Holsteins - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
3708 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Holsteins - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.holsteinslv.com/
- Phone: (702) 698-7940
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday, Sunday I 11AM - 12AM
Friday - Saturday, Monday I 11AM - 2AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers
- Executive Chef: Anthony Meidenbauer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For Catering Menus/Options please contact:
- Private Party Facilities: We do offer Private dining options for parties 20 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Heather Coldwell 7028662158x
- Entertainment: Fun, hip and edgy Indie Rock with a DJ.
DJ and dancing on Friday, Saturday and Monday nights.
- Special Events: For Special Events please contact:
A word from Holsteins - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
Holsteins is an exciting burger concept from Las Vegas restaurateurs Billy Richardson, and Chef Anthony Meidenbauer of Block 16 Hospitality. This concept was tailor-made for The Cosmopolitan with an emphasis on fresh, natural and organic ingredients. Holsteins brings better burgers and a funky, homegrown attitude to The Strip. The menu features specialty burgers, house-made sausage, riffs on traditional American snacks and appetizers, as well as a wide variety of shakes and sides. All items are custom crafted in-house, creating burgers unlike any other. Put an adult spin on the traditional shake with a “Bamboozled Shake”, unique flavors infused with premium liqueurs and spirits.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Holsteins - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas - Best Restaurants in The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas ›
Holsteins - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (41)hot spot (27)great for lunch (25)late-night find (17)fit for foodies (17)vibrant bar scene (17)kid-friendly (12)special occasion (7)neighborhood gem (4)great for brunch (3)romantic (2)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Reservation cancelled due to it being weekendOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/15/2014this restaurant cancelled our reservation on open table because it was the weekend and they don't accept them unless you call them directly. Super disappointing since we made the reservation over a month out
- Exceeded expectations!RhonaVIPDined on 11/12/2014I was looking forward to trying Holsteins as we did not get an opportunity on our last visit. Dinner was delicious! The service was excellent and it is definitly on our list of places to return to next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food,drink. Best burger ever.CollasesDined on 11/11/2014By far great food and great selection of drinks. By far the best burger I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Milkshakes!scumomDined on 10/27/2014We had a great time ordering the special milkshakes, they are very filling, might be good to order a variety and share. Burgers were really juicy and really good. Our server was pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over pricedVEgasDined on 10/16/2014This was not a good experience. I go to Vegas multiple times a year and this was a big disappointment. The service was very slow and it was not busy at all. Had multiple open tables and no one came to ours till we asked. Menu was boring and plain. Food did not have much taste and presentation. Will not return and will NOT recommend to anyone.
- Good foodFoodiegalDined on 10/2/2014The food was good. And the service is great. Great for a group dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- About what I expected...NancyBVIPDined on 10/1/2014This place is fine for what it is, a burger joint in a casino. Ridiculously noisy, with friendly service, lots of great beers and decent food. It was fun and the fried pickles were delicious. The street tacos were ok, as was the chicken sandwich with sweet potato fries. I'd go back but would not go out of my way to do so.Special Features:
- Great place for burgersJacksonDined on 9/30/2014This is a great place for burgers - a nice casual place to get away from the higher end Cosmopolitan atmosphere. I had the rising sun which was great and the Tempura Avocado on it was tasty. It was off season when I went so it wasn't very busy but the ball game was on TV which added a bit of excitement. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but goodSar56Dined on 8/28/2014The food was tasty, burgers are good. The shakes were what set this apart but their price was over the top, especially if you got one without the alcohol. Who ever heard of $9 for a shake. But if you can afford it and make a reservation ahead of time during busy times then this is a good place to eat.Special Features:
- Holsteins is Moo-Tastic!McHotstemsDined on 8/28/2014I just love the posh casual nature of this restaurant. It's low-key but still classy and the burgers are great! I tried the one with potato chips, added a fried egg and it was divine ! I also partook in the Tiramisu milkshake - rocked my world. I recommend Holsteins,not just for tourists, but locals too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Burgers!GreatVIPDined on 8/28/2014OMG. Excellent food ands service. We have never had a bad meal there. The best burgers in Vegas!Special Features:
- Loud, overpriced.Jordan5665Dined on 8/27/2014Place is very loud. Diners sit on each other's lap the seating is so tight. Food is decent, but very expensive. Shakes are 16-20 dollars a piece. Dinner for two with a shake and appetizer plus the burgers is about 100.00Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/25/2014Food was good but a long black hair on the plate under the last big salad leaf finished our diner suddenly.Special Features:
- seats need to goOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2014Seats are very uncomfortable, clearly they should be replaced.Special Features:
- Very goodDinnerVIPDined on 8/20/2014Except for the host staff (who couldn't or didn't want to even look for our reservation) everything was great. Excellent beer list and burgers. The booths are nice but you sink into them when you sit. Sit at a table. Overall, it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good - Gold StandardBrady12Dined on 8/20/2014Holsteins has a nice selection of burgers. Stick with the gold standard. It is their most popular and delicious burger. It's a very good burger joint but Las Vegas is full of very good to great burger joints. My personal favourite is BLT at the Mirage and you can never go wrong with In N Out burger.
- MJC808VIPDined on 8/18/2014The shakes are great and our server recommended ‘THE RISING SUN’ burger made with Kobe beef, teriyaki glaze, nori furikake, crispy yam, spicy mayo and tempura avocado and it was a good call. That and the sweet potato fries. The shake was great but the lobster macaroni and cheese was underwhelming. We just had to order the "Cold Standard" novelty dessert that looked like a burger and fries but was a dessert: lemon glazed shortbread "fries" and a chocolate wafer coated vanilla ice cream "patty" and berry sauce that looked like ketchup. It didn't taste all that great (except for the "fries" which were yummy) but it was cool how it looked like a real burger and fries.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!FoodieCPhT05Dined on 8/15/2014Holsteins was amazing. The milkshakes, which can be made without alcohol, were to die for. Probably not the healthiest but a splurge every once in a while? No biggie. The burgers are huge. I halved mine with a friend and it was perfect. I could never eat a whole one myself. And since we were traveling, I couldn't take home any leftovers. The service was impeccable, I asked for an extra sandwich pick for a souvenir and received not only an extra pick but a holsteins koozie. The complimentary popcorn according to my friend, is super addictive. Personally I was won over by the sweet potato fries.Special Features:
- OK...DearandHonVIPDined on 8/12/2014Interesting concept...not my kind of dining establishment...LOUD!...food was OK...I had the crab roll and my husband and brother had hamburgers...we tried the onion rings based on other reviews...OK...not fabulous!...server was Very nice but slow on a Tuesday evening...we probably will not be coming back...it was just OK!
- Interesting Burger ConceptOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/11/2014Staying in the Cosmopolitan, we were looking for a quick dinner - Holsteins met our expectation by deliver fast food of great quality. Definitively would recommend the billionaire burger. Carefull though as prices of their menu are slightly different than the ones on the opentable website.
- Best burger I've had in VegassouthpawstanceDined on 7/31/2014Holsteins is a great burger joint. I moved to Las Vegas about a year ago from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. In Brew City it's not hard to find a great burger joint. Here in Vegas I've seen a lot of hype about great burgers, from regional chains to gourmet places by celebrity chefs. So far I'd been disappointed. Holsteins, however, did not disappoint. I went with my wife and two friends visiting from Milwaukee. All of us ordered burgers and we all thought our burgers were delicious. I had the Steakhouse Burger and it was greasy and flavorful like a real hamburger is supposed to be. Finally a burger that reminds me of the unhealthy, but delicious foods I grew up on.
- Great Food and ServiceByrdVIPDined on 7/30/2014We had great food and service. The burgers are a half a pound and are quite filling. They have the best onion rings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best burger in Vegas.CollegeBoy24Dined on 7/28/2014The burgers are always cooked to your liking and they're freaking amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best burger in Vegas!CarttartDined on 7/28/2014Amazing food, the mushroom burger was fantastic, and the sweet potato fries delicious, very enjoyable meal, would recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good burger and shakesJustMeVIPDined on 7/23/2014A nice casual dining option .. interesting selection of burgers and shakes .. would definitely go back and try other items .. service was horrible though. Server was very very inattentive and was not weeded at all with only three tables. Just didn't seem to care at all about taking care of the guests .. saw him chatting with co-workers in the server station area several times.Special Features:
- The following 346 reviews are from the Holsteins - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas reviews archive.
- burger mania!loveslocalDined on 7/21/2014Great place for burgers. We each ordered different selections and shared across the table, thus getting a chance to taste four of Holsteins signature burgers. We LOVED the steakhouse burger and the nomnom best! We ended the meal with a RIDICULOUS idea of getting the udder chaos sundae, boy oh boy was it DELISH. The Strawberry ice cream was so good we couldn't stop eating. Definitely a dessert to share.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/8/2014This place is home of the best burger I've ever eaten, the El Machete burger. Terrific food. Portions are plentiful and prices are reasonable for the area (I.E. not reasonable, per se, but on par with everywhere else). Some very creative and delicious deserts and a massive beer menu as well. Ate here when I was in Vegas a few years ago, and made a point of coming back this summer when we came back to town.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with a casual flare!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/2/2014We have been to this restaurant twice and both times the food was great and the service was excellent! We love the casual environment and all of the yummy food choices. The service is always very good and the servers are very attentive and friendly. We will go back again and we have recommended this place to many of our friends.Special Features:
- Great shakesCRSRDined on 7/2/2014Both my wife and I had a taste for a milkshake with actual lunch being a secondary goal. The shakes were great and the burger we shared excellent. The French fries could have been a bit more crisp. Highly recommend Holsteins for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedNoTahnksDined on 6/17/2014Unfortunately not all it's hyped up to be. Good beers, wine and shake selections. But three of us that had three different burgers were not impressed. Fries were not all that either. I recommend trying another spot.Special Features:
- Great casual optionJSugerDined on 6/16/2014Good open for casual dining. A lot of unsual burger options, works for pick eaters or foodies. Will vvisit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burgersRoadwarriorVIPDined on 6/9/2014Noisy but great burgers, sandwiches, fries and shakes. Great for a relaxed casual dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!!AsandersDined on 6/5/2014Best burgers ever and out of this world milkshakes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burgers and beercoolcookingteacherDined on 6/4/2014Very good choice of burgers and regional brewed ales. Good value for money and efficient service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OSdinersDined on 6/3/2014A load of atmosphere- fun evening out , with good choices in burgers and drinks. The alcoholic milk shakes are a meal in themselves!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best. Burger. Period.leftmyheartVIPDined on 5/22/2014Don't compare this to any burger joint. This is burger dining. Prepared exactly the way you want it , Holsteins delivers the juiciest burgers and fries. Drink the adult shakes at your own risk. Mac and cheese are a must share.Special Features:
- Great burgersHBfoodieVIPDined on 5/8/2014Our first visit and we were not disappointed. The burgers were tasty with fresh ingredients. The shakes were also tasty and included alcohol on request. Our server was friendly and helpful. We shall return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burger LunchBrianDined on 5/8/2014We wanted to try something different than the food we were getting at the conference and burgers seemed to be the right choice. Great classic burgers and Memphis burger were had by the table. The fried pickles were great and the chipotle ranch side for dipping was excellent. The onion rings were awesome too. The sweet potato fries were a little bit soggy, as were the regular fries. We regretted not getting shakes to go, next time we won't make that mistake.Special Features:
- Way over-pricedSavvyCriticDined on 5/7/2014I had to set up a business lunch meeting. I reviewed the menus at all the restaurants within the Cosmo and thought Holstein's looked reasonable. That is, until they set the food down in front of us. Small portions. Three of us got the lobster roll which included coleslaw. The coleslaw came out in a tiny half-dollar size salsa cup and took three forkfuls to finish. The lobster rolls were two small dinner rolls with no more that two tablespoons of lobster "salad" in each. The fourth person in our group had a shake for $9, beef sliders for $13 which were three tiny sliders a cup of fries and she added cheese($2) and shoestrings($3). Her total was $27 for 3 tiny burgers and a shake. Total was $95 w/tip and that's with 3 of us having water.
- AMAZING BURGER!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/1/2014The Nom-Nom Burger was the best burger I've ever had in my life. Seriously.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.