Honey West Restaurant & Lounge
399 Elizabeth St.
Burlington, ON L7R 4A0Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Honey West Restaurant & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.honeywest.ca/
- Phone: (905) 634-7999
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday-Saturday 11am-Close Sunday 4:00-Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Fusion / Eclectic, International
- Executive Chef: Jayke Carter
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Nicholas Olivieri 9056347999x
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment Thursday-Saturday!
A word from Honey West Restaurant & Lounge
Honey West offers a tasty market fresh menu, featuring the finest hand carved steaks, fresh seafood and succulent appetizers. Kick back in our lounge with one of our signature Mondo cocktails, a Honey West martini, or a glass of wine from our wine list selected specially to compliment our menu. Classy yet casual, stylish but comfortable, Honey West offers delicious food that is familiar but done with a creative flair.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Honey West Restaurant & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)good for groups (9)fit for foodies (8)hot spot (6)great for lunch (5)special occasion (5)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (4)romantic (4)vibrant bar scene (4)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Wonderful restaurantPcottonDined on 11/15/2014Great food, great ambiance. Live music! We were seated a little close to the band so it was loud but still great dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerWorksformeDined on 10/5/2014Service was surprisingly good considering only 1 server/bartender was working. Everything came out in good time and really loved the French Onion soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch!RustyDined on 10/5/2014A friend and I enjoyed excellent service and attention during our extra long lunch. The salad and pizza were delicious. Would recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun evening with friends/music/foodNightontownDined on 10/2/2014Loved our evening at Honey West. Enjoyed great food, friendly service and energetic music all night long!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014I made a reservation for myself and my wife for our anniversary this past Friday (Sept. 26). When we arrived our table wasn't ready and we were asked to wait at the bar. Honey West was recommended to us but it became apparent very quick that it's not what we had expected. Our table was at the front of the restaurant in the bar section, and right in front of the live music, which was loud (and not great). We asked if there was an available table farther away from the musician and were told there wasn't. We decided to leave and find someplace else. We were expecting an intimate dining experienced based on what we had been told by friends. It wasn't what we expected. The staff was nice and it seemed like a good place for a group of people.Special Features:
- NewInTownDined on 9/6/2014We were very impressed with the two appetizers we had. The cheeseburger rolls and bruschetta. Our server was excellent as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly staff, good foodHatesmakingupnamesDined on 8/19/2014The strawberry bruschetta was delicious, the caesar salad was not too creamy, not too tart, and the goat cheese chicken phyllo was amazing. Holly was friendly, made good recommendations and was accommodating of our requests. Will definitely recommend Honey West to others.Special Features:
- Top notchjawspenceDined on 8/8/2014Food and service is fantastic! Rarely do you get both. But Honey West is great. Find yourself on the patio or even dining inside. Atmosphere lights up when the live music hits on Friday night combined with the outdoor heaters lit up. We'll be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 77 reviews are from the Honey West Restaurant & Lounge reviews archive.
- Had a blastNightontownDined on 7/24/20148 of us had Thursday pizza special and drinks! The music was fun! Classic familiar radio tunes! Great evening and price was right!Special Features:
- Loved it!NightontownDined on 5/27/2014Our server seated us immediately and we enjoyed a cold beer while waiting for our other guests. The meal was outstanding! Good portiion size and delicious! Sarah took excellent care of all of us! We all loved it!Special Features:
- burlington buzz1foodloverVIPDined on 5/18/2014Late Sunday night on a long weekend - a tough go for any restaurant. We were offered drinks fairly quickly but when we required only water we were left for some time and had to request menus. The food seemed to take a long time to come even though we were the last of the patrons. The Thai chicken bowl was a huge portion, flavorful, but disappointing . The thick udon noodles were not soft, but rather chewy and the chicken was tough & overcooked. The veggie lasagne on the other hand was tasty with a simple light pasta noodle. We asked our server to split the bill, but he put everything on one and had to re do . This place is probably a great restaurant - good for the 30's set -but had a less than stellar Sunday nightSpecial Features:
- Excellent meal! Please wash glassesjo110plainsDined on 4/5/2014We recently went to Honey West to celebrate my mother's birthday. We had a 6pm reservation and when we arrived the restaurant was fairly empty. Waiter originally was going to place the 4 of us in a VERY tight corner near the waiter set up area (noisy). We asked for another table and at first they seems reluctant to sit us anywhere else but did make room for us at another table. The service was great and the food was DELICIOUS! The only thing I found a little disturbing was my sister-in-law had a drink in a flute glass and where we were sitting the sun was shining on the glass and you could see lots of spots on the glass, looked very dirty. This would not stop me for going to Honey West again.Special Features:
- Valentines LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Dined for lunch on Valentine's Day - was great ambiance as well as Olympic Spirit with the men's semi-final hockey game on tv behind the bar. The Lobster Bisque is my favorite and again hit the mark on my expectations. My husband had the wrap and the portion size was so big he brought half home. Kudos to the chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had such a great night. TheNewInTownDined on 12/20/2013Had such a great night. The food and wine were fabulous as was the singer. We were there for over 5 hours! Time flew having fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honey West IntroGracieDined on 11/26/2013I took a friend, who lives in Burlington , to Honey West for lunch as she had never been before. We shared the Jalapeno Cheese poppers appetizer, which was wonderful with the cinnamon / pineapple chutney. We both ordered the grilled cheese sandwich with chicken, brie and green apple, and fries. It was a little too much for us , next time we will share the sandwich. It was absolutely delicious! the only reason the review is not 5/5 is because the server forgot our appetizers and brought them after we started our meal, but she was very apologetic about it and was sincerely sorry. Have mentioned Honey West to several friends and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, creative presentatiOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2013Excellent food, creative presentation, very pleasant service, and great live music. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely spot!gpeallDined on 10/25/2013Excellent menu options - not big but just the right combination to fit everyone's taste preference. Service was tremendous and meal was superbe! I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!NightontownDined on 8/27/2013I had 3 different occasions to be at Honey West this month- all to celebrate my 60th with different groups of friends and family. The food was delicious all 3 visits! The Arctic Char was amazing! The Chateaubriand Platter or 2 could have fed 4! We cut the meat with our forks! Their new menu was a treat for all!Special Features:
- Second time was not a charm...GourmetGuruDined on 8/10/2013We first visited Honey West earlier this year on the recommendation of friends. During this visit we experienced and amazing atmosphere with inside entertainment, amazing entrees and a waiter that went above and beyond. Unfortunately, this visit was not quite as amazing. Both entrees were less than spectacular and when mentioned to our waiter that seafood on my plate smelled fishy and appeared to be undercooked he did nothing more than thank me for the feedback. We would like to try Honey West again because our first experience was so memorable and perhaps we may just do so.Special Features:
- Perfect nightNightontownDined on 7/18/2013Right from the minute we stepped thru the door, he evening felt great! Our tables were set and ready for 10 of us. Our server was lovely, friendly and personable! We had drinks and bread with tapas in minutes. Our meals were all delicious! Then the music came on and entertained us until midnight! The place filled up with a fun, energetic crowd! The owner came out of the kitchen around 10 pm and stopped to ask about our evening. A perfect night out!Special Features:
- Great food and musicarngdssDined on 7/12/2013We go to Honey West frequently, and it satisfied again. Great meal, and great music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013Overall experience was good. Our server was very friendly but could use some additional training. She wasn't sure about a few standard items. A second server helped us out a couple times and was very knowledgable. One of the entrees we wordered wasn't available. When we needed to switch it to a higher price entree it would have been nice of them to offer it at the price of the original entree ordered. Our staters were fantastic and all the entrees except for the Butter chicken were excellent. The butter chicken was quite bland. The 5-7pm $5 wine special was quite good value but the wine was served in different glasses. Some glass and some crystal. Some small improvements and attention to basic details could make this place top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was really good,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013The food was really good, but the service was not. it took a long time to get our drinks , but then the food came quite timely. Overall it was a good experienc.e
- Both my date and I felt theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013Both my date and I felt the service was lacking. After being seated at our table it took over 20 mins for a waiter to ask us for a drink which proceeded with another 20 mins for it to arrive. After ordering our meal we continued to wait until it arrived. We both fealt like they seemed to cater towards other tables. When we finished our meal and bottle of wine our waiter asked if we would like dessert and or coffee/tea we decided that we were finished. We paid our bill but decided to stay to listen to the DJ and nite life. Once again we were ignored by staff which seemed to cater towards the younger crowd. Numerous times staff ignored us and we finally had to grab a waitress to get us a drink. Just not happy.Special Features:
- It was our first time at thisNicknameVIPDined on 3/23/2013It was our first time at this restaurant - we will be back for sure. The food was very good (especially the mac & cheese)and our server very friendly and helpful. Can't wait to try the patio when the weather warms up.Special Features:
- Friendly staff, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013Friendly staff, great food at a reasonable price. Excellent live band. The singer was very good. we are going back and we are telling friends.Special Features:
- We come here once a year forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/12/2013We come here once a year for our wedding anniversary (Feb 14!). We come for the food--it's amazing!Special Features:
- Food was excellent. CreativeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012Food was excellent. Creative dishes with a very nice flavour combos. It's a small venue, so it was quite loud (although not annoying). Service was very friendly, but a little slow. It took nearly 15 minutes before we got our first visit from a server for our drink order. All in all, it was a pleasant food experience and we'll definitely return.
- Food was very well done.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2012Food was very well done. And the chef accommodated my requests exceptionally well. Live music on acoustic guitar was fantastic - even better than the original performers of that music! The beer list was disappointingly limited - they need a handful of premium and/or local brewery beers. Too loud for a "quiet, romanitc dinner", but now we know wht to expect. One disappointment: the staff did not control a birthday party crowd and this very negatively affected our experience. Fix the beer menu, have staff control the rowdy folks and it would have been a very, very good experience! Owners and staff could fix both of these issues instantly, then have a gem on their hands!Special Features:
- Great evening with friends!NightontownDined on 11/2/2012I love that they change their menu several times a year! Always exciting creative dishes!Special Features:
- Don't go hereGordoDined on 10/21/2012They should never accepted our reservations as they had booked a large family event. Food mediocre service slow
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012Must admit, usually a great all round place but we were a bit disappointed this last visit. The service was brutal (felt forgotten) and it was very loud!
- The food was very good asOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/13/2012The food was very good as always but the service was not so great as there were too many people there that evening. They ran out of wine glasses! We were served by 3 different people all evening which just makes for long wait times and too much confusion...Special Features:
- Never a disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2012Another amazing experience at Honey West. Friday nights has amazing music and a fun scene!Special Features:
- Great food and a great staff.jbreenDined on 9/27/2012Great food and a great staff. Definitely looking forward to going back again.Special Features:
- good food, nice locationlimagsDined on 9/21/2012The night was great. food was well prepared and taste was good. our server for her first night did well. service was a little slow but we understood it was her first night so we were ok with it. we would have liked a bit more selection in the desert menu as what was served was not to our liking (only 2 choices). i would definetely go back it was cozy in there and food was very good.Special Features:
- Service was slow...lunch foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2012Service was slow...lunch food was great. Server was on her own but chose to spend her time fixing herself a drink and chatting with a friend at the bar over serving the customers.
- Overall a nice place to eat,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2012Overall a nice place to eat, nice atmosphere and the food is usually very good. Perhaps a bit pricy for what you get.Special Features:
- Very impressed. It was aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2012Very impressed. It was a Wednesday night so not a busy night , but the location is great, service was excellent and the food fantastic!Special Features:
- I thoroughly enjoyed myselfOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2012I thoroughly enjoyed myself at Honey West. As it was a special occasion for us the staff bent over backward for us to help us celebrate. The service was beyond excellent. Our server took personal joy in seeing us enjoy our meal. The food was spectacular! I had the Dr. Pepper Ribs and the presentation was delightful as well as delicious. My wife had the Cashew Crusted Chicken, which she described as "the best meal I have ever eaten." I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features: