Homestretch Steakhouse at Hoosier Park Racing & Casino
4500 Dan Patch Circle
Anderson, IN 46013Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Homestretch Steakhouse at Hoosier Park Racing & Casino
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.hoosierpark.com/steakhouse
- Phone: 7656094567
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Steve Weaver
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wine
- Catering: We offer a "Chef's Featured menu" for most of our larger groups, with the option of doing a full plated meal when prearranged.
- Special Events: We have limited space for concerts and big horse racing days please see to it that reservations are planned appropriately.
A word from Homestretch Steakhouse at Hoosier Park Racing & Casino
Within the expansive terrace-style dining room, resides a classic American Steakhouse with spectacular tiered views of Hoosier Park’s oval of speed. Offering guests the pinnacle of style and height of indulgence, the unique Homestretch Steakhouse is wrapped in a wall of windows so that every table hovers over the heart of the action.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Homestretch Steakhouse at Hoosier Park Racing & Casino - Best Restaurants in Anderson ›
Homestretch Steakhouse at Hoosier Park Racing & Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (14)special occasion (11)good for groups (6)late-night find (5)fit for foodies (5)neighborhood gem (4)hot spot (3)notable wine list (3)romantic (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- A break from the everyday blah.NotyournormalfoodieDined on 10/10/2014I was a bit surprised at the prices, due to the fact when I see Steakhouse I don't associate the word with Gourmet culinary art/fine food and drink, or haute cuisine. But oh, WOW was it a pleasant surprise!!! It was wonderful!! The only bad thing I have to say is that I was VERY disappointed in the fact that they did not allow "doggie bags". I am one of those people that have digestive issues and can not eat heavily all at once. And though I never felt rushed, I was full with half the meal and expected to finish it the next day at lunch, making my coworkers jealous but they ignored my request to have it boxed. I feel for $97 I should have been given the option to take it with us. Whether that is considered uncouth or not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a tryMikeMonroe25Dined on 9/24/2014First time diner at this "white table cloth" restaurant located on the main stretch of the race track. Expect to be inundated every 10 minutes with a loud PA system giving you the next race participants and then the "play by play". Ambiance not, but the food was good (NY strip, cocktails, soup, salads) Next to St. Elmo the shrimp cocktail was pedestrian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CathyDined on 9/13/2014The food service was slow but the lady taking the horse racing wagers was very helpful and cheerfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Homestretchkak6Dined on 9/6/2014Steak & Seafood was excellent. Waitress was excellent too! Received meal in a reasonable amount of time.Special Features:
- Uninspired ServerSmeeDined on 8/28/2014Food was excellent quality. Service was poor. Our neighboring table had an excellent and attentive server. We had to ask him on 3 different occasions if he could locate our server. It took over 20 minutes to be served our salad wedge. There were only 3 occupied tables on our level. We had to ask our server where our salad was. Our crab legs were room temperature. There was no flow to our dinner. The service was completely disappointing.Special Features:
- VerySpecialFood&DiningExperiencerighthindDined on 8/8/2014This is the second time I have eaten here and the food is delicious, well served and the ambience tremendous. The steak is very good--far above that of most purported steak houses. The creamed corn was so good I want to pick up the bowl and eat out of it. Creme brulee dessert also outstanding.Special Features:
- yeahbuddy052Dined on 7/26/2014A very good overall experience. Josh was our waiter. Very knowledgeable and professional. Food was very good and cooked to our liking. The only downfall was the red sauce for onion rings. Very funky. Like the atmosphere being able to watch the races and enjoy a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food undercooked coldLyvtodineoutDined on 7/11/2014Worst steakhouse I have ever been to. If it wasn't for the apologetic and nice server would have been complete bust
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/11/2014Service was very slow. Drinks took 45 mins. When the meal came it was delicious but took too long. I don't believe it was the wait staffs fault. All tables were experiencing the same wait.Special Features:
- Loud during racesDrChrisVIPDined on 7/5/2014The food was tremendous. I had the best sea bass of my life. The drinks were good though a bit slow in coming. The wine list was small but adequate. The drawback was that since the restaurant is situated overlooking the track it was extremely loud. Immediately to our left and elevated about two feet were guys chewing on (unlit) cigars with their race forms spread all over the place. I will likely go back but only when I know for certain the horses aren't running.Special Features:
- good experienceMiloDined on 6/28/2014This was the first time eating here. It was delicious. The bread, steak and shrimp cocktail was second to none. I will come back.Special Features:
- FoodFirecrackerDined on 6/26/2014Vegetable medley was changed to some cheesy vegetable that was pretty bad. Soup steak and shrimp were awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 44 reviews are from the Homestretch Steakhouse at Hoosier Park Racing & Casino reviews archive.
- Good atmosphere, but that's it.brokercopDined on 6/16/2014The service was terribly slow, and there were only five other tables in the restaurant. The food was a bit underwhelming as well. They just seem to be lacking some basics when it domes to operations and people.
- Outstanding!RS7584Dined on 6/15/2014My wife & I throughly enjoyed the Father's Day Supper Meal our Daughter set up for us. We never expected such fabulous food & service. It made the day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!DebsDiningPickDined on 6/1/2014I have dined at the Homestretch many times & amazed at the friendliness & attention given to detail & service. Although the location is probably not the best for elegant dining they have done a remarkable job of “fitting” it in. During race season you have a perfect view of the track. The service is faultless as they all truly work well as a team. Mike, Josh & the blonde lady, who has a remarkable memory for detail. They have all managed to a balance of professionalism with personalizing the dining experience to make it memorable. The food is by far the best in the area. Come with an appetite and save room for desserts. Can’t leave out the Chefs as they do a phenomenal job of preparing the food to perfection.Special Features:
- FoodluvitalianDined on 5/30/2014Food is ALWAYS excellent. I would definately rate it a five star restaurant. The waitstaff are always curteous and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was wonderful!IndyjoyceDined on 5/17/2014Our server, Roger, was so very attentive! The prime rib was very tender. We love the Homestretch Steakhouse!Special Features:
- Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/5/2014Always enjoy dining here. This should be the number "1" reason you come to Anderson, IN. The food is always outstanding. Steaks are great and always prepared right. Service is outstanding even when it's slow because everyone goes to the buffet. The staff always makes you feel welcomed! I wish others would consider this choice rather than using their "points" on something else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always amazinghoosierparklegendDined on 5/2/2014Food is not cheap but its the best food I've ever eaten in my life. I have dreams at night about that new york strip and the au gratin potatoes. UnbelievableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service could be betterLove2eatgoodfoodDined on 4/26/2014Our bill was $80. The food was ok, nothing to write home about. We ordered salads, chicken, shrimp cocktail. The service was slow. We were there for the Kathy Griffith show which meant we couldn't linger in the restaurant because they needed the table & chairs. The menu is very limited, very few options. I prefer the Naked Chopsticks which is also located within this facility.Special Features:
- Restaurant was OKLuvtheserviceDined on 3/22/2014There aren't many high end restaurants in Anderson, IN. We choose the casino. The restaurant is surrounded by betting booths so there is little privacy. The food was acceptable however the family style sides were very small. The steaks were done perfectly. We had a nice bottle of wine but the server did not check back to re-pour during the dinner. It would have been nicer I think to see the horses running but it was early in season. Price was a bit high for the size of the meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedhigma54Dined on 2/15/2014My wife and I celebrated our Valentine's dinner there. The service was great however it took a minute to find where we even went. The food was not as expected. For the price my wife and I had higher expectations.
- Great food, staff not so sure...RickDined on 1/24/2014Filet mignon was excellent for both of us dining there. Very subdued, almost eerie ambience in hugely open area. Three or four on staff who took care of us acted like they wished they were somewhere else entirely, except one blonde lady who peppered our salads, who seemed very nice and welcoming. Cost was a little high, but I knew that going in. Wish all highs and lows considered, I'd rate it slightly above average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food was outstanding.geneDined on 1/10/2014The special fri was lobster with noodles cheese was great you should that often. The filet an lobster was perfect.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOMENESS AT ITS BEST!!!pricelessmissfeeDined on 12/22/2013I took my mom here for her birthday, and she absolutely enjoyed it. Matt, our server was very sweet, energetic, knowledgeable, and caring to our needs throughout our evening. The new york strip and prime rib was wonderful, the moscato was delish, and although we took dessert to go, that red velvet cake was to die for!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DinningsweetpeaDined on 12/17/2013Our steaks and seafood wore the best I have ever had. Our waiter did a fine job and was familiar with the menu. We enjoying dinning at the Homestretch Steak House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUR FAVORITEMomtheresaDined on 11/28/2013My Husband and I LOVE Homestretch Steakhouse!! The food and Waitstaff are "second to none"! There is no place we would rather eat!!Special Features:
- The server would walk by ourJackDined on 10/25/2013The server would walk by our table and not look to see if we wanted some service, like he was absorbed in some other business. it took some time to his attention for the check. he should be more attentive to his table guests. I told my wife he was busy, but he needs to be more alert and responsive to table guests. good servers are always watching each table they serve. I still left a good tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Our FavoritesArthurDined on 10/25/2013Even though it's a 45 minute drive, we come to this restaurant frequently because the food is fantastic! Our favorites are their Sea Bass, the filet mignon and their soup of the day (whatever it is, it's always wonderful). The only downside is the service is sometimes spotty - they don't stay on top of the water and drink refills. Last time, they had violinist that played when the horses weren't racing. Lovely touch! I would recommend Homestretch steakhouse to my family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!AndrewVIPDined on 10/5/2013We had a birthday group and everyone had a great time.Special Features:
- What a unique enviornmentOutoftownerVIPDined on 9/27/2013This is a very unique location where you can get a high quality meal, great service, and enjoy watching the horse races. How unique.Special Features:
- Good food at a racetrack!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/21/2013Often you don't expect good food at a racetrack, so although this was the high end restaurant, I wasn't expecting much. I was, however, pleasantly surprised. The steak (I had the ribeye) was a nice size, tastily seasoned, and done to the right temperature. The sides we had were also delicious (asparagus, potatoes au gratin). I liked the fact that they had 375 ml bottle choices--a whole bottle would have been too much for my husband and myself. We had the Clos du Val Cab, which was delicious. Service was very gracious, discreet and cordial.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never againdisappointedDined on 9/19/2013It's a racetrack/casino...how can you expect a lovely/romantic/quiet anniversary dinner to be possible. The crab cakes weren't bad. I'm a big eater but I could only eat less than half the steak which somehow was way too dry to enjoy, no juice and no sauce avail. While the mashed potatoes looked pretty the fact is cold mashed.potatoes are horrible. Mac and cheese...how can you screw that up? Easy, throw a cup of elbow mac.in a bowl with some kind of runny soup/fluid and sprinkle cheese on top. Thankfully the bread was hot (the only thing hot we received) and the butter was soft so I asked for and received a second helping. Not being a wine drinker I ordered a beer with my meal, a long neck with a $100.+ meal...no mug or glass offered.
- Very nice and clean placeChrysDined on 9/17/2013Very nice and clean place to eat. Service was great, food came out in a timely manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experiencesweetpeaDined on 9/12/2013This was our first time to the home stretch steak house. We had the Lobster Tail, the best by far. We will be going back again to try the steaks. Our server did a wonderful job. I would recommend fine dinning at Hosier Park and Casino. Book your reservation on line. Confirmation of our reservation was immediate. You have a full view of the race track, and you overlook the entire track, you have the option of placing a bet in the dining room.Special Features:
- Very good menu and great foodjkruger951Dined on 9/10/2013Very good menu and great food especially for Anderson since most dining is chain restaurants.Special Features:
- Not capablernkcolDined on 8/31/2013We chose to eat there before a concert. They attempted to manage the sold out crowd by offering a limited menu. They just are not a class act. My salad never did arrive. The table next to us finally just left after waiting an hour for their salads. Our server was not with it. She often just stared into space. Very disappointing evening.Special Features:
- food better than one serverbbfanDined on 7/31/2013my second time at HP steakhouse. Food was great! 1st time, same assigned server but table was in traffic line and 2 other servers made the difference - filling drinks, taking empty plates away, etc. only saw assigned server 3 times all evening. Second visit was a less traveled area and no extra help from other servers. From no napkins, no bread till main course when another server delivered saying 'more bread you asked for ' when we said our first bread, he looked a little surprised. the manager got our napkins. when we did say something to our server the response was... I'm sorry. three times during the meal. I might come back but I will ask for another server. Great setting with the races right there.. great food, poor service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it could be....OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2013Very disappointed - poor service - loud TV screen over head for horse race, $200 meal and a night we don't want to repeat. Sad.
- Very fun night betting onOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/27/2013Very fun night betting on the horses. Excellent service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.