Hollins House - Pasatiempo Golf Club
20 Clubhouse Rd
Santa Cruz, CA 95060Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
Hollins House - Pasatiempo Golf Club
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thehollinshouse.com/
- Phone: (831) 459-9177
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour: 4:00pm-5:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday-Friday 5:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Californian
- Executive Chef: John Paul Lechtenberg
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private room with a fabulous view and fireplace that comfortably seats 20.
- Private Party Contact: Margy Seifert 8314313231x
A word from Hollins House - Pasatiempo Golf Club
Hollins House Restaurant is conveniently located on the Pasatiempo Golf Club Property. There is not a more spectacular setting or view in all of Santa Cruz. Atmosphere, view, location, food, service...we have it allContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Hollins House - Pasatiempo Golf Club - Best Restaurants in Santa Cruz ›
Hollins House - Pasatiempo Golf Club reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (43)great for outdoor dining (39)fit for foodies (38)special occasion (32)romantic (30)good for groups (20)notable wine list (14)neighborhood gem (13)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Excellent service, great views, amazing meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/18/2014Have been to Hollins House a handful of times in the last few years. Views are always amazing & food/service has been just ok or sometimes good. Last Tuesday I had one of the best meals I've ever had anywhere. The staff was top notch & the views are always great! Go check out the new Hollins House. It will not disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InterestingkymoreDined on 11/13/2014Flavors good... main coarse portions small making it nice to share a first coarse. Service outstanding. Chef sent out a sample bite which was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for great food and conversationTopHatDined on 11/13/2014Hollins House is a unique restaurant with a dignified ambiance and great food. Went there for a business dinner so we could have a conversation. They have the standard Classic American dishes you would expect from a fine restaurant. Food, wine and service were all wonderful. Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendedLEEEDined on 10/31/2014The Tap Room and the main dining room offer nice alternatives.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014As restaurant week enthusiasts we try to go to as many places as possible. I have celiacs disease so occasionally with the fixed menu that is difficult. Hollins House was as accommodating as it was delicious. I really enjoyed my experience and would come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- twooldDined on 10/28/2014Beautiful setting,wait staff was exceptional . Good variety of food with exquisite presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new favoriteDisappointedDined on 10/23/2014We've been here for events and for dinner years ago. We came back because of restaurant week but will now be back to enjoy the view, the food, and the ambiance. Our party of five-some of whom are hard to please-thoroughly enjoyed every morsel. Portions were perfect and beautifully presented. There was something for everyone, from vegetarian to pork lover. Desserts were just as good as was the decaf coffee. Even the bread was great, nice and warm, served with a plate of olive oil and drops of balsamic vinegar that had been reduced to a sweet, thick wonderful consistency. Perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!YummyDined on 10/23/2014Fabulous food and venue. However, while the waitress wasn't bad,she would have been better suited to a cocktail lounge than such an elegant place.Special Features:
- The view was nice35lameDined on 10/23/2014We went for the Restaurant Week, and it was horrible. Service staff was a mess for such a "high-end" place. $35 for three corse is a joke, and the chicken was terrible!!Special Features:
- Best view in Santa Cruz CountyNotHard2PleaseVIPDined on 10/7/2014The Hollins House has upped it's game! The food is terrific and you can't beat the setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hollins house is just great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/23/2014We had the last tapas of the season and they were really well executed and delicious! Great cocktails and service too, Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuesday Tapas NightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/16/2014The food, service and setting were great. Wonderful views, good food, wine and service what's not to like!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not So GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014I took my wife and some friends for her birthday. It has been several years since our last visit. First off they only had one listing in the wine list for Riesling , and they were out of that. He did not offer any other helpful choices. The main course was very good. Now to the deserts. We asked for a apple desert and they were out of that. So we ordered some thing else. We told the waiter that we were very unhappy with what was still on the menu. Later he came back after talking to the manager and he said we would not be charged for the desert. ( $ 18.00 ) He only gave us a $ 4.50 credit on a bill of over $ 225.00. Later he gave us another $ 4.50., not the $ 18.00 due us. Don't think we will be back soonSpecial Features:
- Wonderful food and viewJanetDined on 9/11/2014What a wonderful dining experience! Hollins House used to be a favorite but for years the food was nothing special so we avoided it even though it has the best view in the County. The menu and execution now lives up to this "foodies " hopes. We sat on the outdoor patio as the sun went down and the lights in the city came on. The heaters kept us perfectly after dark. My chopped beet salad with goat cheese appetizer was outstanding, small packets of goat cheese wrapped in phyllo and served warm over perfectly roasted beets. Our main courses were also delicious and the chocolat and berry dessert was enough for the three of us. This is a terrific place for a romantic evening or to take visitors from out of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectLuvlifeDined on 9/10/2014It made for the perfect birthday celebration. We'll be coming back soon.Special Features:
- Hidden but worth the hunt!!franKVIPDined on 9/9/2014Tapas Tuesday!!! FAB U LOUS We had 7 on the lawned patio...full moon rising and GREAT SERVICE....small plates of lamb and pork...beets and ahi, salads and fried chicken that we should have ordered 12 of!!...great prices and we had a ball. Tyler was our server and just a great guy...knew his business!! We will be back for the full menu (see 'chicken' above)!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas TuesdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014We were first timers Tuesday evening at Hollins House Tapas Tuesday event. The live music was perfect, the view beautiful, great company, and the Tapas were Ah-mazing. Don't forget to order dessert. We ate 4 desserts between the three of us! Good times!Special Features:
- Tapas BarluvgoodfoodDined on 9/9/2014The Tapas bar on Tuesday nights is a great addition to an already very good restaurant. The food is innovative and surprisingly good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChloeDined on 9/2/2014What not to like about Tapas Tuesdays? Great food, view, music, wine, service and resonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful 60th birthdayRaBaDined on 8/29/2014We went to Hollins House for my wife's 60th birthday with her mother, brother and our oldest son. We were seated in the MacKenzie Bar at a table with an excellent view of Monterey Bay. As we get older we appreciate a quiet restaurant. We were able to talk at a normal conversation level and that made the experience very pleasant. The menu isn't extensive but there were more than enough entrees from which to chose. Everyone was very happy with the choices. From the homemade bread to the appetizers through the main course and dessert the food was excellent. The service was very good and relaxed. If you need to leave by a certain time be sure to mention that when you arrive. The vanilla ice cream "cake" was an unexpected treat and a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2beachbumsDined on 8/28/2014The wait staff was fantastic. The best filet and sand dabs we have ever had. Fantastic presentation. Five star dining!!!! We were celebrating our 27th wedding anniversary and will return for our 28th. and many times in between. Great experience. Bill and JenniferSpecial Features:
- JP (CHEF) EXCELLENT JOB!GIN73Dined on 8/28/2014I took three of my friends to the Hollins House where we had a magical night! The weather, the view and the service perfect and the food was outstanding. Try the mushroom galette, the beet salad, sand dabs, Ahi, and the chocolate dessert was so light, with such great flavor it was devoured by all those who said they couldn't eat another thing. We had Mojito's and a wonderful bottle of wine. The music was classic Gershwin, there was room to dance spontaneously which we did. This was the first time for my guests & all plan to return again. We were there on a Thursday evening at 6PM. Great Evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!thewineguyDined on 8/14/2014The first time we went to this restaurant with two other couples who have been to wonderful restaurants all over the world and thought that the overall experience at Hollins House equaled or exceeded that of Michelin star restaurants. The French onion soup with shallots and the cheese infused as foam was amazing. The service was attentive and friendly, and you can't beat the 180 degree view of Monterey Bay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Event EveningNVSVRDined on 7/31/2014We tried Hollins House for their first All American BBQ night and it was fantastic -- live music, outdoor dining, and a great atmosphere. The food was excellent with brisket, chicken, ribs and sausage served family style on a metal tray for the table. A wide assortment of sides were available ala carte, and nothing was less than extraordinary. The brisket was the best we have ever had anywhere. Service was excellent despite a very busy night. Levi, our server, helped make the evening memorable, but everyone with was helpful and very friendly. Although this was the first event, we were told that this BBQ will be repeated at least bi-weekly. So if you are in the mood for a casual, but excellent dinner, check it out!Special Features:
- The following 72 reviews are from the Hollins House - Pasatiempo Golf Club reviews archive.
- Great tapas and outstanding sceneryBusyMomDined on 7/22/2014You cannot beat sitting in the outside dining area with a sweeping view of the Monterey Bay. The view combined with great food, makes for a special treat! We came here for Tapas Tuesday. Our favorites were the calamari salad, the lamb, and a great wine list. The staff was very attentive, and we were seated in a great spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic views / Incredible mealzoegrlsDined on 7/17/2014We chose to eat on the patio. Fantastic views of the bay beyond the lights of Santa Cruz set the tone for an incredible meal. From the wonderful seared ahi appetizer to the perfectly prepared lamb and sand dabs, everything about our meal was delightful. The roasted beet salad with puff pastry filled with goat cheese mousse was outstanding. Service was very good though the staff seemed to be spread a bit thin by a large party in the main dining room. Everyone was quick to make sure all of our needs were taken care of. They brought several heaters to the table when the temperature dropped and offered to move us indoors at any time. The waitress was knowledgable and helpful with suggestions about both the menu and drink list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food, best viewGeoHilDined on 6/27/2014New menu with amazing dishes. The lamb was particularly delicious. The view is unbeatable and never a problem to get a table. It always amazes me that it isn't busier. Service was slow but we weren't in a hurry. Seemed like most of the staff was new and a little clueless. Grandkids love to play on the lawn while we enjoy coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas Tuesday DisasterLoveHappyHourDined on 6/24/2014My friend and I decided to try out their new Tapas Tuesday. They seated us at a lovely table out on the lawn, but then forgot we were there. No drinks, no food, nada. After 30 minutes, we got up and decided to move to the bar area where, perhaps, we would be more visual. When they saw us moving, they made a big fuss over us and apologized profusely. They got us drinks, 2 breads, and our fries came about 25 minutes later. The calamari was inedible, and they comp'd us for that. For the most part, we continued to be ignored. We had to flag down a wait staff to get another drink, and at one point, I brought our glasses of water up to the bar for refills myself - since no one came around to check on us. Just a very bizarre experience.Special Features:
- tapas tuesdaytomnkarenDined on 6/24/2014a group of us dined at Hollins House for Tapas Tuesday. It was the first time for this new event. The eclectic menu was very interesting and each dish delicious. Even our picky eater found 3 dishes that he loved. The wine list is very good and service from Levi was the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas TuesdayKate26Dined on 6/24/2014We just found out about this gem so decided to go to Tapas Tuesday and sit on the patio. We ordered drinks and 3 tapas in short order and in minutes all 3 tapas came out. About 15 minutes later the drinks came out. An all too typical scenario in Santa Cruz. The bar didn't seem that crowded and there were plenty of servers so don't know the cause. The food was lovely, we ordered 3 more tapas and a glass of wine each and all was fine. The bill came to $80 without tip and the tapas allowed us to exercise portion control. Was it worth the ambiance? Who can afford this on any kind of regular basis? I would still highly recommend checking out the site and at least enjoying a beverage on the patio. It's stunning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!frequentdinerDined on 6/18/2014The filet mignon was superb and the service was great. There was a men's golf event dinner so the noise level was very high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Again !localDined on 6/6/2014This was a VERY DISAPPOINTING experience ! What was suppose to be an after graduation dinner turned out to be a shouting match for conversation to compete with the loud bar noise. Not at all what our group of seven was expecting. We should have left before the disappointing food arrived 39 minutes after we ordered! The salmon was dry and over cooked. The sand dabs (only three) was, I think disguised Talapia. And to sum it up nobody in our party thought their meal was good. This was a "Don't ever go there again experience".
- Consistently top notchNervousKnitterDined on 5/29/2014Hollins House food is always fabulous, the specials are unique and delightful and the service staff is on top of every need. The specials are always terrific. I had an appetizer of sautéed calamari with a vinagrette and hummus and it was amazing, the beet and goat cheese salad is mouth watering. Portion sizes are more than adequate and are beautifully presented. Their specials are always unique and always delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas TuesdayjudyVIPDined on 5/27/2014We had a table of 4 outside in the beautiful patio area. It was a goegeous evening. Our server was quick efficient and very friendly. The Tapas were delicious, just the right size and served on a very timely manner! Excellent! I encourage everyone to join in on the fun at Hollins House Restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The view of the bay is spectacularBestVIPDined on 5/24/2014We had a great table, adjacent to the windows, overlooking the Monterey Bay. I started with the Caprese salad which was unique and very good. My wife had the ribeye steak and I had the salmon, both were outstanding. For dessert we shared a brownie with salted caramel and ice cream, yummy. The service was outstanding. "Ken", originally from Argentina, was our waiter. He said he's been there now two months, was extremely attentive. We highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrequentdinerfrequentdinerDined on 5/20/2014Great Tuesday night tapas! Service and menu getting better each time I go.Special Features:
- lovely setting for taoasrshorensVIPDined on 5/20/2014We went for tapas Tuesdays at 5 pm. Perfect weather, gorgeous view, great selection, delicious food, moderate prices. Loved the Mojito special. Felt like the private home it once was!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My ReviewHenrispeaksDined on 5/13/2014Fun concept, great music, excellent food, unbelievable setting, friendly service.Special Features:
- very disappointedNittlerDined on 5/11/2014My parents in law have lived in Pasatiemp for 50+ years - we were excited to have Mother's Day Brunch but it was such a disappointment!
- Mother's Day BrunchTaraDined on 5/11/2014Lovely brunch spread, beautiful location, view. Very friendly helpful service. Only drawback, no choice to eat inside if you wanted or table selection outside. I assume this was due to volume for holiday. However we arrived early and after finding out we HAD to sit outside, we were also told we couldn't choose being in the sun or shade even tho there were no other guests there yet. So that was a bit frustrating, as I had some light sensitivity. Luckily a place in shade "opened up". Also very windy that day. Overall very nice day, just maybe a good idea to give guests info regarding choice of seating before arriving. Thanks!Special Features: