Home Restaurant - Silver Lake
2500 Riverside Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90039Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Home Restaurant - Silver Lake
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.homerestaurantla.com/
- Phone: (323) 665-0211
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast & Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 9:00am - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 8:00am - 11:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: 4 hours notice required
24 hours required for weekends
Buffet service available upon request
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private and semi-private dining for small and large groups, our menu can be customize for any special occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Fabian Moncada 3236650211x
- Entertainment: 4 tv's
1 Big screen (projector)
A word from Home Restaurant - Silver Lake
Located on the eastern edge of Silver Lake in the space that used to house Rudolpho's, Home is an aptly named restaurant that specializes in homemade, down-home American comfort food. The restaurant features a full bar and a tree-lined outdoor patio, which is a tranquil oasis with its bubbling fountain and koi pond. The indoor bar's four large television screens are dedicated to round-the-clock sporting events. The decor is a melange of old-time photos, Dodgers posters and carhop culture, and the inside bar blends wood paneling with brick walls. Like its sister location in Los Feliz, Home is a "a kid and pet friendly" restaurant all day and night. Home also features Happy Hour Sunday through Friday from 3pm-8pm with All Night Happy Hour on Sundays and Mondays and a Late Night Happy Hour on Friday and Saturday nights from 9pm-midnight. Street parking and valet parking in an adjoining lot are available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Home Restaurant - Silver Lake - Best Restaurants in Silver Lake ›
Home Restaurant - Silver Lake reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (24)neighborhood gem (19)great for brunch (18)great for lunch (17)kid-friendly (16)good for groups (13)fit for foodies (6)hot spot (6)special occasion (5)romantic (4)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Cute outdoor eating with good foodfoodie9Dined on 11/9/2014The food at Home-Silverlake was great, all of my girlfriends and I loved our meals. Also, our booth was very nice and the outdoor patio was cute and well decorated. It seemed like a very "LA" brunch. However, the service was lacking, but this will not stop us from coming backSpecial Features:
- Home Silverlake Sunday 5:30 pmBootedHarleyBikerDined on 10/19/2014Poor service with two servers dealing with inside & patio. Volume of monitors in the bar way too loud making conversation in the dinning area difficult. Large party seated in the middle of the inside dinning room - loud, noisy, screaming children, children running around the dinning room.
- Stupendous Diner for Some BrunchkjcastroDined on 10/5/2014Made a reservation for our large group a few days prior and had no trouble once we arrived. In fact, I don't recall have any issues with the service, the location, or the food. Everything was an amazing experience and I would definitely recommend this place to future brunch goers.Special Features:
- Open table res stroke of genius!TeddiesDined on 9/21/2014We were seated right away- service was very attentive- food selection was varied - food tasted great!! All told- wonderful experience would highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool place...bennraDined on 9/12/2014I would like to try the other location as well. Great outdoor patio with real trees in the middle.Special Features:
- JazzyVIPDined on 9/5/2014We came here for dinner. Food and service were excellent. Ahi tuna burger, beef torpedo (sliced filet mignon) were delicious. Apple pie was amazing. Drinks were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Home without taste and decorMadMaddyVIPDined on 8/31/2014The place is depressing, lacks parking space and the food is below mediocre. Asked for salsa, and I swear a Russian could make it better. Not for people who like good food and a pleasant environment.
- HomepercDined on 8/29/2014Loved the outdoor patio. Trees and string lights surrounded the patio, it has great outdoor lighting. The cauliflower appetizer was amazing. The vegan burger was kind of dry but other then that everything was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fun place with a great selectionChristyBVIPDined on 8/16/2014Funky and fun atmosphere. Friendly and efficient staff. Great selections on the menu. And, delicious food. What more could you ask for at a casual restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Menu & Outdoor SeatingTracyDined on 8/11/2014Our family has had dinner here twice in the last month. The menu is great and offers something for everyone. Good selection of appetizers, salads, burgers, and dinners. Great Happy Hour from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. every day other than Saturday. I had the beet and pear salad which was outstanding.Special Features:
- Good but slowAnnivNo7VIPDined on 8/10/2014Tried this restaurant as it was near Dodger Stadium for the McCartney concert. Seems they were pretty busy so the on line rez was a good idea. The food was fine, but there was a very noticeable delay in getting service for water, then dinner, then desert. We saw quite a line building, yet there were 5-6 tables/booths open but not bussed. Were were the bus boys? They either have a short staff issue in general or were totally caught short handed on a Sunday for the concert traffic. Funny thing was the had a huge bill board sign directly over the restaurant with McCartney all over it for the concert!!! May try again, but service needs to be improved or it will be our last time. We did see people walk away, when there open tables!!Special Features:
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014Was different than I expected, but absolutely loved everything. Good for vegetarians too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodbetziabi15Dined on 8/2/2014The place was a little but busy, just to waiters and waited a long time just to order buy usually so fast to get the check. The food overall was good. I will try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 10 reviews are from the Home Restaurant - Silver Lake reviews archive.
- Great Brunch/Lunch and Veg!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/28/2014Meet up with some family here and all five of us really enjoyed our food. It's really good, fresh, comfort style food with several good options for vegetarians! My only complaint was the drinks, which were good, were a little expensive. The best part was the service. Everyone was great. The waiter was very attentive and knew the menu items really well. We asked the hosts for local shopping recommendations and a couple people pointed us to the local areas good for window shopping.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014I love going to Home. They're fish tacos are THE best I have ever had!!Special Features:
- Truely good HOME cooking!BenjiVIPDined on 5/31/2014Great place before a Dodger game or concert. Great service and prices are reasonable.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerTastesgreat75Dined on 5/17/2014Home was great at accommodating a large birthday party on a Saturday night. Food was great, the server was extremely nice, however it did take longer than normal for food to arrive. I think the servers could come around a little more often to check on you, but, overall I was extremely satisfied and would recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchdeejayDined on 5/11/2014It was awesome having a reservation for Mother's Day. There was a long wait and we were able to walk right in which is perfect because my mother is handicapped. The restaurant is pet friendly which at first I was concerned but the truth is once we sat down I never noticed any of the dogs that were present. We had a great table on the covered patio which was weather friendly so we were all comfortable. The service was a little slow but over all it was a nice time. My folks are looking forward to going back again. I do not recommend the red velvet pancakes - my son didn't like them at all.Special Features:
- Great Mother's Day BrunchlovefoodDined on 5/11/2014Home Restaurant was the perfect spot for our mother's day brunch. They had something for everyone and we really enjoyed the ambiance of the restaurant. The server was friendly and took good care of us. We all enjoyed our food and will be back again to try more dishes! The parking is the only setback of this place but the valet was more efficient then I expected upon arrival.Special Features:
- Nice PlacePeterVIPDined on 4/27/2014I went here for lunch with a small group. Food was excellent! I would for sure come back for happy hour to check out some of their specials.Special Features:
- Dog friendlyDuckieVIPDined on 4/6/2014WE come for the dog but stay for the healthy variety of food.Special Features:
- feels like home.MmMmGoodDined on 4/5/2014it's so cute here. great decor, great music, great vibes. the food is also amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I always enjoy the food,serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/30/2014I always enjoy the food,service and ambience at this restaurant. Never had a bad meal. Every thing is great here.Special Features: