Home Restaurant - Los Feliz
1760 Hillhurst Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90039Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Home Restaurant - Los Feliz
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://homerestaurantla.com/
- Phone: 3236690211
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast & Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 9:00am - 10:00pm; Friday - Sunday: 8:00am - 10:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Brunch: 8:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer a great variety for Catering orders. Our menu is available any day of the week.
A word from Home Restaurant - Los Feliz
Your HOME away from home! HOME restaurant offers authentic, HOME cooked delicious food in a homey atmosphere. We have become your neighborhoods favorite hangout, even if we are not in your neighborhood! Serving breakfast all day and some dinner option for breakfast, you will be sure to find something your taste buds will LOVE, and a great patio area you will enjoy! We make sure your experience is a great one with exceptional customer service, after all you are a guest at our HOME. Bring your friends, family, children, pets!!! We welcome you and your loved ones to HOME restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Home Restaurant - Los Feliz - Best Restaurants in Los Feliz ›
Home Restaurant - Los Feliz reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (53)neighborhood gem (44)great for brunch (39)great for lunch (35)good for groups (20)fit for foodies (16)kid-friendly (13)romantic (9)hot spot (9)scenic view (7)special occasion (7)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Good old HomeCindylouDined on 9/1/2014We have come to rely on HOME as a place that will always provide an excellent meal. We order meals for delivery, bring our friends from out of town and go on our own when we r in the mood for comfort food. They have excellent selections for different eating requirements and a fun atmosphere. HOME is one of our favorite spots in Los Feliz.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT SURPRISE THAT I WILL RETURN.FoodisFabulousDined on 8/24/2014Once again Open Table has led me to experience a wonderful new dining experience. I took a great friend that I have known 49 years for his Birthday, and then we went to see YES @ the Greek Theater. The place has a wonderful feel that you are somewhere in the woods. Our Server was a fabulous girl with a smile of gold. We both selected the Chicken Picatta which came with Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Grilled Vegies. The food was great and just was very much a HOME cooked meal. Home is now one of my go to places in Los Feliz.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent brunch placeHarrisTXDined on 8/24/2014I booked a brunch at Home Restaurant for 6 people on a Sunday. I was very happy with my decision. There were no problems with the reservation, and we were seated immediately. I was impressed with the breadth of the menu. Everyone found something they could eat and enjoy. I ordered the huevos rancheros which were delicious. I would definitely come back to Home Restaurant for brunch in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pets RulenfcwDined on 8/23/2014Pets welcome on patio. Witnessed owners permitting animals to lick glassware and dishes on which food was served. Staff, tho otherwise pleasant and attentive, seemed unconcerned.
- very nice!underneathyDined on 8/15/2014This was my 2nd time here, in about 7 years.. still love the atmosphere and decor. It does really feel like you're sitting in a very nice patio and it's cozy and the food/drinks are good. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- where'd the staff go?HamsNadsVIPDined on 8/13/2014Although we were seated by the kitchen and there were ample staff we did not receive a water until halfway through the meal and not a single refill. Our server didn't check on UA until the plates were cleared and my beer had been empty a good 20 minsSpecial Features:
- Uniqueness of HomekulerthanuDined on 8/10/2014This restaurant has a great staff, very friendly and accomidating. The ambiance was energetic and relaxing with a great patio dining experience. This place is great for a first date or a business lunch. Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner under the trees!!!KkkkrrrDined on 8/9/2014Special dinning experience among the trees. Home is a gem worth the experience. If you're headed to the Greek and looking for a great place to eat, this it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just so-sojimmydeezDined on 8/1/2014I was expecting more. Portions much smaller than I expected for the cost so value was not there. The outdoor eating environment was unique and cool on the surface but we were swatting flies and dodging falling leaves during our meal. We ordered the short-rib sandwich but what we got was more like middle of the road pulled-beef, and mine was 75% onions (large slices and chunks, not "carmelized" as described in the menu). Coleslaw was warm, very concerning since obviously mayonaise-based.
- Maybe we should try breakfastdryanmillerVIPDined on 7/29/2014Perhaps Home is better for breakfast. We are new to the neighborhood and found the service (perhaps they were short staffed) a little slow and not the most friendly. The restroom had soap all over the floor and when we mentioned this to the server, we were told, don't use that one. It was just not as good as we had hoped.
- Perfect lunch spotCathiVIPDined on 7/28/2014Took a group of 8 for lunch and everything was great. We were seated immediately per our reservation and had attentive service. The many options on the menu made it a difficult choice for all of us. There are sandwiches, salads, breakfasts, etc. We were all happy with our choices but want to return to try more.Special Features:
- Long term customerArronsRevewzDined on 7/20/2014Been coming here since I was 10 love the burgers and criss-cut fries. I didn't like the vegan burger needed more flavor but those aren't easy to get right so w/e. I also loved the grapefruit vodka cocktail it tasted so fresh. Another favorite is there quesadillas on wheat tried that back in 2010 didn't see it on the menu last time I went. Cant wait to go back and try the red velvet pancakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!UpscalehealthynaturalVIPDined on 7/18/2014First time we were there and we thoroughly enjoyed it! Ambience was wonderful and salads were delicious. Very charming outdoor dining.Special Features:
- Home has a great menuVeggie78VIPDined on 7/18/2014Great menu with many choices for vegetarians. Really cute setting...trees growing up through the restaurant. I'd like to try their happy hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- driffeDined on 7/13/2014Had a business brunch for 6 on a Sunday morning and everyone could her the discussion. Food and service excellent. And they have a gluten free bread!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a casual breakfastmarbles31Dined on 7/6/2014Had Sunday brunch before going to catch a matinee and it was fBulous. Food was solid. Not incredible OMG level however good. Service was fast! Everyone was nice and helpful. The environment is the best. Shady cute and yeah crowded so use open table and make a res. what just that nice relaxing Sunday morning "Ahhhhh..." Feeling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable, Classy and Casual!PJFWDined on 7/3/2014Dined here before a concert at the Greek Theater (it's quite close) and was very happy with the service, food, and ambiance. Home has a lovely multi-level shaded outdoor patio which makes for an extremely pleasant experience, especially in the summertime. Menu is quite varied - soups, salads, wraps and sandwiches, as well as more formal dinner entrees. Since we were headed off to the theater, we ate light - roasted chicken and avocado sandwiches (huge and could easily be shared) with waffle fries - they were excellent! Service was a bit hap-hazard (wait staff seemed to change during the meal) but everyone that came to table was friendly and helpful including seating hostess and bus boy. They got us out in plenty of time -we'll return!Special Features:
- Experience fits the name.Luv2eatoutDined on 6/28/2014Good comfort food. Cozy outside patio. Spacious table. Like having friends over for dinner, but with warm friendly service.Special Features:
- super cutebiscuittVIPDined on 6/26/2014i went for dinner and drinks on a thursday night. not super crowded. we sat outside. it's adorable there. ordered tony's drink which was delicious. had the meatball sliders for dinner. loved them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Great AmbianceGratefulDined on 6/24/2014Love this restaurant. Food, service and ambiance always wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch spotAidanDined on 6/21/2014Love meeting friends here for brunch. Such a great space with a great vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous as alwaysThoroWolfDined on 6/16/2014I come here whenever in the city. Outside dining at its finest. Fantastic ambience, amazing food and a full bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEW HOME LOVERnewfoodieDined on 6/15/2014This was our first time dining at the Home Restaurant and it will not be our last. My family brought me here for Father's Day for brunch and we loved it. We are talking about coming back for lunch or dinner and not to wait for a special occasion. The food was delicious and the service was very good! My family made reservations which was a good idea as it seems to be a very popular place! Valet made it very convenient and their service was quick. I would recommend this restaurant for anyone looking for good food and a very relaxing environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect for intimate groups of 6-sunnyDined on 6/14/2014green omelette + spicy sausage red velvet pancake short rib pot pie chicken fried steak w bacon gravySpecial Features:
- HOME RUNgunzofnavaroneDined on 6/7/2014Love this place. Great service, excellent food and killer jalapéno Bloody Marys. Plus the patio is dog-friendly. This is how you run a proper neighborhood restaurant. I'm a dedicated fan.Special Features:
- We were pleasedehb365VIPDined on 5/28/2014Found this place while searching Yelp for dining options near the Greek Theater prior to a concert. We were delightfully surprised. The Lemonata Berry Cocktail was very tasty. I usually order my cocktails "not sweet". They got it perfect the first time around. Can't wait to try their breakfast menu and Bloody Marys. Everyone around us were drinking them. A true testament I thought. Bon Appitite!Special Features:
- Mixed ReviewEatingisfunDined on 5/26/2014Mixed review about Home Restaurant because the food and everything was great except for the fact that one of my friends found some hair in the food. The place itself was very cute; I did like the ambience and it was a great experience for brunch overall. I wonder how dinner would be like. I imagine it would be pretty romantic with lights and eating outdoors.Special Features:
- There really is no place like HomeBlissfulBitesDined on 5/24/2014We went to home off of a referral from a friend. My husband and I both fell in love with this place immediately! We loved the outdoor ambionce and the food was amazing! We were in heaven with the outdoor garden and fountain, it was like a grand patio at a friends house. Our 9 month old son came along both times once for lunch and once for dinner and it went great! We loved it so much we went twice in the same week! Can't wait to go again! The Chicken Picata was to die for!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice FindJeffmDined on 5/24/2014We were staying in Los Feliz and looking for a place to eat. We tried Home Restaurant and were pleasantly surprised by the food. The pasta dishes we had were delicious. The beet pear salad was also a treat.Special Features:
- The following 10 reviews are from the Home Restaurant - Los Feliz reviews archive.
- Great place to enjoy a meal outsideissataDined on 5/11/2014Home is a lovely place with plentiful outdoor seating. There are umbrellas so you'll stay cool in the hot SoCal sunshine. There's lovely fish pond in the middle with a fountain to add to the ambiance. The decor is very relaxed and comfortable. We came for Mother's Day Brunch and so glad I made reservations here. There was a big line waiting outside. My chicken and waffles was delicious! Coffee was just OK. Portion size was just enough. Staff were extremely nice. I would come back here again. They also have another restaurant in Silver Lake.Special Features:
- Just GREAT FoodOzzyOzDined on 5/11/2014Bottomline, it's a delicious spot to dine with it's delicious steaks and great ambiance...Special Features:
- Restaurant for DogsbesoVIPDined on 5/3/2014The place was full of dogs and we had the pleasure of sitting next to 100 pound dog that smelled and did not behave. The food is here is very average, so this is how they attract customers.Special Features:
- Fun dinnerTerryDined on 4/29/2014Had a fun dinner of appetizers--the food was good but not special. We especially liked the egg rolls. The happy hour menu is not exactly "happy". Very limited and not much of a discount--instead of paying $6.95 for an appetizer, you pay $6.00. Loved sitting out on the patio and the service is friendly and attentive. I realize this sounds a bit negative--we really had a nice time and would go back again, but if you're looking for a great happy hour, this is not the place.Special Features:
- A new favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2014A friend recommended that we go here, and we weren't disappointed. While they offer valet parking, we lucked out finding a spot right in front of the restaurant. The weather was perfect for it, so we opted for the patio and were seated right away. They had several heat lamps but it was a hit-or-miss affair. I didn't want to feel the heat from the lamp, but another table did and their lamp kept going out. My friend had the mac 'n cheese and I had a blackened ahi tuna salad. We were both very pleased and satisfied with the presentation, taste and portion sizes. My only complaint (and it's very small) is the lack of tiramisu as an option on the dessert menu. Also, some patrons might not like that the bathrooms are located upstairs.Special Features:
- Love HOMEVixenVickyDined on 4/24/2014We have been here before and will continue to return to Home. Good food. But our favorite part is the nice, romantic outdoor ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place in the Trees!deggosaysoDined on 4/18/2014We were looking for a place to have a celebration lunch for the sales team. Our offices are in Glendale, so we decided to take a late lunch and split for the day after. Home was a great little find. Breakfast served all day, which already gets my immediate attention. Tuns out everyone ordered breakfast and no one was disappointed. Benedict was done perfectly. Happy hour started at 3:00pm which also worked out well for us, as we had no intention to return to the office. The place has already been voted the "spot" where we will have our monthly outings.Special Features:
- Loved it!!wundrlandDined on 4/5/2014My friends and I ended up here after each of us had gone on a long run that morning, so we were famished! I am so happy I had made reservations so that we didn't have to wait in the long Saturday morning line for a table. We were each happy with what we ordered - potato pancake Eggs Benedict, Red Velvet pancakes, and the Green Omelette (my favorite!). I look forward t returning here VERY soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The "It" PlaceKimoramaDined on 4/5/2014I've been to Home a couple of times and it seems to be the place to be for brunch and lunch in Los Feliz. The ambiance is great, especially the front, outdoor area. The menu is extensive and the food is very good. The ambiance, the food, the location all make you feel like you've been somewhere and done something for the day. Other restaurants on the street sit empty, while this one has a line. Great place to meet up with friends for a good meal! The mimosas aren't bad either!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and good vibePeterVIPDined on 4/3/2014I went here for brunch with a large group. It can be very busy, so get there early if you cannot make a reservation. Jalapeno Bloody Mary was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.