60 San Leandro Marina
San Leandro, CA 94577Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://horatios.com/page/home
- Phone: 5103515556x
- Hours of Operation:
Weekend Breakfast/Brunch: Sat & Sun 11:00am-3:00pm with Bloody Mary Bar!
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm
HAPPY HOUR Mon-Fri 4pm-6pm & 9pm-close.
HAPPY HOUR: Sat-Sun 3pm-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: David Malenowsky
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: They can accommodate large parties of 8 people or more (separate but not private seating).
- Private Party Contact: Management 5103515556x
- Entertainment: Taped music and satellite fed plasma TV.
- Special Events: Weekend Breakfast/Brunch: Sat & Sun 11am-3pm with Bloody Mary Bar!
A word from Horatio's
Nautically themed and located in the San Leandro Marina, Horatio's offers exceptional food and service with a waterfront view. Their menu includes the freshest fish, seafood and steaks with both new and traditional preparations.Continued
Lunch: $9 to $19
Dinner:$17 to $50
Lunch: $9 to $19
Dinner:$17 to $50
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Horatio's - Best Restaurants in San Leandro ›
Horatio's reviews from OpenTable diners
164 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (123)special occasion (92)good for groups (65)great for lunch (62)neighborhood gem (62)romantic (53)great for brunch (44)fit for foodies (35)kid-friendly (29)notable wine list (22)vibrant bar scene (20)great for outdoor dining (18)late-night find (13)hot spot (11)Show More
- A great getawayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014I've been to Horatio's many times, as I work not too far away. It's a really nice getaway for lunch. You get a nice ambiance, a great view, and good food. It can be both great for groups or for a romantic meal. There is a variety of food for everyone, including vegetarians. My only complaint would be that sometimes the food can take a little long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dinnerluvthisspotDined on 9/28/2014Eight of us dined at Horatio's and were completely satisfied with the food and service. The person who served us that night was the best I have ever had in the years I have dined at Horatio's. She was efficient, seeing to the smallest of our requests with such grace and friendliness. Those who ordered prime ribs were ecstatic, not a trace left of their meal.I had the Mimosa drink for the first time and will order it again. And the dessert, the Key Lime pie, didn't disappoint at all. Thanks for a wonderful evening to remember for a long time.Special Features:
- Great timeSusanDined on 9/25/2014We came to celebrate my husband's birthday. We eat there several times a year and always love the menu. This time we were especially pleased with the menu choices. Seemed like there was a change and it was better than ever! I requested that a friend, Leanne, be our server (if she was working) and we were fortunate that she was! Everyone enjoyed their meals, the service was fantastic (of course), and a great time was had by all. Thanks so much!Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/25/2014Was here two weeks ago on a Saturday afternoon. Service was awful but food was decent. Went on a Thursday and service was much better but the food not so much. I had the chop burger, which I had last time I was here and it was good. In Thursday, yuck! Smothered in the sauce. Vet disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WheatieDined on 9/23/2014Entertained out of town visitors for lunch. Relaxed atmosphere encouraging for conversation. Can always count on good food and service.Special Features:
- Great ambiance!LaneezyDined on 9/21/2014We enjoyed it so much we went back again while on our visit to San Francisco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frantasticDined on 9/21/2014Horatio's is a decent place for a steak and seafood, but is not inexpensive by any means. The service is friendly, the food is good. I like the fact that it's located on the marina. It can be a nice romantic spot to have dinner, sit by the window and look out at the dock and water and after dinner take a stroll. The restaurant itself is old and can use a facelift. Foodwise - we had oysters, calamari, pork chop, prime rib and the fruit cobbler. The pork chop was the special for the evening and although it was good, it's not the best I've had. I think it could have been a little juicier, but it had good flavor and a nice crust. Everything else we had to eat was good, but not amazing. It's definitely a nice, casual place to come for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dinner Foodstarshidefire59Dined on 9/21/2014Dinner selections are wonderful. I've never been disappointed by my choices. Taste is superb and prices is fairly reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HoratiosjodineDined on 9/19/2014Decor needs updating. We enjoyed the excellent service and food.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and Service!HawaiianTravelerVIPDined on 9/17/2014I have been to Horatio's several times and I think the restaurant is a steady performer with consistently very good food and service. Had the prime rib and salmon and both were excellent. Finished off with the key lime pie - delicious!Special Features:
- Very niceDavidVIPDined on 9/17/2014The restaurant had a casual atmosphere. It was on the water with lovely views. The service staff was very friendly and helpful (3 visits in one week for dinner). The menu had many options including specials, vegetarian choices and a nice selection of fish. The wine list was weighed toward California wines, the prices were very reasonableSpecial Features:
- Always a good betEastBayDinerVIPDined on 9/13/2014This place has been here for years and so glad it continues to stay busy and fresh. Our waiter was delighted to be our server and the food was great as usual. They are flexible on substitutions and we wonder why we do not go more often.Special Features:
- midlevel experiencedineoftenDined on 9/12/2014The menu prices are high for a middle of the road dining experience. I ordered prime rib and it was a tough piece of meat and served barely warm.
- noteasilyfooledDined on 9/12/2014I had the sirloin steak. The steak was excellent, but at $28.00 I expected a way better side than French fries,(which were listed on the menu with a misleading pseudo-classy sounding name that didn't tip me off that they were mere fries). It should have included asparagus and baked potato, or small, (but high quality) salad. In other words 2 decent sides. $28.00 for just a steak and a couple fries is inexcusable, no matter how good the steak is. I won't go back, because it's not worth combination of the price and the drive. I went there 7 years ago, and it was better then.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but pricyLMS15561Dined on 9/12/2014We enjoyed our meal, service was good, but meals are a bit over priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Re-visitSherryKDined on 9/10/2014My lunch here was a re-visit due to poor service time the last time I was here. The food is consistently good and this time the service was fairly prompt. I will say however, the restaurant wasn't very crowded this visit.Special Features:
- maliburonVIPDined on 9/9/2014needs some serious updating....the restaurant looks like it needs a upgrading.
- Always a PleasureIamBMWVIPDined on 9/6/2014Took family here for a belated birthday celebration as the celebrant LOVES the Bloody Mary Bar. Salads, burgers, clam chowder were all great as usual! Server was extremely attentive and food was delivered in a FLASH!! The complementary birthday creme brulee with whipped cream and berries plus a candle finished off an extremely lovely lunch.Special Features:
- Excellent, as alwaysAndyDined on 9/4/2014I've been coming to Horatios for almost 10 years now when I'm in San Leandro on business. We take new employees in our department to Horatios to welcome them to our team and it's always well received. The service staff is pleasant, inviting and knowledgeable of the menu. The food is even better!Special Features:
- Amazeballs!!!AmazingEatsDined on 9/3/2014Victor was our waiter and he was amazing!! Was very enthusiastic and friendly and helped with any questions we had throughout our night. The food was amazing!! The soup of the day was a pork pozole and oh my goodness my husband and I fell in love!! We would definitely recommend Horatio's to our friends and family! It's a bit pricey but very much worth every penny!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs experienceLuciDined on 8/31/2014My friend and I enjoyed Sunday brunch and, while the food was fine, our young server needed more experience. He interrupted too many times, always apologetically. He poured more iced tea,but forgot about topping up the coffee. Trying to take the payment after just a minute or two necessitated another interruption and apology. That said, he was sweet, smiling and probably new. I would definitely return for all the good things about Horatio's! And also to see his improvement!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horatio's VisitToobukuDined on 8/27/2014This is our favorite fine dining spot when we visit during Raider Football Season! My wife and I love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luncheon diningWheatieDined on 8/25/2014I have been coming to Horatio's for years. It is just the right place to have dinner with friends and to celebrate special occasions. The atmosphere is very relaxed, the dress is casual and the menu offers items for all tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealfeesDined on 8/24/2014Food and Service were awesome. Our server went the extra mile to make suggestions and customize our meal. Recently dined at Skates, to take in the Bridge view, and had my first average meal, and poor service. I've not had that happen at Horatio's.Special Features:
- Everything was FantasticBabygirlDined on 8/24/2014My family and I have been coming to Horatios for several years. I made this reservation through the "Open Table" app on my phone. I requested a booth, and thats what we got. Our request was granted. Very satisfied. The food was great, and the waiter was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised!Hungrygerlll523Dined on 8/24/2014I made reservations for brunch at Horatio's for my mom's birthday; we had been there before, and we both loved it. When I made the reservation, I requested a nice table(for a group) by the window, so we could have a view, and when we arrived, we were escorted to the perfect table with a lovely view. Our waitress provided exceptional service; she was very polite(apologizing for interrupting the convo when she checked on us), patient(giving us extra time for everyone to arrive and then for us to figure out what to order), and helpful(telling us about endless mimosas and her fave drink). The food was OUTSTANDING. Everyone in the group got something different, so I got to try 2 salads, a burger, and salmon.All I can say is: YUMMMY!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Anniversary at Horatio'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2014I would highly recommend for all occasions. Danica took care of our table and was wonderful. They had just changed some menu items and my husband tried the Jerk Salmon - the presentation was so nice he didnt want to ruin it but was glad he did as it tasted perfect. I was very happy with my twice baked chicken and the portions were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish it had been betterfrtomVIPDined on 8/16/2014With a little bit of effort Horatio's could disprove the saying "the better the view the worse the dining." The kitchen was slow; the salad never arrived. Which was ok because it would have been too much food to have after an ample and tasty Calamari appetizer and before the prime rib (which wasn't the best I have ever had but was a generous portion and a good value for the price). The problem was the horseradish sauce that looked like errant mashed potatoes. Not a happy surprise. But one that could be averted by putting the horseradish in a little container. This was not the first time this issue has been noted in an online review. Waitress was professional and friendly, more points for upfront handling of the absence of rare prime rib.Special Features:
- food123456WOOWOODined on 8/16/2014was disappointed in my entrée this time around , found the stuffed Mahi Mahi with side of white beans a bit on the heavy side ,also found the dialogue of our server a bit over the top, too much information on the Menu and chefs specials and so glad your here and will send compliments to the chef , had my two guest rolling their eyes by the time dinner was over .will be a while before I would conceder returning .Special Features:
- My favorite restaurantZpoetDined on 8/16/2014Horatio's never fails to deliver. The views at sunset are simply breathtaking, and if you're lucky enough to get a window seat, watching the oranges and reds and yellows siloutted against the boats at the dock leave you feeling at peace. I've never had anything less than a perfect meal there and this time it was no different. Each bite a sensation of utter joy....everything simply sublime. It's the best.Special Features:
- ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014We've been to Horatio's 5 times in the past 6 months and have been very happy with the food and service - both have been consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jbandnnDined on 8/14/2014Had a very nice time with my date. The almond crusted scallops and the louie salad were excellent. Our server was very friendly and efficient. Good food, great service, a little pricey though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horatio's=Good food, service & viewZingalDined on 8/13/2014We decided to try Horatio's based on a friend's recommendation. We were surprised with how large the place is. With last minute Open Table reservations, we were seated next to the window with a view. Quite pleasant. We ordered a chef's special, Jambalaya, and were very pleased with our choice. It was excellent. The service was good, and the views of the water add to the ambiance. I would go back for the food, especially the bread, but might think twice because the prices are high. My husband and I spit the salad and the Jambalaya, so that helped with the bill. The portion for a split was perfect. We didn't have room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dirty EstuaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014It is sosad that the Mayor of San Leandro is satisfied with the muck in the water. It was such a nice site when the water was clear, the shore birds were in the water and the boats filled the Marina. Hopefullly when he is out of office the citizens will be able to get their choice back. Now it is best not to sit near the windows.Special Features:
- ServiceJordanDined on 8/12/2014Not only is the food extremely enjoyable, Tammy and Chad have been outstanding. Myself and several co-workers work on Hegenberger Rd. and we frequently eat at Horatios. Appreciate the flexibility of the Chef and the way the wait staff goes out of their way to make us comfortable and able to enjoy our delicious meals. Special thank you to Tammy as she is the person we normally ask for. Chad served me an my family once and was delightful as well. Thank you for being a neighborhood gem! Sincerely, Jordan Hill-WashingtonSpecial Features:
- The BestSparkDined on 8/10/2014Have been dining at Horatios for many years. The food is always awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- barry3Dined on 8/10/2014Atmosphere was excellent off San Leandro boat harbor, takes you back in time. The desert and the service were particularly good. Will return when we are back in the area.Special Features:
- Great resturantGeorgeDined on 8/10/2014have been going to Horatios since it opened, love it for lunch and the view, about 6 miles from my home, it was our 60th anaviserySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horatio's DinnerCarolBDined on 8/8/2014We went to Horatio's for our 22nd wedding anniversary. We had our first date here and have come every year for our anniversary. As always, the service was fantastic! Chad was our server. He's worked here for years and knows how to make people feel special. The food was awesome too! I love the Lobster Bisque and the Burnt Cream (Creme Brulee)!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Consisently GoodDJdinerDined on 8/6/2014Been dining here for 30 years. Pleasant waterfront location. Service always excellent. Never had a bad meal. Food always interesting, well seasoned, fresh. Good choice for fresh seafood.Special Features: