18210-100 Ave NW
Edmonton, AB T5S 2V2Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.homefiregrill.ca/
- Phone: 7804898086
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Bruce Wells
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Private Room, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: Contact Daryl or Chef Bruce and we will design a menu to make any catered function a great success.
- Private Party Facilities: Homefire Grill"s Private room is the perfect venue for a power business meeting complete with a built in LCD projector and screen, wireless Internet and secure privacy. Is there a special family birthday or event coming up? We would be happy to host your group or function in our Private Room. Seats 10-40 people in comfort and style.
- Private Party Contact: Daryl 7804898086
A word from Homefire Grill
Contemporary Canadian Fire Roasted Cooking. Experience the aroma of cooking on flames and the warmth of a central fireplace. Be surrounded by rich colours and natural elements of rock, wood and metal; and take in highlights of petroglyphs and artwork from ancient times. This is the feel of the Homefire Grill concept.Continued
The Homefire Grill features an open kitchen concept with the best in rotisserie and fire-roasted oven equipment. The restaurant seats 120 people with plenty of booth seating and the lounge seats 60.
The Homefire Grill features an open kitchen concept with the best in rotisserie and fire-roasted oven equipment. The restaurant seats 120 people with plenty of booth seating and the lounge seats 60.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Homefire Grill - Best Restaurants in Edmonton ›
Homefire Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (11)fit for foodies (10)neighborhood gem (10)romantic (8)kid-friendly (6)special occasion (5)great for lunch (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- Very nice mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Had a very nice meal for four adults. Diverse menu items to choose from. All was very tastey!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't be backOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014The service was friendly enough, but was a comedy of errors. Even if that hadn't happened, the food simply isn't good enough to bring me back. Very generous portions of though. I wouldn't say the food was "bad", but at this price level I'm just not the audience for this place.
- Quiet Friday outNotanotherusernameDined on 10/17/2014We were looking for someplace new to us, not a chain. This is a nicely appointed restaurant and a good alternative to chains like Earls. The food was excellent. We shared the chicken dumpling salad which was outstanding. Great ginger line dressing - we took our excellent waitress up in her offer of more dressing. I had the pork tenderloin-nicely cooked with a tart cranberry sauce. The roast potatoes were on the cool side and they were quickly and graciously replaced with a side of piping hot replacements. My husband had the lamb stew - also delicious. A distinct lamb flavour not overwhelmed by the gravy or puff pastry crust. Vegetable sides were fresh and cooked to a soft crispness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JJJNDined on 10/10/2014Consitantly good. Menu is varied enough for a wide range of ages and palletsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SilverDined on 10/6/2014My friends (8 people) and I have been to the Homefire Grill approximately 10 times since it has opened. We have never been disappointed by the food or the service. The manager takes great interest in assuring his guests are well taken care of. Would recommend Homefire Grill to anyone especially if you enjoy Elk or Bison. They have several dishes prepared with this type of meat and it is done to perfection as well as daily specials. They all also have awesome oven fired Pizza. There basically is something for everyone frpm Wild game to Asian Stirfry. Prices are more that reasonable. I paid $26 for an appetizer, entree an desert. Will be returning in December for our Christmas celebrationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMegsDined on 10/4/2014They have great food and good service. I would recommend this for anyone especially big you like elk or bison.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with Freinds2modestdinersDined on 10/4/2014We come to this restaurant at least twice a year. We find it to be a moderately priced venue to enjoy some unique and better quality meals. I try something different on the menu each time and so far I have not been disappointed with my choice. The portions are of a good size to fill a moderate appetite and are very tasty indeed. The staff have always been very pleasant and attentive to our needs and seem to be there when you need them. Otherwise they leave us alone to enjoy the company we came in with. The atmosphere is a very good place to be if you enjoy being able to converse during and after your meal. The background noise doesn't overwhelm the voices of those you would really rather hear. Excellent pace to enjoy with friends.Special Features:
- Decent place for dinnerGabrielleDined on 9/27/2014The waiter was very attentive. The food was only ok. The bison spring rolls were great and the shrimp was good too. However, the bacon wrapped scallops were cold in the middle and had to be sent back. They reheated the remaining two and brought them back. (the remainders of the others that we couldn't eat were on our plates). The penne was ok - nothing stellar. The meatloaf was dry and very dense. The steak was not very good. Overall I would not recommend this place for a special occasion - only if you can't get in somewhere else.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, not so great foodCardo44Dined on 8/29/2014The ambiance of the restaurant was very nice. We split an appetizer which was good, but both of out entrees were cold when they arrived. After our entrees were done we did not ask for dessert as we were not satisfied with our entrees. Not sure if it was just a bad night for them but we would not go back.Special Features:
- worth the tripcgs3Dined on 8/22/2014A bit difficult to get to if you are not familiar with Edmonton as it sits on a one way street and is surrounded in the back by motels. Actually it seems like the location for a chain restaurant but it's much better than that. Shared the crab cakes for a starter and this was just right for two. Server brought two separate little plates without prompting. Main entrees were superb. Bison meatloaf was the best bison dish I've ever had. The pork tenderloin didn't sound so special but was delicious (high quality meat perfectly seared with a simple but complimentary sauce. Sides were not memorable except for the zucchini not being sufficiently cooked in the vegetable mix. Nice wines by the glass in various sizes. Warm atmosphere.Special Features:
- The following 305 reviews are from the Homefire Grill reviews archive.
- Canadian cuisine with a twistasniderDined on 6/15/2014Homefire Grill takes traditional, European-style Canadian cuisine and puts an aboriginal twist on it. Whether it's a basket of bannock at the start of the meal or elk lasagna (served with garlic bannock toast instead of regular garlic bread), Homefire Grill takes the foods that many of us grew up with and makes them even better. The french onion soup (with, you guessed it, a bannock crouton) is among the best I've ever had. Unfortunately, it's not a regular menu item but if it happens to be the soup of the day when you visit, make sure to order it. The price is a tad high for the serving size, but it's so good that you won't care. Prices are good for the quality and the service is excellent.Special Features:
- Disappointing Father's Day Brunch4gdfoodDined on 6/15/2014We chose the Homefire Grill for a Father's Day brunch, since it had a 4 star Open Table rating. We were very disappointed. The Eggs Benedict were dry and tasteless, a cheese omelet was greasy and not of good taste, the selection of salads, deserts and fruit was very limited. I would rate this restaurant at no more than 2 star. However, the service was good and friendly.
- Always a positive experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014My family and friends have been dining at Homefire since they first opened a few years ago. We have never, not once, had a negative experience. Food is always good, service is great and out young children love it there too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Father's DayskyflierWendyDined on 6/15/2014Can't say enough about the wonderful service, selection of food, at the buffet and the attentive service. Was so happy, as first time visitors, to have chosen this restaurant. We were not disappointed. We will definitely be back to dine again!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014We went for Father's Day with our daughter and son-in-law. It was our first visit, and we were pleased with the set up, the variety of foods available and the friendliness of the staff. In particular we appreciated that food was regularly re-stocked, both the hot and cold areas. We are not big fans of booths however, and booths for four seemed to be the dominant choice of seating.Special Features:
- Father's Day brunchJeniDined on 6/15/2014Excellent brunch selection, food was really great!! Service was great too. Went there for Mother's Day and Father's Day & will go back again tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KirstenDined on 6/15/2014As usual, excellent! Great Father's Day buffet. Plenty of food, and choices, and they were very prompt about restocking the buffet table. Staff is very friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Father's Day brunchLuv2brunchDined on 6/15/2014Brunch was very good as usual, we have eaten here for brunch on several different occasions and have never been disappointed. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yikes...thefoodmonsterDined on 6/14/2014When we got to the Homefire Grill on a Saturday evening, we couldn't imagine why there were so few people inside. The inside was warm, clean and inviting. We soon learned why people may not return to this place. Our "shrimp and scallop in cream sauce" appetizer was like an oil soup. Our server, Adam, was the only redeeming quality to the restaurant and he graciously brought us a replacement appetizer. The wonton salad was clunky and unrefined, over-dressed and included chicken that was under-cooked. The oven-fired pizza, which we thought had to be fantastic due to their perfectly capable oven, was sadly overshadowed by the raw dough bottom. Conclusions? Much potential, but with inadequately trained, potentially apathetic cooking staff.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014A unique dining experience within the greater Edmonton area. Food selection is different from the standard fare and at the same time enticing because of that difference. The service, from the hostess to the waiter, was warm and inviting. A definite plus to a diverse and exciting Edmoton food scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014We have never had a bad meal at The Homefire Grill - can't say that about any other restaurant we have been to in Edmonton. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Good variety2kneeseatsoutDined on 5/30/2014We spent a wonderful evening at HomeFire. The food was great and there was a good variety of unusual foods for every palate. The Staff were friendly and our waiter in particular was efficient and we enjoyed his sense of humor. He was respectful and helpful, making sure that everyone in our party had what they required for an enjoyable eating experience. The food was well prepared and plated with care and an eye to the aesthetics of each selection.Special Features:
- great bannock & buttersluv2dine99Dined on 5/20/2014The bannock with maple & garlic butters were delicious!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Service from both servers and restaurant manager was very disappointing. I would not go back.
- Homefire GrilledFinerDinerDined on 5/11/2014Went in for Mothers Day brunch, i was quite embarassed to take my mom there, expecting more or as much as they boasted on the website . Upon being seated and waiting almost 10 minutes for the waitress to offer coffee, we just went and plated up. The food was overall the quality of 1st year NAIT students.No waffles or pancakes only french toast,the website stated carved turkey yet was only pork, the turkey was a processed roast in the steam table.Salmon tasted like it had been frozen. Aside from all the noise and busyness, all i heard repeatedly was the clicking of the high heels of the floozy in the striped dress, not appropriate attire for mothers day. A big disappointment having travelled 45 minutes to get thereSpecial Features:
- KirstenDined on 5/11/2014Wonderful Mother's Day brunch, and what novelty to actually see a manager of an establishment wearing an apron and helping replenish the buffet, while still cheerfully taking the time to chat with the customers.Special Features:
- Great place for steak.jac1Dined on 5/10/2014We had the special, bacon wrapped filet and lobster tail, the filet was melt in your mouth delicious, I wished they had served butter with the lobster that's the way I always eat it and love it that way, this was the first time I went to a restaurant and butter wasn't served with lobster, we asked for some and they brought some, but we finished our lobster by the time the butter came. I wouldn't do the mashed potatoes again, we didn't care for them, but the red potatoes were good, the veggie were also well done, would have those next time, I think I will be going back, Becase the filet was so good, an just have something either than mashed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingluvmorewineDined on 5/10/2014Shared Great Food and Wine with Family Members at a restaruant which is one of my favorite's. After experiencing the Home Fire Grill for the 1st time, they were discussing their next visit before we even finished out meal.Special Features:
- Mother's Day dinnerGrampaDined on 5/10/2014Homefire was my wife's (and our daughter and grand daughter's)first choice as location for Mother's Day Dinner.The restaurant was very busy - people without reservations being turned away.But fortunately we had a reservation and were seated immediately.Our food was delicious - as we have come to expect.For the past ten years this has been one of our favorite spots -- great wine list and fabulous menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond Great!!!!HappyCustomerDined on 4/23/2014Cannot say enough about the Manager. A group of 10 were out for lunch from work and once I mentioned that some folks had meetings to attend right after lunch the Manager personally took everyone's orders and then monitored the lunch progression and had the banking machine brought over before it had to be requested!!! Service like that is a rare find indeed...and greatly appreciated! On top of everything, the food was enjoyed by all 10 individuals with ample portions and prepared as expected. (April 23/14)Special Features:
- table4allDined on 4/20/2014A family Easter celebration that was beyond our expectations from greeting, through service & food. The buffet choices met the variety of our family preferences. The staff were friendly & helpful, always with a smile. Appreciated the organization of sittings. No need to feel rushed. As long time Homefire Grill supporters, we want to say thank you to all the staff including the great chefs. Better than at home!!!Special Features:
- Easter99restaurantsDined on 4/20/2014Food was fresh,:our waitress was very good. The manager was very friendly as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Special OccasionsPolarbearDined on 4/20/2014We had been here once before for Mother's Day last year and were very impressed with the food and the service. There are not 101 items, but what is there is done very well and there is more than enough selection. The staff are very attentive and quick. If we didn't live out of town, we would come more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A return trip is warrentedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/12/2014The food and service were excellent. As soon a we walked in we were met by a wonderful young lady full of smiles and energy. Our server was so attentive even though she had many tables that she was taking care of we never waited for water etc. The food came quickly but we did not feel rushed. A place that will we certainly go back to. I would highly recommend the Homefire Grill.Special Features:
- Quiet Romantic DiningbirthdayboyDined on 4/6/2014It was my 63rd birthday and my boss told me to try out Homefire Grill, so made a reservation for 5 PM on Sunday for my wife and myself. We arrived early and were seated promptly. We got to sit next to the indoor fire pit right under a ceiling light. Often we go to restaurants that are so dark it takes your eyes 10 minutes to adjust so you can read the menu. The waitress (Candice) was very attentive and even wished me a happy birthday. There were only about 8 other people in the restaurant ... one was a family with two children who were enjoying their pizza. My wife and I ordered the 8oz sirloin dinner, but now wish we had tried the bison burger. We toasted with a glass of Pinot Blanc which our waitress recommended ... very nice. ^_^Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 4/5/2014I knew about this restaurant by going for lunch but had not taken my wife there. After talking her into it as we live on the south side away we went meeting sister and brother-in law there. We both order the mussels and my god they were delicious with the sauce that they were in was great with dipping bread. We all had different meal and all of us enjoyed them. Great food great restaurant will return.Special Features:
- The Servicerhk14Dined on 3/29/2014Our waiter was a gem!!! He was well versed in what was on the menu, what was really good and what he felt we might enjoy. He had a great sense of humour and tried to meet all our needs. Food was also great, especially the mussels, of which my 4 1/2 year old grand-daughter consumed the majority of them. Always have enjoyed going to Homefire and will return again. Thank you,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mom's 60th BirthdayhappydinerDined on 3/22/2014We had a fantastic time celebrating my mom's 60th birthday this past weekend. We were fortunate enough to have had the conference/dining room separate from the restaurant and it felt like home away from home without all the work of preparing and cleaning! The service was very friendly yet still keeping with the "classiness" of the evening. Our family had a great time and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over all greatFoodloverDined on 3/21/2014I had gone there with my 2 kids ages 13 and 7. They were fast and friendly. It was so peaceful with the fire and music. Relaxing experience. 10/10 in my books it was awesome. I will be going there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining ?PampanewbieDined on 3/15/2014I must say, the food was pretty tasty, but not up to what I expected from a previous visit. What really lost me as a customer was the fast food type in and out attitude the waiter put us through . The bill was over two hundred dollars and he insisted the desert menu be on our table when were only 1/2 way through our main course. Were there empty tables ? Absolutely. So , A special diner out turned into a high class fast food style delight ... Too bad :(