Hook & Plow
2100 Alaskan Way
Seattle, WA 98121Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
Hook & Plow
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hookandplow.com/
- Phone: (206) 256-1040
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30AM - 11:00AM. Saturday - Sunday: 6:30AM - 12:00PM.
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00AM - 5:00PM. Saturday - Sunday: 12:00PM - 5:00PM.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, Sunday: 5:00PM - 9:00PM. Friday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Vegetarian, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Thomas Horner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We have an enormous banquet kitchen offering delectable menu options and catering needs to meet anyone's requests!
- Private Party Facilities: Holding up to 40 guests, our perfect Private Dining Room overlooks our open design kitchen and has its own music and lighting venue! We even offer Internet access throughout keeping up with today's expectations. Book with us today!
- Private Party Contact: Dustin Fangman 2062561043
- Entertainment: Full bar with 3 flat screen televisions and unlimited Directv!
Entertainment during the summer months include live bands, weekly BBQs, wine and beer dinners, and music throughout the entire Hook & Plow Restaurant, Bar, and Patio!
- Cross Street: Lenora St
- Public Transit: King County Transit System stops right in front of the restaurant!
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: For guests and groups of up to 20 guests, we offer complimentary valet parking for up to 3 hours! Where else in downtown Seattle can you have an amazing meal with phenomenal views and free parking?! Come join us....
A word from Hook & Plow
Locally sourced. Seasonally timed. Tastefully diverse. Welcome to Hook & Plow. Seattle's newest modern American Gastropub, Hook & Plow is now here onsite at the Seattle Marriott Waterfront overlooking Elliott Bay! Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner with food from the most fresh, regional ingredients available. We accompany our outstanding menu with local brews, wine, and spirits from right here in the Pacific-Northwest! Come on in!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hook & Plow reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (6)scenic view (6)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)fit for foodies (3)good for groups (3)special occasion (3)kid-friendly (2)romantic (2)neighborhood gem (2)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Mixed emotionsHungryManDined on 11/24/2012My wife liked it, I did not. My food was ok, my wife liked hers. Would I go again, maybe.Special Features:
- Went for breakfast 2 daysDinnerVIPDined on 11/9/2012Went for breakfast 2 days in a row because it was so good. Had the crab eggs Benedict and they are out of this world. The side smashed breakfast potatoes are amazing, perfectly cooked.Special Features:
- Great local seafood and northwestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012Great local seafood and northwest produce! Chef was willing to accomodate special requests for food preparation in keeping with dietary constraints. Spotless open kitchen. Melt in your mouth halibut and salmon cooked just as they should be. Appetiser trio plate was prepared including a crab cake, shrimp cocktail and a small pork slider (wonderful additon of jalapeno jelly made it memorable). Clam chowder tasted great -- we were told the bacon is actually smoked in - house. Tasted perfect. Attentive and very professional service.Special Features:
- Don't overlook this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/16/2012As far as restaurants in hotels go, this is a superior choice. Nice selection of well prepared food. Had the Salmon (what else in Seattle) and it was grilled perfectly. Bargain priced three course meal for $30. Wonderful clam chowder with chunks of oven backed small potatoes and big pieces of bacon. Don't miss it.Special Features:
- We had dinner there that wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/4/2012We had dinner there that was a mostly forgettable experience in a totally empty restaurant. Very dull, no ambience, etc, etc. I made sure that the manager was informed and she provided us with a coupon for breakfast. That experience was fine. The food was good, the restaurant had patrons and service was fine.Special Features:
- Only ate here as staying atNomadDined on 8/3/2012Only ate here as staying at bthe hoptel. Very avwerage -- I'bve had dinner at Anthony's across the stret and would definite;y go there next time.
- Noisy! Good food, but don'tOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/13/2012Noisy! Good food, but don't plan on having a conversation.Special Features:
- Attention to every detailOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/16/2012Attention to every detail of your dinning experience, from the service to the presentation, to the food.Special Features:
- Good for steak and potatoesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/2/2012There is nothing wrong with the Hook and Plow food if you are looking for well prepared salmon or steak. There is everything wrong with OpenTable advertising this place as a gastropub.
- This place is suited for touristjdysonDined on 4/7/2012This place is suited for tourist coming off cruise ships and staying in the hotel. The salmon was boring and overpriced for people who live here and know better. They say there is a view but not really - although across the street from the bay can't see any water only sail masts
- Had a friend in town and IOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/31/2012Had a friend in town and I totally slacked on a reservation and this was the only spot I get 4 into at 7:00pm... I was disappointed when we arrived to find there was a private party in the restaurant and dinner patron were being served in the library / bar annex of the joint (The restaurant is located in the Marriot). The food was aight.. The service was meh.. I wish I could say I was hooked or plowed when I left but I was neither. Don't see us stopping by here again.
- Food was overly salty lacedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/9/2012Food was overly salty laced with too much pepper. Oil, salt & pepper overtook the flavors of the vegetables and salmon. The restaurant's appeal is its location.Special Features:
- Nice ambiance, more tailoredRinaVIPDined on 3/6/2012Nice ambiance, more tailored to business folks feeling.To tell the truth, there was not anything outstanding about the $30 Dine around Seattle deal, which is why we went. We had not been to Hook and Plow before and probably not go back again unless there is company in town. My husband did not care for the king salmon, which is what was advertised but instead looked like a coho; tiny piece of fish. My husband even asked the server and she said it was indeed a king salmon. I really enjoyed my chicken tenders and the cassoulet, both off the regular menu.
- magnificant view,service,foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/16/2012This is one of the most amazing under the radar restauraunts in seatte. Located in the Waterfront Marriott I found the lunch of rockfish to be scrumptous. On the water dinning in an alcove that looks right on to the water and feels as though it is your own private dining room. The chef came by to ask for my review and the GM of the hotel did as well. You truely get the vip treatment. I will be back.Special Features:
- The service was very poor,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011The service was very poor, food was cold and took forever to make it to the table. The burger was brought out without any condiments. We were party of six and the gratuity was included on the check. I got a call the next day saying that one of the checks did not get paid, when it was. Very unpleasant NYE dinner.
- We had a small party of 4OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2011We had a small party of 4 for Christmas dinner at the Hook and Plow for 3:00 pm. We received a call around noon to let us know that they had lost power in the wind storm. They told us that they would have a buffet or we could take our chances on restoring services. We decided to take our chances and arrived on time. They were not quite ready so they bought us a drink at the bar while we waited. We just barely got our coffee when they came to let us know that we could pick any table we wanted and enjoy the buffet. The food was very good especially considering the difficulties of preparation. There were several choices of meat/fish and side dishes. The food was well prepared and very tasty. The vegetables were excellent. Dessert too