Hops and Vines
16 Water Street
Williamstown, MA 01267Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Hops and Vines
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://hopsandvinesma.com/
- Phone: 4138841372x
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH & DINNER - Tuesday - Saturday11:30 AM - 10 PM
CLOSED SUNDAYS & MONDAYS
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Beer Garden, Contemporary French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Robert Beuth
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Private Events are Welcome, Join us in our Private Tasting room for Chef's Tasting dinners for parties of up to 10 ppl. For large party reservations and private events please contact Rachel DeRose via email firstname.lastname@example.org or (413) 884-1372
- Special Events: Join us this Summer for our Wednesday Evening
"Sommelier Summers" with our Court of the Master Sommelier memeber
Ruben Eduardo as he present a 3-course tasting dinner every week.
Call the restaurant to find out more details (413) 884-1372
A word from Hops and Vines
Located in scenic Williamstown, in the heart of the Berkshires, Hops and Vines features both casual and formal dining rooms. The “Hops” beer garden provides a classic beer garden experience with an approachable, casual environment perfect for family style seating or group dining. The “Vines” Brasserie is a formal dining room with comfortable, elegant seating and top level service. Hops & Vines offers modern takes on comfort food with exciting twists on classically inspired French Brasserie Cuisine in a New American Menu. Complementing our cuisine – is a full bar, specialty cocktails, craft beers on draught and a discerning wine list.Continued
For a one of a kind dining experience, step in to our Chef’s Tasting Room and dine at our Chef’s Table where Executive Chef creates unique pairings of food and wine.
For a one of a kind dining experience, step in to our Chef’s Tasting Room and dine at our Chef’s Table where Executive Chef creates unique pairings of food and wine.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hops and Vines reviews from OpenTable diners
- Charming!BobbyVIPDined on 1/11/2014A quiet dinner on a Saturday night, maybe because it was early (5:30) and we sat on the Vines side. The Hops side with football on TV was livelier. Amy was our delightful waitress, attentive and careful, but never pushy or intrusive. Appetizers, salads, and entrees were served with well-spaced timing, allowing us to enjoy them without feeling rushed. We were there to relax, so it was just about perfect from our perspective. We skipped the evening specials just because the menu was so attractive. The clams were dressed so well we thought they could be an entree. The lamb meatloaf was delicious. Dessert was a very nice surprise with mini-hot-fudge-sundaes on the menu -- so cute for $2 each, and with a variety of flavors, that we ordered two!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GemDarleneDined on 12/3/2013We were up skiing at Jiminy peak and were concerned about fine dining choices. Hope and Vines was excellent! Great food service and experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner spotChickenDinnerDined on 11/16/2013Service was incredible, and the food was good. Portions were a little smaller than I expected, but I had a great experience nevertheless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice placelalsDined on 11/16/2013Had a lovely 31st anniversary dinner. Great food, relaxed un-rushed atmosphere, cozy yet sophisticated atmosphere.Special Features:
- We went for a special homecomingfamilythymeDined on 11/9/2013We went for a special homecoming gathering and were pleasantly surprised with a private table for eight. The staff was knowledgeable, attentive, and friendly. The food was outstanding and elegantly presented. A wonderful night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerjerseyjDined on 10/29/2013Great food, very helpful server. The best salads ever! Have recommended Hops & Vines many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time dinnerartsyfartsyDined on 10/25/2013On my way to MassMoca for a performance and stopped by for a burger. Awesome burger it was. Loved it and the great fries that came with it. The bar has comfortable high seats and are more comfortable than the high seats in the dinning area where we were seated originally. We asked to be moved because the seats were uncomfortable for us larger, shorter folks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beer sampleLizzieDined on 10/18/2013Loved the beer sample we each told the bartender what kind of beer we liked and he custom made one for each of us...the butternut squash risotto was to die for!Special Features:
- Go to North Adams instead!drbobDined on 10/11/2013Don't bother. The food was mediocre, at best: overcooked fish; dried-out mushrooms; unimaginative-yet-expensive salads. Dessert was acceptable, but not for the price. The room was comfortable and well-lit, but we were serenaded by a spectacularly talentless jazz band, for whom the waitstaff was quite nice to apologize, repeatedly. The waitstaff were friendly, competent and professional. I repeat: Don't bother.
- First time to this spot. FoundWeekendVIPDined on 9/20/2013First time to this spot. Found it interesting. We were greeted with one menu item not being available at 7:30 on a Friday evening. Three red wines were available by the glass and the one I chose was not available. Our waitress had good input for a beer selection for my husband. Interesting apps for sharing. I chose the duck breast, which was outstanding and tender. My husband chose the sea scallops and was equally pleased with his selection. Beautifully presented. Good desserts.
- LovelyCarolVIPDined on 8/20/2013We had a good dinner at Hops and Vines. My oysters were fresh and succulent, halibut bedded with a pesto sauce inventive although the fish was a bit dry, and a delicious blend of peas, fava beans and mushrooms as a side. In honor of my birthday, the chef sent over a sweet following our meal. Very nice! And finally, excellent expresso - all well served by a friendly young woman.Special Features:
- The pork entree was outstanding!EDREDREDRVIPDined on 8/18/2013The pork entree was outstanding! As was the mac and cheese we ordered. Unfortunately, the special crab cake was spiced so heavily that you could not taste the crab and the salad I had was way too oily. The "coffee and donuts" dessert was not enjoyable- the mini donut bites were dry and hard. However, the pork dish and the side of mac and cheese, as well as the ambiance and service, were so enjoyable that we are totally going to dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfy setting, innovative menuFreshIsBestVIPDined on 8/18/2013With limited choices in this idyllic community Hops and Vines offers an interesting menu, comfortable and tranquil dining, a wonderful beer and wine list and pleasant staff. Our dinner was quite good with the exception of an undercooked Creme Brûlée and mediocre french press coffee (why do so many restaurants have trouble brewing a proper cup of coffee!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wondeful, Creative FoodMarkDined on 8/16/2013This place is a real find in the area-- nice outdoor dining in the flower-filled "Beer Garden". Food is well thought out and well prepared. 2 Vegetarian entrees. Drinks are very good, and a large selection of wines and beers. Even a sommelier. Only flaw was the slow service, fortunately we had allowed 2 hours but had to make the theater at 8. Waitress was lovely but mains took 45 mins to arrive, and any requests either took forever or had to be re-requested. I would go back, however.Special Features:
- All goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2013We enjoyed dinner before going to the theater and enjoyed all aspects: service, noise level, good food, good beer and wine selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place95s6Dined on 8/16/2013Exceptional food presentation and tastes. Excellent wine choices and knowledge to assist patrons. Don't expect left overs for next days lunch. Not a criticism, especially as we were from out of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A stand out meal in WilliamstownOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/8/2013We really enjoyed our meal at Hops and Vines. We sat on the Vines side and had a very attentive young waiter. The vegetarian options are unique and tasty, and the chicken was quite good as well. Delicious strawberry rhubarb cobbler for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in townMemereDined on 8/7/2013Lovely food, fresh and beautifully prepared. Indoor ambiance is noisier than you'd expect for a small place. Pleasant staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImprovedMombo2Dined on 8/6/2013H&V has a new, farm-to-table menu. Much better than their previous, fussy, overly-spiced food.Special Features:
- Worth a special triponthebeachDined on 8/3/2013Menu has inventive dishes extremely well prepared in a fun setting with especially welcoming service both inside and outside. Both the specials from Saturday evening - the grilled shrimp appetizer and the salmon main course were wonderful. This is definitely a restaurant oasis for the area of Williamstown and North Adams.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hops and Vines was Hopping!NutmeggerDined on 8/3/2013With a brilliant sun coming through the window, we were seated at a table in the rear by the bar ala Robert DeNiro in the main dining room. (My husband had eye surgery and finds it difficult to sit facing brilliant light, but please don't put that in any review.) His appetizer shrimp special was exceptional as was my cod brandade. His lamb chops and my diver scallops were superb, but it is in the finishing touches that Hops and Vines excells: polenta under the shrimp, a parsley-garlic sauce with the brandade, and beautifully prepared vegetables with the main dishes. As we left the dining room, we saw that the casual room with trestle tables was filled with diners and the outside terrace chock-a-block., all quite understandable.Special Features:
- So Great We Went There Twice!GothamDuoVIPDined on 7/26/2013We went there for dinner and it was fantastic so we decided to go back again. Both times the food and service was outstanding and the the atmosphere was not pretentious. Great find and Williamstown gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great, attentive service.reviewerVIPDined on 7/26/2013great, attentive service. Creative menu that had something for everyone. Save room for dessert!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty, Convenient, InterestingDoctorJCVIPDined on 7/26/2013Great for before and/or after Williamstown Theater Festival productions. Excellent beer and good wine list. Wait staff was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite good, though with one misstepOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/26/2013The zucchini-ricotta strudel was quite delicious and terrific idea. The jumbo grilled prawn was also wonderfully flavorful and attractively presented. A Wellfleet Countneck Clam dish was also quite good. The only misstep was that I had ordered a cheese plate that featured a cheese called "Bloom" that is made my the Cricket Creek Farm in Williamstown, but when this dish was served it turned out not to be that cheese. When I asked the waiter about this, she said that they had run out of the cheese on the menu so they had substituted another kind of cheese. This had not been mentioned previously, and I thought it was inappropriate to have served something other than what I ordered without having told me of the substitution.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal, great service!SusanMDined on 7/25/2013We had a wonderful dinner at Hops and Vines before going to the theater at the Williamstown Theater Festival a few nights ago. Everything about the meal was great - really good food and wine, friendly quick service. What was especially nice was the quality of the food/drink/service combined with a friendly, unpretentious but professional atmosphere. It made for a memorable meal and I look forward to eating at Hops and Vines again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern SceneLenoxLadyDined on 7/24/2013Outstanding modern furnishings so refreshing in a part of the world overrun by country chic. Waiter an enthusiastic foodie. My falafel was delicious and oh so more elegant that the street-vendor variety. The fresh seafood platter was the least stunning presentation but pleased she who ate it. A convenient pre-WTF stop. (Or post?)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Williamstown FindLindaCDined on 7/24/2013We had a lovely meal in the "Vines" part of the restaurant, a contemporary, upscale brasserie (the "Hops" part is a casual beer garden, and we're looking forward to trying that soon). The menu features generous portions of fresh local food, beautifully and creatively prepared. The chilled champagne-peach soup and the grilled pork with goat cheese polenta and broccoli rabe were outstanding. Share the smoked bacon mac & cheese - it is the richest we've ever had. Service was prompt, friendly, and attentive. Perfect for pre-theater (the Williamstown Theatre Festival is just a half mile away).Special Features:
- We will be back!PeabodyDined on 7/20/2013We'd never eaten at Hops and Vines before, and were pleasantly surprised by all aspects of our experience. Our party of 6 was seated in a corner so we could all hear each other without taking over the restaurant. Everyone commented on their meal and said how much they enjoyed the food. The waitstaff apologized that our table wasn't ready when we walked in - so everyone recieved a lovely glass of cava; then the table was ready a minute later.Special Features:
- Go for the menuTomWDined on 7/19/2013All the food and drinks (we were a table of four) were excellent. Some very creative items: champagne and peach soup, beet "falafel"--both were superb. Best clams ("Wellfleet Countneck Clams") dish I've ever had. We had drinks first in the "Hops" room and then dinner in the "Vines" room. Both rooms rather noisy--the acoustics, not the diners. Mixed experience with wait staff individuals. We'll go back, though, because the food was exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food, nice staff-friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2013We have just discovered this restaurant- And it was a fun experience. We sat at the bar and watched the very busy bar staff move efficiently, keeping up friendly conversations with those of us eating there. The beers and mini desserts were well priced so we took advantage of that! Our main dish was not inexpensive and the servings were not huge, but enough for us seniors. Service was fast and efficient and the chicken was delicious. We enjoyed our couple of hoursSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real find!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/17/2013A great addition to the Williamstown dining scene. Excellent ingredients; flavorful dishes; very pleasant atmosphere. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming butOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/12/2013Salmon was well prepared but to say the crab cakes were a major disappointment would be an understatement--they were terrible
- We live in Williamstown andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2013We live in Williamstown and use this restaurant occasionally. The food was tasty but in some cases much too salty, particularly the chicken thigh with mushrooms, fava beans and garlic. One of our party thought her salad (greens, beets) was also too salty. The service was fine. Like most busy restaurants, it was much too noisy. But what can you do? I like it better off season. Take out the "Greats" in your categories above and I would have clicked several of the descriptions. It is good and sometimes very good, but I would not call it "great".
- Williamstown, Mass.GrillVIPDined on 7/10/2013This terrific restaurant gets you out the door in time for the curtain at the Williamstown Playhouse. The food is really good and interestingly different. There were four of us and we each enjoyed a different entree. We came back after the play for a gooey dessert and some more of the fab service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sunday brunchwtfsundaybrunchDined on 7/7/2013Always have had a great meal at Hops and Vines. Unfortunately, this trip disappointed slightly. The watermelon champagne soup was good but not chilled enough and the sweet potato/sausage hash was mediocre. Also their half and half or Arnold Palmer had little iced tea and was watery. I am sure this was an exception to my normal meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for WilliamstownCrabbyPattyVIPDined on 7/6/2013It's a good choice for dining. Friendly service. Servers and hostess looked a bit harried but that's to be expected when the place is full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- People going to The Clark,OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/3/2013People going to The Clark, the Williams College Museum or Williamstown Theater should definitely consider this restaurant for before or after.Special Features:
- Good pre-theater valuerdrdDined on 6/27/2013Short menu of simple staples all done extremely well. Service was outstanding. Nothing fancy but great place to count oh for getting excellent food prepared perfectly.Special Features:
- On the corner.AlxWalterfrankDeltaDined on 6/18/2013The Montepulciano D'Abruzzo was lucious, but fell a little flat -- next time a better pairing will be on order. Service, however, was outstanding, as was the PDR. This is an exceptional spot for Hops or Vines, with reasonable prices available on both menus. This venue is sure to delight the senses in the months to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.