Hook & Plow
2100 Alaskan Way
Seattle, WA 98121Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
Hook & Plow
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hookandplow.com/
- Phone: 2062561040
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30AM - 11:00AM. Saturday - Sunday: 6:30AM - 12:00PM.
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00AM - 5:00PM. Saturday - Sunday: 12:00PM - 5:00PM.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, Sunday: 5:00PM - 9:00PM. Friday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Vegetarian, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Thomas Horner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We have an enormous banquet kitchen offering delectable menu options and catering needs to meet anyone's requests!
- Private Party Facilities: Holding up to 40 guests, our perfect Private Dining Room overlooks our open design kitchen and has its own music and lighting venue! We even offer Internet access throughout keeping up with today's expectations. Book with us today!
- Private Party Contact: Dustin Fangman 2062561043
- Entertainment: Full bar with 3 flat screen televisions and unlimited Directv!
Entertainment during the summer months include live bands, weekly BBQs, wine and beer dinners, and music throughout the entire Hook & Plow Restaurant, Bar, and Patio!
- Cross Street: Lenora St
- Public Transit: King County Transit System stops right in front of the restaurant!
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: For guests and groups of up to 20 guests, we offer complimentary valet parking for up to 3 hours! Where else in downtown Seattle can you have an amazing meal with phenomenal views and free parking?! Come join us....
A word from Hook & Plow
Locally sourced. Seasonally timed. Tastefully diverse. Welcome to Hook & Plow. Seattle's newest modern American Gastropub, Hook & Plow is now here onsite at the Seattle Marriott Waterfront overlooking Elliott Bay! Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner with food from the most fresh, regional ingredients available. We accompany our outstanding menu with local brews, wine, and spirits from right here in the Pacific-Northwest! Come on in!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hook & Plow reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelQuiet
great for lunch (6)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (4)good for groups (3)fit for foodies (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (2)romantic (2)special occasion (2)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- It was okayEveryyearDined on 9/6/2014Very limited menu. Advertised items were not available. I saw a waiter spill a tray full of water glasses with ice on a lady by mistake!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/17/2014We ate our delicious fish and chips on the patio, watched people stroll by and the ferries sail away. The service was great, just a beautiful evening and great food and views.Special Features:
- MasonVIPDined on 8/10/2014Like this place. Prices up 20% portions down 40% from last time we were there.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/10/2014This was our second time for brunch and we look forward to going again. The food is very fresh, locally sourced and of high quality. The made to order omelettes are wonderful, their croissant are really buttery. The bacon and sausage are from a local supplier and really delicious, the smoked fish is made in house. They have fresh berries and other fruit. You can have made to order waffles, french toast and pancakes. It's all deliciously prepared right in front of you, even though it's called a buffet.Special Features:
- disappointingseattlelynnDined on 7/11/2014There were only 4 tables dining on a Friday night and it still took over 2 hours top east there. They were very slow with the food, got a few items wrong and then offered us free dessert. They came around raving about their special for dessert more than once and then we ordered it and they told us they were out of it. One person in the party ordered something else, and then when they finally brought the desserts out 30 min later they let her know they were out of what she ordered so brought something else. Would not go back here.
- italiansmithVIPDined on 6/28/2014Really disappointed with our experience with Hook & Plow. Had heard good things about the restaurant but after dining would never go back. Service was horrendous. We had to ask our server if there were any specials and wouldn't have known about them if we didn't ask. After three of the four of us received our food and one of the people we were with had a hair on their fries - we finally flagged down the server to let her know about the hair and the missing dish to which she replied 'Perfect' and left with the fries. All the while we could see the missing dish up on the counter just sitting there getting cold and then we watched the watress walk by our table with the missing dish all the way to the back of the restaurant.
- The following 48 reviews are from the Hook & Plow reviews archive.
- Mother's Day BrunchChell1996Dined on 5/11/2014I found this place through opentable.com and was very pleased. It was easy to get to and they vouchered up to 3 hours for parking. That was great. The set-up of a traditional buffet was a little different but that didn't change the food. Never been for anything else but we would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Corporate and a bit over pricednottoopickyDined on 5/11/2014Not coming back, but none of the food was bad. We did a mother's day brunch for 35/plate, but the food was probably only worth 20/plate.
- Mothers Day BrunchwhodamanDined on 5/11/2014We should have arrived 1/2 hour later. When we arrived at 10am, there was very little set out. I filled up on a bagel and potatoes. When I checked back 1/2 hour later, that is when the prime rib, eggs benedict, ham, etc... was available. By that time, I wasn't hungry anymore. I was extremely disappointed that this selection wasn't available when we arrived. Likewise, my son filled up on oatmeal and wasn't hungry when the rest was set out. We would have been better off ordering from the menu. Our waiter was great but I am giving the service only a two star because it was a poorly planned brunch.
- Best Breakfast & Brunch in SeattleShopaholixDined on 4/19/2014My aunt and I were in Seattle this past Easter weekend for a vacation. The Hook & Plow's buffet breakfast was so amazing that we made reservations on the spot for Easter brunch. The brunch also surpassed our expectations. The food was outstanding. The view was amazing. The service was impeccable. Special kudos going out to Jackson for being the consummate attendant, making sure that we had plenty to drink and that we had everything that we needed. We were so impressed with the service that we have decided to make this restaurant a mainstay stop during our annual vacation getaways. It's difficult to find good food at a reasonable price in restaurants by the waterfront, but they managed to easily satisfy 2 foodies with high standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marriott, really?Denver1964Dined on 4/14/2014Hook and Plow is found inside the Marriott hotel on the Waterfront, which is a very convenient and easy location to get to. Rest of dining exp was poor, clues should have been the dining room was empty and only the bar had a bunch of rowdy drinkers in it. Prices are high for what you get, which we ordered the Salmon, and Dungeness Crab entrees (no offers for salad or desserts). Service staff seem more interested in setting up the dining room, than service to us. Salmon was well done, but the Crab entrée was 1/2 a crab, and the gray color of the crab looked old and dried out. Noise level from the bar got so bad we almost left twice. Dining experience would not warrant a return, there are better places on the waterfront.
- Hotel Restaurant trying really hardBethDined on 3/29/2014Hook and Plow is the restaurant attached to the Marriott hotel down by the waterfront. I think due to its location that they don't have a lot of walk in clientele. Even though it was lovely and the food was very good, the restaurant was mostly empty on a Saturday evening. With some dedicated marketing, I think they will do well. I would certainly eat here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try to get a "gallery" tableSoCalGeofVIPDined on 3/24/2014If it's a quiet evening, you may want to request a "gallery" table. Although it's in what's essentially a hallway, it has a more secluded feel and a better view of the waterfront than many of the other tables in the dining area. It might not be the best location if there's a lot of foot traffic between the restaurant and hotel lobby, though. The menu selections are varied and reflect Northwest Cuisine (as expected). I enjoyed the fried cheese curds and short rib flatbread. I tasted the Cioppino and thought it was pretty good, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Possibilities4foodDined on 3/22/2014The food was good, but could be better if the restaurant wasn't connected to the hotel and had to cater to so many palates. If you want good food without a wait In the busy aquarium area, this is a good choice. The pear tart is an awesome dessert.Special Features:
- The food was full of flavor,faith19Dined on 2/14/2014The food was full of flavor, the decor was modern, and the atmosphere relaxing. It definitely leads one to want to return. However, our table was set for 3, even after being assured that the reservation would be changed to 4 when I called the restaurant. When all 4 of us were seated, one person had an empty water glass, and our server came by serveral times before it was finally filled. We went out on V- Day, so a lot of time was spent explaining the special tasting menu w/ wine pairings, which noone wanted. But, we were left guessing what type of cheese was on our salami and cheese board. He was also didn't take our tastes into account when suggesting a bottle of wine, and it was not to our liking. It might have just been an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Spot with Great FoodStefDined on 1/11/2014We stayed at the Marriott and weren't expecting much from this adjoining restaurant. At 7pm, only 2 tables were filled. They were out of many things, and the wine list was pretty bad. However, as soon as our salads arrived we were happy. I had the wedge w/tomatoes, bacon and blue cheese, which was quite good. The half size was more than enough. I followed it up with a filet mignon & smashed potatoes. All delish! You know how you order a filet at a good restaurant and it's almost buttery soft and tender, and other times it's firm, chewy, just a steak? This was the most buttery tender filet, well portioned and perfectly rare plus, just as I requested. The breakfast buffet the next morning was equally delightful! A very pleasant surprise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok brunchKayfrenchDined on 12/23/2013Stopped in here for a group brunch with friends. Food was adequate, some people loved their omelets where they picked their own ingredients. Wait staff was ok, not super friendly or accommodating. We asked for things like ketchup and jam and my friends child waited awhile for his toppings for his waffle. Best part was the location and ability to make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ResturantfoodieDined on 11/9/2013Most of the food is local and everything delicious. I highly recommend this place. I went with a group and we tried several appetizers, fried cheese, spinach and crab dip, veggie flat bread and it was all amazing. I highly recommend the spinach and crab dip. My entree was the crab cake and it was very good, but not a lot of food which was fine for me since I wasn't too hungry. For dessert I had the bananas non-foster which everyone tried and agreed it was the best dessert. You can see Elliot Bay and the Great Wheel from your table. Definitely worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service, Food goodUptownSeattleDined on 10/10/2013I wrote a detailed review of entire meal and experience, but exceeded characters by 1200......too bad, you really need to let a writer write. Your reviewers would have enjoyed reading it.Special Features:
- Not really a gastropub- still greatJRinOCDined on 9/25/2013We had a very nice meal and Elijah the chef was very accommodating to my food allergy (wine) he made excellent recommendations and was very caring. The razor clam appetizer was a little bland but the dipping sauce made up for it! The crab cake had very little filler, mostly crab. It was lightly crisp, not deep friedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AvoidBlazorVIPDined on 8/19/2013We dined at 6:30 and the place was understandably empty. The food was almost uneatable. The steak ordered medium rare came almost well done, sent back it came rare. The pasta and meat source might have been made by an army cook in the battle field. I'm Marriott lifetime Gold and never had such a poor meal at a Marriott facility.
- Delicious food and great serviceCiaohoundDined on 8/9/2013We had oysters on the half shell to start, along with fried cheese curds (which were recommended by the waitress), and both were outstanding. The curds came with a garlic jam; it was a lovely sweet & savory accompaniment to the very light and crispy (and perfectly melted) curds. Next we shared 3 more items: a very tasty flatbread of beef short ribs, carmelized onion, fig, arugula and oregonola, an order of delicious fish tacos, and a classic iceberg wedge with blue cheese and blistered cherry tomatoes. Everything was absolutely delicious and plentiful, and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Failed to impressOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/14/2013Even with a reservation, our group waited for more than 15 min for a table, additional 10 min to place a drink order- including water. Our table was located in the private dining area, the room temp was freezing!! The group waited close to 30 min for The main courses to be served. The person who's meal would have been served last in the delivery process, was informed only then, that they were out of muscles and her selection wouldn't be possible and could she please find something else to order. Why wasn't this made known right away?! I blame the chef for this- not the server, but none the less- a dark cloud over the meal. So while we all had our original choices from the menu, one member of the group was asked to wait longer for a meal.
- Nice ViewFRamirezDined on 7/10/2013The outdoor seating is great for relaxing and enjoying ships go by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual fun waterfront viewOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/29/2013A calm place to enjoy a meal while watching passersby stroll the waterfront. Good food, comfortable surroundings, pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best clam chowder in seattleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2013all their food is locally sourced and deliciously prepared. amazing clam chowder. I'd go back.Special Features:
- we had the tasting menu andNajaDined on 5/24/2013we had the tasting menu and I would recommend it to anyone. Great food for a great price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very happy with the Hook & PlowOregonTouristDined on 5/10/2013We stayed at the Marriott for 2 days and had 4 meals at the Hook & Plow. All were excellent; everything was fresh and flavorful. Great breakfast choices. Staff was very attentive and service was outstanding at all times. We asked for some menu substitutions; they were happy to accommodate. Best possible location and very nice view of the waterfront.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hook & Plow DisappointsDianeMVIPDined on 4/24/2013Except for the personable bartender and above-average clam chowder, this restaurant served mediocre food to each person in my group. Given so many other dining options nearby, I won't be back. Very disappointing for a Marriott.Special Features:
- Very beautiful scenery andOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 4/24/2013Very beautiful scenery and wonderful outdoor atmosphere. Service was great and the food was delicious!!Special Features:
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2013We were going to eat at Etta's, butwe thought this restaurant would be good and convenient to get to. The food was not very flavorful and did not have any special twist for the price and the surrounding competition. The breakfast food was a bit greasy as well. The evening and morning hostess was wonderful--we got the same gal twice!--and the breakfast server was very good. However the evening server was awful, even with an almost empty restaurant. If I ever go back to this restaurant, it will be with other mom's who want something to eat after checking out the aquarium. It seemed very kid friendly, which is the best thing I can say about this restaurant.Special Features:
- Best unknown place in town???OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2013Went for valentines day dinner, set menu. Very tasty food, not sure why it was not busier. Good wait staff, kitchen handled my dairy issue fine.Special Features:
- We went there for Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013We went there for Valentine's day to check out the scene, so it was a special menu for the day. The food, service, ambience were all acceptable, though nothing stood out as particularly special. I'd try it again on a non-holiday. The former restaurant there was awesome for happy hours, so hopefully this meets or beats that experience.Special Features:
- It was good, not great, butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/25/2013It was good, not great, but pretty solidly good. It was pretty empty, quite, pretty casual. The northwest wine list was pretty good, and really reasonably priced.
- The Brunch was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012The Brunch was excellent. It isn't the most impressive spread but for 22.00 they had an excellent waffle/pancake chef and the omlet bar was great.Special Features:
- Went with a friend for ChristmasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/25/2012Went with a friend for Christmas breakfast. The food was delicious, very fresh, well-prepared, our preferences followed perfectly. The room itself is rather cold-looking, not at all "cozy". The waiter was excellent, attentive without hovering. Would go back for the food but not for the setting.Special Features:
- We were looking for reasonably-pricOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/23/2012We were looking for reasonably-priced brunch in the downtown area, and we found it at Hook & Plow. I had read reviews that raved about the Crab Benedict, so that was an easy choice for me. My husband chose the sausage-of-the-day w/the Beecher's cheddar omelet w/toast. Both meals came with the same breakfast potates, and they were fantastic. Both our breakfasts were tasty & hot & and beautifully presented. Our server was very friendly & knowledgeable & prompt. We had a table @ a window w/comfy chairs, and our coffee and water were refreshed frequently. On top of fabulous food & service & seating, they offer 3 hours validated valet parking for restaurant customers! We will definitely return!Special Features:
- Very crowded attached to aBelltowngirlVIPDined on 12/23/2012Very crowded attached to a hotel. Many children were very distracting. Server was swedome. Buffet hard to understand.
- Ceasar salad dressing tooOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/9/2012Ceasar salad dressing too much anchovie otherwise food was very good. Desserts were great.
- Went for breakfast 2 daysDinnerVIPDined on 11/9/2012Went for breakfast 2 days in a row because it was so good. Had the crab eggs Benedict and they are out of this world. The side smashed breakfast potatoes are amazing, perfectly cooked.Special Features: