Home Restaurant - Los Feliz
1760 Hillhurst Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90039Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Home Restaurant - Los Feliz
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://homerestaurantla.com/
- Phone: (323) 669-0211
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast & Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 9:00am - 10:00pm; Friday - Sunday: 8:00am - 10:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Brunch: 8:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer a great variety for Catering orders. Our menu is available any day of the week.
A word from Home Restaurant - Los Feliz
Your HOME away from home! HOME restaurant offers authentic, HOME cooked delicious food in a homey atmosphere. We have become your neighborhoods favorite hangout, even if we are not in your neighborhood! Serving breakfast all day and some dinner option for breakfast, you will be sure to find something your taste buds will LOVE, and a great patio area you will enjoy! We make sure your experience is a great one with exceptional customer service, after all you are a guest at our HOME. Bring your friends, family, children, pets!!! We welcome you and your loved ones to HOME restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Home Restaurant - Los Feliz - Best Restaurants in Los Feliz ›
Home Restaurant - Los Feliz reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (50)neighborhood gem (40)great for brunch (26)good for groups (23)fit for foodies (22)great for lunch (21)hot spot (13)special occasion (12)romantic (10)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (6)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Could have been wonderfulHunnyBunnyDined on 11/15/2014We had a very special occasion and a few picky eaters in the group all visiting me in LA I chose Home because of the truly lovely outdoor atmosphere and the varied menu We called for a reservation but told we could only book online through open table. I mentioned it was a special night and I had special requests but still referred to book on Open Table In my booking I requested an outdoor table under a space heater for a special occasion When we arrived they could not book us outside at all-- unless we waited outside or at the coffee shop next door?---instead we were sat inside, next to the kitchen with pots clanging, silverware in and out of the dishwasher, waiters yelling... We asked if we could order drinks and sit where we were while we waited for an outdoor table (1p in our party was handicapped & no one else was being seated inside and the wait to be outside was 20 min) No. We had a special request and a reservation I mentioned, had I known we would not be outside, if they had called me when they got our reservation, I would hv chosen to go somewhere else that night The margarita was sugary fruit juice Ahi tuna dry Atmosphere inside horrific Managements care of us poorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2014love this place!! great ambiance ! great food ! just good overall
- BEST PLACE EVEROzzyOzDined on 10/28/2014I'll ALWAYS love this place, the food is AMAZING and the service is wonderful...Special Features:
- Out of nowhereSammyCVIPDined on 10/26/2014This place is so unassuming. I drove by it so many times without even noticing it was there. I know there are decorative lights but I never thought to stop here and eat. The food here is great and the ambience is so comfortable. The the way everything just melts together as an experience really make this place a true gem. I really can't wait to return: my statement downs were so amazing and juicy and full of flavor I just have to try the rest of the menu. I really want to hang out here for brunch one day it looks like a really cool spot.Special Features:
- My Neighborhood Favorite PlaceNewenglandDined on 10/20/2014I travel a bit and have some favorite dinning spots around the globe, but when I'm home, here in LA, I enjoying doing just that - going to Home. I love sitting out under that wonderful tree, enjoying the music of trickling water from the fountain, and the food and drink are always perfect. Perfect 'comfort food', they way it should be. Perfect. Don't change a thing. Oh, and the staff are always most welcoming and always accommodating to one's needs. (not that I ask for much). Thanks and cheers - Hal DionSpecial Features:
- Great foodMissMannersDined on 10/7/2014The food and wine (I tried the Malbec) was great. Service was good, but... there was a fairly large dog at the table next to us, and the tables are close together, so it was a bit uncomfortable for those who might not love the dog as much as its owners do. Management might want to re-think the dog rules. Also, an etiquette reminder to the general public: Please go lightly on fragrance application (or forego it altogether) when you go to a restaurant. The overwhelming scent of Axe body spray (apparently applied to mask the smell of cigarettes, unsuccessfully) does impair others' enjoyment of their food, wine and coffee. Home has excellent coffee, by the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Home...understatement18Ruby18Dined on 10/6/2014I had been to Home once before and it was with a group of friends. I loved it and took note that one day I would like to return (I'm from NY) and would love to bring my boyfriend. The ambiance is perfect...it is beautiful at night, quiet and relaxing. The staff although friendly and bubbly and very attentive still give you your space to dine in peace. Being from NY I am biased as far as food goes and my boyfriend and I STILL can't wait to come back. Food is delicious and plentiful. $3 to valet car and then just sit and relax in the quiet outdoors with delicious food. Can't ask for much more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is always goodPennyReviewDined on 10/4/2014Been to this location a number of times and never disappointed. Love the outdoor dining. Friendly waiters and waitresses and the food comes fairly fast after ordering. I would recommend this restaurant even though the parking is a pain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So quaint!2foodieshereDined on 10/4/2014Lovely location and great food and drinks! On our way to the Greek and this is a great dinner place before a concert!Special Features:
- Great all around place to eat!MamasDined on 10/4/2014Took the family here before a concert at the Greek. Fantastic choice. Great outside patio, full bar, variety of menu options, and attentive service! I would definitely return! Everyone in my party was extremely satisfied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Oasis On A 90 Plus DayChowhoundVIPDined on 10/3/2014It was another global warming day in Los Feliz but the busy covered courtyard was pretty and actually pleasant - except for one table in the sun that remained as empty as Chernobyl through our entire lunch. Even though the place was happening our waiter was friendly, alert and attentive. If the chicken in the kale salad had been a little more moist I'd have given the food four stars. Then again, I suppose when it's almost a hundred, dry chicken is to be expected. I'm going back when it drops into the 80s to try again.Special Features:
- Feels like I'm at a friend's houseFeedmybellyDined on 9/27/2014I really like this place. The vibe is fun and easy and the food is simple. Make reservations for brunch to avoid the lines and the grumpy grandma that comes out when you're hungry!Special Features:
- A real dependableAidanDined on 9/21/2014A last minute late lunch with friends at one of our fave local eateries. Great variety of food choices and the outdoor dining never disappoints! Love the fact that they provide a number of soya alternatives to their menu.Special Features:
- Too many dogs!!!Mar88Dined on 9/21/2014I love that place... Unfortunately this time around I felt like I was at a dog park... There were more dogs than people... I myself have a dog... I did not tKe him.. It was just TOO MUCH... Otherwise it was lovelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good old HomeCindylouDined on 9/1/2014We have come to rely on HOME as a place that will always provide an excellent meal. We order meals for delivery, bring our friends from out of town and go on our own when we r in the mood for comfort food. They have excellent selections for different eating requirements and a fun atmosphere. HOME is one of our favorite spots in Los Feliz.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT SURPRISE THAT I WILL RETURN.FoodisFabulousDined on 8/24/2014Once again Open Table has led me to experience a wonderful new dining experience. I took a great friend that I have known 49 years for his Birthday, and then we went to see YES @ the Greek Theater. The place has a wonderful feel that you are somewhere in the woods. Our Server was a fabulous girl with a smile of gold. We both selected the Chicken Picatta which came with Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Grilled Vegies. The food was great and just was very much a HOME cooked meal. Home is now one of my go to places in Los Feliz.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent brunch placeHarrisTXDined on 8/24/2014I booked a brunch at Home Restaurant for 6 people on a Sunday. I was very happy with my decision. There were no problems with the reservation, and we were seated immediately. I was impressed with the breadth of the menu. Everyone found something they could eat and enjoy. I ordered the huevos rancheros which were delicious. I would definitely come back to Home Restaurant for brunch in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pets RulenfcwDined on 8/23/2014Pets welcome on patio. Witnessed owners permitting animals to lick glassware and dishes on which food was served. Staff, tho otherwise pleasant and attentive, seemed unconcerned.
- very nice!underneathyDined on 8/15/2014This was my 2nd time here, in about 7 years.. still love the atmosphere and decor. It does really feel like you're sitting in a very nice patio and it's cozy and the food/drinks are good. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- where'd the staff go?HamsNadsVIPDined on 8/13/2014Although we were seated by the kitchen and there were ample staff we did not receive a water until halfway through the meal and not a single refill. Our server didn't check on UA until the plates were cleared and my beer had been empty a good 20 minsSpecial Features:
- Uniqueness of HomekulerthanuDined on 8/10/2014This restaurant has a great staff, very friendly and accomidating. The ambiance was energetic and relaxing with a great patio dining experience. This place is great for a first date or a business lunch. Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner under the trees!!!KkkkrrrDined on 8/9/2014Special dinning experience among the trees. Home is a gem worth the experience. If you're headed to the Greek and looking for a great place to eat, this it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just so-sojimmydeezDined on 8/1/2014I was expecting more. Portions much smaller than I expected for the cost so value was not there. The outdoor eating environment was unique and cool on the surface but we were swatting flies and dodging falling leaves during our meal. We ordered the short-rib sandwich but what we got was more like middle of the road pulled-beef, and mine was 75% onions (large slices and chunks, not "carmelized" as described in the menu). Coleslaw was warm, very concerning since obviously mayonaise-based.
- Maybe we should try breakfastdryanmillerVIPDined on 7/29/2014Perhaps Home is better for breakfast. We are new to the neighborhood and found the service (perhaps they were short staffed) a little slow and not the most friendly. The restroom had soap all over the floor and when we mentioned this to the server, we were told, don't use that one. It was just not as good as we had hoped.
- Perfect lunch spotCathiVIPDined on 7/28/2014Took a group of 8 for lunch and everything was great. We were seated immediately per our reservation and had attentive service. The many options on the menu made it a difficult choice for all of us. There are sandwiches, salads, breakfasts, etc. We were all happy with our choices but want to return to try more.Special Features:
- The following 28 reviews are from the Home Restaurant - Los Feliz reviews archive.
- Long term customerArronsRevewzDined on 7/20/2014Been coming here since I was 10 love the burgers and criss-cut fries. I didn't like the vegan burger needed more flavor but those aren't easy to get right so w/e. I also loved the grapefruit vodka cocktail it tasted so fresh. Another favorite is there quesadillas on wheat tried that back in 2010 didn't see it on the menu last time I went. Cant wait to go back and try the red velvet pancakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!UpscalehealthynaturalVIPDined on 7/18/2014First time we were there and we thoroughly enjoyed it! Ambience was wonderful and salads were delicious. Very charming outdoor dining.Special Features:
- Home has a great menuVeggie78VIPDined on 7/18/2014Great menu with many choices for vegetarians. Really cute setting...trees growing up through the restaurant. I'd like to try their happy hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- driffeDined on 7/13/2014Had a business brunch for 6 on a Sunday morning and everyone could her the discussion. Food and service excellent. And they have a gluten free bread!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a casual breakfastmarbles31Dined on 7/6/2014Had Sunday brunch before going to catch a matinee and it was fBulous. Food was solid. Not incredible OMG level however good. Service was fast! Everyone was nice and helpful. The environment is the best. Shady cute and yeah crowded so use open table and make a res. what just that nice relaxing Sunday morning "Ahhhhh..." Feeling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable, Classy and Casual!PJFWDined on 7/3/2014Dined here before a concert at the Greek Theater (it's quite close) and was very happy with the service, food, and ambiance. Home has a lovely multi-level shaded outdoor patio which makes for an extremely pleasant experience, especially in the summertime. Menu is quite varied - soups, salads, wraps and sandwiches, as well as more formal dinner entrees. Since we were headed off to the theater, we ate light - roasted chicken and avocado sandwiches (huge and could easily be shared) with waffle fries - they were excellent! Service was a bit hap-hazard (wait staff seemed to change during the meal) but everyone that came to table was friendly and helpful including seating hostess and bus boy. They got us out in plenty of time -we'll return!Special Features:
- Experience fits the name.Luv2eatoutDined on 6/28/2014Good comfort food. Cozy outside patio. Spacious table. Like having friends over for dinner, but with warm friendly service.Special Features:
- super cutebiscuittVIPDined on 6/26/2014i went for dinner and drinks on a thursday night. not super crowded. we sat outside. it's adorable there. ordered tony's drink which was delicious. had the meatball sliders for dinner. loved them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Great AmbianceGratefulDined on 6/24/2014Love this restaurant. Food, service and ambiance always wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch spotAidanDined on 6/21/2014Love meeting friends here for brunch. Such a great space with a great vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous as alwaysThoroWolfDined on 6/16/2014I come here whenever in the city. Outside dining at its finest. Fantastic ambience, amazing food and a full bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEW HOME LOVERnewfoodieDined on 6/15/2014This was our first time dining at the Home Restaurant and it will not be our last. My family brought me here for Father's Day for brunch and we loved it. We are talking about coming back for lunch or dinner and not to wait for a special occasion. The food was delicious and the service was very good! My family made reservations which was a good idea as it seems to be a very popular place! Valet made it very convenient and their service was quick. I would recommend this restaurant for anyone looking for good food and a very relaxing environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect for intimate groups of 6-sunnyDined on 6/14/2014green omelette + spicy sausage red velvet pancake short rib pot pie chicken fried steak w bacon gravySpecial Features:
- HOME RUNgunzofnavaroneDined on 6/7/2014Love this place. Great service, excellent food and killer jalapéno Bloody Marys. Plus the patio is dog-friendly. This is how you run a proper neighborhood restaurant. I'm a dedicated fan.Special Features:
- We were pleasedehb365VIPDined on 5/28/2014Found this place while searching Yelp for dining options near the Greek Theater prior to a concert. We were delightfully surprised. The Lemonata Berry Cocktail was very tasty. I usually order my cocktails "not sweet". They got it perfect the first time around. Can't wait to try their breakfast menu and Bloody Marys. Everyone around us were drinking them. A true testament I thought. Bon Appitite!Special Features: