60 San Leandro Marina
San Leandro, CA 94577Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://horatios.com/page/home
- Phone: (510) 351-5556
- Hours of Operation:
Weekend Breakfast/Brunch: Sat & Sun 11:00am-3:00pm with Bloody Mary Bar!
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm
HAPPY HOUR Mon-Fri 4pm-6pm & 9pm-close.
HAPPY HOUR: Sat-Sun 3pm-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: David Malenowsky
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: They can accommodate large parties of 8 people or more (separate but not private seating).
- Private Party Contact: Management 5103515556x
- Entertainment: Taped music and satellite fed plasma TV.
- Special Events: Weekend Breakfast/Brunch: Sat & Sun 11am-3pm with Bloody Mary Bar!
A word from Horatio's
Nautically themed and located in the San Leandro Marina, Horatio's offers exceptional food and service with a waterfront view. Their menu includes the freshest fish, seafood and steaks with both new and traditional preparations.Continued
Lunch: $9 to $19
Dinner:$17 to $50
Lunch: $9 to $19
Dinner:$17 to $50
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Horatio's - Best Restaurants in San Leandro ›
Horatio's reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (109)special occasion (87)good for groups (69)romantic (59)great for lunch (56)neighborhood gem (56)fit for foodies (45)great for brunch (35)kid-friendly (26)vibrant bar scene (22)notable wine list (18)late-night find (17)hot spot (16)great for outdoor dining (12)Show More
- Horatio'sdianeDined on 11/22/2014We had a 5:30 reservation for five people and arrived right on time. We were first ignored by reception and then told someone would take us to our table as soon as he got back. That person came and went two times (on some errand but not seating others) while we waited. There were no other people waiting to be seated. When we were taken to our table we were led to table on an upper level when we had specifically asked for a table by the window. With us was an elderly lady on crutches. When I went back to the desk to complain we were let to a lovely round table by the window. The table was set for six and the place setting was removed but there was no effort to remove the extra chair which wasn't done until we called back the waiter to take it away. All the food ordered was very good. The pea salad was especially good. We chose Horatio's as we had out of town guests staying at the airport Hilton and it was the best choice close bySpecial Features:
- RylaDined on 11/21/2014The food and service were over the top! I would highly recommend dinner there and would love to try the Sunday brunch sometime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horatio'sCyranoDined on 11/19/2014I should have read the menu more carefully. I did not realize the crab sandwich was baked. I just do not like hot crab, and it was hard to taste the crab through the spices. The New England clam chowder was also too heavily spiced. I could not taste the clams. My guest ordered the Caesar salad and said it was great. The wine list was quite good. I will definitely return: The ambience was wonderful, Lighting was great and the sound level was pleasant. We were seated promptly at a lovely window table. Our server did an excellent job, The ambience will bring me back. I will be more careful in my menu choices.
- LOVEOMGDined on 11/11/2014Great services we really enjoy our lunch. Our server was very courteous and very knowledgeable of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a FAVNaddaDined on 11/8/2014This place never disappoints!! Waiter was fantastic, food was wonderful, wine was just right!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigRedReviewDined on 11/6/2014Food was excellent and service was exceptional. I will be back.Special Features:
- Go where the Best is2dineistoenjoyDined on 11/5/2014Horatios is a tight run ship. The crew makes it a pleasure to dine there. The food is outstanding. Thes Sail andatmosphere is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/4/2014The service and food are always outstanding! Scenic view of the water and boats adds to the pleasant environment.Special Features:
- Way OverpricedBubbaVIPDined on 11/3/2014Had the New York steak and mixed green salad for $50. Wasn't much better than what I could get at Sizzler. Service was okay. Martini was warm. For that amount of money, I'll go to Eddie V's next time.
- does not disappointTapestryVIPDined on 11/3/2014Took a group of colleagues for a business lunch. Everyone enjoyed their meal and the restaurant as a whole experience was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place for out of town guestsOISHIDined on 11/2/2014I had visitors from out of town and immediately made reservations for lunch this past weekend. I always appreciate the ample parking and easy access from the freeway. There is always a variety of menu choices from sea food to prime rib sandwiches. I was disappointed that in my online reservation I requested a window table for five but was seated elsewhere even though there was window table available. When I asked about being seated there, I was told it won't accommodate the five people in my party. Once seated, I think the response to obtain your order could improve however, the waitress did return several times to the table once the food was served. I like that we can talk comfortably and enjoy the view of the marina.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal -- Great viewnewjobcelebrationDined on 10/30/2014The only thing keeping me from 5 stars across the board was that the music seemed a little loud for this sort of restaurant. Food was great. Portions just right.Special Features:
- Nice LocationRay84Dined on 10/26/2014Took a lady friend there for brunch on an NFL Sunday on the recommendation that I find a spot with Mimosa's and a nice view. I'm happy to say that Horatio's was the perfect place of that. Endless Mimosa's, a nice view of the San Leandro Marina + Bay, and tasty food to compliment the experience. 3 of the 4 Mimosa's were available that day and we got to try them and compare our thoughts on them. Good starter menu, with a nice variety for entrees.Special Features:
- A Special placeNeverDisappointedDined on 10/21/2014We had a visitor from Alsaka and wanted to treat her to a special place. We chose Horatio's because the food is consistantly well prepared and good. Also, our server was very helpfull when the wine I ordered was not what I expected. We usually go there to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night at HoratiosCatBDined on 10/18/2014We had a wonderful experience, with one exception. They ran out of Lobster by 8:00. We had two wait staff and Mr. El was a delight. He made our evening, and we plan to return soon hoping to see him again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/18/2014We found the service and food great. Would go back in the futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasionsPaulDined on 10/18/2014Great place for special occasions. Had my Mom's birthday dinner there. Staff was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed food and experienceCTP1Dined on 10/17/2014Have always liked Horatio's and will definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFUL SETTINGEastBayFoodieDined on 10/17/2014Good food, caring staff, wonderful view... can be busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Any Bay Area DiningToobukuDined on 10/11/2014We have tried a lot of places to eat in the Bay Area and this one is by far our favorite when it comes to scenic fine dining. We really love dining at Horatio's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WE LOVE HORATIO'SCookiep77Dined on 10/8/2014We're so glad this restaurant is still in business after all these years. The service was great! Our waiter was so knowledgeable and accommodating. We will continue to entertain our out of town guests here and plan special occasions here.Special Features:
- Brakie007Dined on 10/2/2014Staff treated us very well, especially our host, Littleton.Special Features:
- Great for lunch...JimJudyVIPDined on 10/2/2014Really enjoyed the Crab Louie with a couple strong Arnold Palmers. It was a beautiful day with a view of the yacht harbor after a round of golf across the road.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nautical themeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/2/2014Appropriate nautical theme adjacent to the marina -- a bit dated, but not bad.Special Features:
- Horatio'sSharonSDined on 9/29/2014Food was fabulous. I had the sirloin and prawns. The steak was slightly overdone (just ever-so slightly) but it was tender and had a great flavor. I had the clam chowder and it was the best I think I've ever had - at least the best I can remember. The service was excellent. We had a very professional but friendly server, the food was prompt and we so enjoyed the view of the marina. My husband had the scallops which he said were delicious. He had the lobster bisque and loved it!Special Features:
- A great getaway1foodieDined on 9/29/2014I've been to Horatio's many times, as I work not too far away. It's a really nice getaway for lunch. You get a nice ambiance, a great view, and good food. It can be both great for groups or for a romantic meal. There is a variety of food for everyone, including vegetarians. My only complaint would be that sometimes the food can take a little long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dinnerluvthisspotDined on 9/28/2014Eight of us dined at Horatio's and were completely satisfied with the food and service. The person who served us that night was the best I have ever had in the years I have dined at Horatio's. She was efficient, seeing to the smallest of our requests with such grace and friendliness. Those who ordered prime ribs were ecstatic, not a trace left of their meal.I had the Mimosa drink for the first time and will order it again. And the dessert, the Key Lime pie, didn't disappoint at all. Thanks for a wonderful evening to remember for a long time.Special Features:
- Great timeSusanDined on 9/25/2014We came to celebrate my husband's birthday. We eat there several times a year and always love the menu. This time we were especially pleased with the menu choices. Seemed like there was a change and it was better than ever! I requested that a friend, Leanne, be our server (if she was working) and we were fortunate that she was! Everyone enjoyed their meals, the service was fantastic (of course), and a great time was had by all. Thanks so much!Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/25/2014Was here two weeks ago on a Saturday afternoon. Service was awful but food was decent. Went on a Thursday and service was much better but the food not so much. I had the chop burger, which I had last time I was here and it was good. In Thursday, yuck! Smothered in the sauce. Vet disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WheatieDined on 9/23/2014Entertained out of town visitors for lunch. Relaxed atmosphere encouraging for conversation. Can always count on good food and service.Special Features:
- Great ambiance!LaneezyDined on 9/21/2014We enjoyed it so much we went back again while on our visit to San Francisco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frantasticDined on 9/21/2014Horatio's is a decent place for a steak and seafood, but is not inexpensive by any means. The service is friendly, the food is good. I like the fact that it's located on the marina. It can be a nice romantic spot to have dinner, sit by the window and look out at the dock and water and after dinner take a stroll. The restaurant itself is old and can use a facelift. Foodwise - we had oysters, calamari, pork chop, prime rib and the fruit cobbler. The pork chop was the special for the evening and although it was good, it's not the best I've had. I think it could have been a little juicier, but it had good flavor and a nice crust. Everything else we had to eat was good, but not amazing. It's definitely a nice, casual place to come for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dinner Foodstarshidefire59Dined on 9/21/2014Dinner selections are wonderful. I've never been disappointed by my choices. Taste is superb and prices is fairly reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HoratiosjodineDined on 9/19/2014Decor needs updating. We enjoyed the excellent service and food.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and Service!HawaiianTravelerVIPDined on 9/17/2014I have been to Horatio's several times and I think the restaurant is a steady performer with consistently very good food and service. Had the prime rib and salmon and both were excellent. Finished off with the key lime pie - delicious!Special Features:
- Very niceDavidVIPDined on 9/17/2014The restaurant had a casual atmosphere. It was on the water with lovely views. The service staff was very friendly and helpful (3 visits in one week for dinner). The menu had many options including specials, vegetarian choices and a nice selection of fish. The wine list was weighed toward California wines, the prices were very reasonableSpecial Features:
- Always a good betEastBayDinerVIPDined on 9/13/2014This place has been here for years and so glad it continues to stay busy and fresh. Our waiter was delighted to be our server and the food was great as usual. They are flexible on substitutions and we wonder why we do not go more often.Special Features:
- midlevel experiencedineoftenDined on 9/12/2014The menu prices are high for a middle of the road dining experience. I ordered prime rib and it was a tough piece of meat and served barely warm.
- noteasilyfooledDined on 9/12/2014I had the sirloin steak. The steak was excellent, but at $28.00 I expected a way better side than French fries,(which were listed on the menu with a misleading pseudo-classy sounding name that didn't tip me off that they were mere fries). It should have included asparagus and baked potato, or small, (but high quality) salad. In other words 2 decent sides. $28.00 for just a steak and a couple fries is inexcusable, no matter how good the steak is. I won't go back, because it's not worth combination of the price and the drive. I went there 7 years ago, and it was better then.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but pricyLMS15561Dined on 9/12/2014We enjoyed our meal, service was good, but meals are a bit over priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.