2000 S. IH 35 Suite D-1
Round Rock, TX 78681Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.homefieldgrill.com/
- Phone: 5123884663x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Saturday: 11:00am - 1:00am, Sunday: 10:00am -11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Gary Beauregard
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: HomeField Grill features both a private and semi private room. The semi private dining room can seat up to 40 guests and offers a comfortable environment for rehearsal dinners and meetings. The SkyBox is adjacent to our game room which makes it the perfect location for a Team Building lunch!
- Private Party Contact: Phyllis Bowen 5122386375x103
- Entertainment: We feature 4,000 square feet of some of the best racing, dancing, rocking out games as well as introducing a few classics such as Pacman. On special nights, we will feature some of Austin’s local musicians as well as DJs. Give us a call to get more details in regards to what event we have coming up next. Everything from trivia nights to UFC fights-- we cover it all.
A word from HomeField Grill
Open in June of 2010, HomeField Grill is your one stop, entertainment shop. We offer local and fresh produce as well as Nolan Ryan Beef. A sports themed restaurant, we featuring dueling grills with HomeField Grill’s fascinating flamethrower pizzas. We also offer a full entertainment area and Round Rock's biggest beer selection of quality crafted beers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
HomeField Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (4)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Visiting with GranGrantimeDined on 8/24/2014The food was as good as we had heard and the service as slow.Special Features:
- Did not get food ordereddonnaDined on 6/15/2014Service was certainly not fast, but the worst part was that we never got the appetizer we ordered. And, when I pointed it out to our waiter, he said "Yes, I know" - not "I'm sorry", or why, or anything.Special Features:
- The following 56 reviews are from the HomeField Grill reviews archive.
- sub par serviceMothersDayDined on 5/11/2014Our waiter was slower than molasses. He apparently had way better things to do than wait on us. It was mothers day as well. :( He made an ok day turn bad. We ordered pretzels and they came out ice cold. Like frozen, ice cold. Not great. We told the manager, the closest person around, and he replaced them with warm pretzels on the house. We ordered them as an appetizer and we got them after our dinner arrived.Special Features:
- TabsSportlovingmomDined on 5/11/2014Enjoyed sports while at Mother's Day brunch! Nice management. Good atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ServiceBaseballmomDined on 5/6/2014My family and I went there for our son's 11th birthday. The waiter we had was AWESOME! Everyone enjoyed there food. The only complaint I had is that I had ordered the special which was the steak and potato. The potato was good but the steak was burnt. All I really tasted was the burnt pieces and I had asked for it medium well which usually doesn't come out overly burnt, but this time it did. My husband had ordered the same thing but he gets his well done, so he doesn't mind the overly cook meat. I'm not one to complain about the food especialy at the resturant so I didn't say anything. But I have been there many times and had gotten other items from the menu and never had a problem with any of it. My kids love going there!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food / terrible serviceAshgibDined on 12/28/2013Although my dinner party had a reservation at 8:00PM, we were told they were out of hot tea. Additionally, when asked to make coffee before ordering, they had to make a fresh pot. At the end of the meal (which was before 9PM), they said they had to make another fresh pot. Two individuals ordered soup yet only one was asked about receiving it before the meal. Only one received it prior to the meal. No silverware or napkins on the table. No plates with appetizer. Had to request all from the waiter. Rice was under cooked. When we requested coffee, it never arrived (nor were we told another batch had to be made). Also, waiter have excuse about the kitchen closing even though it was before 9PM. If this true, hours need to be updated.Special Features:
- Better options out there.TANKATXDined on 9/20/2013The only positive I have for this place is the menu is kid friendly. The staff on the other hand is not. When we sat down I asked about their local beers and even their Octoberfest brews. Was rudely told that they tapped the only Octoberfest in 1 day and that if I wanted to know about the other beers to look at the screen way at the end if the building. Ordered a rootbeer for my daughter and it was room temperature. For $2 50 and no refills it was a little bothersome that they would charge more for rootbeer than real beer but it wasn't cold. There are better ootions available.Special Features:
- Fun place, great burgers!!!PhillyfillyVIPDined on 6/10/2013Fun place, great burgers!!! Huge game arcade, terrific sports bar, lots of beers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2013LOVE LOVE LOVE their burgers! Our waitress got tied up with another table (large group) in her section. The manager stepped in and finished up our table. EXCELLENT!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/12/2013We had been to Home-field grill many times in the past for brunch. It has always been good before. This time I booked way too many people. The buffet line was almost out the front door. Other than the omellets, the food was a C- . By the time we finally could get some syrup, our pancakes were freezing cold. The roast beef was tough and chewy. It certainly was not worth the $18 per person. Maybe normal Sunday Brunch would be fine, but never again on Mother's Day.Special Features:
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2013Had Mother's Day Brunch here - first visit for all of us. Food was average, service was average. Not spectacular, but nothing horrible.The mashed potatoes were good, chicken fried chicken was dry, sirloin was good but really fatty. The line for the buffet was stupid long, when we got there shortly after 10 a.m.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place- OK ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2013Food was great, atmosphere was great, price was great and we will definitely be back. Only complaint was that the waiter had a larger party that was more important than us and he let us know. Sad that one bad service experience can ruin an entire experience. I will still give them another try but if service is mediocre again I won't be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lousy food & service,overpriced!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/31/2013We went to a special Easter Brunch based on an emailed advertisement stating omelette station, eggs Benedict, lots of great stuff. It was less than mediocre. There was no omelette station or eggs Benedict at the buffet, only a small business card size sign, we later found at the beginning of the buffet line stating you could special order an omelette or eggs Benedict. The table next to us had eggs Benedict so we asked our server about. She said it had to be special ordered. So we did. When we got the eggs Benedict, it was over cooked, the eggs were solid not runny. Lastly,on the table there was an ad for their regular brunch every Sunday for $12.95. They doubled the cost just because it was Easter. We will not return!!!Special Features:
- Always great food! StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013Always great food! Staff was friendly & helpful. Manager walked aound as well.Special Features:
- Loved the big round tableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013Loved the big round table in the back! Perfect for our group. Food was great and there was no wait...Special Features:
- Super super bowlOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/3/2013Brought together a group of friends for the super bowl, one of the deciding factors was that they took reservations. The icing on the cake was the open arcade for our daughter and her friend. Food was good, service was downright attentive. A couple of people tried the buffet and really liked the ribs, I would have had they been beef. They did not cram people in for the game like many places a great thing, energy level suffered a bit. We would do it again!Special Features:
- We will definitely come backOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/4/2013We will definitely come back again. It was a 'fun' atmosphere and the food was quite good.Special Features:
- I ordered short ribs and theyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2012I ordered short ribs and they had a grimy after taste. The hamburger my husband ordered was good and the kids meals were good. We will return.Special Features:
- My wife and I like to go toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/8/2012My wife and I like to go to different places just to try them out. I saw Homefield Grill online and thought it would be worth a shot. We shared the cheddar bats, the chicken cordon bleu and the beef short rib with mac and cheese and truffle. The smashed potatoes that came with the Chicken were our least favorite, though still good. Everything else was outstanding. We ate too much to get desert, but since we plan on going back (probably again and again), we'll catch it next time!Special Features:
- Took my family out with anOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/8/2012Took my family out with an uncle visiting from Kentucky. The food, service, price was very good.Special Features:
- Went for Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/13/2012Went for Mother's Day Brunch and was not that thrilled with the server (didn't really pay much attention to the moms at the table and missed the mimosa request). Also the food was decent but they didn't have enough staff to keep it filled up and do "man" the special orders. The cheesecake was amazing.Special Features:
- Must try in Round RockOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012Great dining experience. The Chef is certainly the secret of Homefeild Grills success. Try the beer dinner. It is a fantastic experience.Special Features:
- First visit, was pleasantlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2012First visit, was pleasantly surprised; table was ready, no wait. Loved happy hour prices!!!! Dinner was prepared well, presentation great, taste good. Service was very good (Meagan). I had adult family members and a friend with me (party of 5) we were impressed and will be back. My husband words in Japan; I told him how great is was and he can't wait to try when he comes home in April.Special Features:
- We dined there for Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2012We dined there for Valentine's and it was super! The food and service were both exceptional and the price point excellent. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- I had a group of 9 come onOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/6/2012I had a group of 9 come on a Friday night for a girls' night out and we had a fantastic time. Our waiter Chad B. took care of us all the way with constant drink refills and speedy delivery of our food. Absolutely would recommend this restaurant to friends and family!Special Features:
- this was our first time goingwmckiernanDined on 12/31/2011this was our first time going to the grill. The service was good but not great. we both had the burgers which were very good. They've got a good selection of beer which is a plus. this is a sports bar with an upscale attitude. very good place for me although my wife isn't a sports fan.Special Features:
- Fun for All Ages!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/26/2011We went to the Homefield Grill to celebrate my son's birthday. It was a fun atmosphere with a video arcade, pool tables and air hockey for fun. The big surprise was that the food was excellent! Home baked buns on the burgers, choice of regular or sweet potato fries, excellent desserts.Special Features:
- While HFG is often out ofOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/26/2011While HFG is often out of a good number of their beer lists for any given month, it just proves that people are there for the different taps available.Special Features:
- great family atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/23/2011It was a great family atmosphere to watch the Tebow game. Nice mix between sit down restaurant and bar with plenty of tv's to go around. Great staff!Special Features:
- I walked in expecting a typicalPhillyfillyVIPDined on 9/17/2011I walked in expecting a typical sports bar. Wrong! It has a typical sports bar menu and also offers more complex food such as buffalo ribs & salmon. We had outstanding burgers and the best sweet potato fries ever. Huge place, seats 499 people, but you don't feel like you're in a big cavern. Pleasant ambiance, great food. We'll be back & bring several friends with us. Love this place!Special Features:
- Great place for dinner withOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2011Great place for dinner with friends and kids. We got the table right away and location of the table was perfect to talk and also watch the kids in the play area. We love the special of food and games. Variety of food and drinks is really good. We go for dinner with friends every other week and try a different dish everytime, so far all really good, mainly the flat breads.Special Features:
- Our server was awful (Jacob).OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/9/2011Our server was awful (Jacob). He was appear to be mentally challenged with attention deficit. We were in the middle of order I meal when he walked away to have a conversation with managers. He did not say excuse me or apologize, the manager apologized for the disruption. As a consequence our order was not correct... we order chicken finger and we got balsamic vinaigrette as our dipping sauce and honey mustard on the salad. The balsamic vinaigrette had congeal and looked like chocolate pudding. Our salads and entrees came out one at a time so we could not enjoy eating our meal together.... I have been here before and the service and food were good but they need to re-train Jacob.
- Good Food Good Fun BAD BAD ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2011Very sad. Good food, good sports, great place to take your kids, but the service was absolutely horrid. From the point we sat down to the point we left we only saw our waitress 4 times, drink order, food order, give us our bill, and last to sign our bill. empty drink glasses all the time... if I was looking to hang out at the bar, definitively would go back, if i was going for a table, not sure if I would return.Special Features:
- Nothing SpecialwaltontxDined on 8/26/2011Nothing special to write about HomeField Grill. It is your typical "family sports bar" with typical mass appeal food. The selection of beer is somewhat impressive and the gaming area in the back is a reasonably good way to keep the noise tolerable in the dining and bar areas. If you are looking for a place in Round Rock to watch a game, eat some fried food, and drink a beer, this is as good as any.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/201110:00pm reservation for party of 8 celebrating a birthday. staff unhelpful, server John was slow, even told birthday person he was "obligated" to offer free dessert. Sample appetiser came out without plates, napkins or serving spoons. Maybe late night reservations should not be accepted. Food was generous and tasty.
- Well satisfied!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2011Good service, good atmosphere, good wine and good food. One of the best steak dinners I've had in Round Rock.Special Features:
- Wish we had one of these wherefoodloverDined on 7/19/2011Wish we had one of these where we live! The food was great!Special Features:
- We have been at the HomeFieldOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/24/2011We have been at the HomeField Grill several times in the past 2 weeks. Totally awesome!!!Special Features:
- Great selection, meat on theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/19/2011Great selection, meat on the burger was great. Nolan Ryan has outdone himself once again! Kids enjoyed arcade.Special Features:
- two strikes..almost out.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/10/2011I want to like this restraunt, but for the second time, they have got my order wrong. I realized that I received the wrong dish after I started to eat my salad. Since I had never ordered the dish before, I wasnt sure what to look for. Being that it was a salad. It wasnt immediatley noticable. The main point is, this is not the first problem I have had. The last time, the manager took money off our bill. I would rather have good food, and good service.