Honu Kitchen and Cocktails
363 New York
Huntington, NY 11743Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Honu Kitchen and Cocktails
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.honukitchen.com/
- Phone: 6314216900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 5:00pm-12:00am Sunday 4pm - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Robert Flaherty
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: On premise catering available
- Private Party Facilities: Private party room up to 55.
- Private Party Contact: Timmy 6314216900
- Entertainment: Friday & Saturday nights starting at 11:30pm Honu has outstanding DJ's that start spinning and the dining room is transformed in to a dance floor & lounge.
A word from Honu Kitchen and Cocktails
A long Island favorite, Honu Kitchen and Cocktails continues to impress. Driven by the freshest local ingredients, Executive Chef Robert Flaherty’s seasonal American menu boasts an “excellent” rating from the New York Times. Soaring loft-like ceilings, elegant furnishings and a buzzing bar create a sophisticated setting matched by Honus renowned hospitality and polished service. Cuisine, setting, service: Honu is the perfect choice for any occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Honu Kitchen and Cocktails - Best Restaurants in Huntington ›
Honu Kitchen and Cocktails reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (54)hot spot (41)good for groups (41)special occasion (35)late-night find (29)fit for foodies (25)neighborhood gem (24)romantic (22)notable wine list (12)great for brunch (10)great for outdoor dining (10)great for lunch (7)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Good night overall!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We had a great night from our waiter Anthony that was very nice and helpful and the food that was great. We went on Saturday night so the DJ came on at 10:30pm, the moved some tables and created a dance floor which was great! I love supper clubs and that was the reason we went there in the first place. My only complain and the reason why I didn't give it 5 stats is because the drinks were not very good. We were 5 girls that ordered different drinks twice and none of us liked our drinks. The taste was off and the drinks were weak. Because of the location and how pretty the place looks I really think they should make better cocktails. I used to bartend so I know what a mojito should taste like.. lol.. Overall, great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/29/2014Great ambiance. Good service. Good music. Great menu but the food itself Left a lot to be desired. The sesame seed tuna quality was not great. Have bad much better. The lobster bisque was very bland. Probable the worst I ever had. The pumpkin tortellini was decent. The salad Had too much dressing otherwise it was good. If they can improve the quality and the taste of the menu they will have a fantastic place.Special Features:
- Off nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014We caught this restaurant on an off night. Burgers are always great, the rib eye was served with gorgonzola and a red wine demi glace but was actually bland. The steak was thin and over cooked just didn't taste well, normally a rib eye has so much flavor it doesn't need accompaniments. Finally the Mahi Mahi special was over cooked and dry. Sal our waiter was on his game, as usual. Normally this restaurant is special, unfortunately not this time....I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice restaurant.MarakiVIPDined on 8/23/2014This was our first visit. They had a very good price fixe menu. Food was good, but I thought they could have had more entree choices. Our waiter was very good and had a great sense of humor.
- Great place!lauren2brookeDined on 8/22/2014Amazing. Very romantic and great place for late night dine! Food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect night outKeepitchic112Dined on 8/16/2014We always have a wonderful time everytime we visit honu. The food and drinks are amazing and the atmosphere is ideal for a fun night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gluten free delightsEllen28VIPDined on 8/9/2014we invited friends to join us for a delicious dinner. our waitress, rita, was wonderful...i am gluten free, she took the time to answer my questions and find out about certain foods. she was helpfrul & friendly. dinner was terrific. we love the atmosphere. looking forward to going back...Special Features:
- Food was disappointingChewyTuna411Dined on 8/2/2014I've eaten at this restaurant several times and the food was never disappointing. However, this was the first time that the food was. I always look forward to ordering the Ahi Tuna as it usually never disappoints. This time around it was very chewy and overcooked. We tried to return it but it was difficult to get the waitresses attention and we were hungry.Special Features:
- Avoid Thursday nightsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/31/2014Went on a Thursday night. It was difficult to get wait service. not enough servers were around. Food was OK for the price. The braised short ribs were dry. Unfortunately, the restaurant turns into a night club on Thursday night. That means drunk guido idiots who think they own the place and bar fights. STAY AWAY !!!!!!!
- outstanding!eat2liveDined on 7/26/2014Excellent menu with many options good selection of speciality drinks. Very attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeArgoldsteDined on 7/25/2014Waiter was great- good food- great people watchingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!FranDined on 7/19/2014In an area where there are dozens of restaurants Honu is a great restaurant with a great variety of food options. Our waiter Sal was amazing! Hubby had the huge steak salad. I had the pumpkin tortellini and tuna/crab cakes. All food was fresh & cooked to perfection. Try the coconut martini! Quality all around at this restaurant. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- great trestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2014great time. great food. great scene. can't wait to come back. i have zero complaints. it was perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elcieDined on 7/12/2014Went with a small group of friends and was so pleased with our choice of this restaurant. The place was full, energetic and had a lively atmosphere but still able to have conversations without shouting above the noise. Loved it and would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014Quite a few of our dishes, water glasses, and utensils were dirty. The food was of poor quality. I had salmon which was bland and was served on a big blob of quinoa. The food was totally unappealing and lacking in good flavor. It reminded me of diner food. We were extremely disappointed as we had read good reviews. The ambience of the restaurant was very nice. I would never return or recommend this restaurant.
- Love it every time!KvpromosVIPDined on 6/28/2014Neighborhood favorite! This past weekend had a great table in the front by the street- beautiful night! Thanks Honu!!Special Features:
- Great serviceEricDined on 6/24/2014The food is wonderful, and the menu is very original. It's a decent date spot, and it has a significant bar scene on the weekends.Special Features:
- Good food, great wait staffSmkcpaDined on 6/21/2014The only negative comment that I have about Honu is the parking, but that is not restaurant specific. Since the entire area is so active, parking can take a while to find. I have dined here twice, and both times I had a great meal.Special Features:
- PamBVIPDined on 6/14/2014Love this restaurant! We've eaten here many times and the food, service and ambiance is wonderful. I highly recommend it and we will keep coming back.Special Features:
- Wonderful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014My wife and I celebrated our 4th anniversary here and had a wonderful time. The atmosphere, food, and service were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of huntingtonMrfoodVIPDined on 5/31/2014Honu always delivers great food and service. From the greeting at the door to the professionalism of the servers, great and innovative food make dining here a must on your list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014Ambience and waiter(Salvator) were great. Food was ok. I would definitely come back. Just for the bar atmosphere though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weeknight DiinerAnaRDined on 5/22/2014Went to redeem a Living Huntington deal . Got seated very close to bar. It was noisy as a group was celebrating a birthday! Service was friendly and prompt. Small plates were great. The seafood entree ordered -sides were better than the fish. Overall impression -Good place to go out in a group for cocktails and hang out at the bar .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedNotgoingbackDined on 5/11/2014Went for Mother's Day brunch menu was very basic - food was bland - no bread basket at our table very disappointed .
- Mother's Day BrunchDragonminderDined on 5/11/2014Honu has a special Mother's Day brunch. During the day this cavernous venue is quiet, unlike at night when the bar area is jammed and the music is pounding. The special brunch menu offers a good selection at a good value, but don't even think of asking for substitutions. Service was cheerful and for the most part attentive.Special Features:
- A keeperGmh5Dined on 5/9/2014We've eaten at Honu several times before going to a show at the Paramount theatre. The food is consistently good and the staff is excellent. What's nice is, our waiter/waitress will always ask if we're going to the Paramount so they can make sure you are out in time for the show. I have a food allergy and they have always been very accommodating. We will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- The following 802 reviews are from the Honu Kitchen and Cocktails reviews archive.
- Good eating!RestaurantGoer75Dined on 5/4/2014The food was great, the environment is very nice, cozy and romantic. I've been there 4 times and its always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Restaurant Week WinRadioPeriVIPDined on 5/4/2014Although we visit Honu at other times during the year, we always try to get there for LI Restaurant Week, when virtually the entire menu is offered for the prix fixe. The sesame-seared tuna is a standout, and this time we also went with the upcharge for the ribeye, which was still a bargain. Solid food and good service are the hallmarks of a Honu experience, and we'll be back again long before Fall Restaurant Week. (BTW, noise is also a feature of the place, so if you want to actually talk to your dining companions, go early or late. But go.)Special Features:
- Drinks are horrible. Fire the DJ.LuvtodineoutDined on 5/3/2014The drinks were horrible and the DJ sucked. We had a $400 tab and every drink except the coconut martini was awful. The crowd was loud and rowdy and they allow crouds in booths to stand and sit over the chairs which is rude and obnoxious. Our waitress was ok. After she got her $80 tip she never ever followed up after we were sitting there for a good after our meal was over. Thank goodness the food was good. If not, I wouldn't recommend this place however I will including the cons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovetodineDined on 5/3/2014My girlfriends and I went to Honu before a show at the Paramount. It was restaurant week. We were served appetizer, entree and dessert for 27.99 pp. The food was right off the regular menu. It was quite good. The service was great and our waitress made sure we were out in time for our show. Good food and great service oh and the best was the Coconut Martini. Absolutely delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Spot before the show!!!!!!!ElkmanVIPDined on 5/3/2014Restaurant was across the street from the Paramount!!! Perfect place before and after showtime!!!!Special Features:
- best of huntingtonMrfoodVIPDined on 5/2/2014honu remains the best food in Huntington by far. everything we had was outstanding. pumpkin tortellini, fried calamari, quesadilla, and scallop appetizer very good. tuna, skirt steak, shrimp and scallop risotto and pork main courses also outstanding. we did not get rushed. service was very good. they deliver in every way to make your dining experience truly wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderul Dining ExperienceNanla1823Dined on 5/2/2014Spent a great evening enjoying first the best Happy Hour! Signature drinks for $5. Best coconut martini's in Huntington Village! After dinner we requested a high top table in the bar area and enjoyed a terrific dinner. Food was delish. It was restaurant week and the entire menu was available to choose from unlike a lot of restaurants that allow you to choose only certain items. The steaks were extra but not by much. It was still a great value. Our waitress was spot on and was happy to make suggestions. This is one our our favorite restaurants to go to on a Friday evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoroughly enjoyed our dinnerluvfoodDined on 5/2/2014We went for restaurant week and thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience. Would highly recommend!Special Features:
- Great PlaceIzzyDined on 4/30/2014Food was very good. Waitress Amber was very nice. Will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingFoodFaceVIPDined on 4/30/2014Have been here many times. You can't go wrong, the food is amazing, priced well, and the ambiance is really nice. Service could not be more attentive. If you complain about this place then you are probably very difficult to please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm Impressedmutt765Dined on 4/27/2014We went here on restaurant week and I was very pleased with the way they structured the deal. You can order anything you want from the regular menu with only a few items costing extra. I thought this was a pleasant change from only having a few choices for each course on a prix fixe menu. As the for the food: Starter: Seared Scallops with chipolte bbq and creamed corn. - Absolutely delicious, this was definitely the highlight of my meal. The scallops were cooked perfectly and the dish came with what I think was seaweed strips on top, they're similar to tortilla chips and gave the scallops and the corn a pleasent crunch when combined into one bite. Entree: Roasted Black Sea Bass - Also great but I'm running out of space... Just go, do it.Special Features:
- Great menu for restaurant weekroxieeDined on 4/27/2014We have been to Honu many times and have always had a great meal and great service. Excellent menu for restaurant week. I had the daily soup special which was fantastic and the skirt steak with brussel sprouts and totally enjoyed it. We will continue to go back to Honu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2014Outstanding dinner in a vibrant and exciting venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific and Unusual FoodGEH82Dined on 4/24/2014We enjoyed the unusual combination of spices and sauces with all of our dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.