106 N. Essex Ave
Narberth, PA 19072Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.homemadeinnarberth.com/
- Phone: 4842708328x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: David Maguire
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Homemade
Homemade’s goal is for everyone to feel as if they are joining their family for a great meal. We will passionately prepare family recipes made with the freshest ingredients. Mussels, Ziti & Asparagus, Chicken Cutlets and Veal Marsala are just a few of the specialties offered at Homemade. Bring your own bottle and join us for some conversation, laughter and great food!Continued
Dine in or Take out!
Dine in or Take out!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Homemade - Best Restaurants in Narberth ›
Homemade reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (51)great for outdoor dining (19)fit for foodies (14)great for lunch (12)kid-friendly (11)great for brunch (3)good for groups (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)special occasion (2)romantic (1)Show More
- Consistently very goodRichardVIPDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I dined at Homemade again recently. We have done so many times. The food is always very good. The servers are always very pleasant, attentive and accommodating. Only complaint: I ordered mussels in red sauce (very good) but Homemade doesn't have small seafood forks!Special Features:
- Excellent food, very well presentedfridaydinerDined on 8/15/2014The staff was very attentive, our dinners were delicious. This was our second time at the restaurant (recommended by others, also), but it will not be our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Narberth GemMikedodineDined on 8/9/2014I have dined here several times the last five months. Daily specials are outstanding but staple menu items delicious as well. Can't miss on selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/8/2014Amazingly great food for a former sandwich shop. Octopus appetizer a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Homemade is Like HomeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2014The charm of Homemade is that it is fresh, hot, cooked to order meals in a warm a friendly environment. You feel as though you've joined your Italian neighbors for a family dinner. Everything is fresh and clearly made to order. Flavors are pure and simple. The tomato sauce is out of this world. While small, and therefore noisy, it is a very comfortable atmosphere for classic Italian fare.Special Features:
- New favoriteLolaVIPDined on 7/30/2014Best food and great time-fabulous byob and owners\chefs that are so talented and fun-we wanted to stay all night-can not wait to return! Get the Milan saladSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Home MadeellieapDined on 7/23/2014Home Made is an incredible eatery! The name stands for the exceptional food served at this neighborhood spot. The owner chef rotates between the kitchen and dining room to talk to the guests and make sure all is the way it should be. The prices are very reasonable while the food is still top notch. We love home Made and frequent the restaurant regularly. Don't forget to bring the wine. They will serve it to you in the little glasses you see in old time Italian films!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014The food at Homemade is outstanding! This little neighborhood restaurant is a true gem whether it is lunch or dinner, the food is consistently great! The wait staff is friendly and knowledgeable and eager to please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Small Local RestaurantEnjoysAGoodMeal13Dined on 7/18/2014The food was excellent, as was the service. Being served out at a very nice pace was a true dining pleasure; Not to fast or too slow, just right! Being BYOB was an added bonus!Special Features:
- great local placereachthebeachDined on 7/12/2014good find for dinner. byo. great food and fun outdoor dining. nothing pretentious, just good Italian fare, fish was well prepared, pasta very good, artichoke well grilled and simple and delicious. only Italian place with homemade kamish bread for desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our go to neighborhood restaurantlmdinerVIPDined on 6/28/2014Homemade has become our "go to" neighborhood restaurant. The food is simple but fresh and the service is warm and friendly. The grilled artichoke is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LenFrieDined on 6/21/2014Small, quaint, great food and very good service! Intimate seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/12/2014Very nice, comfortable. A little pricey but the food and service were quite good. The outside of the place looks like a sub shop, so it was surprising to come inside and have a different feel.
- always amazing767pilotDined on 6/7/2014No matter how many times we go to Homeade, the food continues to impress. Consistently good and fresh, it's one of our favorites. We always feel very comfortable thereSpecial Features:
- Delicious as always!!!SusieDined on 6/4/2014Beth and Lou along with their staff make every meal a great one. They not only have delicious food, they make you feel at home each and every time you eat at their restaurant! Love this time of year, as its so enjoyable to eat and relax outside!!!Special Features:
- The wolf in the sheep's clothingDaLeoneClanDined on 5/31/2014It was my our anniversary this past weekend and we wanted to try something new other than our normal go to spots. Found HOMEMADE and made reservations. When the GPS said we had arrived there was a parking spot right in front and my wife said is this the place? I told her that I thought so even thought it look like we just pulled up to a deli that was still open. We don't need valet to celebrate a special occasion but we were both skeptical but also very adventurous. With that we said let's check it out. As soon as we got out of the car we knew we made the right call. The aromas from the restaurant were overwhelming. We were able to sit outside and enjoy a fantastic meal. If you don't need 5 star service you will love this place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/20/2014Fabulous fresh food and the menu constantly changes. Mussels are outstanding!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian on the Main LineBennVIPDined on 5/20/2014Been wanting to go here for the past year but like most folks we have our favorites and you get into a grove. Finley broke the chain and went to Homemade this past Tuesday. Was one of the few days this year that the weather was nice so we sat outside. Server was very friendly, explained the specials and the menu with detail that made your mouth water. Had the mussels in a medium hot red sauce, was perfect. Once can tell if muscles are made right by how quickly the bread disappears lol. Main course was the eggplant parm. Was sliced vertically and lightly breaded to perfection. I'm already thinking of having this again. Very reasonable for a BYOB on the Main Line. Am most definitely going back....was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian and Homemade - ExactlyKarenVIPDined on 5/17/2014One thing we miss about the east coast is good family Italian food, so Homemade was perfect. Great food, homemade, and truly the definition of a "neighborhood gem." So much so that everyone seemed to know we were from out-of-town. They asked how we found them and then welcomed us like family.Special Features:
- Love the serversWendyDined on 5/17/2014Servers were great. Sent these folks a lot of customers. Salads were god but too small for the price. The portions of pasta given to us was ridiculously small. It's pasta costs nothing. Surprising. Would think twice about going back. Noise level is high.Special Features:
- SLITVIPDined on 5/9/2014Fabulous food - great selection and warm, welcoming staffSpecial Features:
- My visitFoodievvdrDined on 5/9/2014Food was good. Not very authentic Italian style food. Appetizer of grilled artichoke was packaged roman artichokes with jarred roasted pepper strips. Over seasoned with garlic powderSpecial Features:
- Great neighborhood SpotNocookingneededDined on 5/8/2014So glad Homemade opened. Easy, neighborhood night out after a long day! Food is great, very relaxing and perfect spot when you don't want to cook or eat take out... Again. Actually, it is our takeout !!! (:Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little spotjn22VIPDined on 5/3/2014Comfortable local place to eat and relax. Friendly wait staff. Good prices.Special Features:
- Nat1VIPDined on 4/23/2014I have been there before and loved their Homade Tuscan chicken. This time the chicken was very dry and the taste was not good. I was very disappointed.
- The following 84 reviews are from the Homemade reviews archive.
- Nice neighborhood spotShelley563Dined on 3/29/2014Homemade is a small, neighborhood BYOB which serves good homemade Italian food. Nothing fancy, but freshly prepared ingredients done well. The seating is tight, but we were fortunate to get a table by the window, and it was easy to carry on a conversation. The service was very good. Hope to try it again in warmer weather and we can sit outdoors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy, yummy in the tummy!LindaZVIPDined on 3/26/2014The only problem here is that the food is sooo good that I always eat too much...but it's worth it! Friendly service, delicious food & convenient parking! A winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food. Fabulous service.AmosDined on 3/14/2014Amazing food. Fabulous service. The red sauce on the mussels was the best I've ever had. Every dish my family has had at Homemade has been wonderful.Special Features:
- Teeny tiny but good BYOOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/14/2014Food was good. I had mussels/red sauce which were plentiful but on the small side and the red sauce was a little sweet for my taste (like a chunky bottled Prego) but it was good. I had the shrimp starter - really delicious and the sauce was perfect for dipping the bread. My husband had the chicken marsala. He enjoyed it, but it looked like what I make at home. Like just a little boring. The restaurant is very small. There is nowhere to wait for a table. You'd have to wait outside. Definitely make a reservation. There is parking behind the restaurant which we didn't know until after we parked a few blocks away. I will definitely go back. There aren't a lot of choices on the main line and sometimes I don't want to go into town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!SuekupVIPDined on 3/8/2014Food was notable. The red sauce was amazing . We went with a party of 6 and everyone ordered different items and we all thought it was excellent. WILL BE GOING THERE AGAIN!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Neighborhood BYOBwinewdinnerVIPDined on 3/7/2014The food at Homemade is consistently delicious! We dine here frequently and the food is always great and the quality is top notch. We are delighted to have a neighborhood BYOB to enjoy a casual dinner any night we aren't cooking at home. Beth, the owner, is lovely. Homemade is like dining in her home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and deliciousAudikimVIPDined on 3/1/2014We were greeted and seated right away after entering the small cafe style restaurant. The menus has a lot of basic Italian dishes. I ordered the egg plan parm and my friend ordered the chicken parm with a side of spaghetti. The "gravy" was delicious and with a sweet fresh tomato base without heavy oil, too much basil or garlic. Both of our dishes had a light breading and was lightly fried without heavy oils. The portions were just right. I would rate this place higher than the rest of the Main Line italian places for fresh ingredients and taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shhhhh767pilotDined on 2/22/2014I'm afraid that the word will get out on this gem. Lunch or dinner, every meal I've ever had here has been greatSpecial Features:
- DisappointingFjasonVIPDined on 2/21/2014We had heard good things about homemade but were quite disappointed. Expected sonething more with the name being "homemade". This was no different than we could have made at home. Service was weak.
- tiny diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/21/2014Homemade is a small restaurant where we brought our own wine, The special was good and appetizer MUCH good food. Mostly older people from the neighborhood. Tables very close together and cozy for a cold winter evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delicious!LindaZVIPDined on 2/18/2014I had my favorite last night..Spaghetti & crab! Yum yum. The salad was also delicious & large enough to share. Artichoke appetizer was delicious!Special Features:
- A very nice surprise. DinnerPenniDined on 2/15/2014A very nice surprise. Dinner was very enjoyable. Service was great, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not soHungryVIPDined on 2/15/2014A very odd restaurant for peasant Italian grub It's a byob which is ok The food is better than a chain, however not worth driving to Narbeth for the food Their is no ambiance, tables are on top of each other , servers are pleasing hs students The tabletops are tiny might work for children not really adults The resurrected Milan salad from the old jimmy Milan's was underwhelming If you live in area it's a stop, however would not drive here again. If you want good eats locally drive into south philadelphia for Italian food
- Homemade like familyHappyVIPDined on 2/15/2014We saw Homemade on Open Table for a while and finally tried it. We met Beth the owner chef during our meal and she was delightful and authentic in her spirit and her cooking. The Milan salad's Russian dressing reminded us of my mothers.. Yum! The Homemade Tuscan Chicken was excellent and the shrimp was also really good. We will be back when the weather turns so we can sit outside!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Dinnerluv2dineDined on 2/14/2014Came here for valentines dinner. Service was great, food was delicious, atmosphere was very welcoming - they even had a nice romantic song playlist going. Prices are also very reasonable. Will definitely be coming back here again!Special Features: