to take photos for us. Thank you Mr. Irby - I will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what I needed....bertandernieDined on 7/28/2014After a very crazy day, I had the opportunity to enjoy a beautiful view and an amazing martini called "edleflower"....it will change your life:)Special Features:
- Comfortable lunch spot.EastBayLarryDined on 7/28/2014We've been to Horatio's for dinner before, but never for lunch. So this was a first. We were surprised at the lack of patrons, but it allowed us to sit at a window table right on the water. The waiter was excellent, as was the food. All four of us enjoyed very different meals. We came for lunch here because it was convenient for our guests (who were staying at the hotel next door). We'll come back again for lunch because it was a delightful experience.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/27/2014I have been a patron since high school and 25 years later it's still just as good as it was back then. The server, Chad, was very intuitive and knowledgeable and very friendly. The food was excellent as well.Special Features:
- Good food, Service disappointingCherylVIPDined on 7/27/2014I ate brunch at Horatio's and the food was very good. I had the salmon stuffed with crabmeat. My server wasn't attentive in my opinion. I had to ask him for bread when he didn't offer it, he brought me a muffin that was broken in half, and my white asparagus was burnt. Since he didn't come back to check on me, I asked a another food server for another muffin and for asparagus that wasn't burnt. I usually get good service when I come to Horatio's, but not on this visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprise!LisaSDined on 7/26/2014I wasn't expecting too much from Horatio's because San Leandro is not known for fine dining, but it was really good! Celebrating my in-law's 50th anniversary and it was the perfect place for that: folks of all ages could find something on the menu to suit them. I had one of the specials: sesame crusted roast salmon -yum ($28). The calamari appetizer was very tender. Beware, this place is pricey. The petite cut prime rib was $40, regular cut was $47, but great. Definitely a special occasion place. The highlight were the desserts! The key lime pie was amazing...not your typical very tart, thin pie. It was high and fluffy with a generous layer of real whipped cream. Peach blueberry cobbler-yum. Salted caramel martini!- double yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner w/ friendsmajgmanDined on 7/26/2014Another great meal, the crab dip appetizer is my favorite. Salmon special was delicious.Special Features:
- Reservation NOT on timeMsJanetDined on 7/25/2014We arrived about 20 minutes early to get a drink at the bar. We decided to order apps that could be brought to our table. Good thing we did because we ended up eating them at the bar since our table wasn't ready for more than 15 minutes PAST the reservation time - what was the point of making a reservation!?? Dining with older people who are very particular is always a challenge and when our table was late they were not happy. Thankfully the apps were good and the service was great once we were seated.
- Always goodSherryKDined on 7/24/2014I'll say that the food is consistent and good here but the place is in dire need of two things...the first is a face lift. She's old and tired and needs sprucing up. The other is they need to remember they have a very busy lunch crowd and need to act like it. We need to be served quickly as we don't have the luxury of dawdling since most of us are employees from around the area. Nothing is close by so we all have to drive to and from taking up the rest of our time.Special Features:
- business dinnersimplefoodDined on 7/22/2014I find Horatio's a good spot for a week night business dinner. The service is good the pace is not rushed, the food is good and the menu varied enough for most appetites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice RestaurantleflerpetVIPDined on 7/21/2014I had never been there so I didn't know what to expect. We had a very nice lunch. I will definitely go back when I am in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Food was very tasty. Service was great. We will return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinneralcojunkyarddogDined on 7/18/2014we went all out---appetizers, salads, main course, dessert....all wonderful, as usual.....the Burnt Cream is still the bomb, after all these years.....I had salmon and prime rib, portions very large, tasty. Very happySpecial Features:
- Surprisingly Mediocre this timexsvette1Dined on 7/12/2014Service was very good. I ordered the prime rib and salmon. Unfortunately the prime rib was so fibrous that I couldn't finish it, and the salmon lacked flavor. I have always considered Horatio's a San Leandro gem, but my last experience calls this into question. As always though, the Burnt Cream was fantastic!
- golf2eatDined on 7/12/2014We all found the food to be tasty and well served. The service was good, altho we had a large group, the server was prompt and personal. Horatio's has held up well and always pleasant to dine there.Special Features:
- Consistantly GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014Nice menu. We have always enjoyed the food here. It does get noisy in the dining room. So if you are looking for a quiet dinner ask for a table near the edges of the dining room or up top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at HoratiosMaryDined on 7/3/2014Menu is tired. My lunch partner and I ordered fish tacos. We neglected to ask and surprised to find out that the "fish" is breaded and fried? When you think a server's attentiveness would be welcome, this particular server approached our table 6 times prior to placing our order. Felt like we had to make an ordering decision within minutes of sitting down. Plain annoying.
- GoldengirlDined on 7/2/2014My wife and I enjoyed another good dinner and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- willbbackDined on 6/29/2014Pea salad is unique and delicious. We received a large portion of it that we were able to share with five. From past experience that the seafood salad has been excellent, I was disappointed in it this time - rather small portion of seafood on it and the crab was not that tasty. Perhaps wrong season to have it. Also seemed unusual from past experience that bread was not served. My guests all enjoyed their meals of salmon entrees and fish and chips.Special Features:
- LOVE HORATIO'SCookiep77Dined on 6/29/2014We had the best brunch there! The view is beautiful and the service is excellent. The bread with the garlic butter is the bomb!Special Features:
- 61st wedding ann. celebrationCandBviewDined on 6/27/2014Just the two of us had a lovely dinner after a long walk in the nearby Marina Park. This was our first visit to Horatio's. A "find". Everyone was very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.