4120 Cox Rd.
Glen Allen, VA 23060Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hondosprime.com/
- Phone: 8049684323x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch Buffet:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Paul Wielt
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Four areas of the restaurant are available. Private areas include:
The Board Room up to 16 people
Occasion Room up to 30 people
The Library Room A up 44 people
The Library Room B up to 44 people
Both Library Rooms can be combined to accommodate up to 88 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Toni Peebles 8049684323x
A word from Hondos
Hondos is Richmond's prime destination for great steak. Hondos features a variety of perfectly aged cuts, broiled to your request and served sizzling. The menu features three different cuts of filet mignon, a cowboy rib-eye, 24oz porterhouse, two cuts of strip sirloin including a popular Kansas City strip. Hondos also specializes in fresh seafood with such favorites as jumbo lump (absolutely no-filler) crabcakes, South African lobster tails and a daily "fresh catch" to name a few. Whether a romantic evening for two or a business dinner, Hondos is sure to surpass your highest expectations in food and unparalleled service. Why not join us tonight?Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Hondos - Best Restaurants in Glen Allen ›
Hondos reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (112)romantic (89)notable wine list (52)fit for foodies (43)good for groups (42)great for lunch (35)great for brunch (30)neighborhood gem (29)great for outdoor dining (17)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Favorite RestaurantNotFromBostonDined on 8/31/2014Hondo's has amazing food, the atmosphere is relaxing, the lighting is dim, but plenty bright enough to enjoy your dinner party, and the service is outstanding. This is my favorite restaurant by far. The price that you pay matches the quality of the food and service you receive. I would recommend Hondo's to anyone who is looking for a high class place to eat that is worth the money.Special Features:
- GreatNayyDined on 8/29/2014This was our first time here. We loved it. The waiter (Jamie) was very knowledgeable, the food was great. Atmosphere was awesome.Special Features:
- MotaVIPDined on 8/26/2014The perfect spot in Innsbrook for a quiet business lunch or a romantic evening. Beautiful restaurant with very attentive service. If you do want quiet, ask for a table or booth towards the rear of the restaurant . The front of the place tends to be a bit noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedcbsouthsideDined on 8/24/2014Having been to Hondos for dinner, I was expecting the same great service and food as before. However, the Sunday Brunch was very disappointing. They had only one "chef" attending the omelet station as well as trying to carve the prime rib and ham, while also trying to make belgium waffles which he burned several of them. He would only do one thing at a time and did not even acknowledge you when you were waiting there. The whole setup was awkward. The buffet portion was in the bar. The bar was near the entrance. So there were flies landing on the desserts and salad. The desserts were dried out from sitting there uncovered. I think it would have been much better if they set it up in one of the private rooms. Disappointing brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Great Foodshady219Dined on 8/23/2014Went to dinner for our Anniversary. Had the pan seared tuna for an appetizer, delicious, as was the bread and butter that was served. Husband had the 8 oz filet, au gratin potatoes, and a Caesar Salad. All was perfect. I had the seafood trio, grilled vegetables and a house salad with balsamic vinagarette. Everything was cooked perfectly and delicious. Bryan was our server and was very attentive. We also had drinks, husband had dirty martini and I had vodka and water with lemon. Everything was great!Special Features:
- Favorite Upscale RestaurantBP042014Dined on 8/21/2014A class act. Great place for business, family, or special events. Noise level is low so it is easy to carry on a conversation. Food, location, and service are excellent. The self playing piano sounds great and is a treat to look at for kids of all ages.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerItcinvaDined on 8/21/2014Service and food were very good. Staff very knowledgable. I would definitely recommend dinner at Hondo's if your looking for a great dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food / service great as always !Lyle3Dined on 8/18/2014Enjoyed my annual wedding anniversary dinner with my wife, Chris at Hondo's. Food was excellent, service was the best in Richmond, the only complaint I have is we were seated near some very noisy customers. If it had just been me, it would have been ok. Would have liked it a bit more quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placelaxmonDined on 8/14/2014This places is consistently excellent. The staff is professional and friendlt. I would highly recommend Hondos.Special Features:
- Great serviceHelpinghandVAVIPDined on 8/11/2014Service was great. The steak was good not great. I would go back but the dinner was good but not exceptional. Service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/10/2014Enjoyed the background music during the Sunday Brunch. Server a bit over zealous with water refills. A bit unusual that patrons directed to tables by needing to walk by the front buffet bar and past the omelet station. Prime Rib - outstanding; beef ribs - great; Eggs Hondo - a bit "flat" in taste. Dessert offerings acceptable. Smoked salmon - EXCELLENT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch in the West End!diamondgroupVIPDined on 8/5/2014This is one of our favorite special places to go for lunch! They have 'under $10' menu that is exceptional as well as a different menu as well. The food is always good and the wait staff is very professional. I LOVE the way the call you by name when you make an OpenTable reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceWestenddinerDined on 8/2/2014This restaurant always pleases from the door to desert. Waitstaff personable, attentive and efficient. The filet....melt in your mouth. Vegetables of the day...pleasingly cooked with a light spice mix and a touch crisp. Creamed spinach ...a serious side dish, heavy and creamy and cheesy, probably enough for 3!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedkannloweVIPDined on 7/27/2014The food was mediocre and over-priced; steaks cooked perfectly but the NY strip cut was very fatty/chewy. Our service was great, friendly, and attentive. We'll go back for drinks and app but not worth $200...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A date-night favoriteInquisitorDined on 7/26/2014My significant other and I love Hondos as a date-night option for special occasions or celebrations. It's a top contender for birthdays and anniversaries! I've always had a great dining experience at Hondos! Thanks for all the great work.Special Features:
- GlutenFreeMidloDined on 7/25/2014Twice in past two months, when I have ordered a gluten free salad, the salad either had a cracker tucked into the side, or a cracker and croutons. I specifically made the OpenTable reservation with a note that I was gluten free, asked for a gluten free menu, and specifically said gluten free salad when I ordered. The waitress offered to have salad remade, but I did not have time. My guests already had their food, and I did not want them to wait. I removed the top layer of my salad to try to remove any remnants of the crackers/croutons. I ended up with migraine later that day, which is my reaction to gluten. Very frustrating and disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingCaberDined on 7/22/2014The bone in Filet is truly outstanding. Service with Chris was terrific. Hondo's is the best Steakhouse in a Richmond.Special Features:
- Saddle UpismelltatersDined on 7/22/2014Fist time at this sister restaurtant to Schlesinger's in Newport News and Opus 9 in Williamsburg, both of which we have been going to since each opened. Hondo's beats them both. Better service (more upscale) and the food was somehow prepared and served just a little better. This place is not cheap, but in my view you get what you pay for. We don't get up to Richmond that often, but I can see this becoming our regular place when we do dine in the river city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FINE dining.BevnCaryDined on 7/19/2014I travel to Richmond about once a month and usually treat myself to Hondo's. The service is attentive but not oppressive or snooty. We started with the fried oyster appetizer and drinks. Love that they leave the martini shaker at your table. Our filet mignons were superb and they always check how it's cooked immediately when it is served. The scalloped gorgonzola potatoes are amazing. We ended with Bananas Foster that was a little soupy but very tasty. This is really an excellent restaurant where you eat in a library-like atmosphere with piano music to escape, relax and converse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PoorMikeHDined on 7/13/2014Our first visit a few months ago was much better due to the server, though the food was only fair. We arrived at brunch this visit near the end and food seemed to be out too long, everything (including ham and prime rib) were dry. Server was a young kid that left our glasses empty, dirty plates on the table, and brought our check half way through the meal. Won't be back anytime soon.
- ourdoxieDined on 7/8/2014There were several large parties at Hondo's the night we celebrated our Anniversary. I had requested a booth, but because of the large number of people at the restaurant, we had to sit in a booth in the lounge. The lounge was very noisy and the booth was "tight" for two large patrons. My husband and I ordered our steaks well done and the top of my steak was very "burnt." I do not fault Hondo for this, because it was my request. Next time I will order medium done. We did not enjoy the food or ambience as much as on previous visits, but our waiter, Brian did provide exceptional table service.Special Features:
- Best fried oystersOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/7/2014Once again Hondos delivered the best fried oysters around. Always a great luncheon spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ComfortableristeakloverDined on 7/4/2014Hondo's provides consistently good food - steaks - and a nice environment at a convenient (Cox Road) West End location.Special Features:
- UnderperformedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/4/2014I understand that it was a holiday (4th of July), however we have been there on other holidays. The service was no where near what we have come to expect from this restaurant. We waited long time just to get water and place our drink orders. The waiter was overwhelmed by the tables he had to serve. Bussing and crumbing the table, which are the norm here were forgotten. We had to summon the waiter to place a drink refill order. The food was as usual outstanding, but the service was not up to what you should expect at a high-end steak house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usualFoodie3020VIPDined on 7/4/2014Hondo's once again delivers a great meal...steak au poivre, French-pressed coffee and a wonderful creme brûlée. Had to ask for a bread basket, but other than that, the service was smooth and attentive. Just a nice, relaxing experience.Special Features:
- cosmos7Dined on 7/4/2014Hondos has a good feeling about it. My wife and I love the Lamb chops and the house salad. The wines were affordable.Special Features:
- Excellence in DiningeatoutalotDined on 6/28/2014We have been to Hondo's on special occasions many times. It is a great spot for our anniversary, quiet and intimate. There is music in the background, but it is tranquil and relaxing. We enjoy it every time. The service is excellent, and the food never fails to be delicious. Their filets are my favorite and it is always a tender, juicy cut of meat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere & amazing food!ThePickyOneDined on 6/24/2014Hondo's has a great ambiance to its atmosphere, cozy seating, upscale environment and clientele, and offers more privacy than most restaurant settings. Our service was extremely professional and not at all invasive, which we love. Plus the food is always amazing, down to the tiniest detail. We love Hondo's! Dinner, brunch... it's a perfect experience every time we go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frequentdinerVIPDined on 6/21/2014We have often dined at this restaurant and are always pleased with the experience. On this particular night we were offered a free steak of the same type as ordered in celebration of our anniversary. We thought this was a very nice gesture and appreciated it. Perhaps the highlight of the evening was one of the best members of the wait staff - Amie. She was extremely pleasant and accommodating. Receiving this kind of excellent service makes any dining experience even better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- HondosOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014Very disappointed in quality of food. Feeling shared by one other in my party (didn't ask everyone). We have eaten at Hondo's several times and have always really enjoyed the food but sadly not this time. Will probably try again but will grill the waiter on best choice (pun not intended). Service and atmosphere excellent.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceLrpcrpDined on 6/20/2014Great service from the moment we stepped through the door! Exceptional food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Love Hondo'sCarnivoreDined on 6/20/2014A truly great meal in a elegant, quiet, intimate atmosphere. A wonderful place to have a Fine Dining experience. The staff is attentive without hovering, and very knowledgeable about the menu. My second time there and it was as wonderful as the first. If you are looking to WOW someone- This Is The Place. The steaks are beef heaven and the lobster simply wonderful. The wine cellar is extensive and even the biggest wine snob is sure to be impressed, as mine is. I am sure to go back-Why eat out somewhere else when you can dine here?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/18/2014We dined here for our anniversary and the service was great and the food was wonderful. Everything came out nice and hot! I would recommend this restaurant to friends and family!Special Features:
- Regina's 91st happy birthday lunch.love2eatDined on 6/18/2014I take friend's to Hondo's as a treat frequently. This time I took my friend, Regina, to celebrate her 91st birthday at lunch. She is always impressed by the atmosphere and says it reminds her of places that her husband would take her. She had a beautiful shrimp cocktail and her lunch was on the specials list of the day. The waiter was divine, maybe the best we've ever had. However, the wait staff is always wonderful and the food is always way above average and cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much better then mothers dayTheBaronessVIPDined on 6/15/2014The service was good and much more attentive this time...the prime rib was exceptional and I love good prime rib, eventhough it is hard to find nowadays....Special Features:
- Father's DayDrYaYADined on 6/14/2014This was the perfect Father's Day dinner venue. Our semi-private dining room had a great ambiance, our servers were polite and helpful, and our food was cooked to perfection. This is a place I come for a grown-up dinner - no kids! LOL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinnermtnboy14Dined on 6/11/2014We went here for our Anniversary Dinner last night to take advantage of the great discount (lesser-priced entree free) offered as being on the email list on your anniversary. That being said, here are my observations: Noise level - This is a VERY quiet restaurant. Ambiance - The "new" Hondos is a very beautiful space and enjoyable to be in. Service - Candace was very good. Bar - Holly was great, as usual. Food - We had a Porterhouse and a Strip. The Porterhouse was cooked fine and was good though a bit fatty. The Strip was under-cooked and had to be sent back. The cut had a fair amount of gristle in it. The au Poive sauce was excellent. The baked potato was mealy/mushy and lukewarm. Overall was good, not great. I expected exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but excellent!JohnnibDined on 6/10/2014While the prices were a tad high the food was served well and the steaks were cooked to perfection.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant TreatkatlDined on 6/7/2014GREAT steak but very pricey. Sophisticated dining for that romantic anniversary.Special Features:
- NEWYORKGUY0914Dined on 6/5/2014Our table was waiting for us upon our arrival, at exactly the precise time. The food was outstanding, the waiter was very attentive and nice. what else is left to say? I would highly recommend your restaurant for anyone including business associates. Thanks for the great lunch! PAULSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.