Hola! Mexican Restaurant & Cantina - Belmont
1015 Alameda De Las Pulgas
Belmont, CA 94002Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Hola! Mexican Restaurant & Cantina - Belmont
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.holarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6505911735
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Felipe Cisneros
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call or email for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Hola! Belmont is your place for all your banquets and large parties, with accommodations for up to 200 people. We will help you celebrate your wedding receptions, wedding rehearsals, graduations, baby showers, birthdays, private meetings, and all kinds of other events. Come take advantage of our private fiesta room for your next special event. To make reservations, ask questions or get details on our banquet menus, please email email@example.com.
- Private Party Contact: Angeles Ricardez 6505911735
- Special Events: Come join us on Sunday, May 9 for our Mother's Day Champagne Brunch. The cost for adults is $24.95 and $16.95 for children under 12. Seatings will take place at 10 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Please call for seating availability.
A word from Hola! Mexican Restaurant & Cantina - Belmont
Hola! Mexican Restaurant & Cantina in Belmont invites you to come and experience delicious Mexican food of both the traditional and regional kind along with more than 100 specialty tequilas. Fresh flavors, great drinks and knowledgeable staff are just a few of the things you will find here. The restaurant is festively decorated with saltillo tile floors, handcrafted tile tables, hand carved wood and leather chairs and overlooks a charming brook that winds its way through a beautiful, lush garden nursery. Other works by talented artisans of Mexico, such as punched tin, glassware, iron work and ceramic ware are also on display. Your visit here will be a truly sensory experience. Hola! Belmont is also your place for all your banquets, parties and wedding receptions. We are also available for catering and take out. So come join us at Hola! Belmont to sizzle your palate Mexican style with fresh traditional favorites and fine regional and coastal specialties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hola! Mexican Restaurant & Cantina - Belmont reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)kid-friendly (9)good for groups (7)great for lunch (7)special occasion (2)fit for foodies (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- great Mexican meals on large platesCharlesVIPDined on 9/2/2014reasonably priced, very nice ambiance .... with a feel of being along the creek in Puerto VallartaSpecial Features:
- Always a good choice!JaneDined on 8/30/2014Easy to get in to. Good food. Good service. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSpecial Features:
- Dining ExperienceJohnMartinVIPDined on 8/18/2014Thank you for a wonderful dining experience. I loved the newly renovated decor! Service was great, as usual! Food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Glad they've reopened!McRobtockDined on 8/3/2014We went with family and were happily surprised that the food and service continue to be good. Our service was good and they took good care to help get our food for the kids which was crucial with hungry four year olds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey for Poor QualityOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/3/2014Prior to the remodel, the food was tasty. After the remodel, add $$ and expect very low quality food. Prices of margaritas have increased and the size of the drink has greatly decreased. Expect your drink to arrive in a pint glass. Service was very lax. Our server did not care that one person in our party did not touch their meal. Did not inquire as to why it was not touched. Did not offer to replace with another dish. I had to go and hunt down the manager to deal with our experience. I hope this was an off night with a server that was having an off night. I don't plan on coming back. Taco Bell has higher quality food than Hola did on the night we dined.
- Just Gotta' Love It!SunSettersDined on 8/1/2014Went for an early dinner on the occasion of the Grand Re-Opening. Popular place with a fair crowd, yet once we ordered, we had our food in no time. Dinner was great; no complaints. Food, service and ambience were all outstanding. Ambiance was made even more special with Mariachi entertainment taking requests and strolling throughout the now open space for dining. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 155 reviews are from the Hola! Mexican Restaurant & Cantina - Belmont reviews archive.
- JohnMartinVIPDined on 5/23/2014Our reservation was for 5, but quickly turned into 9 as my daughter came with her 2 children! Hola was so very accommodating! Your waitress, Angelitas was superb - so very pleasant and efficient! Thanks for a wonderful dining experience!Special Features:
- Hola! Mexican ResturantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/6/2014We greatly enjoyed our time at this resturant. The only issue we had was that neither this nor our previous time here, were we able to book the time we needed and some of our group had to come late and order after us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hola restaurant reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2014I had high expectations of this place, I've been to the one in Burlingame and loved it. but unfortunately I cant say the same about the Belmont location. When the food arrived it was cold! Then, the waiters don't check up on you. You will only see them when you get there and as they bring your food. I wanted extra chips and they were nowhere to be found nor could i get their attention they were too busy cleaning. same thing happened when i wanted the check, im sure they wouldn't have noticed if i were to leave without paying! Not coming here again.
- Great new find!FoodAmoreDined on 4/18/2014Frequently I fly into SFO and would love to have a nice dinner before heading home to the East Bay. On a recent return from Dubai - where we missed Mexican food greatly, while waiting for our bags, I found Hola! on Open Table. Just a few miles from the airport (about 12) lies good Americanized and a few traditional dishes as well Mexican food, friendly service, and WONDERFUL margaritas. Just what we needed! Will keep this find in mind for returns to SFO and the occasional visit to the peninsula!Special Features:
- Dinner againJohnMartinVIPDined on 3/31/2014Once again we enjoyed a fantastic dinner at Hola's restaurant. Thank you specially for Angelica and your excellent waiters.Special Features:
- Godd food, Lackluster ServiceTony23Dined on 3/12/2014Had a party of 8 and the service was sketch at best, place wasn't even that busy either so really no excuse. Great food, just takes a while to get things to you.Special Features:
- Terrible experience,used to be goodWinoVIPDined on 3/1/2014Only 4 tables but after 20 min had to go and ask the hostess if someone could take our order. Then 5 min later someone did, another 20 min to get our food all while no one even stopped by to fill water or chips and salsa. No one came to apologies or anything. First time I have ever left 0% tip but seriously there was NO service so who would I be tipping. Used to be a great restaurant but wow now I can't even recommend it to anyone.
- Hola! - A great place to celebrateDelightedDinerDined on 1/5/2014We recently celebrated my birthday at Hola! and had a great time as always. The rustic charm of this "cantina" is perfect for group gatherings and celebrations. I enjoyed the taco salad for dinner but my favorite entree is the Carnitas plate. Tender and cooked to perfection. It is served with warmed tortillas, rice and beans - yummm!Special Features:
- What service?DavidDined on 12/31/2013I have been to this restaurant numerous times in the past. The service has always been very erratic, from very good to nonexistent. However this most recent new years eve dinner set a new low for overall service. Firstly we were ignored upon entering the restaurant. Then our supposed waiter made it very clear that he was not happy working on new years eve. He could not put a face to anyone's drink or food order and was in a huge hurry to exit our table. Both the drinks and food took forever. However perhaps the worst thing was the automatic gratuity tacked on to our bill for eight people. Typically I have no issue with this. However for this waiter I certainly took exception to having a large tip added on.
- Wait StaffJohnMartinVIPDined on 12/27/2013Many thanks for outstanding service especially Gerardo and Angelicas! Food, as always was excellent - kudos to your chef! John M.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Muy buenoOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/27/2013My daughter and I love the tortilla soup here! Their enchilada's, tacos and fajita burritos are yummy!Special Features:
- Excellent food and service.LizzieVIPDined on 12/9/2013Excellent food and service. Will be back for sure.Special Features:
- Always fresh and good!JoyceDined on 11/16/2013Recommend the mole, and ceviche. Always enjoy this restaurant. Best Mexican food in Belmont/San Carlos.Special Features:
- OK Mexican food.KCWongDined on 11/7/2013I had a hankering for Mexican food. We were in Belmont and this was really the only sit down Mexican restaurant in the vicinity. Bonus: had the big college football game on. The food was OK - not bad, just not fantastic. I had the Sopes. I had shredded beef - it was a little salty for my taste, but I liked the corn part. Maybe I should have had chicken or ground beef. My husband had the 3 tamales which were OK. They kept the chips coming (first basket was warm, second one was fresh, but not warm). We had the fried plantains for dessert. Again, not bad. I might try something else the next time (at the next hankering). The service was very good - had various people coming by and checking on us. The waitress was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hola's Mexican Restaurant &CantinayvonnecapVIPDined on 8/21/2013We booked Hola's for a team dinner with 15 people and were very pleased. The restaurant has a fun atmosphere and a very responsive and attentive staff. The group table was ready for us when we came in and the staff was quick to start asking drink orders the minute we arrived. Hola's hosts a great happy hour from 4-6p with drink specials and appetizers specials that are well worth the trip. The food is good and tastes very authentic. The service here is also quick, which is great for a quick lunch stop.Special Features:
- everything was wonderful. reallyTexasTeriVIPDined on 7/7/2013everything was wonderful. really great people, with really awesome food. will keep going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not reccomendMaggieVIPDined on 1/18/2013While the atmosphere of Hola! was was, the food and drink were par, as was the service. Fajitas and tostada were bland, the tortilla soup was similar to Campbells tomato soup, and the mango margarita pitcher was flavorless and watery. Would not dine here again.
- This is a great place to takefun2dineoutDined on 11/30/2012This is a great place to take my 3 grandchildrem ages 18 months to 12 years. The restaurant overlooks a nursery which they love to visit. Leon remembered meeting the 8 year old several months ago and what we had discussed at that visit even though he was not our waiter today. That is pretty amazing and typical of the feel this restaurant gives one of warm, fuzzies. The food was delicious as usual. Great service.Special Features:
- Daniel and I have enjoyedJohnMartinVIPDined on 11/26/2012Daniel and I have enjoyed our weekly dinners at Hola's for several months! Great food, wide variety of menu selections and reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Had a delightful dining experienceJohnMartinVIPDined on 11/5/2012Had a delightful dining experience with grandson Daniel. Always a pleasure to dine at Hola's.Special Features:
- Loud, Loud , Loud. It wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/2/2012Loud, Loud , Loud. It was so loud that it took away from the overall experience. I will go back, but not on a Friday night.
- Overlooks a nursery with walkingfun2dineoutDined on 10/29/2012Overlooks a nursery with walking bridge. Leon was our waiter and was kind and patient with both myself and granddaughter, providing service above nnd beyond. He enjoys his job and spoke highly of his boss and work environment, and it was apparent in his top notvh level of service. My granddaughter just turned 8 and it is one of her favorite places to go.Special Features:
- Only regret was Monday nightsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/8/2012Only regret was Monday nights they have live music and since we were eating and visiting with seniors, this was probably not the place to go. However everyone enjoyed the food!Special Features:
- eventhough we had reservation,NnouriDined on 10/5/2012eventhough we had reservation, we waited 20 minutes to get seated. not enough waiting area. the host was lost, busy and noncommunacative. The food was good and servers were ok. they charged gratuity even for 5 people, so I almost paid 40% tip, but checked at last minute.
- i'm glad to have an opp toOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/21/2012i'm glad to have an opp to provide feedback on our visit. Food=OUTSTANDING. We've brought family & out town/state visitors to Hola f/years and have never been disappointed. Chicken Chipotle, Carnitas, Enchi/Taco plate were all excellent!!! i was so pleased, since i had raved abt Hola to my nephew beforehand. the noise level = not good. it was late in the evening, and though not crowded, we had to strain to hear each other. service was a bit slow. angelica was awesome, friendly, professional, but it took quite some time to be able to give our order, receive tortillas, etc. loved it, loved it, loved it! my nephew's fiance said it was the best carnitas she'd had in such a long time, and i had to wholeheartedly agree w/her. thaSpecial Features:
- Unfortunately, there wereOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/17/2012Unfortunately, there were not enough people attending tables/working in the kitchens at lunchtime... our party of eight had to wait over an hour for our food to be served. Everything else was fine.
- Food was exceptionally delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2012Food was exceptionally delicious. I order the Arroz con camerones!! Yummy. We had our 2 kids with us. They each thought their food was yummy. The service was a bit slow, but over all, the experience was great.Special Features:
- One of the best for MexicanEmjayDined on 7/20/2012All dishes experienced are vary good. Good value. Friendly staff. Rarely a wait. Definitely recommended. One of my favorites.Special Features:
- Lovely place, great kids menuKlwaphDined on 7/17/2012The food has improved since we last ate here several years ago. We will definitely go more often now. I was super impressed with their kids menu. I was able to order mild chicken fajita meat with Spanish rice, carrots, and avocado slices for my 4 year old. She ate it some of everything. It's really nice to find some good, healthy food for her. And I love sitting by the window overlooking the plant nursery with fountains next door.Special Features:
- Restaurant was crowded foodGoodDined on 7/13/2012Restaurant was crowded food wasn't good served cold and service wasn't so great either. Our server seemed annoyed every time he came to check on our table
- Only For Convenience...OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/7/2012Hola is a restaurant for locals and their families in the neighborhood. Very noisy without being busy because of children roaming away from their designated table. Food is fair however a little 'Pricey' for what it is... If you look around the tables you will see most sharing their food with those in their party who did not order. It would be only for an urge for Mexican-ish food and the convenience of their locality that I 'might' return... but I think there are others I might choose ahead of Hola.
- We have been to Hola manyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/12/2012We have been to Hola many times but lately the food hasn't been as good. We were in the mood for good basic Mexican food with a nice margarita. Unfortunately the margs were too sweet with way too much mix and the food only so so. We would've been better off getting cheap takeout for what we wanted. I hope things improve, it used to be a better restaurant.
- Fun experience and our waiterchicasVIPDined on 4/26/2012Fun experience and our waiter Armando was super sweet and accommodating.Special Features:
- great service !! friendly,vickiDined on 4/21/2012great service !! friendly, helpful and happy atmosphere!!...will definitely come back and recommend to friends! thank youSpecial Features: