4120 Cox Rd.
Glen Allen, VA 23060Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hondosprime.com/
- Phone: 8049684323x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch Buffet:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Paul Wielt
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Four areas of the restaurant are available. Private areas include:
The Board Room up to 16 people
Occasion Room up to 30 people
The Library Room A up 44 people
The Library Room B up to 44 people
Both Library Rooms can be combined to accommodate up to 88 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Toni Peebles 8049684323x
A word from Hondos
Hondos is Richmond's prime destination for great steak. Hondos features a variety of perfectly aged cuts, broiled to your request and served sizzling. The menu features three different cuts of filet mignon, a cowboy rib-eye, 24oz porterhouse, two cuts of strip sirloin including a popular Kansas City strip. Hondos also specializes in fresh seafood with such favorites as jumbo lump (absolutely no-filler) crabcakes, South African lobster tails and a daily "fresh catch" to name a few. Whether a romantic evening for two or a business dinner, Hondos is sure to surpass your highest expectations in food and unparalleled service. Why not join us tonight?Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Hondos - Best Restaurants in Glen Allen ›
Hondos reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (108)romantic (82)notable wine list (51)good for groups (50)fit for foodies (44)great for lunch (37)neighborhood gem (33)great for brunch (21)vibrant bar scene (10)great for outdoor dining (9)hot spot (6)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great SteaksluvShoesDined on 10/19/2014We always enjoy our dinner's at Hondo's, the steaks are amazing. Our service has always been great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Went here for our anniversary dinner. The waiter was professional and courteous and checked in on us to see how we were doing, take orders, need more drinks, etc. the perfect amount. The bone-in fillet, cooked medium, came out perfect as did my wife's 8 oz filet also cooked medium as requested. The noise level was moderate but we could talk to each other in normal voices and the setting was very romantic. The only thing I would have changed is having a little more light. Other than that, perfect dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experience once again1stimerDined on 10/14/2014The best steak around, I wasn't all that hungry after our party had the great shrimp app, the awesome pecan / Brie, and crabcakes - but I could not stop eating the filet until it was all gone. As good as it gets - periodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hondo's 10/12/2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Excellent dinner, as always. Had the dinner special deal with two small filet medallions and a small lobster tail. Came with salad and dessert for fixed price of $39. Steak was super tender. Added a full-sized lobster tail and split it between the two of us. Both small and larger lobster tails were cooked perfectly. Scallops appetizer was incredible. Many visits to this facility and always very satisfied.Special Features:
- Birthday BashBirthdayguyDined on 10/11/2014We celebrated my 70th birthday with wonderful food I am allowed to eat on rare occasions and we were not disappointed in any way. This is our restaurant of choice for all of our special celebrations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hondo'speteoneDined on 10/11/2014The food was excellent! As good a steak as we have had (strip & filet) Service was supurb and everything was great. The dessert (special chocoate w/icecream) was very good but the ice cream was not memorable. It lacked creaminess. Pricy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcelsBocaBoomerVIPDined on 10/9/2014I travel to Richmond once, maybe twice a year. This is an obligatory stop while in town. Hosted three client lunches and a dinner during my week there. As a high end steak house one would expect to give high marks for the ambience, food and service. Hondos hits this 'trifecta' on every visit. There is a certain competitive advantage in being a local versus national chain. No 'stuffiness' or 'pretnetious' attitudes here, just a wonderful dining experience whether it's at noon or 8pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/8/2014Extremely noisey, food overcooked, served incorrect order. First visit and will be the last. Too many other better overall quality restaurants to spend our time and money.
- Great value for lunchDeanVIPDined on 10/8/2014Given the quality of the restaurant I was very surprised by how reasonale the lunch menu prices were. A number of items under $10 and I got a filet and 2 sides for a great price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not only for dinner but lunch, tooOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/3/2014Hondo's has long been recognized as an outstanding chop house with great dinner steaks. But don't overlook lunch! There are many lunch specials for $10 and a lunch steak for around $12, far less than you would pay at dinner and a great value.Special Features:
- Love this place!diamondgroupVIPDined on 10/2/2014Took my friend there for her birthday and they made her feel very special! The salmon is excellent as well as the steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/30/2014This is a favorite lunch spot. Friends and I have been there numerous times and always found it to be outstanding. We've tried other restaurants but none is comparable with this one overall. It is always elegant dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inaaccurate WebsiteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2014Although we had a very nice evening, Hondo's website advertised a prime rib special for Sunday nights. When we asked both the hostess and the server about it, we were told that no such special existed. I checked the website on Monday morning and the prime rib special was clearly there. I called and spoke to the manager who confirmed that the prime rib special was advertised on their website and that no such special exists. Blame was placed on the website developer. The manager was very nice, but there was nothing even approaching an apology - just shifting blame. There really shouldn't be suce a disconnect between the information on a restaurant's website and reality. Be cautious when relying upon the information on Hondo's website.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - relaxingHappyCoupleDined on 9/27/2014Been there many times and always excellent service and delicious fresh foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceptional food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014I made reservations for dinner on 9/26 for my 16th Anniversary with the intent of allowing my wife the opportunity to experience a great meal. I have eaten at Hondo's on a couple occassions while entertaining customers but this would be my 1st trip with my wife. While had explained to my wife how great the food would be, i had no idea how great the experience would accually be. Our server Jon was exceptional and made the entire experience a major hit. Thanks Hondo's and Jon for making me look so good on my anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dress codeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014Baseball hats are to be worn outside not while having a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, lousy service.MotaVIPDined on 9/25/2014Hondo's waiter had a tough day and just couldn't seem to juggle water, bread, cocktails, menus and timing.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantJeanDined on 9/20/2014We are never disappointed in the service, food or wine when dining at Hondo's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerDateNightDined on 9/12/2014We had an 830 reservation on a Friday evening, were seated promptly. The waitstaff was helpful and knowledgable. Our appetizer was delivered promptly. The waiter waited, flashlight in hand, for hubby to check the temp of his steak. The waiter saw it was overdone before we could even say anything and promptly had the item re-fired! The ribeye was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014This was our 3rd year that we celebrated our wedding anniversary at Hondos! We had a wonderful evening & the food was outstanding! I would have appreciated our server, Amy, if she would have clean our table before she brought out our Anniversary cake. We had to help her move our dirty dishes for her to sit the cake on the table! Thanks for another Great evening!Special Features:
- great food, service and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014Come to Hondos every year while attending the race at RIR, see you next year....Special Features:
- Classiest place aroundBoscoeDined on 9/2/2014The friendliest service, best atmosphere, and extraordinary food make for a terrific experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never A DissapointmentBoneInDined on 9/1/2014I Have been going to Hondo's for years. Great Steaks and wine! Be sure to ask for Jeff!Special Features:
- Great steaksgastronomerDined on 9/1/2014Hondos has only gotten better with time. The steaks were perfect and we really enjoyed our dinner here.Special Features:
- Favorite RestaurantNotFromBostonDined on 8/31/2014Hondo's has amazing food, the atmosphere is relaxing, the lighting is dim, but plenty bright enough to enjoy your dinner party, and the service is outstanding. This is my favorite restaurant by far. The price that you pay matches the quality of the food and service you receive. I would recommend Hondo's to anyone who is looking for a high class place to eat that is worth the money.Special Features:
- GreatNayyDined on 8/29/2014This was our first time here. We loved it. The waiter (Jamie) was very knowledgeable, the food was great. Atmosphere was awesome.Special Features:
- MotaVIPDined on 8/26/2014The perfect spot in Innsbrook for a quiet business lunch or a romantic evening. Beautiful restaurant with very attentive service. If you do want quiet, ask for a table or booth towards the rear of the restaurant . The front of the place tends to be a bit noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedcbsouthsideDined on 8/24/2014Having been to Hondos for dinner, I was expecting the same great service and food as before. However, the Sunday Brunch was very disappointing. They had only one "chef" attending the omelet station as well as trying to carve the prime rib and ham, while also trying to make belgium waffles which he burned several of them. He would only do one thing at a time and did not even acknowledge you when you were waiting there. The whole setup was awkward. The buffet portion was in the bar. The bar was near the entrance. So there were flies landing on the desserts and salad. The desserts were dried out from sitting there uncovered. I think it would have been much better if they set it up in one of the private rooms. Disappointing brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Great Foodshady219Dined on 8/23/2014Went to dinner for our Anniversary. Had the pan seared tuna for an appetizer, delicious, as was the bread and butter that was served. Husband had the 8 oz filet, au gratin potatoes, and a Caesar Salad. All was perfect. I had the seafood trio, grilled vegetables and a house salad with balsamic vinagarette. Everything was cooked perfectly and delicious. Bryan was our server and was very attentive. We also had drinks, husband had dirty martini and I had vodka and water with lemon. Everything was great!Special Features:
- Favorite Upscale RestaurantBP042014Dined on 8/21/2014A class act. Great place for business, family, or special events. Noise level is low so it is easy to carry on a conversation. Food, location, and service are excellent. The self playing piano sounds great and is a treat to look at for kids of all ages.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerItcinvaDined on 8/21/2014Service and food were very good. Staff very knowledgable. I would definitely recommend dinner at Hondo's if your looking for a great dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food / service great as always !Lyle3Dined on 8/18/2014Enjoyed my annual wedding anniversary dinner with my wife, Chris at Hondo's. Food was excellent, service was the best in Richmond, the only complaint I have is we were seated near some very noisy customers. If it had just been me, it would have been ok. Would have liked it a bit more quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placelaxmonDined on 8/14/2014This places is consistently excellent. The staff is professional and friendlt. I would highly recommend Hondos.Special Features:
- Great serviceHelpinghandVAVIPDined on 8/11/2014Service was great. The steak was good not great. I would go back but the dinner was good but not exceptional. Service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/10/2014Enjoyed the background music during the Sunday Brunch. Server a bit over zealous with water refills. A bit unusual that patrons directed to tables by needing to walk by the front buffet bar and past the omelet station. Prime Rib - outstanding; beef ribs - great; Eggs Hondo - a bit "flat" in taste. Dessert offerings acceptable. Smoked salmon - EXCELLENT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch in the West End!diamondgroupVIPDined on 8/5/2014This is one of our favorite special places to go for lunch! They have 'under $10' menu that is exceptional as well as a different menu as well. The food is always good and the wait staff is very professional. I LOVE the way the call you by name when you make an OpenTable reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceWestenddinerDined on 8/2/2014This restaurant always pleases from the door to desert. Waitstaff personable, attentive and efficient. The filet....melt in your mouth. Vegetables of the day...pleasingly cooked with a light spice mix and a touch crisp. Creamed spinach ...a serious side dish, heavy and creamy and cheesy, probably enough for 3!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedkannloweVIPDined on 7/27/2014The food was mediocre and over-priced; steaks cooked perfectly but the NY strip cut was very fatty/chewy. Our service was great, friendly, and attentive. We'll go back for drinks and app but not worth $200...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A date-night favoriteInquisitorDined on 7/26/2014My significant other and I love Hondos as a date-night option for special occasions or celebrations. It's a top contender for birthdays and anniversaries! I've always had a great dining experience at Hondos! Thanks for all the great work.Special Features:
- GlutenFreeMidloDined on 7/25/2014Twice in past two months, when I have ordered a gluten free salad, the salad either had a cracker tucked into the side, or a cracker and croutons. I specifically made the OpenTable reservation with a note that I was gluten free, asked for a gluten free menu, and specifically said gluten free salad when I ordered. The waitress offered to have salad remade, but I did not have time. My guests already had their food, and I did not want them to wait. I removed the top layer of my salad to try to remove any remnants of the crackers/croutons. I ended up with migraine later that day, which is my reaction to gluten. Very frustrating and disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.