Holleman's Restaurant and Lounge
1 Curtiss Parkway
Miami Springs, FL 33166Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Holleman's Restaurant and Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://hollemansrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3058888097
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:45pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Byron Rubio
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Holleman's Restaurant and Lounge
Chefs at Holleman's haul fresh catches from the sea and cuts from the chophouse to create a menu of refined American classics. Meals commence with raised wine glasses that signal forks to battle, parrying for appetizers such as herbed escargot bathed in garlic butter. For the midmeal food fight, chefs dress new york strip steak in cracked pepper and a mantle a silky cognac sauce, and pots coddle creamy artichoke-and-spinach risotto to support fresh Salmon. A selection of 11 pasta entrees includes long noodles that wrap tenderly around battered shrimp and slither under blankets of sage-tomato sauce. Under the dining room's lofted ceiling of exposed beams and olive-painted slats, white tablecloths add elegance to high-backed booths, wooden tables, and preemptive renditions of "Auld Lang Syne." A rustic brick wall separates the bar, where iron chandeliers glow above high-top tables and reflect light off elegant wooden wine cases that stack dark bottles floor to ceilingContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Holleman's Restaurant and Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
- Wonderful Dinner OutOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2013Made reservations...good thing because place was packed. Our hostess was very friendly and attentive. Appetizers came out timely, dinner was a little slow but well worth waiting for, dessert was delivered quickly. Wonderful and enjoyable night out!Special Features:
- Great Food!!msnomadicDined on 6/22/2013I can definitely say that they had a great selection of food. Everything tasted delicious anddid not take long to come out once ordered. There wasn't a lot of staff, so it took a bit longer to get water, but besides that it was a great place to dine out on a date and with family. The dessert selection is something you definitely have to try.Special Features:
- Great Staff!!!!!eat4funDined on 6/14/2013The ambience was up my ally because I love anything and everything that resembles Tuscany, even in the smallest way. I did wish they would play some soft music. The staff was WONDERFUL. Everything was presented in a very nice fashion. On the downside, the meal was not close to what I expected. :( I was so disappointed with the Lamb, I only had one piece. My husband just tasted his Rib Eye. Dessert was good. Nothing extraordinary. They could definitely better the quality of their meals to match their "high" prices.Special Features:
- GREAT FOOD,BIG PORTIONS,AMAGALLANES03Dined on 6/5/2013GREAT FOOD,BIG PORTIONS,A LITTLE ON THE EXPENSIVE SIDE BUT WORTH IT.Special Features:
- Hidden GemFrankieDined on 5/31/2013This place is by my home and I enjoy having a nice place to eat a Filet without driving miles to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and a Great surpriseJimboDined on 5/25/2013Found that the food was good and the service was good and the ambiance was surprising and a great find. Will continue to go to Holleman's with my wife and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moms dayMOMSDAYDined on 5/10/2013It is a great place to have a very romantic or to take mom to dinner, or to have someone special for a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as expectedluv2eatDined on 5/4/2013The hostess was also a waitress. Seats were torn and food was fair.
- Steak was excellent.serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2013Steak was excellent.service was good but slow...its worth the waitSpecial Features:
- Great find, food was verymgalletVIPDined on 3/23/2013Great find, food was very good. deff worth the trip.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)bdaysmashDined on 3/9/2013I have been a couple of times to Holleman's. The food is good but the ambiance and service needs some improvement. The service is slow and lacks detail. If the service and ambiance were to improve, the restaurant would actually be excellent. The décor and maintenance also needs some renovation. We sat on a booth that had duct tape on the cushion to cover a crack in the material.
- got seated at 8:00pm, gotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013got seated at 8:00pm, got our order taken 8:20, glass of wine at 8:30 appetizer at 8:43, ribeye steak and filet mignon at 9:30pm. my steak was supposed to be butterflied instead it looked buthcherd. i was told it took long cuz it was med-well, steak was complelety pinkish/light red. i was discussed and not even hungery after seeing that. NEVER AGAIN!!!!
- this is a place that you feelEggy22VIPDined on 3/8/2013this is a place that you feel comfortable at. the food has always been very good and a very nice serving size for the price...Special Features:
- Everything was wonderful again,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/8/2013Everything was wonderful again, except for the meat. Taste was good, but had gristle in it and maybe a sharper knife would have helped in cutting. The sauce on the meat was spectacular.
- we only go with a grouponOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013we only go with a groupon coupon, otherwise to expensive for us, but when we can get a coupon we go and have taken friends, also recommended Holleman's to friends in the springs....Special Features:
- Dinner for 4 on a Monday wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/18/2013Dinner for 4 on a Monday was a disaster. Arrived at time reserved 7:30pm. Waited for 25 minutes for the waiter. Turns out there was only one waiter. Several appetizers on the list were not available. We settled for 2 that were available. Waited for about 40 minutes for the appetizers. Ordered dinners from short list that was available. Waited again another 30 minutes, before finding out the sides we ordered were not available, had to pick from limited choices. Waited again for 45 minutes for the entrees to arrive. After completing our meals we were informed thet they were out of all desserts. At this point after spending 3 hours, and approaching 11pm, we gave up and asked for the check. Dissapointed to say the least.Special Features:
- MIXED REVIEWSOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/13/2013THIS IS THE SECOND TIME I VISIT THIS RESTAURANT. I PURCHASED TWO VOUCHERS FROM GROUPON AND MY FIRST VISIT WAS ON A SATURDAY AT 7PM AND EVERYTHING FROM THE RESERVATION TO THE FOOD TURNED TO BE A COMPLETE DISASTER. MY SECOND VISIT WAS ON A WEDNESDAY AT 6PM AND THIS TIME WAS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT, THE SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT AND THE FOOD PREPARED WELL AND OF THE HIGHEST QUALITY. MIAMI HAS MANY MANY GOOD RESTAURANTs AND I WILL NOT TAKE A CHANCE ON THIS ONE AGAIN.Special Features:
- Many items on the menu wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/31/2013Many items on the menu were not available - "they ran out" - the quality of the food was just okay. It was nothing to write home about. It's NOT the Holleman's of old, which was a neighborhood gem with a great bar scene. But that was a LONG time ago. Now it's just so-so. Didn't have anything that would make me go back again.
- The place has very good food.VictorDined on 1/25/2013The place has very good food. Perhaps a bit overpriced for the area, but very well cooked and very tasty. The service was a bit off, the place was full to capacity and there seemed to be 4 servers for the entire restaurant. The bar had kareoke going on, which made the dining room a bit loud.Special Features:
- VERY BAD. Poor poor service.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/25/2013VERY BAD. Poor poor service. Will never return, and will tell others to never go.
- There was a good choice ofFLAPJSDined on 1/12/2013There was a good choice of menu items and types of food. The Saturday we dined at 7pm they were already out of two menu items early in the evening. Service is good, but the kitchen does not seem to be able to keep pace with the orders. A minimum wait between courses ended up being 30 minutes. If you don't want to be rushed this is the place to go. Because it is located in an old building the acoustics are not that great.Special Features:
- Excellent SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/9/2013Party of 4. Ordered 4 different steaks. Filet mignon was as tender as butter and was probably the best of the 4. The rib eye, skirt steak and NY strip were perfect. All had garlic mashed which were delicious but don't order them if you are not a garlic lover. Coconut shrimp app was good. Overall everyone loved it.
- We were very happy with theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/5/2013We were very happy with the person than help us and the services and the food was verygood .Special Features:
- The food was outstanding andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/4/2013The food was outstanding and the staff was friendly
- Great steakbadcatDined on 12/31/2012The service was great and the meat was incredible. too bad it closedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOOK FOREVER TO GET DRINKSLIZJVIPDined on 12/29/2012TOOK FOREVER TO GET DRINKS AND FOOD. THEY RAN OUT OF BREAD AND I DID NOT FIND OUT TILL I GOT ESCARGOT APPETIZER WHICH WITHOUT THE BREAD IS NOT THE SAME.Special Features:
- AVOID THIS RESTAURANTOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/29/2012My wife and I have been dining at hollemans for over two decades. On the most recent visit, We waited over one hour to receive our order. The staff was very friendly but appeared overwhelmed. Something was clearly very wrong in the kitchen. After eating the salad and a couple of orders of bread, we were no longer hungry by the time the food arrived. The au gratin potatoes were horrible. Overall, the food quality had also declined significantl I'm very disappointed because this was one of our favorite restaurants in Miami. Over the years, I've shared many happy times at Hollomans with family, friends and coworkers. But I am afraid That based upon our last experience, this will likely will be the last time we visit the restaurant. M
- Bread smell funnyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/27/2012One thing I will say is they have a good Value for their meats and they are great. Service was ok, order a beer to have with meal but came when I was done and I returned it. Bread had a funny smell, spoke to manger about it and the services but did not seem to care
- great tasty food with goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012great tasty food with good service and a nice ambiance i'll go back even though i dont live close.Special Features:
- Terrible service will neverOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2012Terrible service will never return to that awful place
- I've been comming to Holleman's2frequentdinersVIPDined on 10/6/2012I've been comming to Holleman's since way back when I was working for Eastern Airlines, it was a great hang out for Eastern Employees! It's still great today, great food. Also it brings back great memories!Special Features:
- Cozy neighbourhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2012Cozy neighbourhood restaurant with good dining experience.Special Features:
- I have been going to HollemansCherylDined on 9/28/2012I have been going to Hollemans for longer than I can remember. We always went for special occasions as a family and continued after I was married with my own family. I had not been in quite a few years. The filet was amazing. Margaritas were delicious. It seemed they needed more wait staff in the restaurant. We had a blast watching the karoake singers and dancing. We are already talking about going back soon.Special Features:
- J. FisherOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/25/2012Looking for a new place to eat with my wife, we found a Groupon for this restaurant. We had the best time! It may have been the wine in huge glasses. It may have been our fabulous waitress. It also could have been this great spot with tasty food in a cute neighborhood just outside Hialeah. Check it out. We will be back.Special Features:
- Outstanding foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012The waitress was very very nice. She gave us great service. The ambiance is very nice. The food was delicious. We were four, one had the filet Mignon, one had the lamb, one had the NY steak and everything was incredible.Special Features:
- Great food and service, we2frequentdinersVIPDined on 9/15/2012Great food and service, we have dine several times before and everytime it was a great experiance. I used to work for Eastern Airlines and a whole bunch of us would go for happy hour back on those days, so the Restaurant also holds very good memories too.Special Features:
- A mixe bag, but deserves 2nd chanceJAD648Dined on 9/8/2012This Saturday night the kitchen was busy and very slow. Fortunately, we were not in a hurry because it took 1 hour and 15 minutes to have our dinner served. During this delay we enjoyed good Argentine wine, Luiggi Bosca, overpriced at $10 a glass, and a nice friendly waitress named Nellie saved the night for the kitchen. The shrimp stuffed with crab appetizer special was very good and tasty. The filet mignon was excellent and cooked as ordered. The NY Strip was good, but did not seem to be of the same high quality. It was a bit tough and not cooked as ordered. The sweet potato fries were too greasy and soggy, but the seasoned roasted potatoes were much better.Special Features:
- Excellent food... from theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2012Excellent food... from the bread to the caesar salad to the mouth watering steak and potatoes (highly recommend the rib-eye and twice baked potato) to the house pinot grigio wine...it was a feast for the palate!Special Features:
- Food was good and well presented.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012Food was good and well presented. The waitress was very helpful and pleasant. The entrees took more than anticipated. Our party of 8+ child took more than 45 minute wait.Special Features:
- Our food was delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2012Our food was delicious and prepared as we ordered it. I would recommend Holleman's for a great dining experience.Special Features: