Home Restaurant & Bar on Market St.
2100 Market St. @ Church
San Francisco, CA 94114Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Home Restaurant & Bar on Market St.
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.home-sf.com/
- Phone: 4155030333
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 5-10pm, Friday-Saturday 5pm-12am. Brunch: Saturday-Sunday 10am-3pm & Cocktails & Lite Fare 3pm-5pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Tricia Tracey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: On-Site Private Dining for parties of 30-100++
- Private Party Facilities: Private party rooms available for up to 50 people for a sit down dinner, cocktail party for up to 100 people. Call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Erica Culp 4155030333x10
- Special Events: Bottomless Mimosas $8 Every Saturday & Sunday Brunch 10am-5pm With the purchase of a Brunch Entree. Subject to 2 hour time limit Wise Guy Sundays Italian Pasta night with wine pairing Every Sunday 5pm-10pm $21 Enjoy a hearty bowl of pasta & featured wine pairing every Sunday while catching an entertaining mobster flick favorite on our tellie. Industry Night Every Monday Happy Hour all night long & 15% off all food for restaurant & bar industry workers. Penny Pinching Tuesdays 5pm-10pm Every Tuesday 1/2 off all appetizers & $2 cans of cheap beer Come Home every Tuesday & save some money, grab a tasty meal & catch a cheap buz… Vino Wednesdays Every Wednesday 5pm-10pm 50% off bottled wine & no corkage on your own personal stash...we got our wine keys locked & loaded and aiming straight for your glass. Thursday Roast Night Every Thursday 5pm-10pm Revolving meat roast with all the fixin’s on your plate & old school comedy roasts showing on the t.v.
A word from Home Restaurant & Bar on Market St.
Welcome Home. Featuring delicious American classics that leave your mouth watering and go easy on your wallet. Dine in our outdoor, covered patio warmed by a roaring fire, or in the casual, stylish main dining room. Make sure to leave room for our unforgettable desserts!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Home Restaurant & Bar on Market St. reviews from OpenTable diners
- out of businessOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2011umm. . . you might want to pull them out of your system. we went to confirm our reservation in person and there was an "out of business" sign in the window. we had to scramble for a reservation at another restaurant (9 people in our party). don't you have a part of your company that checks to make sure an establishment is still in business?
- Bottomless Mimosa endless love.gingergarlicDined on 8/7/2011I took two 26 year olds visiting from Boulder...they loved the wrap around windows that allowed people watching on the street. Our waiter was very nice. We arrived at the tail end of Brunch, so not more than 10 people left in the place. I didn't understand why we waited for over half an hour for our entrees. My guests exclaimed over their entrees, but left sizable portions on their plates. The nicest part was the heavy elbow on our bottomless mimosa wait staff server.Special Features:
- Comfort Food With A TwistOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2011Loved it - try the Home Burger and the "root beer" cocktail.Special Features:
- Fun place with good low-pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/3/2011Fun place with good low-priced appetizers and entrees.Special Features:
- I love this place. The basicPeonyDined on 7/30/2011I love this place. The basic comfort food is very tasty, the service is generally good, and the ambiance is pleasing. What really makes the restaurant for me is the vibe of the clientele, full of life and the enjoyment of the good things in it. Always an enjoyable meal.
- LOTS of tables which madeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/29/2011LOTS of tables which made it a bit noisy and feel crowded but good, quality comfort food that incorporated some local and organic ingredients. We also got seated right away at 8pm on a Friday which is an amazing feat in the Mission so that was a plus. All around good meal.
- I ordered the Thursday nightluv2eatDined on 7/21/2011I ordered the Thursday night special, and it was as good a meal as I've ever experienced - extremely flavorful, interesting, prepared with care and artistry and beautifully presented - at a very moderate price. The atmosphere isn't especially romantic, but it's clean and pleasant, and the service was attentive. We will definitely come again, and highly recommend Home to you!Special Features:
- decent food, very poor serviceLuv2eatDined on 7/8/2011Food was good. Service was poor at best. Server showed up 4 times total during whole meal. It was our friends birthday, and instead of asking what he wanted for his birthday dessert, theybrought him a brownie, and then left. We had to flag him down since he was soo busy chatting with other servers to get his actual dessert he wanted, which was bread pudding. The bread was yummy, but we miss the original sauce for it, needs the bourbon sauce back. He brought back the check, then hovered around the taqble til we put the card in, and we got charged for his birthday dessert which wasn't even what he wanted. Definete slide down in quality since the last visit.Special Features:
- Great location right nextOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2011Great location right next to Church St Muni Station. Good comfort food. Didn't have room to try dessert but it looked delicious. I will definitely try some next time!Special Features:
- Hip and homey, in a fun neighbourhoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2011Hip and homey, in a fun neighbourhood. If only I lived closer, I would be here all the time!Special Features:
- I always liked Home for asannyVIPDined on 6/22/2011I always liked Home for a quick late night bite. Unfortunately it closed recently.Special Features:
- USED TO BE GREAT..... THENBillyinMiamiVIPDined on 6/22/2011USED TO BE GREAT..... THEN IT WAS GOOD.... NOW IT'S JUST FAIR....
- HomeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2011overpriced for the type of food and service provided. They eliminated the early bird special,that was quite a bargain.
- So long HOME...we loved yourOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/17/2011So long HOME...we loved your brunch and cozy dinners :(
- A Heppy MistakeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/10/2011We were visiting from Santa Barbara and my wife vaguely remembered a "comfort food" restaurant in the Castro that she wanted to try. It turns out that this wasn't the place she was thinking of but we were delighted that we ended up here. The on-line reservation service was easy. The inside noise level was pretty high but the table on the patio made things just right. Service was excellent, drinks were creative and STRONG, and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Comfort FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/7/2011This is a good place for good quality comfort food. The service is good and welcoming. Small plates are excellent. Reasonably priced
- Bottomless Mimosa, right on!NakaVIPDined on 6/5/2011Great brunch the mimosa for $8, fantastic. Wait staff constantly coming around to fill up your glass.Special Features:
- Great experience. Loved it!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/3/2011I went here for the first time with friends last night. I'm a vegetarian (lacto/ovo). There are not many vegetarian options here, but I opted for the chickpea burger and the mixed greens salad. The salad was a delicious, succulent + mildly sweet starter for the meal with honey toasted pecans and goat cheese. The burger was rich, moist and flavorful with some well chosen spices. I had the banana bread pudding for dessert. -- Strongly recommended!! They have carmelized banana slices in the bowl that really add to the already rich & sweet bread pudding. Home is wonderful. I'll be back!!Special Features:
- Note to self: Don't go backTimoDined on 6/3/2011Every time I go to Home, I leave disappointed. I go back once every year or two, either forgetting past experiences or hoping it has changed. The food is mediocre and way over-priced. The Caesar Salad last night was bland and made with what looked like lettuce that was chopped up the day before -- rusty brown around the edges. (My partner's iceberg wedge salad was slightly better, but still not worth the $9.) We each had the small-ish flank steak with cheese potato gratin side. My medium rare was done rare, and his medium was done well. The gratin was also bland. Not worth $21 by any means. The staff was friendly -- when you could find them, but would often disappear for long periods. Very poorly timed serving.
- Home serves good food andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/28/2011Home serves good food and plenty of it! Comfortable place, very accommodating,tasty food makes this an easy choice for the neighborhood.Special Features:
- We have been to Home manyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/27/2011We have been to Home many times...this is the first time I have ever made a reservation...they were very nice and placed us where we requested...Although we have always gone on a week night and we were surprised about the noise level...but all and all we had an enjoyable dinner with friends....Special Features:
- Average Experience (in a good way)OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/26/2011This restaurant wasn't really anything special. It had a good ambiance and was clean, but nothing amazingly great.Special Features:
- I, and girl friend, dine thereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/15/2011I, and girl friend, dine there on a fairly regular basis, usually at the bar. This time the food was, as usual, very good. Mimosa's were great. The busboys and backup people did serious scurrying. BUT, although waiter was very pleasnt and got orders quickly, the food came out at slightly different times so some of our crowd waited a bit. We also had some errors...request for burger with blue cheese ended up with cheddar,one side order of avocado, billed, but never arrived,backups delivering food had to ask who got what instead of being able to determine, in advance off ticket, who to deliver too, and we were slurping a lot of mimosae,it took until near the end before our request for a table pitcher worked.
- I went to Home specificallyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/14/2011I went to Home specifically for a birthday brunch with a large party so I could be seated in the patio. I talked to the manager several times beforehand about the reservation and even changed my time so it would not conflict with another party. They still did not initially have seating in the patio and wanted to seat us in the main area. I decided to wait for the patio to open (we waited about 30 minutes) and then they wanted to seat us at different tables. We just put some tables together so we could all sit together but the attitude from the manager and the difficulty I had with this really put a damper on the experience.
- Things seem to have gone downcalala1VIPDined on 5/6/2011Things seem to have gone down a lot. The fried chicken was all crust and very little chicken meat and the chicken itself wasn't very tasty. The mashed potatoes seemed to have been instant variety. Only the green beans were good. I also didn't care for the tast of the artic char my partner had and his combo vegetable mix of potato, artichoke and giant beans had very odd flavor--they were a poor match together. The service was also perfunctory and rote--waiters trained to say the right thing but don't really seem to care.
- a couple of nits...msr666VIPDined on 5/5/2011i've been eating at home for several years now, and it's kind of hit or miss. on more than one occasion i've remarked that the food, while thoughtfully prepared & with good flavors, seems to taste as if it's been prepped much earlier in the day and lacks a certain freshness. this might only apply to dinner as i've always been happy with brunch there.Special Features:
- I won't be going back home.FullwitDined on 4/24/2011I remember Home having an excellent brunch that last time I was there about two years ago, but this time it was rather blah. The breakfast potatoes were boring - no seasoning at all. The Huevos Rancheros lacked flavor. Portions were small. I don't think I'll be going back. Too bad. It used to be awesome.Special Features:
- This is a fun place for dinner,JackDined on 4/24/2011This is a fun place for dinner, and their early bird evening specials are great. The staff is friendly and cute! But, Easter Sunday...breakfast was an ordeal, the music was pumped up so loud we had to almost shout at each other to converse...at 10 a.m? I'll never go back for breakfast, but I'll go back for dinner.
- The meal was one of the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/16/2011The meal was one of the best I have had in some time. Far superior to Masa. There were a couple of things that need inprovement. The corn bread is lame. It not real corn bread and $4 for a couple of small pieces is lame too. They did not offer or bring bread and butter - had to ask for bread for the table. All the meals were encellent. The bread pudding the best I have ever had.Special Features:
- I used to love Home and haveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/16/2011I used to love Home and have celebrated my birthday there for the last few years. However, this year my birthday surprise was that the quality of their food and service have declined. I'm no longer recommending this restaurant to anyone.
- Food quality seems to be slippingHayiiVIPDined on 4/14/2011Food quality seems to be slipping here as of lately. Other folks saying the same thing that are regular customersSpecial Features:
- I'm a big fan of Home in generalOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/12/2011I'm a big fan of Home in general and have been there many times. This last time I had the buttermilk fried chicken. which was fantastic, and my date had the steak, which she greatly enjoyed. Service was prompt and attentive and the food came out quickly. The only thing that was less than great was that the Old-fashioneds seemed a little watered down. Switching to Mint Juleps solved that.Special Features:
- The brunch bloody-mary barWonderfulVIPDined on 4/9/2011The brunch bloody-mary bar is great. The food can be hit or miss in terms of quality. The noise levels on a busy day quickly drown out the average table conversation...
- I had brunch here 2 yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/3/2011I had brunch here 2 years ago and it was awesome. I had been telling my boyfriend about this place and we finally got around to going. The food was bad. The menu was bad. Home really took a turn for the worse.Special Features:
- Beautiful location but foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/31/2011Beautiful location but food was a bit lackluster for the priceSpecial Features:
- This place serves good AmericanOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/29/2011This place serves good American comfort food. If you're counting calories, stay away.Special Features:
- I've been a dinner patronOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/27/2011I've been a dinner patron at Home for a number of years but this was my first Brunch experience. The breakfast selection was good and the food prepared well. I do think a bottomless Mimosa offer would be a huge plus. We were seated in the outdoor room, the fire was ablaze and made it seem so homey on a brisk Sunday morning.Special Features:
- Home hit the spot. FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/21/2011Home hit the spot. Friendly service and good food in a cute building.Special Features:
- Warm Home on a Rainy NightOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/19/2011This is my second time at Home and I have to say the food was a lot better than before. Special mention about the service, which was attentive. The staff were genuine and sharp. It was a bit hard to hear company as the place was loud and busy, and the table set-up reduced the possibility of interaction further. Overall, a nice respite on a cold and rainy night.Special Features:
- Home Restaurant offers homeOpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 3/16/2011Home Restaurant offers home style cooking. It is a very relaxed atmosphere and the staff have a tendency to be just as relaxed. That being said, the food was very, very well prepared and quite tasty. The menu has selections for children and one can indulge with fried chicken OR stay on their diet with a lovely salad with grilled chicken. I'm adding this restaurant to my neighborhood finds.Special Features: