Honga's Lotus Petal
135 E Colorado Ave
Telluride, CO 81435Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Honga's Lotus Petal
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://hongaslotuspetal.com/
- Phone: 9707285134
- Hours of Operation:
Open Nightly at 5:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Asian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Honga's Lotus Petal
Located in Beautiful Telluride, CO, this highly-touted restaurant serves fresh Asian-influenced cuisine and Sushi.Sustainability and Social Responsibility are key in all decisions made at Honga's Lotus Petal. Meats and Produce are organic, local when feasible, and all natural. The fish is flown in 4 times a week from Hawaii on ice - never frozen.Honga, Executive Chef and the Sushi Chef take great pride in ensuring that Honga's Lotus Petal works with only the most sustainable fisheries in the world. Honga's boasts a comprehensive wine and sake list as well as an extensive cocktail list. All of which can be enjoyed in the dining room, at the sushi bar or in the Mountain Chic Downstairs Lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Honga's Lotus Petal reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (14)neighborhood gem (10)special occasion (6)good for groups (5)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (4)romantic (3)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Asian-fusion telluride favoritefrannyDined on 9/25/2014A wonderful, creative small plate menu opened our dining experience. of particular note were the delectable dumplings, the yummy seaweed salad, and the adorable tiny peppers. the entrees were very eclectic but my favorite is their blackened tofu Also check out the wonderful bars (one upstairs and , more intimate , one downstairs where they have preserved the original Roma's bar)Special Features:
- envirogypsyDined on 9/14/2014Excellent food, service and ambiance. Our party of five were able to get in during a busy weekend and all had a great time. A little priceySpecial Features:
- Creative Asian foodwgdasuVIPDined on 9/1/2014We.stop here whenever we are in Telluride. Honga's has creative adaptations on many Asian favorites like Penang curry, Pad Thai, any Bulgogi. The Veggi egg rolls are delicious. A great selection of teas. Service is always friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/24/2014For all the talk, the food was mediocre, service lacking interest, and ambience so-so compared to other great spots in Telluride.
- great food, but….FoodieVIPDined on 8/19/2014Wonderful food and initially service was fast. However once we were finished, it took almost as long to get the bill as it did to get our food. Also, the last two times we have come, the receptive music was so annoying. Fit for a rave club, not a fine food experience. And we were upstairs in the main dining area - not the bar/lounge downstairs.Special Features:
- The food is delicious, BUTTR25VIPDined on 7/24/2014the food arrives in what ever order is convenient for the kitchen and sushi bar and I find this annoying. I don't want to eat pot stickers or spring rolls or sashimi AFTER my entree. Every other restaurant in the world times their presentation of appetizer and entree accordingly, why can't Honga's Lotus Petal? Also, our table asked for additional bowls and silverware in order to share the dishes. These were politely brought to our table by one server only to be removed by another passing by who saw them as debris. Again, delicious food, but overall a frustrating experience....
- Fabulous food in a great space!samlongchefDined on 7/19/2014Our server was very menu-savvy, friendly, and gave us great direction. The food was light, refreshing, well-prepared, made with beautiful, fresh ingredients. The space was open, airy, and comfortable. We enjoyed a great evening at Honga's!Special Features:
- S L O WTKirkVIPDined on 7/5/2014Service was extremely slow. We needed to get to a show at 8:30 so made the reservation for 7:15. We were rushed when the food finally showed up.Special Features:
- Hongas Lotus Petal delivers againChicagoToddDined on 7/3/2014We got a chance to chat with Honga about one of the new dishes on her menu that we ordered, the Panang curry. She is genuinely interested in sharing her thoughts on dishes, etc. Also got to meet her last year when I bought her cookbook and got it signed by her. This place can get a bit noisy, but a fun place to visit - and we always do when we are in town!Special Features:
- Great SushiLoves2eatDined on 6/27/2014Tuna was awesome. I did ask for fresh wasabi and they gave me something that was not it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 204 reviews are from the Honga's Lotus Petal reviews archive.
- Great late night sushiRaddocDined on 6/1/2014Got our reservation after a recommendation from a friend. Great service, friendly staff, and good food. Would definitely return on out next trip to Telluride.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third or fourth time we haveOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/4/2014Third or fourth time we have been to Hongas. They never disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and good for everyoneAllyDined on 3/19/2014Nice kids menu. Great menu with a variety of categories to choose from. Great sushi menu. Great for sharing with the whole table. When I go we order a bunch of things (usually one item from each menu category) and all share. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious mealCharBarDined on 3/11/2014We had another great dinner at this local Telluride hot spot. Menu was interesting and food was well presented and delicious. Waitresses were knowledgable and friendly. It was a great evening and we can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honga's is always goodGreerDanDined on 2/28/2014The food is good but the menu limited and usual. Some of our old favorites are gone but the sushi is still good but very expensive compared to California.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missing teakkr1Dined on 2/16/2014Once again, we enjoyed a tasty dinner at Honga's. Thankfully their new pared down menu still contained most of our old favorites. We did miss the tea and saki menu.
- Entrees delicious!SkiQueenDined on 2/14/2014Our server raved about the Brussels sprouts, but the 4 of us agreed they were really not good. We had to send the first batch back as they were too salty. I've had much better sprouts. Anyway, my husband had the surf and turf and said it was to die for. I had the miso glazed salmon and it was the best salmon I've ever had. The kids had a steak dish they seemed to really like. I say skip the appetizers and go for the entrees.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot in Telluride!AZhikerDined on 2/7/2014Loved Honga's! Great shareable plates. Lots of gluten free options. Loved the crab spring rolls, sushi, sugar snap peas! pad Thai was not as good as the other options. We will return on our next trip to telluride!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi -fun night outMomDateDined on 2/6/2014In town to ski and be with family living there - Hongas was recommended and did not disappoint. Ate at small table in the sushi bar - perfect for 3 and to watch the sushi chefs hone their craft. Highly recommend the rainbow roll and uoshi sushi - excellent. Service great and sushi chefs friendly and fun to watch. Downstairs (main) dining room was busy and looked like a fun vibrant place - will go again - service and front of house all good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hongas, best restaurt in TellurideDarrinDined on 1/4/2014Hongas is a required dining experience whenever I am in Telluride. The food is exceptional! The fresh spring rolls and blackened tofu are must haves, but have never had a bad dish. It is pricey, but all restaurants in Telluride are expensive. The noise level is high so don't go there if you want a quiet, romantic dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/28/2013We have gone to Honga's for years. The menu has continually shrunk which would be ok if more things were left on of interest to kids (like fried rice). But that alone isn't what will keep us away for some time. We had a reservation and arrived on time. A party of our same size had arrived just before us without a reservation. They were given the table that was intended for us and another table was set for us - which was too small for our group. The service from there was poor. Servers frequently seemed uncertain which table an item was intended for so we didn't get things we ordered. While the food we got was good, our guests were less than impressed given the overall poor service.Special Features:
- Great Telluride SpotvpbranDined on 12/26/2013Had a great meal with the entire family at Honga's. The food was exceptional and was portioned to allow a lot of sharing and sampling at the table. The range of flavors was exceptional as well as the choices among the local beers. I also had the pleasure of meeting Jesse, the head chef - he saw me peering into the open kitchen and invited me over for a closer look. It was an impressive experience to watch the team prepare all the orders and get them out quickly. I recommend Honga's to anyone coming to Telluride.Special Features:
- Love the new menu!KimPDined on 12/9/2013The food was so good. The new chef is bringing back the old Honga's magic. The new restaurant layout makes for an even cozier, friendlier ambience. Can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Mojitos and excellent food.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/14/2013We eat at Honga's every time we are in Telluride. Had my first mojito there and loved it. The food is excellent and place is usually crowded and lively. Good place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hongas during FilmCindysaDined on 8/28/2013Great food well prepared and well served despite huge crowdsSpecial Features:
- Fish quality is outstandingWacotxmommaVIPDined on 8/16/2013Excellent specials and the Dynamo sushi roll and Surf & Turf roll were great. Escarole sashimi was especially good. Try the pino mojito for your cocktail. Have a kids menu with Asian dishes that are perfect (not your typical chicken tenders and mac & cheese). Don't miss the potstickers for an appetizer. Will definitely be back here when we come back to Telluride!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Excellent After So Many YearsFineFoodFanDined on 8/15/2013We have been dining at Honga's almost since it opened, and they still deliver every time. Exceptional food, friendly service and still one of the best dining experiences in Telluride.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even the second chance disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/3/2013We have frequented Honga's regularly over the years. Our most recent visit, unfortunately, will be our last. To say that we felt rushed through dinner would be an understatement. Your sushi will be served within 10 minutes of placing your order- even if you just got your drink or appetizer. The spider roll was dry and tasteless. A serving of simple shrimp fried rice cost $24 and didn't even come close to the $5 takeout I can pick up on the way home from work. In years past, it used to be difficult to get a table- now the restaurant is half empty on a Saturday night. You would think management would catch a clue. Enjoy a meal at any one of Telluride's other great restaurants and save the $50/person you would otherwise waste.
- Had heard a great deal aboutAsianfoodloverDined on 7/20/2013Had heard a great deal about Honga's and we were not disappointed! The food was delicious!!! The space is also very inviting both upstairs in the dining area and downstairs in the cozy bar area. The daily spring rolls were amazing. As were the fish tacos. Highly recommend it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unacceptable serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/6/2013While the food was very good and the wait staff was very nice, the service from the kitchen was awful!!! The food comes out when it's ready, not necessarily in the order you want it or ordered it. They claim the sushi chefs don't coordinate with the food chefs. Really??? Why can every other restaurant do it and Honga's can't??? One of our party ate alone for 20 minutes before anyone else was served. Unacceptable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, strong mojitos,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/28/2013Great food, strong mojitos, and terrific service from Marney.Special Features:
- Good Asian food. More expensivesublimeX4meVIPDined on 3/26/2013Good Asian food. More expensive than I'm used to paying but then it's Telluride!Special Features:
- unfortunately the differencepapmdVIPDined on 3/20/2013unfortunately the difference between the hot food and sushi timing makes it hards when a large group orders both hot and cold foodSpecial Features:
- Not Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/17/2013The food was not very good. The pad thai was odd in taste, but ok. The trout with spaghetti squash was soaked in oil, which was needless and changed it from a lit dish to very heavy. The kids udon with butter was tasteless. The sushi was standard and nithing special. For the price this place charges you would expect something amazing. Instead, you get food that is very disappointing and not really worth the plates served on. The service was not the greatest either as our server decided to step in and parent our children before we could intervene as they used the chopsticks as drumsticks as he told them "this is a nice restaurant" and took them away. He appeared rushed and was not very pleasant. All in all, this avoid this restaurant
- Timing was off, took a longOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/14/2013Timing was off, took a long time to get any food. They just didn't seem ready.Special Features:
- Even for ski resort town theOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/7/2013Even for ski resort town the prices were on the high side relative to the quality and quantity of food.
- The drink service is pathetic.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/6/2013The drink service is pathetic. Waiter was clueless at times. Was one of my favorite places to eat in Telluride. Fired manager and is going downhill fast. Would be one of my last choices of places to eat in Telluride.
- Somewhat disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2013Somewhat disappointing. Sushi was mediocre at best. Potstickers gummy Spring rolls and gado gado (Indonesian curry) were awesome
- Great for all asian food -GreerDanDined on 3/1/2013Great for all asian food - sushi to tempura to noodles.Special Features:
- Not worth the waitOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 2/19/2013We've been there before. The food was hit and miss--curry and trout were great. Everything else so-so. Long waits and food arrived at strange intervals. Super nice server. I wouldn't go back.Special Features: