Hollywood Prime - Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa
3555 S. Ocean Drive
Hollywood, FL 33019Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Hollywood Prime - Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hollywoodprime.com/
- Phone: 9546028347x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Anthony Dicillo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Hollywood Prime - Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa
Hollywood Prime, located in Hollywood, Florida, sets the standards for seafood and steak house fine dining. This intimate dining experience offers the freshest catches and prime beef with impressive wine selections. Whether your palate desires a steak house or you are looking for a celebratory destination Hollywood Prime will certainly satisfy. Private dining rooms are also available and reservations are recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Hollywood Prime - Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
Hollywood Prime - Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (33)romantic (25)notable wine list (20)fit for foodies (13)good for groups (7)neighborhood gem (6)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- perfection...misterbobDined on 9/5/2014perfect, romantic spot for an evening out with amazing steak. don't let the fact it is inside a spectacular hotel on the beach fool you…this is NOT hotel food. our steaks were cooked to juicy, tasteful perfection, and the service was all you could expect of a 5 star restaurant. pricey…but very worth it!Special Features:
- Foodie2goDined on 8/31/2014Excellent steakhouse, huge portions so sharing is a must. Very attentive wait staff.Special Features:
- Great SteakFoodieDaveDined on 8/28/2014My friends and I have eaten here many times - always an exceptional evening. Great food and great service is the norm. Tonight they had a Wagu Tomahawk Rib Eye as a special and it was one of the best pieces of meat I have ever enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 9yr. AnniversaryDozerDined on 8/23/2014We were last at the resort nine years ago after getting married. We stayed the night before leaving for or Honeymoon the next day. We didn't get a chance to dine in the resort that night as we went out to meet some friends and family. What a mistake. Dining at Hollywood Prime was everything the website said it would be. It far exceeded our expectations. Our server Robert was great, explaining all of the food choices for us and attending to my wife and I like royalty. The food ......excellent. The Wife had The Surf and Turf, I had the 32 oz. Prime rib and it was awsome. Loved everything about our visit. Robert also furnished a great dessert tray for us served on a platter the read Happy Anniversary written in chocolate. Nice touch!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant diningAtlantaRobinDined on 8/9/2014A real gem tucked in a very busy hotel. Great service and the food was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best of The Bestrhw500VIPDined on 8/8/2014Undoubtedly we are fortunate enough to have many of the finest restaurants in the United States located just a stones throw away between Fort Lauderdale and Miami Beach. Hollywood Prime sets the example in terms of fine dining in South Florida. Their selection of fine foods matched with outstanding white glove service makes this dining experience a prime example of what a fine dining should be. I have been a loyal customer since 2003. quality of service makes this one of the finest choice forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carnivore's ParadiseGlobalDined on 8/3/2014My husband and I had two of the best steaks we've had in years and worth every cent. Portions are large, so come hungry. Excellent martinis, wine and after dinner drinks selection. You will certainly leave fulfilled!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect special occassionBookwormDined on 7/27/2014I was extremely impressed. The food was good, but the service was absolutely outstanding. Even though we'd checked into the hotel under my new husband's name and my maiden name on the restaurant reservation, they knew that we were newlyweds and gave us an absolutely royal treatment. All of the food was outstanding, and obviously of high quality. It is pricey, especially if you're into wine. We don't spend money like that except on special occasions but for our wedding night going there was one of the best decisions we made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LARRYDDined on 7/12/2014WORTH THE DRIVE FROM BOCA, ALL DETAILS WERE TOO PERFECTIONSpecial Features:
- KrolikDined on 7/9/2014very good place for spend time with friend or familySpecial Features:
- Special AnniversaryLexingtonLadyDined on 6/22/2014We were visiting Ft Lauderdale/Hollywood from SC for our anniversary and chose Hollywood Prime for our special dinner. They made it that plus much more. The dinner was fabulous, the service was impeccable, the ambience very romantic, the wine delicious, the entire evening SPECIAL. They topped it off by bringing a dessert sampler plate to us decorated with "Happy Anniversary" as a surprise. It was an exceptional evening!Special Features:
- Great Steakhouse!FoodDudeDined on 6/20/2014Great steak, awesome service. The room was long and narrow like a hallway, but still ambient. We sat close to the front door and still felt like we were inside the dining room. Nice place, glad I came.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, DIVINE experience!badkindleDined on 6/16/2014Looked at the menu and decided to make a reservation at Hollywood Prime. Waitstaff was incredible and attentive. The food divine. Started with an incredible Cosmopolitan and an amuse-bouche of lamb loin on onion jelly - scrumptious. My appetizer was escargot topped with puff pastry that was delicious, all garlicky and sweet! I chose the bone-in aged filet (9oz) cooked medium rare, and was ecstatic about it. Tender and perfectly cooked, the meat had a wonderful flavor. It was served with a homemade steak sauce - YUM! Sides are ala carte and I ordered asparagus/hollandaise (double YUM) and truffle frites (delicious!). DESSERT? OMG chocolate chip cookie topped with vanilla ice cream - heavenly, but the portion was HUGE, so I couldn't finish.Special Features:
- Pretentious and overpriced!HoukaVIPDined on 6/15/2014Been to Prime in the past and the place needs an overhaul. Waiters are obnoxious as are hostesses. Food came cold. Bread was rationed. A dining experience this was not. They should send staff to Victoria & Albert's at Disney for training. This is a beach conference center tourist trap.
- mlorenmlorenDined on 6/14/2014OK quality for reasonable price. Nothing exceptional but within an area with not plenty options in this levelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite good but priceyBroncoVIPDined on 6/14/2014Last Saturday night, for a special occasion we went to Hollywood Prime. We had been there once a few years ago. At that time, they allowed wine to be brought in from the outside, not any more. This disappointed me, as I have an extensive cellar. We ordered a bottle from their wine list, which was pretty much all recent vintages, no older wines. And somewhat pricey. I had recently purchased a bottle on their wine list for $42, they were charging $128 for the identical red wine. The food was quite good and the service excellent. No view however, no windows either. Several menu items were marked "Market Price". That's OK for lobster, etc., but for lamb chops? When I saw the bill I knew why. The lamb chops were $72 for a single serving!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NightFoodie12Dined on 6/11/2014My friend and I went for dinner and had a great time. The ambiance was great and wuiet inside with great music playing. I had the French onion soup for a starter and it was absolutely delicious. Lobster tail was ok. Next time I go I will obviously get the steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing meal for a special occasionLove1977Dined on 6/8/2014My fiance & I were looking for a great steakhouse in the Hollywood area after getting engaged, and we definitely found it! Amazing food, we had the porterhouse steak, with a few sides. Oysters for appetizer were fresh & yum! Bread was amazing! Try the truffle has browns, you won't regret it! Atmosphere was quiet, we went on a Sunday night. Great, attentive service. Can't ask for more.Special Features:
- One of the great steak restaurantsLorimccarDined on 6/8/2014We have been several times now, and Prime is still our favorite South Florida steak restaurant. The sides are also fantastic. We got the hash browns with truffle oil and the brocolini. This is the only place I've been that offers a filet mignon with the bone in! Remarkably better steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hollywood PrimeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/30/2014Great evening, the food, service and ambiance was outstanding!!! I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of the Best...perfection!BobandDeniseColumbusOhioDined on 5/28/2014We have dined at the best steakhouses all over the country and Hollywood Prime is by far the best steakhouse of all. Everthing is perfect ...food, drinks, service and atmosphere. Ask for Robert to be your Server if possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 207 reviews are from the Hollywood Prime - Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa reviews archive.
- Anniversary dinner was very niceCharlieBrownDined on 5/23/2014My wife and I went to Hollywood Prime for our anniversary dinner. The staff was very gracious and helpful with the menu and the wine list. Although they didn't have the best steaks we have ever had but they were very well prepared and great cuts of meat, the seasoning was not our favorite. The sides were spectacular we had the White cheddar mashed potatoes, and mushrooms? We enjoyed our time there, the great service and atmosphere of the resturant. Be prepared to pay a little extra for your dinner on this evening but you shouldn't be disappointed. The desserts were great and the wine was perfect, also be sure to make a reservation since they do not always have open seats.Special Features:
- Incredible SteakTruluckVIPDined on 5/11/2014We dined here on Mother's Day. For a party of 4 with drinks and tip the bill was $486. We each had the Filet which was absolutely INCREDIBLE. Our server Jean was so personable and attentive. Definitely HIGH END dining for a special occasion.Special Features:
- awesomeluv2dineDined on 5/5/2014Went to Hollywood Prime for my birthday. Everything i ordered was delicious. My steak was cooked to perfection. Onion soup was out of this world. Best onion soup i've ever had. Jumbo Lump Crab cockail was exceptional. They gave me a complimentary birthday dessert. Will recommend this place to friends and i am looking forward to another dinner experience at Hollywood Prime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night!!JenSDined on 5/3/2014Great food and service, which made for a perfect experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatMs2012Dined on 5/2/2014The food and the service were great. We had the stone crabs strip loin fillet and several side dishes that were all great. The wine was also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentPeachcakeDined on 5/1/2014We have been to Hollywood Prime 3 times over several years, and have never been disappointed. It has been a consistently excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at its finestOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/25/2014This is one of our Hollywood favorites. The food, service and ambience are all first class, without being stuffy. Drinks are well prepared, too - check out the mixed berry martini!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sigh...HP can't cook steak to tempTexasSteakLoverDined on 4/24/2014Pros--well seasoned steak, attentive service that wasn't intrusive, delicious mashed potatoes Cons--steak ordered medium rare was medium plus, steak was dry, expensive, room is boring For a $40 10 oz steak, the kitchen should darn well cook it to requested temperature. No way in my book that a steakhouse can do better than "Good" when a steak is overcooked. Undercooked can be fixed, overcooked can't.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014This is a great steakhouse with some of the best tasting steaks I've had in South Florida. I took my parents for Easter dinner and they loved it. I was greeted by a wonderful hostess upon arrival and was quickly seated. There were times where I think our server could have been more attentive in terms of us ordering our meal and making sure we had menu's. Other than that, I had an amazing time and I will be backSpecial Features:
- Worth going to- onceToddDined on 4/15/2014I don't know if I would go again. The atmosphere was lovely, service was great not amazing. The food, I don't feel was worth the price. I ordered the Foie Gras- not one I would do again. The filet- tender- yes but not wonderfully so, but was flavorful. Portion size was tiny and I ordered it MW, it came out MR- I ate a little - sent it back to have it cooked a little longer, it still came back MR so, I gave up and ate a little more -I am not a fan of bleeding meat). Side of cheese potatoes with it- they were good but greasy. To finish I had the sorbet- best part of the meal. The wine list was by far the most impressive and amazing part of the entire experience. If one is a wine enthusiast- it is a must see! Host was very nice and friendly.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerMrsTurnerVIPDined on 4/12/2014My husband & I had dinner here for my birthday. It was the last noght of our vacation. We chose the restaurnat because we were staying at the hotel. It turned out to be a much richer experience than I expected and our server was a doll. My husband had the porterhouse which was delicious and I had the butter braised lobster which was devine. Our server gave me a nice dessert for my birthday which was a classy touch. The cocktails we had were tasty but no strong enough for the price tag. I would definetly come back again, if I iwas in south florida.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryAmandaDined on 4/12/2014We celebrated our anniversary at the westin diplomat and looked up their restaurants.. based on the amazing reviews we made a reservation at hollywood prime. The reviews were right.. romantic atmosphere, excellent service, and delicious food. It is pricy but we looked at the menu ahead of time, so no surprises there. The waiter brought us an anniversary dessert (free) which was really nice. The service was very good, they were extremely attentive. I had the swordfish which was delicious, and a surprisingly large size. I hate going to expensive restaurants with tiny portions, and these portions were great. Sides are family style so be prepared to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Met at Hollywood Prime forJulioDined on 4/8/2014Met at Hollywood Prime for a business dinner. The Server Frank was awesome! Funny and super attentive! Our hostess was classy and very accommodating. Most importantly, the food was great. My clients enjoyed their meal and had a great time. Thanks Hollywood Prime for an amazing meal and a service that made it special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great eveningMhlcVIPDined on 4/5/2014We've been to Hollywood Prime several times since it opened. They always make us feel special and that they are truly glad we are there. I love steak and have been to most of the steakhouses in South Florida. Hollywood Prime is consistently one of the best. The long bone ribeye was outstanding and the sides were great and plenty for 2 people. Looking forward to our next visit already.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visitMagieVIPDined on 3/31/2014This was my second visit in the last six months. The service is excellent and the food is absolutely delightful. Will be back next time in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/29/2014Hollywood Prime is a really nice restaurant with a private feel There are about 12-15 tables. Food is great and service is immaculate. Location is great, there is a nice lobby scene in the westin allso. Desserts were kind of limited and the price is a little high, but definitely worth a visit.Special Features:
- Awesome Small GemLorimccarDined on 3/24/2014This restaurant was one of the best steak houses we have eaten at! We had a 10 oz bone-in Filet Mignon that was outstanding! The staff was very well trained, professional, knowledgeable, yet friendly. All their recommendations were spot on & fabulous! This restaurant has become our favorite and will take all our friends and family there! A+++++++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/23/2014This restaurant was above and beyond what we expected. There were 4 of us. We live in NY and eat at the top restaurants in the city often. The dishes that were ordered-rack of lamb and a filet, were among the best ever ordered, and this is a very critical group. As a vegetarian, I don't expect much from a steak house menu, but the salmon was perfect! The service was great. Never did we think that we would have such a great meal in the hotel restaurant. This was definitely the best part of the W experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFUL DINNERCapefoodiesVIPDined on 3/13/2014Special celebration made more special. The restaurant is beautiful. The food is delicious. The service outstanding. YSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.